Justin Timberlake On Michael Jackson: '99.79 Percent Of His Songs Are Perfect'

Um, MJ's worn the white socks & loafers even before the movie Grease came out.

Check the photo archives.

Before 1978??? I dont recall ever seeing that. Someone post some photos and prove me wrong.

So was Sexy Back & a few others that Justin sang.

Oh my, Michael singing sexyback.. I would have died if i heard that!

I’m bringing sexy back
Them other boys don’t know how to act
I think you're special, what's behind your back?
So turn around and I'll pick up the slack.

Take 'em to the bridge

[Bridge]
Dirty babe
You see the shackles
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
It’s just that no one makes me feel this way

Take 'em to the chorus

[Chorus]
Come here girl
Go ahead, be gone with it
Come to the back
VIP
Drinks on me
Let me see what you’re working with
Look at those hips
You make me smile
Go ahead child
And get your sexy on

Get your sexy on
[Repeat 6 times]

Get your sexy on

[Verse 2]
I’m bringing sexy back
Them other f.rs don’t know how to act
Come let me make up for the things you lack
'Cause you're burning up I gotta get it fast

Take 'em to the bridge

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
I’m bringing sexy back
You m. f.rs watch how I attack
If that’s your girl you better watch your back
Cause she’ll burn it up for me and that’s a fact

Take 'em to the chorus

[Chorus]

Last edited:
Oh my, Michael singing sexyback.. I would have died if i heard that!

Ive never heard that any of the songs forn Justins second album where for Michael. Only that The Neptunes wrote some songs for Michael from Justified.

my addition to the 'Michael supposed to sing that song'--Pharell produced timberfake's 1st solo album which was supposed to be an album for Mike but then Mike rejected it. Maybe that's why it sounds Michaelish

Wait!
Thats what artists do, take from other artistis, when your influenced by someone you cant help but show them in yourself!
Im not a JT fan! I dont really care what he has to say about MJ, i meen if he loved him, and thought he was a good man thats great! But he dosent need to keep saying so now hes passed away (still so hard to say :( ) he should have been saying it to the world more when he was alive!

^^I get your point, I understand that but he's too close to the original artist--that's why I can't help but think all he do is COPY. I can't give credit to an artist if all they do is copy.

Ive never heard that any of the songs forn Justins second album where for Michael. Only that The Neptunes wrote some songs for Michael from Justified.
yeah its true, Michael knew those songs were weak, Michael would only accept genius songs when from others.

Shimar, i have been to madonna's shows, i have to desagree with you, i thought they were good shows, all the effects and that YES, absolutely!, but her, ummm, i will not say more, i dont wanna sound like im God or anything

Saying he doesn't imitate him is a big fat LIE! Take a took at the photos in the booklet from his album 'Justified' total copy

God yes, what is Rock your body about?

-edit Wow, see I didn't know that song was meant for Mike at first, no wonder he sounds so much like him, damn JT.

Michael copied John Travolta but never acknowledged it.................

Justin Timberlake copied Michael Jackson but never acknowledged it.

What do you have to say about that.........?

OMG!!! thats a new one, God gimme a break, hahahah sorry:D

he has an ego the size of mars, i hate this guy, sorry, he thinks he is michael, he thinks his music is up there with michael, im sorry but he needs a serious reality check, have you heard some of the things hes saying, he thinks he knows how mike feels when he makes a genius track, he has no clue

read previous pages or watch Grease lol :p
Oh my! he wore white socks BEFORE THAT MOVIE EVEN CAME OUT, please... :smilerolleyes:

you may say he got that from Elvis, but John Travolta.... Good God... :p

i think Elvis was good looking, had style, not a fan of his music though, but he was cool

I agree with the Travolta thing, it's very clear when you see him dance that he was influenced by him in some way. Don't see what's bad about it. It just made him even better.

Is that even possible, hmmm, don't know.

I love to watch him dance, he literally makes me weak at the knees.

Last edited:
he has an ego the size of mars, i hate this guy, sorry, he thinks he is michael, he thinks his music is up there with michael, im sorry but he needs a serious reality check, have you heard some of the things hes saying, he thinks he knows how mike feels when he makes a genius track, he has no clue

Especially the part where he sounds like he equals himself to Michael… That part annoyed me.

