July 11-13, 2008 *Updated for July 13, 2008 on post #167

Re: 11th July, 08

*Remember no discussion about his health here at MJJC is allowed*

http://www.accesshollywood.com/arti...-behind-the-latest-photos-of-michael-jackson/

Found the article from access hollywood that bee was speaking about here is the article:
Is He Sick? The Truth Behind The Latest Photos Of Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Earlier this week, photos emerged of Michael Jackson being pushed around in a wheelchair. While headlines around the world touted the demise of the King of Pop and suggested that the Gloved One was “retiring” and “sick,” Access has the real details.
Though he was caught wearing a surgical mask, pajamas and a marine hat, according to a source close to Jackson, the star just likes dressing up in disguises.
There is, in fact, nothing wrong with him. Access’ source also says Jackson sometimes chooses to disguise himself as a burn victim.
This isn’t the first time Jackson has dressed up.
He has previously been spotted wearing a surgical mask and enjoys elaborate costumes – from top hats and tails, to military coats, when performing or making an appearance at a public event.
In 2007, reports surfaced that while in Bahrain, the star was spotted dressed up as a woman.

this article is as stupid as the pictures are...the truth...Michael is the only one who knows the truth(me for one i'm still not sure that are real pics of him) and he is not talking.and of story!

this article is as stupid as the pictures are...the truth...Michael is the only one who knows the truth(me for one i'm still not sure that are real pics of him) and he is not talking.and of story!
The sad thing about this is that anybldy can cover their face with a black cloth and do something stupid and claim it to be MJ and the media will accept it, even though they cannot see his face. I argued this point in another discussion, and now we have opictures from canada claiming to be MJ. I do not like this at all.

The sad thing about this is that anybldy can cover their face with a black cloth and do something stupid and claim it to be MJ and the media will accept it, even though they cannot see his face. I argued this point in another discussion, and now we have opictures from canada claiming to be MJ. I do not like this at all.

me either :no:

Re: 11th July, 08:The Truth Behind The Latest Photos Of Michael Jackson

It's unfortunate but when you've been known to doing disguises for half of your life, people will believe anything.

Oh well...

No real news today so far.

http://www.latimes.com/theguide/bars-and-clubs/la-gd-vegas10-2008jul10,1,2505370.story

Christian Audigier: The Nightclub at Treasure Island in Vegas

[COLOR=#999999! important]By -- Steve Friess
July 10, 2008 [/color]
DESIGNER Christian Audigier was a few hours from opening his first nightclub last week, a swanky spread that looks out at the Las Vegas Strip from Treasure Island, but he was already moving past all that. He's got loftier plans.

Much loftier. An airline, in fact.

"It's going to be nice, comfortable, with nice waitresses and nice food, a cool drink and a nice movie," Audigier says, igniting one of three cigarettes laid out neatly for him by an assistant along with a yellow lighter. "I'm talking to different people. I'm not ready yet, but I'm going to do that."

Uh, OK. It's hard to comprehend how a fashion impresario -- even one responsible for the stunningly successful Von Dutch and Ed Hardy lines -- could pull off such an endeavor. Then again, as he explained this, he was sitting on the terrace of his eponymous nightclub. He also has a development deal to build a 36-story hotel with his name on it in Dubai.

So, really, who's to doubt the man at the center of one of the most meteoric rises in fashion history, a designer unknown to Americans a decade ago but who in May was regaled at his 50th birthday by the likes of clients Snoop Dogg, Fergie and Macy Gray? Michael Jackson showed up unexpectedly, declared Audigier the new King of Fashion and is now in talks for a Jackson-branded Audigier line.

"It's gonna be the new look of Michael, of course," Audigier says. "He's preparing a new album and a new tour, and I'm working on a collection to celebrate all the icons of rock, pop and funk. This is what I want to do in my collection for him."

After that, he says, clothing lines involving Madonna and Britney Spears may follow. In fact, the marriage between his clothes -- T-shirts emblazoned with elaborate and often Goth-inspired designs, going for more than $250 -- and the rock 'n' roll culture fits neatly into Audigier's earliest ambitions. He says as a teen he wanted to be Mick Jagger, and now, "Mick Jagger is wearing my clothes."

The nightclub makes Audigier the first designer to delve into the Vegas night life scene as an entrepreneur. He's partnered with Pure Management Group for a berth with an outdoor terrace facing Treasure Island's lagoon, where a pirate show takes place every 90 minutes. Inside, the space is tricked out with rhinestone-encrusted skulls and two 1,000-gallon tanks of 30 jellyfish each. The aim, he says, is "to instill a fashionable night life."

