Join in if you want direct communication with the MJ estate

I think that if Munich was the only HIStory tour concert recorded in HD then a Blu Ray of this show should be released HOWEVER I think they should get rid of the playback and use Mjs live vocals for as many of the songs as they can. Apparently Mj always sung the songs live behind the playback and these were always recorded. The live vocals don't have to be from the Munich show, they could be edited together from a number of different concerts.

Before anyone thinks this is over the top, remember TII's vocals were edited in a similiar way.

This way we would get an amazing HD quality looking concert and fans and the public couldnt complain about the playback issue. They could even use some different camera angles to give the concert a slightly 'new' feel for the fans that have seen it hundreds of times.

Last edited:
Would be nice if they make a new video mix for this and put some bits of live vocals, but somehow I doubt that. Because that would mean additional work and I think we know that those guys are sometimes bit lazy.
It's sort of already prepared for a release. Audio has been already mixed etc. It looks like as if it was prepared for a release already back then in '97, which we all know it was. I think the newly aired versions (WOWOW, ZDF-HD) are the exact copies of what they would release and we have them in excellent quality. That'd be a bit boring release.
But I do wish they'd make it more interesting for fans. I'm just sceptical as always :)

Would be nice if they make a new video mix for this and put some bits of live vocals, but somehow I doubt that. Because that would mean additional work and I think we know that those guys are sometimes bit lazy.
It's sort of already prepared for a release. Audio has been already mixed etc. It looks like as if it was prepared for a release already back then in '97, which we all know it was. I think the newly aired versions (WOWOW, ZDF-HD) are the exact copies of what they would release and we have them in excellent quality. That'd be a bit boring release.
But I do wish they'd make it more interesting for fans. I'm just sceptical as always :)

Michael wanted to add an additional 20 minutes of fans arriving in the stadium to the edit of the Munich 97' show, I hope they'll make that happen! would be awesome :) and they mixed wembley audio themselves, they just opted to use what was heard by The crowd, which I respect of course! although it should've had Michael's full out live vocals on each song on the CD in my opinion! my hopes for Munich (as recorded on Multitracks) would be Heal the World, You Are Not Alone, Stranger in Moscow, Billie Jean and Blood On The Dancefloor mixed from the recording of Michael's live microphone, along with WBSS & J5 medley, it would just make it a little more special :)

One issue though. As his vocals wouldn't have been projected over the speakers (for most of the songs anyway), there would be absolutely no reason for him to put his best into singing like he would during the Bad tour.

As such, if they do have his vocals, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were a lot more 'half-assed' and not that great (and fair enough - he's focusing a lot more on the dancing/choreography. That's the only time I excuse lipsyncing, when the artist is constantly performing complicated choreography).

Munich was the only show that was recorded on early HD cameras, it wasn't captured on film. If they would ever release a HIStory tour, Munich would be the one. It's bluray worthy.

If Munich is the only HIStory concert that can be released then don't release it! I'd rather see NO HIStory concerts than see Munich.

I don't give a crap if Munich is is crystal clear, eye dazzling, jaw dropping, HD quality. MJ's performance was lacking

One issue though. As his vocals wouldn't have been projected over the speakers (for most of the songs anyway), there would be absolutely no reason for him to put his best into singing like he would during the Bad tour.

As such, if they do have his vocals, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were a lot more 'half-assed' and not that great (and fair enough - he's focusing a lot more on the dancing/choreography. That's the only time I excuse lipsyncing, when the artist is constantly performing complicated choreography).

Exactly.

But they could put some effort into finding the best bits he possibly sang and incorporate them in so that would make it more live-ish. Similiar like how MJ did YRMW in MSG.

If Munich is the only HIStory concert that can be released then don't release it! I'd rather see NO HIStory concerts than see Munich.

I don't give a crap if Munich is is crystal clear, eye dazzling, jaw dropping, HD quality. MJ's performance was lacking

Best thing is that we already have it in dazzling quality.

Best thing is that we already have it in dazzling quality.

No. For me MJ's performance comes first and i'll take the average quality 1988 Wembley over the HD 1997 Munich anyday. Munich looks pretty but the performance is lacking. I always focus on MJ's performance and not if something is in HD or not.

No. For me MJ's performance comes first and i'll take the average quality 1988 Wembley over the HD 1997 Munich anyday. Munich looks pretty but the performance is lacking. I always focus on MJ's performance and not if something is in HD or not.

Obviously. What I was saying is that it's not worth to release it unless they do something with it, different video and audio mix or whatever. I don't think we can choose anything here because Munich will be released. I just hope they make it more interesting instead of just releasing a copy of ZDF-HD broadcast.

Obviously. What I was saying is that it's not worth to release it unless they do something with it, different video and audio mix or whatever. I don't think we can choose anything here because Munich will be released. I just hope they make it more interesting instead of just releasing a copy of ZDF-HD broadcast.

