"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

[...] and you all choose to believe Michael Prince ? [...]
Michael Prince worked on HWT, Invincible, TII, the HBO thing plus he worked up at Neverland. I'm sure you know all of this. I don't know what MP has or hasn't said about the biopic, I'm not following those convos, but all the interviews with him I've seen or listened to over the years he's always come across as very respectful of Michael and not ego-driven, imo.

You need to start grasping that people talking or speculating about something doesn't mean they believe it. [...]
(y)

I promise he knows more than you too.
Agreed. Michael Prince is an industry insider. Whether these alleged comments from him are accurate or not, we'll have to see. But he'll know more than we do, that's for sure.

Last edited:

I'd image the ending will be something like this followed by segments of MITM live performance 😢

It's fan man but still gets you in the feels, gonna be a very emotional moment for sure but also proud to be an MJ fan when leaving the cinema.
I managed about 3 seconds and had to back off! I saw TII in the cinema 25x but seeing the end bit used here did my head in. I believe there's a Donny Osmond tv special I could check out, lol. :D

I'd image the ending will be something like this followed by segments of MITM live performance 😢

It's fan man but still gets you in the feels, gonna be a very emotional moment for sure but also proud to be an MJ fan when leaving the cinema.
Damn this gave me shivers down the spine... watching real live footage of June 25th and remembering that fatal frenzy...
I think authentic footage would be really powerful to bring the movie to the end.

I managed about 3 seconds and had to back off! I saw TII in the cinema 25x but seeing the end bit used here did my head in. I believe there's a Donny Osmond tv special I could check out, lol. :D
I cant remember how many times i saw this is it but i saw it a few times in the cinema....cant bear to watch it now too painful

Lionsgate exec mentioned the biopic

“The buzz that we’re getting every time a photo gets released is kind of crazy. And I think that’ll be the biggest movie we’ve ever had,” Packer forecast.

This "random music director who is ego tripping" is literally someone who's working on the biopic and has been largely involved in many posthumous projects, so no. It's not unreasonable nor is it insanity to believe what he says.

Like Jay_Tee said, he's gonna know more than you, or anyone else in the fan community.
So you think he knows more than the director?

Aw wow, seeing them side by side, it really confirms that we've replaced Michael Jackson with an impersonator and we all love that for ourselves. I'm so happy with the power of science we've been able to do that.
I can't wait to hear new music and see what an MJ concert looks like with modern technology! 😂

That's really something. Lionsgate did the Twilight Saga and the Hunger Games series. Box office of $800 million I think is their individual record within both series. So they're expecting to top that with $1 billion probably.

MJ is a global icon so I'd expect that box office to be heavy loaded by any other region but the US. And what I mean is that, independently of how well it goes in the US, a global smash hit is almost guaranteed.

Last edited:
That's really something. Lionsgate did the Twilight Saga and the Hunger Games series. Box office of $800 million I think is their individual record within both series. So they're expecting to top that with $1 billion probably.

MJ is a global icon so I'd expect that box office to be heavy loaded by any other region but the US. And what I mean is that, independently of how well it goes in the US, a global smash hit is almost guaranteed.
I doubt it will do big numbers in China which is the 2nd biggest market. It is hard to gauge how well known Michael is or was in China

Aw wow, seeing them side by side, it really confirms that we've replaced Michael Jackson with an impersonator and we all love that for ourselves. I'm so happy with the power of science we've been able to do that.
Whatcha gonna do.........brother

How much is a 15secs time slot at NY Times square?

I think delving into the origins of Billie Jean, the song, would be a great thing to do. People forget that that song inspired MJ, inspired his career, his artistic vision. And is a clear cut warning for him to never get embroiled in the rumor and accusations mill MJ himself still ended up in

It’s funny how people from the Western influenced world think the entire world revolves around them. I’d wager that Michael is not a household name in many Asian countries. Go ask a random farmer in China or freaking Kazakhstan about Michael, you’d be surprised. Or maybe I would be, I don’t think I’ll ever know.

It’s funny how people from the Western influenced world think the entire world revolves around them. I’d wager that Michael is not a household name in many Asian countries. Go ask a random farmer in China or freaking Kazakhstan about Michael, you’d be surprised. Or maybe I would be, I don’t think I’ll ever know.
I can assure you they're all crazy about Michael. He's a global icon. He's not local at all.

Bro it's like you want him to be irrelevant and over hyped. Just relax and watch the phenomenon.

Considering he was arguably the most famous man on the planet for decades I'd be more concerned if people never knew who he was. He was just THAT famous.

Even if they don’t know the songs or image, they've heard the name.

Anywhere where western culture has had any influence whatsoever there is a Michael Jackson fan base. The only place where that isn't the case would be North Korea and even then there'd be fans who'd smuggled in western radios or VHS tapes from overseas who'd be aware of him. China may be a question mark as far as 'how popular' he is but the movie internationally is going to be a huge hit off his name alone. Pays to remmeber that for the second half of his career he made all his sales in the UK and Europe and America had basically abandoned him since late in the Dangerous campaign save for Scream and YRNA.

I doubt it will do big numbers in China which is the 2nd biggest market. It is hard to gauge how well known Michael is or was in China
China is Michael's largest and most proactive fanbase outside of India. They've spend thousands of dollars erecting statues of him all over the country, he has around 10-12 there now. More than any foreigner besides one, China's richest man payed tribute to him. All of the K-Pop artists were influenced by him, they even bought ads on Time Square to promote him. It's the US MJ fans that are slacking in their support of him. And that's mostly because the media is run by assholes.

Michael is hands down the most famous person to ever exist aside from literally one man.

Back