Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer / Video on Page 11

Awe that brough tears to my eyes to see all the love in that video for Michael
Ist beautiful and I know Michael would love it and approve of all his fans effort.

Those complaining are probabley not in the video and need to understand
That This is not a Michael Jackson produced video its a video from his Fans.

Plus I see Michael is in this video:wub: he is in the hearts of all the fans who contribute

I like it. Congrats to the editors. It flows very well and hoozes love for Michael.
happy_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
eusa_dance.gif

Well actually I dont really like the video either :( Like some said the fan contribution videos are good but the result is bad. I really must agree that it kinda looks like a home made youtube video when it's supposed to be Offical Video. If another MV is going to be made, I hope it is nothing like this anymore. I hope more professionalism is put in the video. I am not saying that fan made video is bad. No. The fans did a great job because L.O.V.E. The people that finalized the video did badly when they have the best equipment.

I like HMH so much. It gives me goosebump whenever the scene where fans chanting "come back Michael,we love you Michael"at the very beginning. I hope more videos like this.

This is just my opinion everyone. I really dont want to offend anyone and Michael. I know the video is made from L.O.V.E, Michael in heart and since fans around the world are involved :heart:. I'm happy to see MJJC members were in the video too :)

Well actually I dont really like the video either :( Like some said the fan contribution videos are good but the result is bad. I really must agree that it kinda looks like a home made youtube video when it's supposed to be Offical Video. If another MV is going to be made, I hope it is nothing like this anymore. I hope more professionalism is put in the video. I am not saying that fan made video is bad. No. The fans did a great job because L.O.V.E. The people that finalized the video did badly when they have the best equipment.

I like HMH so much. It gives me goosebump whenever the scene where fans chanting "come back Michael,we love you Michael"at the very beginning. I hope more videos like this.

This is just my opinion everyone. I really dont want to offend anyone and Michael. I know the video is made from L.O.V.E, Michael in heart and since fans around the world are involved. I'm happy to see MJJC members were in the video too :)

i agree with this... sorry qbee im not liking it...
i dont think if this is played in mtv non fans would like it. as a fan base it nice and loving and ofcourse michael has the best fans. but im a little imbarresed because non fans would prop not like this really..
The love that went in to making this is shown yes but it doesnt come of right..
but lets agree to disagree

This was pretty much what I'd expected from the video.

Bad editing, lots of clips that seem really random and low-quality video footage. The video doesn't do the song justice at all.

Seriously, who are these people in charge of Michael's legacy? :mello:

No offence to those who participated.

Congrats to everyone who participated in this video, especially MJJC members :kickass:

A fan tribute is nice, but to me, the video seems lazy and, as others said, lacks innovation. I know Mike's not here, but they could have at least tried :ninja:

Ah well...The song is still brilliant (and sung by Mike lol) and that's all that matters to me :D

I agree :) I loved the idea about the fans all ages, from all over the world showing MJ some love but I think it lacks a little imagination.

The song, as we all know, it's amazing I hope it hits the radios :D

Wooo hoooo... my 9 year old daughter made the video! She is soooo excited! She was the girl in the bottom right corner holding the UK Union flag at 16 seconds!!! I'm so proud of her!

For me, this video was never going to be ground breaking... it isn't Michael's video! Michael was the groundbreaker and that ended when he died. Has anybody seen a groundbreaking video since Michael??

For me, this video is about L.O.V.E!! And it bought me to tears. HT video was ok, but mediocre! Some random girl that nobody really knew, dancing to Michaels song. BTM is about the fans, and there is sooooo much love there!

Congratulations to the producers and the BTM team! It is fantastic!!

Do we really care anymore what the rest of the world think? Does it matter if it is shown on MTV? Is it important that it pushes sales of the album?? For me, no.... xxxx

I can't say I'm keen on it but I don't think I'll ever get excited about an MJ video rever again to be honest.

Btw, Chucky just posted this on his Facebook page:

I can't believe this! Are you serious? The video we already shot for Behind The Mask months ago, the one the estate canned in favor of this version, was sooo much better than this mess..

Intreguing...

I can't say I'm keen on it but I don't think I'll ever get excited about an MJ video rever again to be honest.

I can't believe this! Are you serious? The video we already shot for Behind The Mask months ago, the one the estate canned in favor of this version, was sooo much better than this mess..

Intreguing...

Interesting! So there is a video and the estate decided not using it?

Intreguing...