Ah ok. Misunderstood you

Add the 20 minutes of the fans arriving in the stadium like Michael wanted for the edit, mix it differently focusing on Michael more than they did in the ZDF edit.. I'd go for the camera angles as July 4th unedited! with live vocals for at least You Are Not Alone and Heal The World + maybe stranger in Moscow, those Song's have virtually no choreography, Michael's voice would've been less lacking! that's the mix I would go for. And, DTS-HD Master Audio, if this show is released.. I wanna hear it in lossless quality.

If Michael was using playback for a song, he's not gonna sing live.

The recording of his actual mic might actually have him singing along parts of the song, but him knowing the audience isn't hearing it, he would probably do it lightly/softly/spotty/missing lines here and there/breathing louder/etc.

If they are unable to use the real live vocals either because they aren't good enough or whether they just don't exist then perhaps it's possible to use MJs own rehearsal versions of the songs? Remember in rehearsal every song was sung live without playback. and I agree with the above post about remixing the camera shots. the crowd was for the most part very subdued and don't add alot to the excitement of the show. hence I feel they should cut out the audience completely and just use shots of MJ and the stage. This would also give it a nice intimate feel.

I feel this show is actually very underrated simply because it has been watched to death. It is actually a great performance. If this were to be released the estate need to make this feel as 'new' as they possibly can, they can achieve this by mixing real live vocals instead of the playback and using different camera angles for some of the shots (cut out the audience).

If they don't release Yoko because everyone has it, why would they do Munich? Doesn't make sense. I will not change my opinion on the Victory Tour either. People protested a great release in Bad 25 (could've been better but 25 years of waiting for a 2nd leg show) but I think it's important people enjoy the releases or else you'll lose interest and nitpick everything. There's no fun anymore. The Jackson family has only ever been out for themselves and no one else, the only time they wanted to help Michael was to get him to tour again, so **** the lot of them, but some people obviously want it so y'know whatever floats your boat.

So, you don't want a Victory tour release because the brothers will get money from it?

*slowly backs away from the crazy person*

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Really? You think they should NOT release ANY Jacksons material just because YOU don't like the idea that they get a few bucks from it?

ugh

Honestly, i dont really think we need a HIStory tour release.. There is already TONS of footage widely available in stunning high def quality.. to me it would be a waste of a release.. i wish the next few years went a little something like this:

* Destiny, Triumph, Victory Tour release.

* Triple Album (box set) of music Michael was working on during his final years (2006-2009)

(disc 1)
I Was the Loser
Boy No
Adore You
Days In Gloucestershire
I Am A Loser
Jungle
Rocker
Light The Way
11pm
King Tutankhamun
People The World

(disc 2)
Butter Funk
Green Hornet Groove
Photographs 2 (instrumental)
Pray For Peace (instrumental)
That (instrumental)
Michael's Affirmation (instrumental)
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #1
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #3
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #2
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ

(disc 3)
Bang Your Head
Broken Chair
D.I.E.
Don't Make Me Stay
H20
Lady of Summer
Red Eye
Silent Spring
Water

* Dangerous 25
24weih4.jpg
[/IMG]

(disc 1)
Original Album Remastered

(disc 2)
Outtakes/Demos:
Men In Black
Bottle of Smoke
Michael McKellar

(disc 3)
Remixes and Extended Versions.
remixes like this:
(Dangerous Extended Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpNrCQm_SmI
(In The Closet Extended Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JG1yqepn8s
(Who Is It Extended Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ypnrMOhEJo
(Remember The Time Extended Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3nI29pn8FI
Etc...

Dangerous Tour Dress Rehearsals (Not the surfacing rehearsals held at Neverland)

Making of Dangerous (Footage of Michael in the studio recording, and also commentary from people who worked on the album)

Dangerous Tour DVD ( Not Bucharest)

and then memorabilia like concert tickets, posters,etc...

* Classical Music Album
Michael was working on an album of Classical music at the time of his passing, and recorded demos (probably demonstrating different instrumentations by singing the parts)
During the spring of 2009, Michael had a meeting with composer David Michael Frank.
"Jackson had his oldest son, Prince, retrieve a demo he had recorded, and together, he and Frank listened to it. "It's very pretty music," Frank recalls. "One piece had an Irish Quality about it. I suggested we use a Celtic Harp. The pieces sounded like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa- that kind of John Barry score. I could hear )in my head) sweeping strings and French horns in Unison"
Release both the finished, complete compositions.. As well as Michael's demos for the pieces.

* More This Is It Footage
I'd love to see all of the footage released in a big box set type release.. However that is not going to happen..
I would however like to see at least 5 hours of footage, including creative meetings, brainstorming sessions, and rehearsals held at Center Staging, The Forum, and The Staples Center.. This doesn't need to be a release for theaters... This needs to be "For The Fans"

You want to preserve Michael Jackson's Legacy? Well how about you stop treating him like he's a current "pop star" and start treating him like who he was, which is the most influential artist of all time, the greatest performer of all time, and one of the most artist geniuses the world has ever known.. THAT is how his legacy should be treated.

that's your opinion, but they can unfocus the background and just keep Michael in focus ;)

Not happening.

