Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer / Video on Page 11

That, has to be from the REAL Behind The Mask Video?

I want to see the original video!! What's wrong with Sony/Estate? First they spend time and money on making a video and then decide not to release it. :huh: That doesn't mean they shouldn't have released the fanmade video, but why not use both to promote BTM? That way we'd have a professional video AND a video showcasing the love and appreciation of Michael's fans.

Based on photos and that youtube-clip the original video concept seemed very promising. I hope we'll get to see it, too.

It kind of reminds me of Lady Gaga's new Google Chrome commercial. This must have inspired her. ;)

I watched the video quite a few times now..because i know several people in it and I kept going back to see all the little details I had previously missed.

I love the video..it might partially be due to timing...but I see it as a love letter from fan to MJ. I am glad fans from all over the world to pay their own tribute to the person who inspired us so much. I know we always have our disagreements ..but this one time I am very proud of MJ's fans.

For those who say they wanted to see MJ in the video...look harder..or feel harder.

^I agree. Although I would love to see the other one, this video was made from love.

Exactly. And Chucky is little prick...After calling MJ a mess he has the nerves to go to the estate for a job?

He can shove his criticism ....

Given that this suposed to be a Michael Jackson video you should want to see Michael Jackson in it and not you dancing. i think some people missed the point here. this was a video about Michael Jackson but aparently some people saw it as opotunity to see their face on tv.
I disagree.... there are still some vids without Michael Jackson in them... released by Michael himself. Cry... HIStory... etc...
So NO. That's not the point....

now that the video is released what is the digital single release date ?

hey guys post pictures if you are in the video. If you can't post pictures post here the time that you are in the video and I'll post the pictures for you.

Hey Ivy, thanks for offering to do this... can you post the pic of my daughter at 16 seconds holding the UK flag, she would love to see herself on here and to have the screenshot would be great!

Thank youx

Edit: In the small clip of the behind the mask (behind the scenes) shoot above ^^^^^ I saw Spike the rabbit... so he was gonna be in BOTH Behind the mask videos!!!

Last edited:
Nice video and idea. Im sure it would make mj smile and feel humbled that fans from all over the world did this for him.

I watched the video quite a few times now..because i know several people in it and I kept going back to see all the little details I had previously missed.

I love the video..it might partially be due to timing...but I see it as a love letter from fan to MJ. I am glad fans from all over the world to pay their own tribute to the person who inspired us so much. I know we always have our disagreements ..but this one time I am very proud of MJ's fans.

For those who say they wanted to see MJ in the video...look harder..or feel harder.

well said.the video has made me feel happy and sad at the same time.seeing the fans showing their love for mj

Hey Ivy, thanks for offering to do this... can you post the pic of my daughter at 16 seconds holding the UK flag, she would love to see herself on here and to have the screenshot would be great!

Thank youx

1zguxk4.jpg

I'm in the video too.... but sadly i must tell that is the wrost video i ever seen in my life.

I am not talking about the submited material... but the production of them!
They are ruin Michael's legacy with all this stuff.

I am soo dissapointed about how they manage that project.... as they call it "professionally produced video".
What a CRAP!
What a waste of time! :no:

Forgive them Michael! :(
Exactly, especially that they announced it as "the most epic, international, and crowdsourced Michael Jackson video of all time."

Something must have happened with the other video if it's not going to be released. Or is it possible that they didn't want to release it the same time as this one?

I disagree.... there are still some vids without Michael Jackson in them... released by Michael himself. Cry... HIStory... etc...
So NO. That's not the point....
HIStory???
Cry was a forced project by Sony, released without Michael's approval! He refused to appear in the low-budget video.

Yeah... HIStory in the mix! Don't you know that video? Here you go...
His appearence is almost like in Hollywood Tonight. Just Images from different clips.

What about Heal The World? What about Man In the Mirror?

Anyway... let's not talk about other vids. Not here.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by anak
Given that this suposed to be a Michael Jackson video you should want to see Michael Jackson in it and not you dancing. i think some people missed the point here. this was a video about Michael Jackson but aparently some people saw it as opotunity to see their face on tv.

Exactly!!!

Thank you for doing this Ivy.... you are a true star!!!! x x

you are welcome. she's a cutie :) is there glitter paint on that flag?

I am in this picture too! haha :) Russia loves Michael!

I know. see how a video brings together people around the world? 2 members of MJJC side by side at a MJ video.

you are welcome. she's a cutie :) is there glitter paint on that flag?

Yeah, she made the flag herself and painted it and glittered it... we did some wonderful videos in the forest and spent about 3 hours working on the videos... for some reason they chose this lower quality one... but she is so proud!!!! And such a huge fan!!

I probably should post on here that I'm in the video... TWICE!!!! :D

Here's the first shot. I'm wearing the red shirt and spiral goggles:

248784_1829332659204_1416969660_31615936_6898875_n.jpg

Here's my second shot. I'm in the top left-hand corner wearing the red shirt:

248784_1829332739206_1416969660_31615938_3736141_n.jpg

Yeah, she made the flag herself and painted it and glittered it... we did some wonderful videos in the forest and spent about 3 hours working on the videos... for some reason they chose this lower quality one... but she is so proud!!!! And such a huge fan!!

see this was what I was talking about yesterday. there are a lot of hidden treasures and incredible amount of love involved in this video. the effort by you and your daughter. and the glitter is such a nice touch and Michael sure loved sparkly things :) Please tell your daughter that I am also so proud of her and I'm extremely happy that both of you made the cut :)

I probably should post on here that I'm in the video... TWICE!!!! :D

Here's the first shot. I'm wearing the red shirt and spiral goggles:

248784_1829332659204_1416969660_31615936_6898875_n.jpg

Here's my second shot. I'm in the top left-hand corner wearing the red shirt:

248784_1829332739206_1416969660_31615938_3736141_n.jpg

:) that googles makes you stand out. smart move :)

see this was what I was talking about yesterday. there are a lot of hidden treasures and incredible amount of love involved in this video. the effort by you and your daughter. and the glitter is such a nice touch and Michael sure loved sparkly things :) Please tell your daughter that I am also so proud of her and I'm extremely happy that both of you made the cut :)

That was the idea :D Though I wish I could've sent the higher-quality files, but they just wouldn't go through. It was only a few days ago that I realized that Movie Maker could compress the files slightly less to make it look a lot better, but the quality doesn't matter in a project such as this! I'm amazed that I made the video TWICE! I was astounded to make it once, but I'm happy that I (along with everyone else that made the cut) is now a part of MJ HIStory!!

I think they did a good job of editing it all together and the love in it is amazing.

I'm able to watch this video from another perspective now. This video grows on me. A masterpiece, it isn't. A fitting video for the song Behind The Mask, it isn't. Original and innovative, no.

But, you know what, the love from the fans weights more than the above.

Again, congratulations to everyone who makes the cut!

Back