Michael Jackson Appoints New Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is very odd that no news searches bring up anything regarding any new management :yes:

It is odd that this presser isn't on any of the wires. Even though it's the weekend it would still go out via the business/entertainment wire.

Interesting.....

and is Rowe part of champion ?? Champion does not list Michael as a client on their site.

it is very odd that no news searches bring up anything regarding any new management :yes:

It is odd that this presser isn't on any of the wires. Even though it's the weekend it would still go out via the business/entertainment wire.

Interesting.....

The more I think about it, the less likely it seems......................

Time will tell ! :timer:

so we've been riding Michael's nuts for 13 pages with no confirmation that the intial press release is legit (official)... ???

ummm K....

if its legit we should know before Tues...

Last edited:
Maybe MJ fired him one day after the announcement! :lol: :lol:

Well it would be good to know he is on top of things.

As to this whole thing possibly being a false 'alarm', I feel cheated. I want back my non-grey hairs. :girl_mad:

Actually I have been trying to ignore this whole thing. I just don't know enough about it to know if I should be worried and even if I did there would be not much I could do.

I can't get away from it. This just showed up in my e-mail from itunes/ mjtunes. Is it the same as the other article that has been circulationg? :

http://www.mjtunes.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=99

Official Statements : Michael Jackson Appoints New Management
Posted by DjTunes on 2009/3/29 15:30:00 News by the same author
Leonard Rowe, legendary promoter, to steer singer’s latest comeback

Beverly Hills, CA (March 27, 2009) – Michael Jackson, universally acclaimed as the King of Pop, today named Leonard Rowe, the legendary concert promoter from Atlanta, as his new Manager. Rowe succeeds Dr. Tohme Tohme.

“I am very pleased that Leonard has accepted my offer to manage my business affairs during this important period in my career,” stated Jackson. He added, “Leonard Rowe has been a long-time friend and business associate whose judgment I have come to trust.”

Rowe has worked closely with Michael and the Jackson Family since promoting the family’s “Off the Wall Tour” in March 1979. “For the past 30 years, I have had a great feeling of admiration for Michael and his family,” said Rowe. “We worked hard together and made history on the ‘Off the Wall Tour.’ I am grateful to Michael for this opportunity and look forward to once again working with my friend to ensure a successful and historic comeback,” stated an enthusiastic Rowe.

Rowe has been a staunch advocate for African-American rights in the concert promotion industry for the past 35 years. His landmark antitrust and civil rights litigation against nearly every concert promoter and agency in the music industry won the promoter a no-nonsense reputation for challenging the status quo. Renowned Civil Rights leader Dr. Joseph Lowery recently said, “Rowe has fought
hard to preserve the rights of both African-American promoters and artists in the music industry against rampant industry discriminatory practices.”

Rowe has dedicated his career to successfully promoting and touring hundreds of acts, including the Jacksons, Prince, R. Kelly and the late Marvin Gaye.

Who/what is DjTunes?

Last edited:
Nut-riding seems to be quite the hobby in this thread? :doh:

Seriously, this is quite strange. :ph34r: That type of news WOULD appear on the wires, and I haven't been able to find another mention of it anywhere. So maybe it's a game of musical chairs? Rowe and Tohme in a room, one chair, and when the music stops they try to SIT?

I can't get away from it. This just showed up in my e-mail from itunes/ mjtunes. Is it the same as the other article that has been circulationg? :

http://www.mjtunes.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=99

Official Statements : Michael Jackson Appoints New Management
Posted by DjTunes on 2009/3/29 15:30:00 News by the same author
Leonard Rowe, legendary promoter, to steer singer’s latest comeback

Beverly Hills, CA (March 27, 2009) – Michael Jackson, universally acclaimed as the King of Pop, today named Leonard Rowe, the legendary concert promoter from Atlanta, as his new Manager. Rowe succeeds Dr. Tohme Tohme.

“I am very pleased that Leonard has accepted my offer to manage my business affairs during this important period in my career,” stated Jackson. He added, “Leonard Rowe has been a long-time friend and business associate whose judgment I have come to trust.”

Rowe has worked closely with Michael and the Jackson Family since promoting the family’s “Off the Wall Tour” in March 1979. “For the past 30 years, I have had a great feeling of admiration for Michael and his family,” said Rowe. “We worked hard together and made history on the ‘Off the Wall Tour.’ I am grateful to Michael for this opportunity and look forward to once again working with my friend to ensure a successful and historic comeback,” stated an enthusiastic Rowe.