What's wrong with you guys? What did JT do to call him a hypocite? That's getting more and more irritating, it's becaming very clear that most of the members in this forum hate everything but MJ:angry:

I don't know if u were always a fan of Mj or a "renewed" fan since his death but JUSTIn was one of those who turned their back on MJ. Who all of a sudden wasn't influence by him. Who all of a sudden had no comment when it came to Mike. So excuse "most " of the members who you called out. but some of us can spot fakeness when we see it. Now its vogue , its in again to like Mike. Like we have been asking since June 25th , WERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN HE NEEDED THEM. All that positivity in the media would have done a whole lotta good. it would have counteract the Bull that was being thrown at the man.

OMG!!! thats a new one, God gimme a break, hahahah sorry:D

Well, its not a new one. Its been said over and over again.

Dont make me make a youtube video showing the similarities.........

I don't think MJ ever claimed to invent white socks.

Wearing white socks was fashionable in the 50s (which is the time that Grease is set in - hence John Travolta wearing them in the movie) but it went out of fashion and became kinda geeky.. MJ just said he never stopped wearing white socks even when it went out of fashion, it became 'his thing' and there is no denying who people think of when they see black loafers and white socks..

I don't think MJ ever claimed to invent white socks.

Wearing white socks was fashionable in the 50s (which is the time that Grease is set in - hence John Travolta wearing them in the movie) but it went out of fashion and became kinda geeky.. MJ just said he never stopped wearing white socks even when it went out of fashion, it became 'his thing' and there is no denying who people think of when they see black loafers and white socks..[/QUOTE]
Yes man, people even here:mello: try to beat him, wow, unbelievable

Well, its not a new one. Its been said over and over again.

Dont make me make a youtube video showing the similarities.........
yeah but thats ignorance, i mean it was used in the 50-s, travolta was NOT the first one, come on, people seem so, i dont know, you dont need to be a genius to know this, i mean, for real;D

I am not a JT fan. My little brother says that Justin's going through some kind of phase because he's not really working anymore. . . he just goes on SNL and does charity stuff. I've always preferred Usher and Ne-Yo.

I only read that comment from JT about Michael here on the board so i don't know where it has come from. But I'll be very disappointed if it was true. But I never liked JT as a person anyways. Well, I was just never interested in going past the music with him.

I think the comparisons btw JT and Michael are because they were the breakout stars of their groups and both are obviously talented. But Justin can't say that Michael hasn't influenced him in the studio?! Why the comparisons then?

Pharrell offered Michael 'Senorita', 'Rock Your Body', and 'Like I Love You' for the Invincible sessions. Pharrell said it wasn't Michael that rejected them, but someone at Sony so they were offered to Justin. He aslo said that when he would meet up with Michael years later, they'd laugh about it because they all turned out to be huge hits for Justin.

Omigosh, MJ would have been so friggin' hot singing Sexyback. Omigosh. I'm not a Justin fan or a Sexyback fan, but MJ on that....mmm...he coulda' tore it down. However, I don't think he would have ever released a song entitled "Sexyback"... =P

Also, disrespectful and cowardly as it is, I'd rather hear news of people praising him who were absent earlier, than people who were friends with him turning their backs on him. =/

yeah but thats ignorance, i mean it was used in the 50-s, travolta was NOT the first one, come on, people seem so, i dont know, you dont need to be a genius to know this, i mean, for real;D

Look its obvious that you have gone on the defensive thinking im taking a shot at Michael.

There are certain moves in Grease which Michael basically mirrored in TWYMMF video.

Im talking about just the style with the black pants, loafers and white socks thing. Thats one thing. The biggest thing is some of the dance moves that Michael clearly just took from Grease. Its not even a big deal, and im not the first to mention it. Its been spoken of quite often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeeELBWkJc

1:58 from this video is one move in particular Michael took.
Also 2:20

I am not a JT fan. My little brother says that Justin's going through some kind of phase because he's not really working anymore. . . he just goes on SNL and does charity stuff. I've always preferred Usher and Ne-Yo.

I only read that comment from JT about Michael here on the board so i don't know where it has come from. But I'll be very disappointed if it was true. But I never liked JT as a person anyways. Well, I was just never interested in going past the music with him.

I think the comparisons btw JT and Michael are because they were the breakout stars of their groups and both are obviously talented. But Justin can't say that Michael hasn't influenced him in the studio?! Why the comparisons then?

