"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

It’s the that’s why many of us got on board that got me.
The director said he was innocent and people who got early screenings said it does a incredible job of humanizing Michael, they don't need to have to drill it into your head since it will be obvious to everyone who watches it that he's innocent.

It all pretty much comes down to…Can the kid act and pull this off? It can’t be corny either. The music is powerful if used properly.

We have a great director.

Next year could be Mikes biggest year in a long time. New Single and a trailer for the Biopic for the Superbowl. followed by the movie in April and then a new album for the summer!

Estate: I just told you how to do it! Don’t f-it up!

It all pretty much comes down to…Can the kid act and pull this off? It can’t be corny either. The music is powerful if used properly.

We have a great director.

Next year could be Mikes biggest year in a long time. New Single and a trailer for the Biopic for the Superbowl. followed by the movie in April and then a new album for the summer!

Estate: I just told you how to do it! Don’t f-it up!
You said rerelease Immortal album? Okay!

In order to humanize him, we must accept who he truly was and it's great to see that the film will tackle this.

How true is the below statement? I seen it under one of the articles about Colman.

He was an addict, in debt, never truly confronted his deep mental struggles/insecurities, didn't make the best choices, struggled to say no, pushed people away, was avoidant, too trusting of others, etc. I love MJ, but yes he was flawed & imperfect, fans should acknowledge it.

How true is the below statement? I seen it under one of the articles about Colman.

He was an addict, in debt, never truly confronted his deep mental struggles/insecurities, didn't make the best choices, struggled to say no, pushed people away, was avoidant, too trusting of others, etc. I love MJ, but yes he was flawed & imperfect, fans should acknowledge it.

It misses the nuances between addiction and dependency. He confronted many struggles too, but most of the world lived in his past and constantly hounded him about them. He was conscious of his flaws. Some come down to the natural need to protect his and his kids privacy and safety in often extreme circumstances. Sure he pushed people out at times. There were others around who did that to control him also.

Imperfection is a truth at the heart of beauty.

He had a unique ability to see the child in everyone he met. He trusted the wrong people too often, yet trying to work out ways for everyone to build common trust was quite central to his message to the world.

Last edited:
In a bad way or a good way?

That quote I posted, I just found the interview it comes from. For me it was helpful seeing the exact question he was responding to. I'm expecting to see this question a lot when the cast start to do promotional interviews next year.

This is the full Michael bit:

"[...] He also portrays Joe Jackson in a forthcoming biopic of Michael Jackson that’s financed, in part, by the Jackson estate.

As reported by Puck, the film is supposedly planning to address the sexual abuse allegations against Jackson head-on while also attempting to rehabilitate his image. Did he have any qualms signing onto a project that might be perceived as trying to prove Jackson’s innocence?

“I actually don’t think it’s trying to prove his innocence,” Domingo says. “I think it’s actually just trying to give a great examination of an artist, what made the artist who he is, what makes him complicated, for you to leave with your own answers. There’s a myriad of answers and possibilities, but here’s a human being, and you can’t discount a person’s humanity. I think that’s exactly what it’s aiming to do. And I think that’s why most of us got on board.”

In a bad way or a good way?

That quote I posted, I just found the interview it comes from. For me it was helpful seeing the exact question he was responding to. I'm expecting to see this question a lot when the cast start to do promotional interviews next year.

This is the full Michael bit:

"[...] He also portrays Joe Jackson in a forthcoming biopic of Michael Jackson that’s financed, in part, by the Jackson estate.

As reported by Puck, the film is supposedly planning to address the sexual abuse allegations against Jackson head-on while also attempting to rehabilitate his image. Did he have any qualms signing onto a project that might be perceived as trying to prove Jackson’s innocence?

“I actually don’t think it’s trying to prove his innocence,” Domingo says. “I think it’s actually just trying to give a great examination of an artist, what made the artist who he is, what makes him complicated, for you to leave with your own answers. There’s a myriad of answers and possibilities, but here’s a human being, and you can’t discount a person’s humanity. I think that’s exactly what it’s aiming to do. And I think that’s why most of us got on board.”

