Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer / Video on Page 11

It won't let me download it. It says that free users can only download one file at a time, but I haven't downloaded any files at all.

i WOULD LOVE to see the btm they were first shooting were chucky is talking about, im sorry for those who like it but i just dont i found it crap, like some said here it has nothing to do with that michael is not in it *which is ofcourse hell but thats a different subject* its just looks like a home made video.
Im excited if i see the video of the other behind the mask it looks cool and proffesional, what a michael song deserves in my opinion.

Also im sad to see chucky feel the hate, he didnt deserve that for just saying his opinion, and we know now there is a second video..

ummm well for those who expected a *Michael Jackson Original Short film*, you should know by now that nothing ppl. are gonna do from now on will be at the level of Michael's Genius!

Personally, I'm happy with the video...not only because a part of it, but because this is something that I did for Michael. I feel proud and happy because I wasnt there outside the courtroom when he was going through h*ll! This video shows how much we love Michael...we did it for Michael!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

This is called the "behind the mask project".
Maybe this is just a project, a tribute video by the fans and the real video that was originally shot is going to be used for the single release?

I hope so because this is a great tribute video but not something they would show on tv.

Fun video and congrats to everyone who made it! You should be very proud! The only part I kinda sorta didn't like was the pets. A little too cutesy for me (but that's just me). :)

This is called the "behind the mask project".
Maybe this is just a project, a tribute video by the fans and the real video that was originally shot is going to be used for the single release?

I hope so because this is a great tribute video but not something they would show on tv.

I was wondering the same I don't understand why the word "project".
But anyway, this day 2 different tv channels in my country showed the video and people loved it, it was amazing.
I think people outside the fandom will love it too :D

oh ok lucilla never expected that to be on tv.. i showed some friends but there didnt like it either so, i hope for the other version to be released :) But good for those who are in it, congrats!

Anak posted:: Given that this suposed to be a Michael Jackson video you should want to see Michael Jackson in it and not you dancing. i think some people missed the point here. this was a video about Michael Jackson but aparently some people saw it as opotunity to see their face on tv.

in responce to what I said..

my responce is..

Oh PLEASE give me a break if people did not want to see themselves they would not have sent in a video.. that's just the 100% TRUTH. There is not ONE person who submitted a video that was not hoping to get there face on it.. they would be lying if they said so..

There's no point of trying to be the "fight for MJ" soldier in this one because everyone wanted to get in it and that's that.. there is no argument to argue

I think all fans who participated wanted to see themselves showing the world how much they LOVE Michael
and Michael was in this video. He was in the hearts of all the fans who participated and Im sad for those
who cant see that. I truly believe knowing how much Michael loved his fans he would love this tribute.

Fans are alway going to complain_ E ven if the other BTM video was released Some would still be complaining
just like they complained about "Hold My Hand" & complained about "Hollywwod Tonight" Some will NEVER be satisfied

So what difference does it make .. You will complain about this one or complain about the other .. LOL

The only part I kinda sorta didn't like was the pets. A little
too cutesy for me (but that's just me). :)
Why you don't like the pets?
In the begining of the video, they show us "This video is 100% FAN MADE" and is
"verry professional producced"... also "the most epic/inovating/revolutionary video
of Michael Jackson of all time"
So.. back to the pets...
They must be in there, since this video is 100% FAN MADE. Don't you know the pets are
fans too? They are living and greeving after theyr idol Michael Jackson, just like
us. They know well who is Michael Jackson.... they have the same feelings for
Michael, just like us!
NOT!

I am sorry for being ironic. I'm just sad about it... and I'm sure you'll get my
point...
That was one of the stupid ideea, the one wich doesn't had to take place in a Michael Jackson video. We are talking about a KING OF POP video!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My point of view is that:
They invited us to join in this project, submiting videos of ourselfs....
representing a part of Michael Jackson's artistic/career history.
They give us some acting roles, guides and storyboards... for our submissions to be
closer and easyer for them to compose the most revolutionary video of all time.

