Katherine Jackson speaks out about Conrad Murray

Here we go again. ANYTHING about any of the Jackson family will get the same ciriticism from the same people.

And? By now you can't seriously be that surprised by the criticism.

KJ has made too many horribly poor decisions since June 09 that the "she's Michael's mother" card has become almost inappropriate and to some degree offensive. People are here to celebrate the life and legacy of MJ and NOT his mother-- one should NOT lose sight of that basic fact. So, anything they see in her, or anyone else for that matter, that is not consistent with the wishes and values of MJ will be subject to criticism. that's the way it is and since when is criticism synonymous to disrespect?

I applaud you for this post. Exactly what I was about to write to shba1 in reply to her post....but you phased it the perfect & polite way.

KJ has made too many horribly poor decisions since June 09 that the "she's Michael's mother" card has become almost inappropriate and to some degree offensive. People are here to celebrate the life and legacy of MJ and NOT his mother-- one should NOT lose sight of that basic fact. So, anything they see in her, or anyone else for that matter, that is not consistent with the wishes and values of MJ will be subject to criticism. that's the way it is and since when is criticism synonymous to disrespect?

Thank you. There have always been some who seem to be more fans of "the family" and its various members, than of Michael, himself? I think that by now it's more than obvious that Katherine has done some very self-serving things that are disrespectful of Michael's memory. As time passed, my opinion of her has changed -- because of her ACTIONS. Of course she is grieving for her son, as any mother would, but it's a little more complicated than that. Michael was not her only child, and the others. . many of them. . . have their hands out for Michael's money, as it's filtered through Katherine. What she chooses to do with her more-than-generous allowance is her business. Where it gets sketchy is her unholy alliance with Howard Mann, and using the children to promote a very questionable charity -- a charity that used sincere donations not to help people, but buy yet MORE domain names. And all the rest of it.

Katherine deserves respect for her role as Michael's mother, but she is hardly above criticism for the choices she's made since his death. I, for one, am VERY concerned about Michael's children and the "family-sharks" who seem to be circling them. That contract Katherine signed, while not legally binding, did, indeed, specify what amounts to a life of servitude for Michael's children. There is no known universe where that is ok, and there it's just not possible to explain away Katherine's intentions on that one!

good post Autumn I totally agree.

In my case I no longer have respect for her at all. Her greed is very evident and her obvious lack of concern for her son showed. She claims to have believed her son had addictions to meds and to plastic surgery but she as a mother sat by and did absolutely nothing to help him. Mike was giving her over 60,000 per month. He was having cash flow problems himself for years with all of the lawsuits etc yet she accepted the cash and didn't help him or didn't summon her other kids to help her financially. She knew MJ had was emotionally scarred because of his lack of a childhood and his terrible relationship with Joe, did she step in as a mother to get him some help emotionally or psychologically? It doesn't seem like she did much at all to me

In my case I no longer have respect for her at all. Her greed is very evident and her obvious lack of concern for her son showed. She claims to have believed her son had addictions to meds and to plastic surgery but she as a mother sat by and did absolutely nothing to help him. Mike was giving her over 60,000 per month. He was having cash flow problems himself for years with all of the lawsuits etc yet she accepted the cash and didn't help him or didn't summon her other kids to help her financially. She knew MJ had was emotionally scarred because of his lack of a childhood and his terrible relationship with Joe, did she step in as a mother to get him some help emotionally or psychologically? It doesn't seem like she did much at all to me

Sadly i have to agree with u on that

I'm glad the children were not put on camera yet again for this interview. Which by the way was the better of interviews so far because it focus on the trial as it should be!

I'm glad the children were not put on camera yet again for this interview. Which by the way was the better of interviews so far because it focus on the trial as it should be!
And don't forget it focused on selling of the flowers--the key event of the interview. I have to agree that the absence of the children is a good thing; maybe someone is reading the fans' comments.

re: the bolded part What kind of a mother... A controlling parent, one who won't let the apron strings be cut, a parent who facilitates the neediness and dependency of her/his children... That's what struck me when I read that...

Neediness? In this case it's more like laziness.....

And don't forget it focused on selling of the flowers--the key event of the interview. I have to agree that the absence of the children is a good thing; maybe someone is reading the fans' comments.

True, True! I know that article mentioned flowers...But, I don't remember it getting mentioned in the video?! That's why I didn't say anything cause I was talking about the video. But, in the end what u say is right.

It's like KJ has shown her true colors after her beautiful son passed away. I'm very disappointed in the way she has disrespected Michael and allowed his children to be exploited.

Agree with that, and that alone speaks volumes. Even during his lifetime all she did was downplay the abuse Michael faced by her God sorry I mean husband Joseph

Sorry it's off-top but i can't find thread Mrs. Jackson's recent CNN interview about flowers and motherhood. Can you help me to find that interview?

Neediness? In this case it's more like laziness.....

That works too, probably better, in fact. But I meant neediness in the sense of needing attention and affection by Katherine from her children. With them all around her and her controlling the purse strings, she has the power. Actually more of a co dependency: she has the money they need, they have the love and affection she needs.

