Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer / Video on Page 11

i think this is gorgeous. it says one thing: WE LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON. no person can argue that. we love him and we'll never forget this special man.
congrats to all. well done to the team that worked on the video. i can understand now how it took so long and by the sounds of it, they worked really hard to include as many people as possible. this is the legacy of michael jackson. i wish he could of seen this but maybe he can... :)

edit: just watched in slow motion and it bought tears to my eyes. how one man can evoke such a strong love and dedication from every type of person. wow. what a man.....

Last edited:
have you all seen spike the rabbit in the video ehehe

shockingly, it sucks =( great idea, badly done. The way its been made is old and over used. I like the idea of us, the fans, being involved. But Michael was an innovator, and had he thought of making a video involving us, it would have been a LOT more original than this pile of steaming.........

I dont want to ruin other people's joy...epecially those that are excited and like the video...but..I will just say the way I feel and not post in this thread again. I think the video sucks...again..one cannot make a Michael Jackson video WITHOUT Michael Jackson. I realize it is suppose to be fan contributed video. IMO...they are using the fans to make money for the video....it may help those who participated in the video feel better enotionally...but..to me...things like this dont help. They need to leave well enough alone now...no Michael...no Michael video's. What are they gonna do come out with video's for every song on the damn album?...Sorry for the rant guys. I am done now.

shockingly, it sucks =( great idea, badly done. The way its been made is old and over used. I like the idea of us, the fans, being involved. But Michael was an innovator, and had he thought of making a video involving us, it would have been a LOT more original than this pile of steaming.........

No it didnt suck! It's all about LOVE and thats why this video is very special and unic.
Well done guys!

I love the video! It brought tears to my eyes to see the unity of the MJ fan community in the video. Nothing but L.O.V.E.!! :D :clapping::punk:

After all this waiting, I thought it was okay. I enjoyed the concept of the fans in the video, but after all this time they had us wait, I honestly expected more. It wasn't too bad and I'm not ungrateful I mean at least we're getting something. I enjoyed the Hollywood Tonight video more than this to be honest.
However watching it made me smile, it was made with L.O.V.E. and it shows.

No it didnt suck! It's all about LOVE and thats why this video is very special and unic.
Well done guys!

Trying to justify this with the pre-recorded fan excuse "its made with L.O.V.E" doesn't change my mind. To me, it sucks. there are many, MANY better, more respectful ways they could have done this. Like i said, its been done this way so many times its just not impressive anymore. Yeah, its touching to see how many ppl care about MJ, if ur an idiot who has no idea about his fan base. But we do, we're part of it and we already know how much we LOVE michael, so the videos meaning is kinda lost. But, this is just my opinion, i am entitled to, as u are to urs.

The YouTube video has 932 likes but only 301 views.............

I like how they merged the moonwalking. And I thought the children and the animals were really cute. :wub: Congrats to everyone who made it!

well done to everyone who took part in this.. i would have if i wasnt so camera shy. although i know a lot of us would have loved a video with michael in it. this was done with us in mind and it feels nice watching the world dance together to michael. bitter sweet but great xx

I would have liked an actual short film, but it was nice seeing everyone come together to do this! I rather enjoyed the sequencing of the moonwalks and toe stands. :D

Great Video!!!
We love Michael Jackson,thats what its about!!!!
I Love it!!!

and is it me or can no MJ fan do the side slide the right way? He moved to the right, not the left!

So those screen-shots we've seen before of a man with a dangerous mask, and another one with a guitar, like it was a concert... it was nothing?

I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of it. I don't mean to kill people's joy but it just seems cheesy to me. This song has the potential for such a creative music video and this doesn't justify it. Michael also needs to be included. I liked Hollywood Tonight much more...

A great idea executed in such an amateur way. Michael Jackson had an amazing relationship with his fans but I don't think the video was directed in a way that truly reflected it. I'm glad the public were given a chance to be in a Michael Jackson video but I have no idea where the director was. It truly looks like a youtube video made using something like media player. Sony really need to find the best way to make use (i hate that phrase) of the fans. Like another member here said 'Michael was an innovator', I don't think this would have been met with his approval.

A fan tribute is nice, but to me, the video seems lazy and, as others said, lacks innovation. I know Mike's not here, but they could have at least tried :ninja:

Ah well...The song is still brilliant (and sung by Mike lol) and that's all that matters to me :D

I loved it. This songs is really good, like it more and more for every time. Good way of making a video now that Michael is no longer with us....

I think it's a great video, better than expected. It's nice to see people from all parts of the world showing love to Michael Jackson, and that's wonderful!

wow some nice videos and some really bad ones in there
i dont like the concept, i do like how sony made it that is good, but some videos are just ridiculus, sorry i rather have HT...

what i do like is the group dancing that is amazing!! Would love to have seen more of that..
also is the song a little different in ending?

edit: also cool are the buildings from different countrys that is nice

I'm happy for the fans that made the video but I don't really like it. They could have done so much with this video, it just doesn't do the song justice. It just looks like a home made video that anyone could have made using movie maker.

So those screen-shots we've seen before of a man with a dangerous mask, and another one with a guitar, like it was a concert... it was nothing?

I guess they scrapped it. Too bad, because it looked like it could've been something interesting.

Back