In the video, the LOVE feeling is THERE, and it's great! Bunt i don't think is enough
for the havyest entertener of all time.
The video i FLAT. Has no starting, no midle, no ending, no story.. no artistic, no
nothing.
Looks like they take a bunch of submited material from the fans and trowing them in
to that thing, called "video"

As an audience, since everybody is in the video... you CAN't see nobody. If a fan
appears in a shoot and you are trying to follow him or figure what is doing.... you
just CAN'T, because is too fast, and apears another one.
So, in the video, you can't follow nothing... as an image/action.
If you want to see something, you can do it only by stepping into frames.
The submited fan videor are playing constantly and each around 1 second.
This video is more like a bunch of flashes.... unable to follow something on it.

Doesn't have a line action, a curse, breaking rhytms... and all the normal stuff.
As visual, sadly it looks like a washing brain program.
For a KING OF POP, a video needs POWER and force, creativity... and all the stuff produccers promised us for the final product.
Maybe if the video didn't play the fans constantly.. it was better.
They put the big accent on quantity... and completly forgeting the quality!

Congratulation to all the fans who made it in the video. It's a great honnor for me
being together with you for Michael. I have a 3 appearences in the video.

My complais goes only to producers, not the fans involved.

I want to share with you some screencaps from some of my submited material:

20808021085965227721010.jpg

21734921085966894387510.jpg

22283621803371155980410.jpg

25107322080409461609910.jpg

24885022080412794942910.jpg

24730122080410794943110.jpg

25220522080408128276710.jpg

22714621803117156005810.jpg

22672121778055491845310.jpg

22214521624985173819010.jpg

Last edited:
in responce to what I said..

my responce is..

Oh PLEASE give me a break if people did not want to see themselves they would not have sent in a video.. that's just the 100% TRUTH. There is not ONE person who submitted a video that was not hoping to get there face on it.. they would be lying if they said so..

There's no point of trying to be the "fight for MJ" soldier in this one because everyone wanted to get in it and that's that.. there is no argument to argue

?hank for confirming me what i thouht. yes, unfortunately for some people, including you, this was only about their own self-assertion, about ther own disire to see their face on Tv and not about Michael Jackson and showenig they love to him. I find it pittyful. And i find equaly pittyful that peple of Sony understod that used that to play with Jackson's lagacy.

oh guys, come on. now you are going to bash those who made it into the video?? of course, it was NOT about showing off our faces on TV. I personally didn't even think about this video being aired on TV when I submitted my part. It was just to show my love and support. I can't believe some of you think it was done for other reasons than that.

?hank for confirming me what i thouht. yes, unfortunately for some people, including you, this was only about their own self-assertion, about ther own disire to see their face on Tv and not about Michael Jackson and showenig they love to him. I find it pittyful. And i find equaly pittyful that peple of Sony understod that used that to play with Jackson's lagacy.

I am stunned that people feel this way! I am understanding you correctly that you believe people did this just to gain attention for themselves and paying tribute to Michael had nothing to do with it?

He only confirmed that fans all wanted to be in the project.. not thier motive for wanting to.
You seem to have a VERY low opinion of the fans here and what Michael means to them. It hurts my heart you would think or feel that way about the fans who love him so much. Im not that familiar with your post and what your feelings are toward Michael and his fans but this just seems very mean and harsh to me. What in the world would make you feel that way toward his fans who participated. Of course they wanted to get in the project. But it is not all for selfish reasons. You twist the motives or reason why and make it negative. There was nothign but love in that video. Its just very strange to me that you missed all that. The fans are proud of thier tribute and of course they are happy to see themselves in it and there is nothing evil sinister or wrong in that. Just Have a little love in your heart for the fans who tried to thier best to honor Michael with their tribute.

Last edited:
I got my video uploaded onto my You Tube account. Check it out if you'd like. I'm not the greatest MJ dancer in the world, but I get the job done. lol

He only confirmed that fans all wanted to be in the project.. not thier motive for wanting to.
You seem to have a VERY low opinion of the fans here and what Michael means to them. It hurts my heart you would think or feel that way about the fans who love him so much. Im not that familiar with your post and what your feelings are toward Michael and his fans but this just seems very mean and harsh to me. What in the world would make you feel that way toward his fans who participated. Of course they wanted to get in the project. But it is not all for selfish reasons. You twist the motives or reason why and make it negative. There was nothign but love in that video. Its just very strange to me that you missed all that. The fans are proud of thier tribute and of course they are happy to see themselves in it and there is nothing evil sinister or wrong in that. Just Have a little love in your heart for the fans who tried to thier best to honor Michael with their tribute.

