July 11-13, 2008 *Updated for July 13, 2008 on post #167

Re: July 11-13, 2008 *Updated for July 12, 2008 on post #146

Well it goes to show how famous Michael is. He's freakishly famous, lol. The media likes to pretend that he's washed up, but the way they carry on about him contradicts that claim completely.

If Michael coverd up in a wheelchair would make national news.. That shows in itself how relevant that man is..

Michaels persona is mythical.. In that way he will be relevant far after we living today are even on this earth..

Hi Dorothy and thanks for the news. Better late than never. Lol!

he is routinely cited as a major influence by Sting, Michael Jackson, Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige, Jamiroquai and the Red Hot Chili Peppers
A huge talent and a great musician this one is. It's no suprised that he inspired MJ and many others too. :)

Last edited:
Re: 11th July, 08

http://www.latimes.com/theguide/bars-and-clubs/la-gd-vegas10-2008jul10,1,2505370.story

Christian Audigier: The Nightclub at Treasure Island in Vegas

[COLOR=#999999! important]By -- Steve Friess [/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]July 10, 2008 [/color]
DESIGNER Christian Audigier was a few hours from opening his first nightclub last week, a swanky spread that looks out at the Las Vegas Strip from Treasure Island, but he was already moving past all that. He's got loftier plans.

Much loftier. An airline, in fact.

"It's going to be nice, comfortable, with nice waitresses and nice food, a cool drink and a nice movie," Audigier says, igniting one of three cigarettes laid out neatly for him by an assistant along with a yellow lighter. "I'm talking to different people. I'm not ready yet, but I'm going to do that."

Uh, OK. It's hard to comprehend how a fashion impresario -- even one responsible for the stunningly successful Von Dutch and Ed Hardy lines -- could pull off such an endeavor. Then again, as he explained this, he was sitting on the terrace of his eponymous nightclub. He also has a development deal to build a 36-story hotel with his name on it in Dubai.

So, really, who's to doubt the man at the center of one of the most meteoric rises in fashion history, a designer unknown to Americans a decade ago but who in May was regaled at his 50th birthday by the likes of clients Snoop Dogg, Fergie and Macy Gray? Michael Jackson showed up unexpectedly, declared Audigier the new King of Fashion and is now in talks for a Jackson-branded Audigier line.

"It's gonna be the new look of Michael, of course," Audigier says. "He's preparing a new album and a new tour, and I'm working on a collection to celebrate all the icons of rock, pop and funk. This is what I want to do in my collection for him."

After that, he says, clothing lines involving Madonna and Britney Spears may follow. In fact, the marriage between his clothes -- T-shirts emblazoned with elaborate and often Goth-inspired designs, going for more than $250 -- and the rock 'n' roll culture fits neatly into Audigier's earliest ambitions. He says as a teen he wanted to be Mick Jagger, and now, "Mick Jagger is wearing my clothes."

The nightclub makes Audigier the first designer to delve into the Vegas night life scene as an entrepreneur. He's partnered with Pure Management Group for a berth with an outdoor terrace facing Treasure Island's lagoon, where a pirate show takes place every 90 minutes. Inside, the space is tricked out with rhinestone-encrusted skulls and two 1,000-gallon tanks of 30 jellyfish each. The aim, he says, is "to instill a fashionable night life."

"When you're going into a club, you want to see sparkling and glitter and rhinestones," he says. "This nightclub opening is a big achievement for me, because having a nightclub in Vegas is not something I was dreaming in my life."

As Audigier moved about the place, two cameramen and a photographer tracked his every move, as they have for six years for a planned documentary he hopes to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May.

"This is really a success story, an American dream," says Audigier, who arrived unemployed in the U.S. in 2001. This year, his company is expected to gross $200 million in sales, and he owns homes in L.A., Miami, Paris and Brazil.

"I came to Los Angeles, and it was a struggle in the beginning. To put your mark on a line was very difficult, so I needed to do my own. Now look at where I am. It is amazing."

That was posted here http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53017&page=2 3 days ago, but it got buried among the photos and stuff. :scratch:

I thought it was good news to hear. More and more people keep mentioning about a album and tour. Can't wait for it though!:punk:

^^ Yea I noticed that whenever I was searching through the news thread.

Maybe Christian found this out from talking with Michael about the clothing line. I do believe that Michael will tour again. And I think it is going to be worldwide. He knows that this is what everyone wants from him.

Re: 11th July, 08:The Truth Behind The Latest Photos Of Michael Jackson

The answer to your question was already posted by a mod
in Post # 111 and #114 - I just read it - You may have missed it
Thank you for your information - I figured that the note may have been for me - not a problem.... As a newbie I was unaware of exactly what could and couldn't be posted regarding past places he has visited.

Hey Mods, when a person does a 'no no' it would help if you sent them a PM instead of a slightly vague general posting.

Thank you for your information - I figured that the note may have been for me - not a problem.... As a newbie I was unaware of exactly what could and couldn't be posted regarding past places he has visited.

Hey Mods, when a person does a 'no no' it would help if you sent them a PM instead of a slightly vague general posting.

I did send you a PM. Did you get it?

I did send you a PM. Did you get it?
Yes. I did get it - but it was after the posts were deleted and after I posted an inquiry on why or what I did was against policy

Hey don't get me wrong - I love MJ and just wanted to share with others where he had been - maybe we can patrionize B & N stores for supporting their ability to not call the local media when he shops... You know for all the national media, NORM didn't mention it and I didn't see the photo anywhere in the local papers or local news - just national - had me wondering if he had actually been shopping in Vegas.

PS - I have enjoyed reading all the info on this site, I used to read MJIFC several times, several years ago.