Who is Chucky? Do you have a link to that twitter?

l'm going to say my opinion about this video
l agree that the last masterpiece in the history of the shorts films was "one more chance" even if it was finished but just to see his presence it gives your mind fly and back.
About those who said "Hollywood tonight" is better than "behind the mask" l will tell them Mmm maybe but you must know something "The girl who danced in the video" she has her part of money ,so she did it for money not for Love of Michael.
At least l and all who are in "behind the Mask video" we did it only to show that Michael is the lord of Music and no one can do like him especially virus that we see today like J.B and L.G ect.

l am not promoting "behind the mask" here ,and l will say this even if Sony did not select me but as you can see Michael proves to the world that he is The king of Love all around the world.

P.S : with the LOVE

l'm going to say my opinion about this video
l agree that the last masterpiece in the history of the shorts films was "one more chance" even if it was finished but just to see his presence it gives your mind fly and back.
About those who said "Hollywood tonight" is better than "behind the mask" l will tell them Mmm maybe but you must know something "The girl who danced in the video" she has her part of money ,so she did it for money not for Love of Michael.
At least l and all who are in "behind the Mask video" we did it only to show that Michael is the lord of Music and no one can do like him especially virus that we see today like J.B and L.G ect.

l am not promoting "behind the mask" here ,and l will say this even if Sony did not select me but as you can see Michael proves to the world that he is The king of Love all around the world.

P.S : with the LOVE
:
:girl_give_heart: well I love the video and I loved seeing you in it. I know you will treasure it always.
I know Michael loves it. This declaration of love by his fans from all over the world probably means more to him than some big budget video.
You did great Mehdi!!

Well I can at least say that the video brought a smilke to my face. It may not be Citizen Kane, but it was enjoyable to watch at least one time (I wouldn't want to watch it multiple times, except to see what things I could find).

I would really love to see the other video the estate shelved.

Oh well. :sigh:

I don't like. Everything from this album of $ONY and Cascios and Mr X and Y, I don't like.

Poor Mike, the worst insult in the musical HIStory.

I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of it. I don't mean to kill people's joy but it just seems cheesy to me. This song has the potential for such a creative music video and this doesn't justify it. Michael also needs to be included. I liked Hollywood Tonight much more...

I pretty much agree. Very amateur, it cost them almost nothing because they used us fans while they should have used professional graphic designers, video editors and film makers, not to mention the idea of merged moonwalks (the only thing I liked in this vid) was most likely stolen from "eternal moonwalk". Some fan-made videos look so much better than this one.
I didn't like HT video either.
I'm glad for fans who could participate but on the other hand it's a shame we still let them use us over and over again.

Last edited:
It wasn't art , it wasn't masterpiece but every second of it was filled with love. and I thought that was the most important message of Michael : Love

Someone animated a MJ doll to dance

2qvw20l.jpg

Someone dressed their hand in BJ outfit and did the dance with their fingers. Little kids made us proud

o8cvgg.jpg

Someone was dressed in Spike The Rabbit outfit

f9ic6p.jpg

This dude didn't need to do anything because he has a full back Dangerous Tattoo

afg61j.jpg

MJ Feet tattoo on her feet - extremely smart

dlgf3o.jpg

Who do you love? was responded with "Love MJ"

2md324l.jpg

and seriously how cute was those animals with their fedoras and sunglasses

hv3xqb.jpg

No it wasn't a wonderful masterpiece but I can't complain about all the love

I agree this video was filled to the brim with nothing but MJ love. They didn't accept my video but congrats to the ones who got to be part of something dedicated to Michael and shows him how much we truly love him. After all isn't that what Michael was all about? "it's all for love. L.O.V.E." kinda seems pointless to nag about something with such a deep meaning and such a great gift TO Michael... thats just my thought.

Awe that brough tears to my eyes to see all the love in that video for Michael
Ist beautiful and I know Michael would love it and approve of all his fans effort.

Those complaining are probabley not in the video and need to understand
That This is not a Michael Jackson produced video its a video from his Fans.

Plus I see Michael is in this video:wub: he is in the hearts of all the fans who contribute

I agree! :)

I've watched it several times today and it just brings me back to the time when I first became a part of the MJ online community several years ago. I met and spoke so many great people along the way. MJ family, I love ya! Great job!

:wub:

Well a very big thank you to those fans who participated in the video, like Ivy pointed out, some of them had really creative ideas. As for the video a whole, I expected it to be like that. So no disappointments from my side

Back