He was the sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet...and murray took that chance away from those of us who never had the opportunity to meet him ; ( Yes 4 years is not nearly enough and you might as well go around and slap each and every one of us in the face for that crap but it's the best we got right now!!! He BETTER get ALL 4 years in a miserable prison cell shaking in his boots!!!

That works too, probably better, in fact. But I meant neediness in the sense of needing attention and affection by Katherine from her children. With them all around her and her controlling the purse strings, she has the power. Actually more of a co dependency: she has the money they need, they have the love and affection she needs.

I don't know how anyone can justify this. I honestly don't see any other mother doing something like that. Her children are giving her love and affection only if she supports them financially? They are grown adults and she should've made them go out and get a job and become responsible people and parents. I don't see how what she's been doing is any good for them. She doesn't have the money either, she gets them from one her children whom they were harassing and putting under a lot of pressure for money. The whole situation is just not right no matter how you look at it IMO.

He was the sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet...and murray took that chance away from those of us who never had the opportunity to meet him ; ( Yes 4 years is not nearly enough and you might as well go around and slap each and every one of us in the face for that crap but it's the best we got right now!!! He BETTER get ALL 4 years in a miserable prison cell shaking in his boots!!!
very good post and very true!

Not matter what is being said now, 2 years has passed.... If Katherine is sad that Murray will get 4 years maximum of sentence, why the family including her, were not pressing for Second Degree these years?

Why giving up interviews unrelated, or portraying Mike as drug addict? Why also some of the Jacksons insinuate that the kids are better now than when they were in Mike care? ( LA Toya, Jermaine ... ) And why they try to step on every important wish Mike had related to his kids upraising? OK I understand that mask had to go eventually, but the rest public display of the children, use of them in business purposes and expose them to Oprah ( that believes Mike is child molester ) or other shady characters ( like Mann ). I mean this looks almost like intentional violation of Mike wishes...

I mean why not unite in real sense, and direct the criticism, the outrage on Murray alone. Press for higher charges, in the first place. Do not come 2 years later, after you said all the time he is just fall guy... Even if it is, and he is payed murderer, focus first on him, put him for life, then maybe some other heads will fall too....

This I would never understand, the passivity all of them got in relation to getting justice.... Too late now, to sound disappointed..., and hold your horses, Murray can walk free, or with just few months!!
Some Jacksons, for example Janet, would become defense witnesses.

So yeah... I am not impressed.... is too late now...

Last edited:

This post is spot on IMO.

not matter what is being said now, 2 years has passed.... If katherine is sad that murray will get 4 years maximum of sentence, why the family including her, were not pressing for second degree these years?

Why giving up interviews unrelated, or portraying mike as drug addict? Why also some of the jacksons insinuate that the kids are better now than when they were in mike care? ( la toya, jermaine ... ) and why they try to step on every important wish mike had related to his kids upraising? Ok i understand that mask had to go eventually, but the rest public display of the children, use of them in business purposes and expose them to oprah ( that believes mike is child molester ) or other shady characters ( like mann ). I mean this looks almost like intentional violation of mike wishes...

I mean why not unite in real sense, and direct the criticism, the outrage on murray alone. Press for higher charges, in the first place. Do not come 2 years later, after you said all the time he is just fall guy... Even if it is, and he is payed murderer, focus first on him, put him for life, then maybe some other heads will fall too....

This i would never understand, the passivity all of them got in relation to getting justice.... Too late now, to sound disappointed..., and hold your horses, murray can walk free, or with just few months!!
Some jacksons, for example janet, would become defense witnesses.

So yeah... I am not impressed.... Is too late now...

amen!

Not matter what is being said now, 2 years has passed.... If Katherine is sad that Murray will get 4 years maximum of sentence, why the family including her, were not pressing for Second Degree these years?

Why giving up interviews unrelated, or portraying Mike as drug addict? Why also some of the Jacksons insinuate that the kids are better now than when they were in Mike care? ( LA Toya, Jermaine ... ) And why they try to step on every important wish Mike had related to his kids upraising? OK I understand that mask had to go eventually, but the rest public display of the children, use of them in business purposes and expose them to Oprah ( that believes Mike is child molester ) or other shady characters ( like Mann ). I mean this looks almost like intentional violation of Mike wishes...

I mean why not unite in real sense, and direct the criticism, the outrage on Murray alone. Press for higher charges, in the first place. Do not come 2 years later, after you said all the time he is just fall guy... Even if it is, and he is payed murderer, focus first on him, put him for life, then maybe some other heads will fall too....

This I would never understand, the passivity all of them got in relation to getting justice.... Too late now, to sound disappointed..., and hold your horses, Murray can walk free, or with just few months!!

Agree, Tip.... ):

Well said.

I have the same problems with Mrs. Jackson you stated above and to be honest I'm struggling with a lot of anger toward her. I believe she is hurting over the death of her son but her main concern seems to be how to break his wishes and spend the money he wanted to go to his children.

