July 18-20 News and mentionings *update for July 20, 2008 on post #123*

Re: July 18-20 News and mentionings *update for July 19, 2008 on post #70*

No one really has a clue as to what exactly happened. :lol: Maybe MJ went as a guest initially, but later they decided to do this project, MJ decided to extend his stay which could've become a part of the contract. He did stay quite a long time for just being a "guest" (and I bet his stay wasn't cheap either :lol:). Really, there are many scenarios and nobody knows for sure what was the exact situation or what was in that contract.

Personally, I don't know what the heck he was thinking when he signed that. But then again, I can't say that I'm all that surprised either. It certainly wouldn't be the first time....

a big possiblity :kickass: :clapping:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 20, 2008:

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN1945795120080720

More than 2.3 million people were locked up in federal, state or local systems at midyear 2007, according to the U.S. Dept. of Justice, and they want their Michael Jackson and Pink Floyd just like everyone else.

Perennial sellers include Al Green's "Greatest Hits," Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory," Michael Jackson's "Thriller," Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" and a best-of collection by the Stylistics.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/story/709677.html

I know you’ve been performing a lot in the past few months, but have you written for any notable artists lately?

I’m scared to say because I don’t want to jinx it but … I just wrote some stuff for Michael Jackson and Jennifer Hudson.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/07/20/charm_school/

The most ambitious theory of charisma yet - a theory that helps explain all the other theories - was described last year in the book "It," by Joseph Roach, professor of English and theater studies at Yale. What people are responding to in charismatics, Roach writes, "is the power of apparently effortless embodiment of contradictory qualities simultaneously: strength and vulnerability, innocence and experience, and singularity and typicality among them." Among the people who have best embodied these contradictory qualities at the same time are King Charles II of England, Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson, and Princess Diana.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/music/20080720_New_Recordings.html

The CD is full of Michael Jackson-influenced jams like "Addicted," "The Letter," and "Where Will You Go" that shoot for funky but end up clunky. Apparently Young's ambition is to be the next JC Chasez.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/couriernews/lifestyles/1063257,3_5_EL20_MOONWALK_S1.article

And, there is MTV and its annual Video Music Awards show. The award itself is shaped like a lunar astronaut, a reminder that the first piece MTV played in 1981 used footage of the 1969 lunar landing.
"That's not to mention Michael Jackson's moonwalk," said Burns.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_212159217.shtml

The British catwalk stunner wowed with her dance moves to Michael Jackson's Thriller when her first SoBe ad aired at the beginning of 2008, and now she's a [COLOR=#0000ff! important][COLOR=#0000ff! important]Black [COLOR=#0000ff! important]Magic[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Woman.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/...e/entertainment-3/1216564009232650.xml&coll=6

But the two artists who have shaped young Bleu's style most are from a different genre: "Prince influences me, but Michael Jackson is my favorite. He is such a perfectionist as a performer, and that's what I want to be. He put on an incredible show."

Michael Jackson HIStory for July 20, 2008:

1996 - Michael Jackson visited Nelson Mandela in Pretoria, South Africa. He also announced that he was working on a film about Mandela.

2004 - Michael Jackson's publicist denied a report in US Weekly that Jackson was about to become a father to quadruplets via a surrogate mother. A spokesperson for US Weekly told Reuters that is stands by its story and cite unnamed sources close to Jackson as confirming the story.

2005 - Michael Jackson did not appear for a hearing he was ordered to attend in a Louisianna civil court. The hearing was for a civil suit filed by an alleged abuse victim.

thanks for mentionings :D :flowers:

"1996 - Michael Jackson visited Nelson Mandela in Pretoria, South Africa. He also announced that he was working on a film about Mandela."

what happened with that then

That lawsuit sure as hell ain't about one song. The contract included two albums and some other projects. I also remember being reported that the prince gave MJ a big advance for it too. If it were just for one song I'm sure MJ would've recorded it just as a thank you to the guy who was paying $9 000 a night for his stay at the Burj Al Arab hotel. :lol: There is more than that and we don't have the full information and we may never get it, because the British media isn't allowed to report on this things as far as I know.

Really? And where did you hear all that? From what's been filed in court suppsedly, the Prince is suing for Michael failing to record an cover of an Elvis Presley song and for living expenses, not two albums or an advance. Now I've already said that Michael should have, if he indeed signed the contract, sang whatever song the Prince requested. But for him to charge for Michael's stay, when it was SUPPOSED to be a show of hospitatlity and kindness, and a way for Michael to get away from everything that was weighing him down at that point, is wrong, imo and show's that the Prince never intended to simply just help Michael. Springing business deals on him, at that point, while he was still reeling from what happened, is opportunistic and show's an alterior motive on the Princes part in housing Michael for so long. Again, Michael has, throughout his entire adult life, allowed people to stay for extended periods of time at his home, given them countless gifts, money, shown extreme hospitality and never once has asked for anything in return. That kind of selflessness is obviously lacking in the Prince. I just think it's sad that no one ever seems to offer Michael the same generosity or goodness he always offers them.

