Michael Jackson museum induction to be hit by protests *Merged*

Re: Michael Jackson museum induction to be hit by protests

Michael has been getting honored since last yr and now these people come?! lol Maybe they been under a rock! Obviously it's for attention and people will ignore and continue to honor MJ regardless of these fools! It's their lost if they just hear rumors and run with it before checking their facts! MORONS!

Well I posted a comment on their website.

This attack on Michael is unacceptable. If they want support or awareness of their cause and are using Michael's name well, they just made a huge PR mistake. Right now Michael is revered and beloved everywhere and their stunt is going to backfire big time.

I am really ashamed of being Catholic. At least my priest celebrated and mourned Michael when he passed- that was quite wonderful. But these ppl make me sick. I pray for them. Hate is something Jesus never taught!

Dont worry bout it guys- i doubt that they will do it. And if they will, they will properly be told to get out.

too weird for words

Whatever they say or do Michael still achieved a heck of a lot in the music industry. Like their protest would do anything.... :rolleyes:

They are wasting their time and they should mind their own business.....

'Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt',' wrote John Aretakis and the Reverend Robert Hoatson of the group, Road to Recovery Inc, in a letter to the museum

This is a ridiculous statement. Rich people who are sued are most often guilty just because they are rich? So when poor people are found not-guilty we know they are innocent just because their poor? Where does evaluating the evidence fit into this nonsense?

Michael Jackson is pictured leaving London's Lanesborough Hotel and boarding his bus as he heads to the O2 Arena to make announcements regarding his comeback concerts, expected to run to 30 dates later this year. - Splash News

By Gavin Wilson Jun 27, 2010, 18:55 GMT

Michael Jackson's induction into a US museum will be overshadowed by protests by child abuse survivors.

The singer is set to be inducted into the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame in New York in August for his contribution to dance.

But a group that represents people molested as children plans to disrupt the celebration by demonstrating outside the Saratoga Springs venue.

Jackson, who died on June 25, 2009, at the age of 50, was acquitted of child sex abuse charges in 2005.

'Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt',' wrote John Aretakis and the Reverend Robert Hoatson of the group, Road to Recovery Inc, in a letter to the museum

'We know your Hall of Fame may do good work and is trying to secure state and national notoriety, media coverage and significant donations. However, to do so on the backs of childhood survivors of sexual abuse by honouring a paedophile is not a good business decision.'

Donna Skiff, a spokeswoman for the museum, told a US newspaper: 'We are honouring him for his dance and not for his lifestyle.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1566752.php
'We are honoring him for his dance not for his lifestyle'....What in the heck is that spokeswoman implying?!:bugeyed:mat::mat::mat: Some people UGH.

Last edited:

nobody ever considers that every walk of life can be abused, and usually is. it's very possible that these 'child abuse survivors' were never abused, but are posing as survivors, to help the lying media barrage, simply because they are haters. they were never abused by someone that rich, so they don't know what they were talking about. they know we can't prove they were not abused, nor prove that they WERE abused, so, i take them with less than a grain of salt. they come from so many places of prejudice, envy and hate, that they cannot be trusted, plus, the excuse they use, about rich people was peddled first, by the media, which knows nothing about child abuse. so, these people are copying and pasting from the media, so they are even less trustworthy, there.

and there are too many rich people that HAVE been convicted of crimes,(Ronnie Spector) for these idiots to be trusted. so, they are uninformed,(on purpose) as well.

Last edited:

I am Catholic, and I have always been curious about Saratoga Springs. Road trip.

Where is their website? Hypocritical priests are a favorite hobby of mine.

How can you seriously call somebody a pedo when the man was acquitted of all charges?
Sure, you can have your suspisions, but to state something as fact when wasn't proven in a massive, high profile court case beggars belief.
As victims of such a horrible crime, you would think they would have paid more attention to the facts of the case, not taken the media's representation of the case, at face value.
Oh well, with losers like that in the world, it just makes the rest of us look better.

I have done a Google search and think this is their website:

http://www.road-to-recovery.org/

It states Robert M. Hoatson is Founder and President

Road to Recovery, Inc. (serving clergy abuse survivors)
P.O. Box 279
Livingston, NJ 07039

Please feel free to put this group in it's place. Of course, this should be done in a polite and positive way to encourage open debate, rather than to further alienate them against Michael Jackson.

Forgive them, for they know not what they say. LOL.

We should contact them and give them one hell of a lecture.

There's no point in getting worked up over the words of these ignorant fools, but I can't help feeling soooo frustrated and angry!! Why won't they do their homework and STFU?!

And the spokeperson's response.. "We are honoring him for his dance not for his lifestyle" :shock: :angry: :sigh:

This is all bullsh*t!!i'm tried of people pretending they know the truth but they DON'T!!
go and check up FACTS!!