At first I meant it in a bad way, but the more I read it, the more I liked it. I think it’s the best way to go about this film honestly.

In order to humanize him, we must accept who he truly was and it's great to see that the film will tackle this.

Michael did nothing wrong, the media's constant lynching of him is what lead to his eventual murder.

Jenny Winings

@JennyW526
·
Jun 11

Seeing Jaafar as his uncle was truly emotional. He embodies Michael from his hand movements to MJ’s body language, & most importantly - HIS VOICE. When I tell you, his speaking voice sounds so much like his uncle, more spot on than anyone I have EVER heard, I’m not exaggerating.

n 11

(4/) The only way to end this thread is 4/18/2025. Be ready for something spectacular.

Jenny Winings

@JennyW526
·
Jun 11

Replying to
@JennyW526
(3/) I just ask everyone to stop speculating and speaking negatively on the “what ifs” and “will so-and-so be in it” and focus on ALLLL the positive that will be coming out in the next 10 months. As someone who saw it with my own eyes, trust me.

Jenny Winings

@JennyW526
·
Jun 11

Replying to
@JennyW526
(2/) This movie will blow everyone away. It will humanize Michael like nothing we’ve seen before. Graham has said he did 7 years of research for this film and after speaking with him and listening to him, I 100% trust him with this project.

Andy Signore

@andysignore
·
Jun 11

Replying to
@andysignore
Watch my set visit with
@JennyW526

An experience we’ll never forget!

youtube.com
EXCLUSIVE! Michael Jackson Movie SET VISIT with Jafaar & Prince...
EXCLUSIVE! We Visited The Set Of The Michael Jackson Movie with Jafaar & Prince Jackson!#michae

I don't understand why some people need to list his flaws. Yes, he had flaws, like everybody, but how would we feel if someone did that to us, listing our flaws because "it's important to acknowledge them"? If someone asked you to describe a friend you love, would you list their flaws? I mean we can list Michael's flaws, but if we made the list of all the good things about him, it would dwarf the list of his flaws and make it seem very insignificant.

I don't think Michael was that innocent and green. Sure he was a kid at heart and a very kind and generous person but he wasn't as innocent as he made out to be, especially in the 80s, 90s and 00s. So I also wonder if this movie will tackle the real man behind the mask as well.
Let me be damned if I have ever heard anything said in this tone from anyone other but a Michael-basher.
He may have had flaws, but it's a long way from saying that and what you worded.

Let me be damned if I have ever heard anything said in this tone from anyone other but a Michael-basher.
He may have had flaws, but it's a long way from saying that and what you worded.
I don't mean anything like that. I mean he wasn't all Heal the World all the time omg. Relax.

I don't mean anything like that. I mean he wasn't all Heal the World all the time omg. Relax.
I'm sorry, but your wording was absolutely wrong and unwise. Using those words about Michael, even if in a good faith, is a poor judgement. Your opinion could have been made in a different way. If such a statement comes from a fan (I take it you are a fan...?), I cannot imagine what the proclaimed bashers will do.

I don't understand why some people need to list his flaws. Yes, he had flaws, like everybody, but how would we feel if someone did that to us, listing our flaws because "it's important to acknowledge them"? If someone asked you to describe a friend you love, would you list their flaws? I mean we can list Michael's flaws, but if we made the list of all the good things about him, it would dwarf the list of his flaws and make it seem very insignificant.
I do agree with you but I do think it's important to highlight certain aspects of his life where he wasn't Michael Jackson the Superstar. This is where I hope the movie will really shine.

Reactions: ssj
I'm sorry, but your wording was absolutely wrong and unwise. Using those words about Michael, even if in a good faith, is a poor judgement. Your opinion could have been made in a different way. If such a statement comes from a fan (I take it you are a fan...?), I cannot imagine what the proclaimed bashers will do.
It's not that serious omg.