I agree. Some of her actions have come off as if her main concern is getting around that will. But I think it is also because she has a real distrust of the estate lawyers. It could be possible that Michael did make negative comments about Branca and McClaine, and she genuinely views them as unscrupulous. Distrusting estate lawyers is a common occurence when executors have complete control. It's also true that "some" estate lawyers do rob an estate blind

I think her withdrawing any challenges against the will is because Streisand advised her she should. I also believe Mann and her family are feeding her distrust of the executors. The fact that she said the estate would not allow her to publish her book on MJ shows she's being fed misinformation.

I'm torn because she is old and a mother and we are taught to respect that but she has made it hard for me.

Totally agree. It has been hard. I once had a halo firmly perched atop Mrs. Jackson's head. It was subsequently blown to smithereens, but some of that is on me because I did have her on such a lofty perch. I now try to be more objective because as you say of her age and the realization that no matter how much I loved Michael, she was his mother, and I believe their bond was real.

I shouldn't be surprised because her main concern when he was a child was also the money he generated.

She's also said that one of the best times in her life was when they were all together in that little house in Gary. Again, I believe she deeply loved her son.

Michael was away from her for months on end working to exhaustion and getting brutally beaten whenever his father felt like it. He needed a mother and she wasn't there.

Corporal punishment as a norm or not at the time, I agree it is inexcusable what MJ and his siblings had to endure.

She saw him shortly before he died and never notice anything wrong but his father did. He asked her to go over and check on MJ but her mother radar never kicked in and now he's gone forever. Why didn't she go take care of her son?

She saw him two weeks before he died and said he was fine. Maybe he was then, maybe he wasn't. The stories have gone from one extreme to the other. He's been said to be okay to being so out of it he needed immediate hospitalization. I more focus on the day of his death now. Because that night, people who had nothing to do with the family or AEG, have said he was fantastic and on all cylinders. The reason for his death, and the only reason for his death in my mind, is because of the negligence, arrogance, and ineptness of Conrad Murray. So, I don't think her radar would have made a difference two weeks earlier.

P.S. So sorry for the long post, but I've been spending a lot more time lately with some of my elderly family members, and they drive us absolutely nuts, but that doesn't diminish all the wonderful things they've done and basically are.

Plus I'll never forget Mrs. Jackson limping along side MJ during the worse period of his life, and the comfort that seemed to bring him.

Last edited:

I agree. Thank you.

:agree:

Sad truth. *big sigh*

Tip,

you are so right! I said it from the beginning they should've been calling for justice from the beginning and pressing for murder charges. Instead they threw MJ under the bus and talked and giggled their way through during interviews. I said from the beginning where was the outrage? They were all entirely too passive for their brother who was murdered. Some of them didn't seem to give a damn what they were saying to compromise Murray's punishment. Janet and Rebbie for one throwing MJ under the bus even though Mike was killed by his own doctor. None of them have shown any anger or outrage at what Murray did to Mike. If Murray walks they only have themselves to blame

Stacy, I agree. That deep disgust and outrage was never evident. Sure we saw sadness because someone died, but not the more explosive outrage that you would see/hear from victims' families when crimes like these occur, and this has nothing to do with "people grieving differently." We are not talking about "grief" here. I do not even think they did the rounds of talk shows to bring the seriousness of the crime to the public as other families who have their loved ones' killed, usually do.

Yep wouldnt sursprise me if janet does become a defense witnesses

Stacy, I agree. That deep disgust and outrage was never evident. Sure we saw sadness because someone died, but not the more explosive outrage that you would see/hear from victims' families when crimes like these occur, and this has nothing to do with "people grieving differently." We are not talking about "grief" here. I do not even think they did the rounds of talk shows to bring the seriousness of the crime to the public as other families who have their loved ones' killed, usually do.
Of course they didn't, and it's a shame that they didn't do at least this much for him. For people saying but they are this, they are that, so?! Who's taking away the blood relation? The fact that there was almost no outrage shown over Conrad Murray, instead of blaming Murray, they're ready to put the blame on someone else to fit their own agenda and cash in big time. What does this fact tell you?! How could any honest, sincere and genuine family and/or family member be ready to blame a third party and risk the actual killer of the deceased being acquitted? Someone who's interested in 'justice' doesn't do that.

Of course they didn't, and it's a shame that they didn't do at least this much for him. For people saying but they are this, they are that, so?! Who's taking away the blood relation? The fact that there was almost no outrage shown over Conrad Murray, instead of blaming Murray, they're ready to put the blame on someone else to fit their own agenda and cash in big time. What does this fact tell you?! How could any honest, sincere and genuine family and/or family member be ready to blame a third party and risk the actual killer of the deceased being acquitted? Someone who's interested in 'justice' doesn't do that.

So right Twinklee....

The family has shown absolutely no outrage over what Murray did to MJ. They would rather Murray go free if they can get big money from AEG. Murray is the doctor, Murray had the medical license, Murray killed MJ.. A company doesn't dictate medical treatment for their employee. Murray had plenty of time to tell AEG and MJ that propofol for sleep is not good or safe and MJ needs to get his health in order before he embarks on this tour. That is all Murray had to say. He could've personally taken MJ to a medical facility for sleep, insomnia, depression or anxiety or whatever the hell was going on. Murray had no business giving MJ anesthesia as a sleep aid.

Back