Pharrell offered Michael 'Senorita', 'Rock Your Body', and 'Like I Love You' for the Invincible sessions. Pharrell said it wasn't Michael that rejected them, but someone at Sony so they were offered to Justin. He aslo said that when he would meet up with Michael years later, they'd laugh about it because they all turned out to be huge hits for Justin.

Damn, I can totally see Michael doing those songs. He would've killed it! I love those songs.

99.97 is a decent number, I would have picked something lower, but oh well, matter of opinion I guess.

I don't know why you guys bother jumping on this and saying the saaaame things over and over again, it's like you keep a file on your computer and copy and paste everything everytime you see something about Justin or Usher or whoever you think is a copy cat.

Me personally think Justin is great, if you actually sit and listen to the music its really good. I never liked Future, Sex, Lovesounds over Justified, but its still a great album, the production values in both are amazing. Justin is not the best dancer ever, especially when freestyling, but the level of the choreography he performs is of a very high standard and much more technical than anything Michael done (not to say he couldn't do it), with the exception of Ghosts maybe. In his solo career I've never seen him lip sync, hes played instruments live and his shows are really good.

Theres no denying the man is talented so everyone needs to stop riding him so much.

In my opinion, FS/LS and Justified suck. But hey (!), I have Sign O' the Times, Bad, Thriller, Musicology, 1999 and Off the Wall near my stereo.

"much more technical than anything Michael done "- THIS IS LAUGHABLE. Do yourself a favor and go watch videos of Michael dancing to Stranger in Moscow and Billie Jean. Again, this is laughable. Michael is a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better dancer than Justin was, is or will be. I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

"In his solo career I've never seen him lip sync, hes played instruments live and his shows are really good."- You never heard him lip-synch? Are you in denial? What about "Live in London", Brit awards, et cetera?

Justin CAN'T play an instrument: he just plays one or two chords. There is no real indication he can play one...because he just plays the same one or two chords over and over again.

Besides, Justin is rude to his fans. He even spat on some in Sweden.

I'm sorry.
P.S.= If you really think Justin is a more technical dancer than Michael, then you need to check your eyes. Just a suggestion.

"but the level of the choreography he performs is of a very high standard "- ??? High standart? Example?

He does basic things. I've never seen Justin do difficult dance routines. NEVER.

His shows "are good"? Well, the photography work is amazing, his band rocks, the lights used, the visual effects...everything is excellent....but Justin doesn't have stage presence. He is not talented enough to steal a show.

Justin is not the best dancer ever, especially when freestyling, but the level of the choreography he performs is of a very high standard and much more technical than anything Michael done:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed (not to say he couldn't do it), with the exception of Ghosts maybe.

:bugeyedA definite MIS-QUOTE of the CENTURY!!!!!:bugeyed

i mean i don't hate JT but come on:hysterical: to compare the so-called artists of the today's, ability to

dance better than MJ:hysterical: technical or not:hysterical: i am sorry:hysterical: ok:hysterical: i am better now:hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

sorry... leaving this thread.:hysterical:

There may have been similarities on Justin's 1st solo album with the 1st single but the dance choreography was totally different from MJ. Justin's last album was a completely different music and dance style from MJ.

Justin and Usher's choreography is mainly Hip Hop while MJ's is more classical, broadway style with the exception of MJ's solo pop lock moves. The main choreography is broadway, classical style dancing.

you know, for those of you who attack members who don't exactly support Justin, you have to understand what they witnessed. and for those who are positive about Justin, it has to be understood what THEY witnessed. but if a person is totally consistent about Michael, there is not one person on here who can, or would call them out. so please take that into consideration, when people don't necessarily say all positive things about a person who just happened to make a positive statement about Michael, at this time.

i mean, the same thing can be said about those who decry Mj's songwriting, when the reality is, it's great songwriting. it seems hypocritical for them to have a problem with members who may decry Justin. after all..it's only a matter of opinion. it seems weird that people would have a problem with people who solely support MJ and only MJ on an MJ website. you have that space, here. that's why it's called an MJ website.

Look its obvious that you have gone on the defensive thinking im taking a shot at Michael.

There are certain moves in Grease which Michael basically mirrored in TWYMMF video.

Im talking about just the style with the black pants, loafers and white socks thing. Thats one thing. The biggest thing is some of the dance moves that Michael clearly just took from Grease. Its not even a big deal, and im not the first to mention it. Its been spoken of quite often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeeELBWkJc

1:58 from this video is one move in particular Michael took.
Also 2:20

And your point is?

Back