Last edited:

But for him to charge for Michael's stay, when it was SUPPOSED to be a show of hospitatlity and kindness, and a way for Michael to get away from everything that was weighing him down at that point, is wrong, imo and show's that the Prince never intended to simply just help Michael. Springing business deals on him, at that point, while he was still reeling from what happened, is opportunistic and show's an alterior motive on the Princes part in housing Michael for so long. Again, Michael has, throughout his entire adult life, allowed people to stay for extended periods of time at his home, given them countless gifts, money, shown extreme hospitality and never once has asked for anything in return. That kind of selflessness is obviously lacking in the Prince. I just think it's sad that no one ever seems to offer Michael the same generosity or goodness he always offers them.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
prince shown his real face sueing for the cost of "accommodation and hospitality":smilerolleyes:.if this is true of course

Really? And where did you hear all that? From what's been filed in court suppsedly, the Prince is suing for Michael failing to record an cover of an Elvis Presley song and for living expenses, not two albums or an advance.

i don't remember where i read it, but it was reported somewhere, probably even posted on here. that lawsuit ain't about one song. That big announcement they made with Guy Holmes and all surely was not about an Elvis song. There were a lot more to that deal. In fact, I'm not sure I even believe this "Elvis song" thing.... sounds a bit weird. I wonder if the Katrina single is also part of the lawsuit.... wouldn't be surprised.

show's that the Prince never intended to simply just help Michael. Springing business deals on him, at that point, while he was still reeling from what happened,

you're just assuming here, you don't know whose idea this deal was

you're just assuming here, you don't know whose idea this deal was

Neither do you. Chances are though, as in most cases, the idea was presented to Michael, as it was the Prince's record label and he was trying to get it off the ground, he no doubt came at Michael with the prospect of a business venture involving it and Michael at the time thought it was a good idea. But again, he wasn't exactly in the right state at that point.

And unless you have a reliable source, then I can't believe what you've posted.

Last edited:

i don't remember where i read it, but it was reported somewhere, probably even posted on here. that lawsuit ain't about one song. That big announcement they made with Guy Holmes and all surely was not about an Elvis song. There were a lot more to that deal. In fact, I'm not sure I even believe this "Elvis song" thing.... sounds a bit weird. I wonder if the Katrina single is also part of the lawsuit.... wouldn't be surprised.

yes,that's right. I can't believe this story...."the adopted children" thing maks me unable to accept a word fromt that news "without source" . Besides, Elvis was not mentioned ever in the news coming from Bahrain at that time, even Roger Friedman couldn't write this sh#t

Last edited:
But the two artists who have shaped young Bleu's style most are from a different genre: "Prince influences me, but Michael Jackson is my favorite. He is such a perfectionist as a performer, and that's what I want to be. He put on an incredible show."

:)....for some reason I knew Michael was an influence on him.

Michael Jackson HIStory for July 20, 2008:

2004 - Michael Jackson's publicist denied a report in US Weekly that Jackson was about to become a father to quadruplets via a surrogate mother. A spokesperson for US Weekly told Reuters that is stands by its story and cite unnamed sources close to Jackson as confirming the story.

Oh really now.......so, um......where are these four year old quads now US Weekly?:rofl:...still standing by your story?:hysterical:

yes,that's right. I can't believe this story...."the adopted children" thing maks me unable to accept a word fromt that news "without source" . Besides, Elvis was not mentioned ever in the news coming from Bahrain at that time, even Roger Friedman couldn't write this sh#t

Why would the King of Pop record a cover song by the King of Rock & Roll (hey I'm just stating them by what the media calls them)? That sounds bogus. I'm sure there's more to this lawsuit.

You all got to see this. They are 7/8 year olds.lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tLGmCFvO8&feature=related

They are amazing
This song was released 25 years ago before these little ones were even an egg/ and here they are dancing to the song as if it was just released.

Michael Jackson is the best

011.jpg

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/id.../charm_school/

The most ambitious theory of charisma yet - a theory that helps explain all the other theories - was described last year in the book "It," by Joseph Roach, professor of English and theater studies at Yale. What people are responding to in charismatics, Roach writes, "is the power of apparently effortless embodiment of contradictory qualities simultaneously: strength and vulnerability, innocence and experience, and singularity and typicality among them." Among the people who have best embodied these contradictory qualities at the same time are King Charles II of England, Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson, and Princess Diana
so agree with it.