"When you're going into a club, you want to see sparkling and glitter and rhinestones," he says. "This nightclub opening is a big achievement for me, because having a nightclub in Vegas is not something I was dreaming in my life."

As Audigier moved about the place, two cameramen and a photographer tracked his every move, as they have for six years for a planned documentary he hopes to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May.

"This is really a success story, an American dream," says Audigier, who arrived unemployed in the U.S. in 2001. This year, his company is expected to gross $200 million in sales, and he owns homes in L.A., Miami, Paris and Brazil.

"I came to Los Angeles, and it was a struggle in the beginning. To put your mark on a line was very difficult, so I needed to do my own. Now look at where I am. It is amazing."

just in case people missed it cuz of this wheel chair crap lol :smilerolleyes:

Thanks for yesterday's news and updates :)

That tour thing sounds interesting...

:wild:

Also, whatever happened to Cavalli? :lol: MJ rips through designers liker his white shirts during concerts. :p

Dude it's just EXCITING..

I CANT WAIT FOR EVERYTHING TO UNFLOLD...

Also, whatever happened to Cavalli? :lol: MJ rips through designers liker his white shirts during concerts. :p

This is why I refuse to talk about this. Nothing may not come of it. We'll see though. :lol:

This is why I refuse to talk about this. Nothing may not come of it. We'll see though. :lol:
me too. I just think that everytime MJ looks in someone's direction they think they signed a contract with him.:yes:

Could someone help me on what I did or didn't do wrong. Last night I posted information on the location of the book store. It's a store - I was just curious on which one and thought that others would be interested too. I'm not stalking the bookstore and I don't plan to hang out at this one or any other store with books in Vegas, or anywhere else for that matter.

The post and the follow up discussions with the two members has disappeared. I don't understand what was wrong, because he has also been seen at other bookstores in Las Vegas - Borders included.

Please advise and no, I don't know where he lives.

The answer to your question was already posted by a mod
in Post # 111 and #114 - I just read it - You may have missed it

Cavalli was designing clothes just for Michael...at least that's my understanding.

Quote:

........" Michael Jackson showed up unexpectedly, declared Audigier the new King of Fashion and is now in talks for a Jackson-branded Audigier line.

"It's gonna be the new look of Michael, of course," Audigier says. "He's preparing a new album and a new tour, and I'm working on a collection to celebrate all the icons of rock, pop and funk. This is what I want to do in my collection for him."

I` m eager to know whether all these announced projects with designers, artists and producers - allegedly to work with him - can be realized. ;D

Last edited:

I think that what is gonna happen here is Christian is shooting to have this Michael inspired clothing line ready for when Michael goes on tour. Michael will be wearing some of that stuff on stage and people all over the world will see it. It will start with the celebs in Hollywood wearing it after purchasing it from Kitson. Then demand will increase after fans see it on Michael during the tour. Then I expect to see them launch out into stores like Macy's, Nordstroms, etc. His stuff will be in the stores for all to buy just like Beyonce's Dereon, Kimora's BabyPhat and J-Z; Rocawear.

I personally think that Michael should have had a clothing line a long time ago. This is way overdue. He is way to big and way to well known not to have something out there. So I think it will be a good thing down the road.

No news today, eh? Just taking it a weekday at a time...

the only thing i care is michael to be ok and healthy yesterday the story was in greek news on tv...

which part is about that?

omg.. lol :lol:

*Remember no discussion about his health here at MJJC is allowed*

http://www.accesshollywood.com/arti...-behind-the-latest-photos-of-michael-jackson/

Found the article from access hollywood that bee was speaking about here is the article:
Is He Sick? The Truth Behind The Latest Photos Of Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Earlier this week, photos emerged of Michael Jackson being pushed around in a wheelchair. While headlines around the world touted the demise of the King of Pop and suggested that the Gloved One was “retiring” and “sick,” Access has the real details.
Though he was caught wearing a surgical mask, pajamas and a marine hat, according to a source close to Jackson, the star just likes dressing up in disguises.
There is, in fact, nothing wrong with him. Access’ source also says Jackson sometimes chooses to disguise himself as a burn victim.
This isn’t the first time Jackson has dressed up.
He has previously been spotted wearing a surgical mask and enjoys elaborate costumes – from top hats and tails, to military coats, when performing or making an appearance at a public event.
In 2007, reports surfaced that while in Bahrain, the star was spotted dressed up as a woman.

please dont laugh. i mean it.

am i really stupid and silly to not be able to find or see the article about it or what!!! ??

