Michael Jackson nominated for five AMAs

No offence to anyone, and I hope Mike wins, but seriously - what's with all the nominations NOW?
Too little too late, IMO.

Umm.... to vote michael artist of the year in 2007, or 2008 would not make sense.

Umm theres no need to be rude, i know what you mean, i was just sayin it, i also think they are kinda silly, but if theres is someone who deserves awards (even though they dont mean nothing) that is Michael Jackson
I said nothing rude, but it's called the American Music Awards. Canada has an award called the Juno. The USA, China, or Africa has nothing to do with that or vote for its nominees. Nor do they vote for the Brit Awards.

How do you mean too little too late and all the voting now?

I am thinking that you mean America ??? If Michael were still here today he'd be up for an award because.... THis Is IT was going to be Michaels time around all the artist that were huge in USA and that time are all coming out with albums now... Michael woul have been awarded either way. it was going to be his time in USA. It is sooooo very competitive in USA in the world of artists and Michael came out ON TOP HERE. he deserves these awards and either way would have gotten them. Michael is from America and known EVERYWHERE.

Nome, I don't mean USA, no no, nothing like that.
I just mean he's not here to appreciate all the attention he's suddenly getting. I find that just a tad hypocritical. Not the FANS VOTING - because fans have been supporting him always. I mean the industry that suddenly remembered its brightest star - but a little too late.
All the same - I got my fingers crossed for him. Hope he wins.

Nome, I don't mean USA, no no, nothing like that.
I just mean he's not here to appreciate all the attention he's suddenly getting. I find that just a tad hypocritical. Not the FANS VOTING - because fans have been supporting him always. I mean the industry that suddenly remembered its brightest star - but a little too late.
All the same - I got my fingers crossed for him. Hope he wins.

I understand what you mean. I honestly I wasn't trying to sound cruel. I REALLY WISH with ALL MY SOUL he could see how much LOVE is for him right now!!!

I think these are based off of this year alone, I may be wrong, but I think we all remember those "Michael Jackson Number Ones/Essentials/Thriller 25 are Number such and such on the billboard charts" threads. If my theory is correct then way to go Michael, even though they seem to be jumping on the bandwagon, this is great news none the less.

I said nothing rude, but it's called the American Music Awards. Canada has an award called the Juno. The USA, China, or Africa has nothing to do with that or vote for its nominees. Nor do they vote for the Brit Awards.
It should be called United States awards, sorry, Juno its a much more proper name...:yes:

even if your not in usa.. use the addresses a few of us posted and register and vote!!!! :ninja:

i posted an address in las vegas for peeps to use and someone posted a link to a cali area :lol: just use your real email addy :)

heres the address again:
8450 W charleston Blvd
Las Vegas NV 89117

i finally got to vote.. it was my work blockin the pop up windows so thats why i struggled so much earlier today.. but i voted.. with all my email addys :lmao:
Hey thanks!:) you are cool unlike others:bugeyed... ;D

Why are some of you so negative? Ugh, enough already please. If Michael didn't get nominated i'm sure many would be complaining, so you can't win either way it seems. If this was the Grammy association or something nominating MJ, I would have been suspicious, but the American Music Awards and Dick Clark have ALWAYS been respectful towards MJ and recognized him.

Michael has more awards than any other singer or entertainer in history and he's won several AMA's in his lifetime. He was recognized greatly. It's just that many treated him like ish but stop trying to act like everyone was against him 'cause it's simply not true. The AMA's, unlike MTV and others, have been good to Michael!!!

Some don't seem to get that also that the AMA's gives awards based on AIRPLAY and SALES for the year. For 2009, Michael had substantial airplay on the radio and Number One's is either the #1 or #2 selling album of the year in America, so Michael more than fits the criteria.

This is why he's being nominated. I so wish he was around today, I would take that over him winning any awards, but it's good that he's being recognized at least. Winning certainly can't hurt him or his legacy. I will continue to vote and i'll post this on all the social networking sites like facebook, twitter,etc.

Again, I hope he wins something at the AMA's, GO MIKE!

I think these are based off of this year alone, I may be wrong, but I think we all remember those "Michael Jackson Number Ones/Essentials/Thriller 25 are Number such and such on the billboard charts" threads. If my theory is correct then way to go Michael, even though they seem to be jumping on the bandwagon, this is great news none the less.

yes,AMAs go by sales and air play, not based on the year the material may have been released.

You are so right. Really all of them now what they can do.

Really who out there can touch him? This is the happiest I have been in a long time.

It's really messed up that he want be here to get it. It's still good so all them haters out there no what it is. He is the best there will ever be. I just hope this will shut them up a little, but I know (pipe dream). They play him so much, that shit pisses me off. I just want him to win them all and slap all the mfers in the face and say "And What". Real talk.

Last edited:
Feel free to use this address-it's the least he could do.

Dr Conrad Murray MD 2110 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas Nevada

The nominations are based on sales for Number Ones.

MJ won 21 AMAs I believe.

Fans need to keep voting. Taylor Swift fans are going all out for this. No one seems to think MJ fans will be able to top them.

yes,AMAs go by sales and air play, not based on the year the material may have been released.

Thank you! I don't understand why people are complaining about MJ being nominated now and not earlier, since the nominations are based on sales and airplay!

trying to vote again, but it won't let me well at least not in the categories for MJ.. I guess I gotta clear out my cookies...lol

Feel free to use this address-it's the least he could do.

Dr Conrad Murray MD 2110 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas Nevada

The nominations are based on sales for Number Ones.

MJ won 21 AMAs I believe.
:lol: I will vote! I'm not living in US, but I should do it:punk:

sorry for dbl post but here are a few addys that are here in Atlanta you all can use

1981 Woodberry Ave, Apt N3
Atlanta, ga 30344
404-761-1200

768 juniper street
atl, ga 30306

4171 Washington Rd
Atlanta, GA 30344-7025
(404) 559-0970

6596 Arbor Gate Dr SW

Mableton, GA 30126

2210 Sullivan Rd

College Park, GA 30337 (404) 254-2384

Non-US residents can easily vote for MJ in the American Music Awards without using the same address for each person!!

You do need a US address, but you can use this US address generator to generate a new address for each person.

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

a) Just choose a 'Gender' as Male or Female
b) Choose the 'Name Set' as 'American'
c) Choose 'Country' as 'United States'

The next page gives you many details, but the important ones are the address and phone number.
I just used this and it allowed me to vote in all catagories.

LETS MAKE MIKE AN AMA WINNER!!!

Back