"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I hope the biopic doesn't dwell on Joe too long and instead focuses on the abuse Michael endured from the media and the corrupt police and DAs who persecuted him. Time for them to be exposed too.

We still don't know the full details of what exactly the film will cover, only that it will span most of his life from the Jackson Five days until his death. But that's a period of almost 45 years, with tons of ups and downs...so I'm sure the trailer will answer some questions (and likely raise a lot more).

I don't understand this message. They? When? Where?
What does "them" not using Michael's face have to do with "them" not using Jafaar's face?
The Estate never uses MJ face for any projects it always a silhouette or toes. I doubt they would put Jafaars face on anything. They will most likely use a silhouette is my guess so they can put it on merchandise. I wouldn’t buy anything with Jafaars face on it would you? I’m a Michael Jackson fan not Jafaar Jackson.

The Estate never uses MJ face for any projects it always a silhouette or toes. I doubt they would put Jafaars face on anything. They will most likely use a silhouette is my guess so they can put it on merchandise. I wouldn’t buy anything with Jafaars face on it would you? I’m a Michael Jackson fan not Jafaar Jackson.
I definitely wouldn't no. A silhuette sounds reasonable, I guess, maybe from SC. His feet too.

That's something I never thought about...hmm that's very interesting actually

That's something I never thought about...hmm that's very interesting actually
It’s also not true, Michael, Xscape, Bad25 live dvd, the scream compilation album, cirque de soleil album and merchandise, all of them had his face. The only thing i can think of that doesn’t is the vision album and the pepsi cans

Last edited:
I doubt they would use Jafaars face they haven’t used MJ’s since he passed.
I think that would be somewhat disrespectful to Jafaar, since he's obviously working like crazy to honor both his uncle and the rest of his family. Obviously, the events in MJ's real life will be the main focus, but you don't see other actors' faces ignored on their posters and such. Without the haircut and mustache, Rami Malek only bears a partial resemblance to Freddie Mercury, but all the material for Bohemian Rhapsody featured his face anyway. And since Michael is partly being made by the same people, I would expect a similar choice when it comes to promotion.

It’s also not true, Michael, Xscape, Bad25 live dvd, the scream compilation album, cirque de soleil album and merchandise, all of them had his face. The only thing i can think of that doesn’t is the visionary album and the pepsi cans
do you mean the Visionary box set? That has his face on it as well
Michael_Jackson_00137.jpg

do you mean the Visionary box set? That has his face on it as well
Michael_Jackson_00137.jpg
You are right on this one. Although it’s kinda chopped up. I just feel they has pretty much avoided using his straight up picture. They did something with his face in the MJ dance game gave him no nose or something

There will probably be an anouncement way ahead of releasing the trailer... to make it a big thing. It wouldn´t just drop, would it?
Probably. I was just intrigued by the Ballerina trailer coming out so early and looking so good.

Further thoughts - actually, I could imagine them just dropping the trailer without an announcement, just to blow everyone's mind, lol.

They should capitalize on the annual thriller focus with a teaser trailer with some shots from their recreation of the thriller video. Then first full trailer either us thanksgiving or Xmas with final trailer during super bowl (yes one can dream!).

Possibly trailer could play before wicked as it's a more musically inclined feature

They should capitalize on the annual thriller focus with a teaser trailer with some shots from their recreation of the thriller video. Then first full trailer either us thanksgiving or Xmas with final trailer during super bowl (yes one can dream!).

Possibly trailer could play before wicked as it's a more musically inclined feature
This sounds like a great idea and what a way to advertise the movie!!

Only because of this: "Filming officially began on November 7, 2022. Ballerina was in post-production in February 2023."
Si in fact it was 95% ready a year ago.
Ah, fair enough, that does change things. Didn't know that.

I'd also been thinking about the Bob Dylan biopic which filmed this year and for which the trailer has already been out for ages but, tbf, that's just a straight drama, afaik. Lots of talking heads, there won't be any really big crowd scenes, expensive videos or huge live stadium concerts to recreate so it probably was a simpler, quicker film shoot.

Last edited:
Back