HELP! s.o.s!!!
I am NOT calling you stupid. I think that if it's hard for some finding the information in the thread where is says in the title above.. then someone should update the 1st post with the article there, so people won't be asking where this article is, be confused, or have to rummage to what page. :) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Sorry about being late with the weekend news thread but I will be updating it for July 12, 2008. BRB!

Re: July 11-13, 2008

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 12, 2008:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/stevie-wonder-blind-faith-865838.html

He has become a monument, a titanic figure in popular music over four decades. A large, ebullient, charismatic man of 58 – several years younger than the Dylans, Jaggers and McCartneys with whom he defined the sound of the 1960s – he is routinely cited as a major influence by Sting, Michael Jackson, Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige, Jamiroquai and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. His return to public performance will be the occasion of celebration and dancing in the streets, as his British public recalls precisely what it used to do, to the mellow backdrop of Talking Book and Innervisions.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/gadget-geeks-make-loyal-consumers/

1995, Microsoft tried to outdo Apple in hyping its new operating platform Windows 95. Mimicking the mega-hyped releases of, say, a new Michael Jackson record or the latest Star Wars film, Microsoft opened stores at midnight on Aug. 24., 1995 to accommodate impatient consumers. And the consumers played along, mobs of them lining up hours – even days – before the software went on sale.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/living/s_576952.html

For now, he plans to tighten his act, including a mock extravagant "Man in the Mirror" finale inspired by his experience listening to the self-improvement tapes of Eckhart Tolle while simultaneously being addicted to the Michael Jackson song.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/article695458.ece

For the most part, it felt fun, easy, safe. San Diego's Pierce the Veil put on an incendiary set, but the greatest crowd reaction was for their head-banging (but still rather earnest) cover of Michael Jackson's Beat It. On one of the two main stages, Orlando's From First to Last vowed to summon a satanic dance party. But heavily inked lead singer Matt Good ultimately showed decorum: "I'm not allowed to cuss here, so I can't say all my favorite words."

http://www.santiagotimes.cl/santiag...ultural-news/kick-ass-pajama-party-music.html

The Chilean band, whose influences include Sonic Youth, Michael Jackson, El Otro Yo, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Le Tigre and Nirvana, was conceived only a year ago out of a group of friends just partying together.

http://chicago.metromix.com/events/article/the-it-list/500193/content

RELIVE IT
The’80s and ’90s.
Yeah, we know you can catch a cover band at a Chicago street festival pretty much every weekend this summer. But rarely does an opportunity arise to catch so many in one place. The lineup at Rock Around the Block, now in its 15th year, includes U2 tribute band Elevation, Michael Jackson tribute band Who’s Bad,’80s cover band 16 Candles, Hairbangers Ball and Too White Crew—and that’s not even the half of it. Fest runs noon-10 p.m Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday. $5.

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080712/SPORTS30/807120318/1006/SPORTS

With musical artists like Lil' Jon, Michael Jackson and Missy Elliott providing the background music, the gymnasts wowed the crowds with a variety of well-choreographed performances.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/...dren-take-part-in-dance-event-97319-21327042/

It was choreographed by Birmingham-based artistic director Gail Parmel using the inspiration of music by performers such as Michael Jackson, Lulu and James Brown.

http://www.thehawkeye.com/Story/enrichment-071208

Nearly every student belted their own solo while moving and shaking to Bobby Day, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley. Students reviewed their taped performance from the day before on the last day of class.

Michael Jackson HIStory for July 12, 2008:

1997 - Michael Jackson played the first of three shows at London's Wembley Stadium. The shows were part of the "HIStory Tour

Re: July 11-13, 2008 *Updated for July 12, 2008 on post #146

This man's name is mentioned in the news at least 2 or 3 times every single day. How irrelevant can he be?

He's more relevant than ANYTHING else sadly.. They would put a Michael Jackson story over our worldly stories ANYTIME.. You watch a news broadcast durring the trial, and often 85% of the whole show was just Michael Jackson.

While we're in the middle of a WAR..

Last edited:

He's more relevant than ANYTHING else sadly.. They would put a Michael Jackson story over our worldly stories ANYTIME.. You watch a news broadcast durring the trial, and often 85% of the whole show was just Michael Jackson.

While we're in the middle of a WAR..
True.. and I remember also while coming home from school back when that was going on, or getting ready for school in the morning.. the news would be on MJ mostly, and there would be a little segment about the war, then they switch back to MJ...

Back