The VICTORY tour was friggin' awesome; the costumes, the staging, the choreography, Michael's voice, the crowds. From every footage or pictures I've seen from tour, MJ was really the king. 99% of the songs were. Michael Jackson songs. We won't even notice it's a Jacksons show.

Michael was in the prime of his fame. If this is shot on film, now is the time to release this ASAP.

Honestly, i dont really think we need a HIStory tour release.. There is already TONS of footage widely available in stunning high def quality.. to me it would be a waste of a release..

Absolutely not. You can find lots of concert footage from him online, but it's not like they were officially released.

The average fan might not even know about these things, let alone have seen them before.

Just because Yokohama has been online forever doesn't mean it shouldn't get some sort of official release (at some point), and HIStory tour as well. Just because there's footage of full shows online doesn't invalidate a release.

I think they have already enough money. Do you think one Victory concert release more or less would affect anything?

Yeah, and I think people overestimate royalties from stuff like this. What little amount they would get is split 5 to 6 ways, so yeah.

I don't care if all the money from the Victory Tour goes to Tiddles The Cat. I just wanna see it released

New Album, end of 2013. Next Year Victory Tour BLU RAY!!! (from existing!! film reels), This is it Live CD *optional. 2015: Munich Re-edit of visuals, audio, new intro. 2016: Dangerous 25, 2017: BAD Tour Blu-Ray, BOTDF/Ghosts 20th, 2018: Moonwalker 30th.. etc. hope the thread starts soon. wanting to write up everything right now.

Oh, and if Victory tour release, Victory tour accompanying live CD.

ALSO, and this is reaching, but why not throw on the DVD the music videos for BODY and TORTURE?
I get not putting it on VISIONS (as Michael wasn't in them...well, a mannequin was, but ...)
What other time or place will there be to put those 2 music videos out? They're awesomely 80's!

And hell, the live music video for Billie Jean, too (as it would be a different edit from the concert version, plus the neat intro).

ACTUALLY, the intro for that Billie Jean video COULD be the intro to the concert film itself (it's very similar to the intro for the Wembley DVD).

DO IT.

Oh, and if Victory tour release, Victory tour accompanying live CD.

ALSO, and this is reaching, but why not throw on the DVD the music videos for BODY and TORTURE?
I get not putting it on VISIONS (as Michael wasn't in them...well, a mannequin was, but ...)
What other time or place will there be to put those 2 music videos out? They're awesomely 80's!

And hell, the live music video for Billie Jean, too (as it would be a different edit from the concert version, plus the neat intro).

ACTUALLY, the intro for that Billie Jean video COULD be the intro to the concert film itself (it's very similar to the intro for the Wembley DVD).

DO IT.

the 9 minute version you're referring to? its Chicago, it was filmed for the purpose of being a theatrical movie. they filmed the whole day, from set up. to stage building. to laying the chairs, to fans arriving, all on 35mm! it needs releasing! URGENTLY.

Not happening.

The VICTORY tour was friggin' awesome; the costumes, the staging, the choreography, Michael's voice, the crowds. From every footage or pictures I've seen from tour, MJ was really the king. 99% of the songs were. Michael Jackson songs. We won't even notice it's a Jacksons show.

Michael was in the prime of his fame. If this is shot on film, now is the time to release this ASAP.

I was joking when I said that :p it is on film, a huge amount of 35mm! planned theatrical movie of the Chicago concert, as I wrote in previous post. it is all on 35mm film. now, it needs to be scanned at 4k. mastered to 1080p for Blu-Ray! 576p for DVD, and the high quality audio, mastered to DTS-HD Master Audio (Lossless quality.) please John, John & Howard! :)

Hopefully not ruining key dance moves of MJ with cuts to audience members :D

I get the face paced editing for the music video, but not for the full thing.

Remember the part where Michael is doing the spin walk and it cut to the white woman screaming? I HATE THAT PART. They ruined that awesome spin walk with that.

Ok tomorrow Thursday Aug 8 we will launch (1) MJJC members Submit your messages to the MJ Estate/MJ Online Team. thread. Then once we get a few submissions in that thread, we will post the connection thread (2)MJJC Official Connection for the MJ Online Team.

*slowly backs away from the crazy person*

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Really? You think they should NOT release ANY Jacksons material just because YOU don't like the idea that they get a few bucks from it?

ugh

They can release it, I've got no problem with that. I've got a problem with that lazy, good for nothing family of his. His own mother laughed about the way he looked yet it "hurt her deeply when people call him stuff" puh-lease. So, if they release it, good for everyone who wants it, but I certainly don't.

Back