Yes. I did get it - but it was after the posts were deleted and after I posted an inquiry on why or what I did was against policy

Hey don't get me wrong - I love MJ and just wanted to share with others where he had been - maybe we can patrionize B & N stores for supporting their ability to not call the local media when he shops... You know for all the national media, NORM didn't mention it and I didn't see the photo anywhere in the local papers or local news - just national - had me wondering if he had actually been shopping in Vegas.

PS - I have enjoyed reading all the info on this site, I used to read MJIFC several times, several years ago.
That's because I had just come online at that time. If you require further information, please PM me.

Thanks.

Thanks for all of the Fridays-Saturdays mentionings :flowers:

...I do believe that Michael will tour again. And I think it is going to be worldwide. He knows that this is what everyone wants from him.

i don't think so because of security - Michael Jackson is a symbol of the USA so terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda wants to kill him. Europe? ok maybe some shows in USA but not in another regions of earth

i don't think so because of security - Michael Jackson is a symbol of the USA so terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda wants to kill him. Europe? ok maybe some shows in USA but not in another regions of earth

WTF are you talking about?

LOl.. thats exactly what I was thinking..^^^

:eek::ph34r::( :puke::no:

back away from the crack.looool

Last edited:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for July 13, 2008:

Cute quote from Obama's wife mentioning Michael Jackson.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1053046,CST-NWS-obamas13.article

"Our daughter will have us turn on Michael Jackson, and she and our little one will perform for us," Michelle Obama said in 2004. "And Barack will get up and dance with them every now and then. ... He thinks he's a much better dancer than he is, but he's not bad."

http://savannahnow.com/node/532397

The Jackson 5: Motown's family act had great moves and soulful songs and Michael. Key song: "ABC"

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/etoday/story.html?id=5b900719-699c-4e9a-902a-b8052e746788

Whether he was rocking out or laying down some smooth soul vocals on one of his many great ballads, Wonder was always in excellent voice; even using a vocoder to toss in a few riffs from Michael Jackson's "Human Nature." It always impressed me that he could write the kind of super-syrupy ballads that would make your teeth hurt if performed by other artists, but his hit you right in the tear ducts. Case in point: The honest and bluesy "Knock Me Off My Feet."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080713/ENT05/807130480

When I was getting to my teenage years, I would watch music videos almost everyday. ... I would watch my idols, like Aaliyah, Missy Elliott, Usher, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson and so on. ... I started to learn the dances from the music videos, live performances and movies

http://www.smh.com.au/news/stay-in-...-new-generation/2008/07/13/1215887447716.html

Jacobsen said his grandson won't be needing much more help from him. "Joel really took it up himself, I remember taking an Elton John CD to him once and he sat down and just played it, he has a lot more talent than I ever had," said Jacobsen, a one-time member of the Joy Boys with his brother Col Joye, and director of such venues as the Entertainment Centre and the Capitol Theatre, and concert promoter for visiting acts such as Barbra Streisand, the Three Tenors, the Bee Gees, and Michael Jackson

http://www.redorbit.com/news/entert..._boondocks_concert_at_vbc_with_bj_thomas_and/

Athens impersonator Kevin Adams will also perform. Adams has a repertoire of more than 100 singers he impersonates, from Michael Jackson to Miss Piggy.

http://www.chad.co.uk/leisure/Sun-shines-on-Summer-Music.4281360.jp
The first of the tribute acts was Girls R Aloud, covering all the pop hits from Number One stars Girls Aloud.

Next up was top Michael Jackson lookalike Navi, reputed to be the world's best Michael Jackson impersonator.

Michael Jackson HIStory for July 13, 2008:

1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Will You Be There" was released.

2004 - Michael Jackson's defense team, in his child molestation case, filed a motion requesting that the trail be delayed four months. The motion was sealed by Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville until July 26, the day before a hearing on it and other issues was to start

Awww, we got a new Mj fan :wub: Obama's daughta'.... see, nobody can deny Michael Jackson's awesomeness.

thanks for the mentionings.. lol! at the barack thing.. :)

:lol: Are you serious?

Aww, how cute of the Obama family! I'd pay to see Obama attempt the moonwalk, lol.

Ahhh, Michael is not the one they want to kill....the want Bush and they want him right now! Michael can go to a muslim country anytime he wants to and come back home safe. Bush would come back in a body bag....no two body bags....one the body and one for the head!

Haven't you heard all the stories about how popular Michael is with the children of Iraq? Michael chose a middle eastern country to chill in and recuperate from that ridiculous trial and was treated like family over there. Even being a Christian, Michael is a friend of the Muslim world. So what are you talking about?

If the US wants to catch Ben Laden, all they gotta do is send Michael over there and let him do a concert. Osama and all his friends would be there jamming with their faces covered and their AK47s on their shoulders. Boy wouldn't that be a sight to see!

Awww, we got a new Mj fan :wub: Obama's daughta'.... see, nobody can deny Michael Jackson's awesomeness.

I was wondering how this family felt about Michael. Now I know. They aint hating and that is good enough for me.

This is spooky. I just had a dream about Obama!

It was a newscast. The female reporter was talking about how Obama started to dance at some event where he was featured. The "footage" showed him kinda break dance and then he ran into the audience and did the moonwalk and then flipped back onto the stage!

I come onto this site and read D-M's post. It made me smile.

"Our daughter will have us turn on Michael Jackson, and she and our little one will perform for us," Michelle Obama said in 2004. "And Barack will get up and dance with them every now and then. ... He thinks he's a much better dancer than he is, but he's not bad."
how cute!

It was a newscast. The female reporter was talking about how Obama started to dance at some event where he was featured. The "footage" showed him kinda break dance and then he ran into the audience and did the moonwalk and then flipped back onto the stage!
:D nice dream, I would like to see him breakdancing and doing the moonwalk :rofl:

Back