Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer / Video on Page 11

Re: When will the BEHIND THE MASK video be released?

IMA the project is cancelled! too late!!!

Is there no way to contact the "Behind the mask team" and find out what is happening? It really is like the project has been shelved!

"Sony Music Russia" said yesterday that the "Behind The Mask" music video should be officially released somewhen June 22-25th 2011. It's been confirmed now. :yes:

They are probably just perfecting it for the fans. Im sure the producer wanst to choose the best fan clips and include as many fans as possible. I hope they add some great MJ clips to the mix and stir it with care .. or should I say beat it :)

"Sony Music Russia" said yesterday that the "Behind The Mask" music video should be officially released somewhen June 22-25th 2011. It's been confirmed now. :yes:
I'm so excited!!!!
Our wait is soon over. :woohoo:

Do You have a link to Russia-Sony's announcement? I checked their site, but didn't find anything regarding BTM.

I don't see why it took them so long to make a statement about when the video would be released. - I do not see why the video is released so late.

BUT - Can't wait for the video to be released.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Is it confirmed that Sony Russia has said this? Any links to the announcement would be great! I don't understand at this time how the announcement has come from Sony Russia but hey... this is Sony after all!

If its true 25th June would not surprise one bit.

Is it confirmed that Sony Russia has said this? Any links to the announcement would be great! I don't understand at this time how the announcement has come from Sony Russia but hey... this is Sony after all!

It was said and confirmed by the producers of Sergey Lazarev (Russian singer, recorded at Sony Music Russia), also it was posted at official SMR Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SonyMusicRussia recently, however this post have been deleted after all - I think Sony form US or UK asked them not to spread these news too early and on their own.

the sooner the better
can't wait any more

I see this being an "anniversary" release. Probably start to see some more clips from the 20th, with the full vid out onthe 25th with sony giving it the whole "look how much the fans love michael still, so please give us money"

This is just the most fantastic thing I have ever seen, the whole flash mob phenomenon! I love to see people break into song and dance in the most unlikely places. Maybe this is the start of world peace! Michael must be smiling from Heaven. Can't wait to see this video.

hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif
hamster_dance.gif

Can`t wait!

Thanks for the info

Behind the Mask Video trailer.

[video=youtube;yv62k7mkWPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yv62k7mkWPE[/video]

Exclusive World Premiere of Michael Jackson's "Behind The Mask"
14 June at 09:00 at www.Facebook.com/MichaelJackso<wbr>n
This spring, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music gave everyone around the world the opportunity to be a... part of Michael Jackson&#8217;s video legacy with The Behind the Mask Project. This groundbreaking, global online casting call prompted people in all corners of the planet who love Michael Jackson&#8217;s music to shoot, upload and submit their own unique performances for inclusion in the video; the project elicited an unprecedented response from 103 countries around the world. And on June 14th, The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled on www.Facebook.com/MichaelJackso<wbr>n.

Im looking forward to see how it will come out in the end :)

245598635.jpg

View the trailer here:
[YOUTUBE]yv62k7mkWPE[/YOUTUBE]

For Immediate Release
June 8, 2011

THE WORLD UNITES ON NEW MICHAEL JACKSON VIDEO &#8220;BEHIND THE MASK&#8221;

Groundbreaking &#8220;Crowdsourced&#8221; Video to Debut on June 14th on Facebook.com/MichaelJackson

New York, NY &#8211; This spring, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music gave everyone around the world the opportunity to be a part of Michael Jackson&#8217;s video legacy with The Behind the Mask Project. This groundbreaking, global online casting call prompted people in all corners of the planet who love Michael Jackson&#8217;s music to shoot, upload and submit their own unique performances for inclusion in the video; the project elicited an unprecedented response from 103 countries in the world. And on June 14th, The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled on www.Facebook.com/MichaelJackson.

Led by the creative team at @radical.media and acclaimed director Dennis Liu,
The Behind the Mask Project launched in March 2011 with a state of the art website http://behindthemask.michaeljackson.com loaded with simple tools that defined the different roles one could play. Upon entering the site, users selected an action like playing an instrument, singing a lyric, acting out a crowd reaction or demonstrating a classic MJ dance move. Then, using the site&#8217;s split-screen template, contributors were able to shoot their move right on the website or with their web cam and upload the clip at the precise time it occurred in the video.