Why would the King of Pop record a cover song by the King of Rock & Roll (hey I'm just stating them by what the media calls them)? That sounds bogus. I'm sure there's more to this lawsuit.

In checking out the michaeljackson.hu website, the info given was written in a blog, does not give a link to the "london court website". Also, the statement about the lawsuit involving 2Seas and the Prince/Elvis song just seems so random in the blog entry, again without any link as to exactly where this info can be found.

To me, all of this seems hard to completely believe without some kind of verifiable source for the "info". Nothing against the MJ site itself, but until a certifiable source for this lawsuit info is given, and not written in a blog, I really just take this with a grain of salt r/t the Elvis song, etc.

JMO.

Michael recording an Elvis song? Sounds really fishy to me...rather silly in fact. Fans do not know what is in this contract or even if there was one signed by Michael and what are the specifics, so I think it does no one any good to speculate what it all means.

don't u think the prince sort of screwed himself a bit? boasting how mj was his GUEST and his BROTHER and how he OFFERED up his home to him and his children...even IF they had a contract, words like that would void it b/c itlooks like he's trying to be hospitable.....if u're doing a favor, u don't charge for it.

ALSO....we can speculate till we blue in the face but we'll just be going round and round...so please state when posting that yuo're guessing cuz some of y'alls is stating things and it looks like facts.....

Last edited:

In checking out the michaeljackson.hu website, the info given was written in a blog, does not give a link to the "london court website". Also, the statement about the lawsuit involving 2Seas and the Prince/Elvis song just seems so random in the blog entry, again without any link as to exactly where this info can be found.

To me, all of this seems hard to completely believe without some kind of verifiable source for the "info". Nothing against the MJ site itself, but until a certifiable source for this lawsuit info is given, and not written in a blog, I really just take this with a grain of salt r/t the Elvis song, etc.

JMO.

It sounds like someone's fantasy story that someone sent to some fans and somehow the story gets printed out as fact and makes it true and makes the situation worser than what it is. We ain't no worst than fake-a$$ tabloid busters who print bulls**t. Why would Michael cover anybody's song and also why would the so-called company have a fit if he didn't record said cover song, it doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, Michael and the Prince got some issues they need to sort out soon or this will be another long-drawn "what is going on" scenario. People are already blaming this case for the reason why MJ ain't put out material yet. :unsure:

It sounds like someone's fantasy story that someone sent to some fans and somehow the story gets printed out as fact and makes it true and makes the situation worser than what it is. We ain't no worst than fake-a$$ tabloid busters who print bulls**t. Why would Michael cover anybody's song and also why would the so-called company have a fit if he didn't record said cover song, it doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, Michael and the Prince got some issues they need to sort out soon or this will be another long-drawn "what is going on" scenario. People are already blaming this case for the reason why MJ ain't put out material yet. :unsure:
This is a british court we are dealing with, they won't stand for any nonsense. I also asked the question, why a british court. they have no juruisdiction over MJ and cannot enforce the law as he is an American, so I don't know why he did this.:bugeyed

This is a british court we are dealing with, they won't stand for any nonsense. I also asked the question, why a british court. they have no juruisdiction over MJ and cannot enforce the law as he is an American, so I don't know why he did this.:bugeyed

MJ probably thought about living in England for a good minute. :ph34r: You know Mike will do one thing and then go ahead and do another. He's been that way since "Off the Wall". :ph34r:

MJ probably thought about living in England for a good minute. :ph34r: You know Mike will do one thing and then go ahead and do another. He's been that way since "Off the Wall". :ph34r:
Maybe the prince thought MJ had moved to britain. He still cannot have any verdict enforced as MJ is American, he can ignore the british courts.

Maybe the prince thought MJ had moved to britain. He still cannot have any verdict enforced as MJ is American, he can ignore the british courts.

Maybe he thought Mike lived there. Remember how a lot of us thought Mike was gonna stay in Europe (like Tina Turner) and he returned in December in time to say farewell to James? LOL That's probably when he thought he was betrayed by Mike. Either way it's still a mess and both sides are as much at fault with it even if it was really "just a little misunderstanding". Mike chose to hang out with people like him, lol.

Well, Michael believes people when they tell him sh*t, lol. He knows what he wants though, and going out on tour with them ain't it, lol.

Last edited:

i get it...that was a joke..right?..off the wall..hehe...:D

Back