I do agree with you but I do think it's important to highlight certain aspects of his life where he wasn't Michael Jackson the Superstar. This is where I hope the movie will really shine.
Oh I agree with that! I want the movie to show him as a person first and foremost, and to show him as he truly was. But the "flaws" that people often list hardly define who he was as a person. I mean, yes he was in debt. But he also gave over 500 million dollars to charity. If he had kept all his money for himself, he would never have been in debt and that's a fact. But why is it listed as a flaw? Showing that even when he was in debt he was driving through the streets giving thousands of dollars to homeless people when he should have been using it to pay off his debt will say more about who he was as a person than just saying he was in debt.

Yes, he was addicted to pain killers at one point, but what does that say about him as a person? It says he was hard-working, kept pushing through the pain just because he didn't want to disappoint his fans by cancelling the tour (a tour he made no money from, because he wanted all the money to go to his Heal the World foundation), putting his own health at risk to make people happy. Is it a flaw? I guess that's a matter of perspective...

He wore his heart on his sleeve so yes he quite literally was, people are just so mentally tainted that they can't comprehend someone being as innocent and pure of heart as Michael Jackson
I know he was like that. But come on, he would go to Studio 54. What do you think he saw there? I mean that kind of stuff. He would give paps the middle finger, swear, but when he was serious he would not even want to say the f word. I mean that kind of stuff. It doesn't invalidate that he had the heart of a child. They got Studio 54 scenes in the movie so... lmao.

Last edited:
I know he was like that. But come on, he would go to Studio 54. What do you think he saw there? I mean that kind of stuff. He would give paps the middle finger, swear, but when he was serious he would not even want to say the f word. I mean that kind of stuff. It doesn't invalidate that he had the heart of a child. They got Studio 54 scenes in the movie so... lmao.
He went to studio 54 and danced in the corner lol.

I take it as theyre not trying to force your conclusion for you. The movie isn't (nor should it be) a rebuttal to Leaving Neverland. The question "did Michael Jackson ever do anything to kids" is not actually something anyone can answer with any certainty as none of us were in the room. All the movie can do is show who Michael was, and what information is known about those situations that isn't shared elsewhere. if you step over the line and force that Michael was innocent you do the movie a disservice and you actually discredit any evidence proving that he was, as it all looks contrived. All they can do is answer some questions as to why he handled things they way he did, and dispel some of the assumptions made about why he "paid off those kids" as is so commonly sprouted. The movie should show why Michael did the things he did, and what the accusers did, and let you make your own conclusion, and for most rational and reasonable people that conclusion would be that there is not a lot to the allegations and you certainly wouldn't tar someone's named forever based on what we have here.

So the movies finished filming and released in April 2025, wow. Exciting stuff

I take it as theyre not trying to force your conclusion for you. The movie isn't (nor should it be) a rebuttal to Leaving Neverland. The question "did Michael Jackson ever do anything to kids" is not actually something anyone can answer with any certainty as none of us were in the room. All the movie can do is show who Michael was, and what information is known about those situations that isn't shared elsewhere. if you step over the line and force that Michael was innocent you do the movie a disservice and you actually discredit any evidence proving that he was, as it all looks contrived. All they can do is answer some questions as to why he handled things they way he did, and dispel some of the assumptions made about why he "paid off those kids" as is so commonly sprouted. The movie should show why Michael did the things he did, and what the accusers did, and let you make your own conclusion, and for most rational and reasonable people that conclusion would be that there is not a lot to the allegations and you certainly wouldn't tar someone's named forever based on what we have here.
What they also can (and in my opinion should) do is:
I. show some of the incredible inconsistencies (Robson's testimony)
II. include some of the inconsistent testimonies from the trial (they could very well make a caricature out of Gavin's mother)
III. show Sneddon's vendetta (portray him as the dark and creepy fanatic that he was)

What they also can (and in my opinion should) do is:
I. show some of the incredible inconsistencies (Robson's testimony)
II. include some of the inconsistent testimonies from the trial (they could very well make a caricature out of Gavin's mother)
III. show Sneddon's vendetta (portray him as the dark and creepy fanatic that he was)
I've said it before but some sort of disclaimer that anything legal is directly as per transcript would go a long way too.

Back