Dennis Liu comments, &#8220;This has been the most exciting and fun project I think I've ever been involved in. It's been such a privilege, and was incredibly moving to see so many people from all over the world join as one, their creative voices, dance and musical talents bound together by Michael Jackson&#8217;s spirit and incomparable artistry. We received submissions from the Sahara Desert to Venice Beach, from mountaintops to suburban backyards, with some shots featuring well over one hundred people apiece. All who participated delivered brilliantly.&#8221;

After submissions poured in from all over the globe they were carefully edited down by the director to the best 1600 submissions (including 50 kids and 36 animals). On June 14th, the 35 million Facebook fans of Michael Jackson will get the first look at this landmark video. New fans can log on to www.Facebook.com/MichaelJackson and click &#8220;Like&#8221; to view the video.

Technology journalist Natali Morris comments, &#8220;Michael Jackson was crowdsourcing his videos before crowdsourcing even existed. This project is a perfect way to honor his connection with his fans.&#8221;

The song &#8220;Behind the Mask&#8221; is a critic and fan favorite from MICHAEL &#8211; the unique collection of songs featuring Michael&#8217;s performances completed posthumously and released in December by the Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Music. MICHAEL was the #1 global album upon its release in December and has shipped over 3 million units worldwide making it one of the biggest albums of 2010. The album&#8217;s success continues to underscore Michael&#8217;s importance as a global icon and superstar, transcending cultures and languages.

Dennis Liu is an award-winning digital filmmaker at @radical.media. Dennis quickly made a name for himself winning awards for clients that include Apple and Microsoft and being honored in the renowned "Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase". @radical.media is a global transmedia company that creates some of the world's most innovative content and the home to @radical.media design+digital. @radical.media's award-winning projects include the Academy Award®-winning documentary &#8220;The Fog of War&#8221;; the Grammy®-winning &#8220;Concert for George&#8221;; the Independent Spirit Award-winning &#8220;Metallica: Some Kind of Monster&#8221;; the award-winning digital experience &#8220;The Wilderness Downtown&#8221; for Google Creative Lab and Arcade Fire; the Grammy-nominated &#8220;The Johnny Cash Project&#8221;; the Emmy® and Golden Globe®-winning pilot episode of the hit series &#8220;Mad Men&#8221;; the Emmy®-winning &#8220;10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America&#8221; for the History Channel; and five seasons of the critically acclaimed Sundance Channel series &#8220;Iconoclasts,&#8221; among others.

www.Facebook/MichaelJackson
Twitter @michaeljackson #MJBehindtheMask
www.MichaelJackson.com

Re: Michael Jackson 'Behind The Mask Project' Press Release & Trailer

Thanks, finally . . . Now it's sad they will spend money on these video's and not to release physical CD singles anymore . . .
For all dutch fans, it will be online around 16:00 hr GTM+1 time

I hadn't heard anything about this until today when Michael's FB page posted about it. I really have been away from MJJC way too long (thank you school). Can't wait to see the video! But I agree above ^^. I hope we get more albums. The videos don't have the same magic anymore but the magic will always be in the music.

Looking forward to seeing this in full..

Did any of or members get to be a part of this? :)

Re: When will the BEHIND THE MASK video be released? [ Video Trailer added Page 8]

Guys, any news about the other video? the one we saw screenshots months ago, (people with masks)

This should be interesting.

Re: When will the BEHIND THE MASK video be released? [ Video Trailer added Page 8]

Can't wait now !!!!

Im very exicited to see the final BTM Love offering from The Fans and very greatful to the Estate of Michael
for giving us this project. This is for Michael from from his fans, his army of love from all over the Planet.
Here we will be One United in love for Michael and each other

nice project, but i still dont think this will work as a single, it sounds for some to old so then only fans will love it, and not a wider public.. i believe monster because of the rap and the stronger sound and another day would be btter..
but love to see the video of this

Wooo hoooo!!! About time too! Can't wait to see if my daughter made the cut... just hope the video doesn't move too fast coz it'll take forever to go through frame by frame lol x

So exited!!! :bounce:

great..

Back