I saw the vid yesterday. I thought it was adorable.

And you know, while I was watching it, I was thinking of what others might think of it. I KNEW there were going to be people who didn't like it, but some of you are just ridiculous.

STOP EXPECTING A MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC VIDEO. Michael is gone and there will never be one again. Not the videos we know and love. And if you keep expecting something crazy and amazing, your life is only going to be filled with disappointment. Even if a break-out, extraordinary, out-of-this-world MJ music video was made...NONE of you/us would be fully satisfied, because it will always lack its star and the one thing that literally makes it magical...Michael.

For the people complaining about how this doesn't look like a professional video: how was it supposed to?? Fans sent in videos using different quality cameras, some low, some high. A lot were low. What can you do about that?

It's not about the quality of the camera, it's not about people wanting face time. While I watched the vid, all I could think of was the pure love these people were pouring. Fans of every age, race, sex, location...EVERYTHING. ALL these fans were brought together in a video to show how ONE MAN ALONE was and still is able to unite so many different groups of people.

Please...just try to enjoy yourselves for once fam. This is getting so old..

NONE of you/us would be fully satisfied
You are sooooo WRONG!
Barry Gibbs clips has NO complains from Michael Jackson fans. Not even ONE.
How many complains has Behind The Mask teaser clips?
No, don't answer me.

I think we have different vision/concept about what VALUE means!

For the people complaining about how this doesn't look like a professional video: how was it supposed to?? Fans sent in videos using different quality cameras, some low, some high. A lot were low. What can you do about that?

It's not about the quality of the camera, it's not about people wanting face time. While I watched the vid, all I could think of was the pure love these people were pouring. Fans of every age, race, sex, location...EVERYTHING. ALL these fans were brought together in a video to show how ONE MAN ALONE was and still is able to unite so many different groups of people.

You people think that LOVE is the only word Michael was related. And you are thankfull, believeing it's enough... and also this is all that matter!
No, is not enough at all!

Michael was related to GENIUS.... Michael was related to POWER, Michael was related to FORCE.... to HEAVY, to ART... to KING, Michael was related to KING OF POP... etc..etc...
Michael was related to LOVE too... but only after all that.

Sooner people will getting sick and tired of "so much love"... and many of the fans are just breaking/smashing the true sense of the word itself "LOVE", using it in every time and in any way (till saturation), to defend or justify themselfs.

Let me put it this way...
The video shows LOVE!
The WORLD knows allready Michael Jackson fans... and theyr devotion, love, and all the stuff....
It's a well know fact!
Then, what is the point of this vid?
The producers didn't understand the "Michael Jackson Concept"...

Am i the only one who appears in the video, and didn't like it?

No, that's funny, I did notice Suleman Mirza 2 times in the video.

I saw the vid yesterday. I thought it was adorable.

And you know, while I was watching it, I was thinking of what others might think of it. I KNEW there were going to be people who didn't like it, but some of you are just ridiculous.

STOP EXPECTING A MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC VIDEO. Michael is gone and there will never be one again. Not the videos we know and love. And if you keep expecting something crazy and amazing, your life is only going to be filled with disappointment. Even if a break-out, extraordinary, out-of-this-world MJ music video was made...NONE of you/us would be fully satisfied, because it will always lack its star and the one thing that literally makes it magical...Michael.

Please...just try to enjoy yourselves for once fam. This is getting so old..

Very well said. :clap:

You are sooooo WRONG!
Barry Gibbs clips has NO complains from Michael Jackson fans. Not even ONE.

This is not true. I've seen several fans state that they don't like the song, even calling it horrid.

Some MJ fans, many people in general, thrive on negativity. Of course they do not really thrive, but expressing their dissatisfaction about everything makes them feel a little better about themselves for a slight second. Of course one can have a negative opinion about something once in a while, but continually moaning about everything will make you rot inside.

Now I wanted to watch the video for the first time (I didn't have the time to watch it before), but it's blocked in Germany! :mat:
That sucks...

Back