Rowe has been a staunch advocate for African-American rights in the concert promotion industry for the past 35 years. His landmark antitrust and civil rights litigation against nearly every concert promoter and agency in the music industry won the promoter a no-nonsense reputation for challenging the status quo. Renowned Civil Rights leader Dr. Joseph Lowery recently said, “Rowe has fought
hard to preserve the rights of both African-American promoters and artists in the music industry against rampant industry discriminatory practices.”

Rowe has dedicated his career to successfully promoting and touring hundreds of acts, including the Jacksons, Prince, R. Kelly and the late Marvin Gaye.

Who/what is DjTunes?

seems like a fansite that just copied and pasted the same info from the Champion website

excellent news this guy has worked with mj before and is close to the family mj needs someone like this to help him push out new and exciting music before embracing this tour

Yeah, same here.
What I could find were just comments on topix.com and some other forum/blogs. No other source for this news whatsoever.

Really strange...hmmm..................

I see NO mention of this, yet, on the Champion home-page. Anyone else? Until it hits the wires, I'm not not sure at all if this is genuine.

It's there alright. You have to dig to find it

http://www.championmgt.com/rowe032709.pdf

There it is. Unfortunately.

Edit...Sorry, just reread the thread. Looking for newswires reports

Only one so far to report this is Champion. So, it's possible this is unconfirmed until it is CONFIRMED.

Last edited:
so we've been riding Michael's nuts for 13 pages with no confirmation that the intial press release is legit (official)... ???

ummm K....

if its legit we should know before Tues...

:yes:

I could be wrong, but, I don't think that there was this big fanfare concerning Tohme's entrance into the picture, either. He was just there one day. So I really don't think it will prove anything one way or the other.

Either way . . . Michael's preparing for a concert . . . excuse me, 50 concerts.

I wouldn't be jumping for joy too fast. This is the same Rowe who called Roger Friedman to announce that he wanted to get Michael's "mess of a tour" in order and that he's completely in charge. Why would he need to call Roger Friedman for that? R. Kelly also sued him and won over 3 million dollars for stealing money from his tour.

I'm not impressed at all.

.........Lawd,H*ll naw!:no:
Does Michael know about this,I mean this information is important enough for me to warn him about,just prevention:yes:

Beint the Nut-rider that I am, I am going to assume that this release is bogus until Michael and his peeps release something more concrete. :)

I think ya'll need to relax. Michael's not dumb and he's not going to let anyone mess things up for him. Nobody here knows anything, as usual, it's Michael's business, so just let it ride.

lawdy lawd lawd... I do declare, i did not realize i was among soo many other riderz of the nutz :innocent:
welcome, welcome all :lol:

whatever it is, it is ( :lol: stole that line from another staff member :lol: )

True or not, we have no power or say to do ish about it, either way. So, i'ma go enjoy my ride ;)

nicole weren't u just on about tohme andthis and that? and now here's a dude who SOUNDS great but isn't and everyone's all giddy and now they feel a bit um...hmmmmm cuz they were celebrating before getting all the facts now we're all supposed to just let it ride. i like that.

I was worried until I realized that there ain't shit we can do about it, so just let it go. Whatever happens, happens. Bitching about it on a fan forum isn't going to accomplish jack all, other then working the community up in to a frenzy over something that hasn't presented itself as a problem yet. People should be happy for once, not pulling their hair out over something they have no control over and over something which has yet to develop in to anything bad. We're basing everything on nothing more then speculation and circumstances.

lawdy lawd lawd... I do declare, i did not realize i was among soo many other riderz of the nutz :innocent:
welcome, welcome all :lol:

whatever it is, it is ( :lol: stole that line from another staff member :lol: )

True or not, we have no power or say to do ish about it, either way. So, i'ma go enjoy my ride ;)
:lol: :lol:

nicole weren't u just on about tohme andthis and that? and now here's a dude who SOUNDS great but isn't and everyone's all giddy and now they feel a bit um...hmmmmm cuz they were celebrating before getting all the facts now we're all supposed to just let it ride. i like that.

Busted, lol.

Either you're lazy or you can't read, lol. Orrrrrrrrr, better yet, 'GASP', it's just like being back in High School. Clique, clique! Tra, la, la, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back