Michael Jackson is pictured leaving London's Lanesborough Hotel and boarding his bus as he heads to the O2 Arena to make announcements regarding his comeback concerts, expected to run to 30 dates later this year. - Splash News

By Gavin Wilson Jun 27, 2010, 18:55 GMT

Michael Jackson's induction into a US museum will be overshadowed by protests by child abuse survivors.

The singer is set to be inducted into the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame in New York in August for his contribution to dance.

But a group that represents people molested as children plans to disrupt the celebration by demonstrating outside the Saratoga Springs venue.

Jackson, who died on June 25, 2009, at the age of 50, was acquitted of child sex abuse charges in 2005.

'We know your Hall of Fame may do good work and is trying to secure state and national notoriety, media coverage and significant donations. However, to do so on the backs of childhood survivors of sexual abuse by honouring a paedophile is not a good business decision.'

Donna Skiff, a spokeswoman for the museum, told a US newspaper: 'We are honouring him for his dance and not for his lifestyle.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1566752.php

???????????????????????????????????????

" WE ARE HONOURING HIM FOR HIS DANCE AND NOT FOR HIS LIFESTYLE"????????????????????????????????????????????????

They are stupid or what? When you read that, everybody can understand something hidden.............

Bastards! They try to say something more in this message! Stupid people!

Damn those retarded b@$^@#&$ to hell! I'll punch them straight in their faces for it!

This is writing off anyone who is ever accused of a sex crime as presumed guilty for life. I'm surprised that a proper organization (if they even are that) could let such a ridiculous statement be released as representative of their group. Maybe if someone accused one of them of pedophilia (victims of child molestation are more prone to becoming molesters themselves than the average person) they would have a different point of view on the matter.

I get that the members of this group are probably taking out their own hostilities towards their own molesters, but I don't give a fuck. At the point that they're branding somebody else as a child molester, I don't care about what happened to them. The hell with these people and their emotional baggage.

B!+ch PLIZZZZ! Why dont she just shut up b4 she digs a deeper hole for herself. Anything "Michael Jackson" Sells so she's gonna be in front of the line 2 get that PR she needs.

Tnx for the article...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

With all of the child molestation scandals that have hit the Roman Catholic Church, I just find this story slightly ironic. I do feel that people are using him as a way to kind of get back at their own attackers and/or use the PR to show that the catholic church is against molestation with all of the bad press the church has received since last decade, but ultimately, he was acquitted and it's important for people to not be uneducated imbeciles for once. MJ is a very easy target for a lot of people since his name generates instant attention and $$$.

Either way, he was a very, very controversial figure so this stuff is always going to happen, unfortunately. It just won't be another 20 or so years until the truth, finally, comes out completely. At least, I hope.

Anyways, while I don't agree with the museum's statement, we should show our support to them for honoring him. They are doing the right thing and this is something, I feel, that he deserves.

Ignorant people, there are actual criminals out there these people need to focus on. A not guilty verdict means there wasn't enough evidence to convict someone, not that the legal system is perfect but if they educated thmeslves about the case they'd see the accusers family is full of ish.

:doh: new day ,same s*** .that's all i am going to say

I have done a Google search and think this is their website:

http://www.road-to-recovery.org/

It states Robert M. Hoatson is Founder and President

Road to Recovery, Inc. (serving clergy abuse survivors)
P.O. Box 279
Livingston, NJ 07039

Please feel free to put this group in it's place. Of course, this should be done in a polite and positive way to encourage open debate, rather than to further alienate them against Michael Jackson.

Forgive them, for they know not what they say. LOL.

Thanks for this information---I have another address for the activist attorney who said these words---send to both and to the organization itself--I just wrote a scathing two-pager to them all----ignorance is bliss????

John A. Aretakis, Esq.
353 East 54th Street
New York, New York 10022

That's what made the damn media. They helped Michael to gone so soon. And now a poor people who have suffered will protest because the media led the world to believe that Michael is a freak. I hate them. Burn tabloids, Bashir, Dimond and whole bunch of criminals!

This is writing off anyone who is ever accused of a sex crime as presumed guilty for life. I'm surprised that a proper organization (if they even are that) could let such a ridiculous statement be released as representative of their group. Maybe if someone accused one of them of pedophilia (victims of child molestation are more prone to becoming molesters themselves than the average person) they would have a different point of view on the matter.

I get that the members of this group are probably taking out their own hostilities towards their own molesters, but I don't give a fuck. At the point that they're branding somebody else as a child molester, I don't care about what happened to them. The hell with these people and their emotional baggage.

considering the state spent over 4 mill trying to lynch mj and he spent over 1mill defending himself these ppl are crap at maths aswell as being idiots. god forbid someone can afford to defend themselves agaisnt the state let alone mj let alone a blackman. they should be more concered about their priests. smoke and mirrors. eh.

Back