Katy Perry Closing In on Michael Jackson Chart Record *Update- Perry Matches MJ's Record*

Re: Katy Perry Closing In on Michael Jackson Chart Record

Still no result? How about Katy's fifth single? No.1 or not?

I like katy Perry, but I still don't want her fifth single to be No.1!!! I want Michael's BAD to be the one and only!

Still no result? How about Katy's fifth single? No.1 or not?

I like katy Perry, but I still don't want her fifth single to be No.1!!! I want Michael's BAD to be the one and only!

She didn't make it this week.

1 1 20 LMFAO Party Rock Anthem feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
2 2 11 Katy Perry Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
3 3 15 Nicki Minaj Super Bass
4 4 19 Pitbull Give Me Everything feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
5 7 8 Bad Meets Evil Lighters feat. Bruno Mars
6 5 11 Lil Wayne How To Love
7 9 9 Britney Spears I Wanna Go
8 25 7 Maroon 5 Moves Like Jagger feat. Christina Aguilera
9 6 31 Adele Rolling In The Deep
10 8 17 Hot Chelle Rae Tonight Tonight

They are saying she would make it next week because of the remix or with the VMA performance. We'll see..........

NO.2 ?
Damn! The girl is bad, the girl is dangerous

She'll probably get there next week, seeing as there are no other major contenders and if LMFAO fails to hold the top spot.

She'll probably get there next week, seeing as there are no other major contenders and if LMFAO fails to hold the top spot.

We will see. The so-called remix dropped to # 45 and the original song is still trailing LMFAO by 2 spots

Many artists have tried to topple the mark since, but few have even come close. Janet Jackson’s 1989 album “Rhythm Nation 1814” spawned 4 No. 1 singles, with another three hitting the Top 10. Two of those peaked at No. 2.
Other artists had four No. 1’s from one album, including George Michael, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga.

If I were a betting man, I would argue it won’t, considering some other major singles in contention for the top spot. However, Perry’s record label is pulling out all the stops, re-releasing “Last Friday Night” as a re-mix featuring Missy Elliott. Under chart rules, both versions of the song will count if it goes to No. 1 — meaning the sales will be added together.

Jackson never needed that kind of help, but then again, he probably didn’t know “Bad” was going to do what it did. Whether or not Perry does tie Jackson, she already has made history of her own. She holds the record for most consecutive uninterrupted weeks in the top 10 with 64, and counting.
http://www.eveningtribune.com/enter...de-Katy-Perry-close-to-rare-chart-achievement

It's trailing by 1 actually.

Not on US iTunes. LMFAO is # 4 both Perry songs are # 6 & 48 (it dropped 3 spots since this morning).

screenshot20110813at223.png

I just gifted the song LMFAO to five of my friends. :laugh:

I kind of like that moves like jagger song lol.

Anyone else find the irony in the group LMFAO's name? o_O Keeping her out the of the top spot? Tee heet

Hope it stays that way! lol

LMFAO's single has gone UP one place and is now #3, while Katy's remix has fallen to #50.

^ Thank you, I see it now. LMFAO is at number 3, Katy Perry's original song TGIF is at number 6, and the TGIF remix is at number 51.

LOL! Katy's label have now discounted the original single as well. They are trying TOO hard.

Big deal! Let her go to #1 again. I think its a much better song that LMFAO.

Y'know there is such a thing as overkill, and Katy Perry and her people are doing it right now.

Y'know there is such a thing as overkill, and Katy Perry and her people are doing it right now.

It will be very embarrassing for Katy if she does not go to #1 after doing all this. :lol:

LMFAO is now at number 5 and Katy Perry's TGIF climbed up to number 4.

And when we will know who's # 1 this week in Hot 100?

Thanks!

I am glad Billboard mentioned both of the songs were heavily discounted in their report

Good for her. But who cares

Back