Join in if you want direct communication with the MJ estate

If you do that it may be overlooked. I recommend a more specific posts to a 1 idea or theme would get more attention. Some may not like all the ideas so they won't click *thank you* under it to show it is a popular request or idea with the fans. Best to keep it short and sweet IMO. I suggest to Make post several specific request rather than write a book.

so youre saying i spent five months creating an 11 year wishlist for the estate with each specific detail for nothing? :O joking of course, i respect what you are doing :) although, the 5 month definitive wishlist thing is true *.*

I don't expect them to "fulfill requests", at all :( But maybe there will be something, even in some passing comment, in discussion of pros and cons, of marketing approaches that they haven't considered... Something that will eventually develop in some direction. Who knows. That's why I'm for open approach rather than submitting "cleaned" version. It would give them more food for thought, and that's all we can count on here, really.

We don't even know if they are interested at all. There were occasions in the past when fans made themselves heard loud and clear, yet were ignored.

I don't expect them to "fulfill requests", at all :( But maybe there will be something, even in some passing comment, in discussion of pros and cons, of marketing approaches that they haven't considered... Something that will eventually develop in some direction. Who knows. That's why I'm for open approach rather than submitting "cleaned" version. It would give them more food for thought, and that's all we can count on here, really.

We don't even know if they are interested at all. There were occasions in the past when fans made themselves heard loud and clear, yet were ignored.

dont give up hope, the petition for michael's greatest performance of all time worked, sure it aint the best quality, but fans campaign inspired the release. they do have film reels in the archive, but honestly, im glad they arent rushing those thing's out, maybe one blu-ray every 5 years? i know it seems a long time but thing's need to be preserved, this generation experienced michael in person and before their eyes, it only seems fair that future generations see each of michael's expressions, gifts, and magic in the best quality, thats a positive that i support with the upmost request :)

Qbee, why do you want yo hide the discussion and different fans' opinions on ideas from MJ online team and put a extra layer in between, that's what I don't get.

But whatever you say. I'll probably just email them some things myself.

Because it is not to be a negative thing. It's is not about complaining or bashing over past issues. Certain fans will spam that thread with it and with insults and then arguments will abound and we all know that. (why would we create a platform for that??? ) It is more on the platform of our Q & A forum where fans submit questions and we send them out. But this wont be questions sent out only statements (because there is no answers to receive) There isn't even a guarantee any ones request would be forwarded or acted on by the estate. It's just a place for fans to express their thoughts hopes and ideas .

This is a specific positive project about looking to the future. Not the same old **** . I want Something positive for fans to focus on. We have enough negative going on to make us weep ... we need something to hope for and a way to express that hope. Why do you feel your ideas or opinion wouldn't be allowed.? Also I don't see anything wrong with you or anyone submitting respectful constructive criticism as long as it has a purpose other than just to bash insult or complain. I'm really Sorry you are disappointed . I am trying my best to create something good for us

so youre saying i spent five months creating an 11 year wishlist for the estate with each specific detail for nothing? :O joking of course, i respect what you are doing :) although, the 5 month definitive wishlist thing is true *.*

Hey if you want to submit it that way go ahead.:) I was just making a helpful suggestion and I told you the reason why.

Hey if you want to submit it that way go ahead.:) I was just making a helpful suggestion and I told you the reason why.

their's a lot but i think it would look a lot more presentable and proffessional, other than scattered sentences you know :) thank you so much, god bless you :heart:

my one post will be each of my ideas, in a huge list, with release dates, special features and bonus' :) hope y'all like :)

everyone's biased against me so i know mine wont be considered but, ah well..... :(

Maybe you should scale down a bit.
I haven't even seen your ideas, but I'm already feeling like
tumblr_mcjirkdivk1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

The fact that you're even writing up release dates is a bit much, too.

Assuming anyone important is going to read these ideas, you don't want your stuff to get lost in the shuffle because of too much to say.

And they should be realistic. They are not going to release a large amount of unreleased songs in ONE release. There are probably tons more Bad-era songs in the vault that will come out slowly over time.

And seeing as how BAD 25 didn't do so well, I don't know how many more 5 disc sets you expect to come out. We'll be lucky if a Dangerous box set is similar (hopefully).

Or, whatever. We're all just killing time here.

tumblr_mn04n3iTD71qdl5f4o1_500.jpg

Maybe you should scale down a bit.
I haven't even seen your ideas, but I'm already feeling like
tumblr_mcjirkdivk1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

The fact that you're even writing up release dates is a bit much, too.

Assuming anyone important is going to read these ideas, you don't want your stuff to get lost in the shuffle because of too much to say.

And they should be realistic. They are not going to release a large amount of unreleased songs in ONE release. There are probably tons more Bad-era songs in the vault that will come out slowly over time.

And seeing as how BAD 25 didn't do so well, I don't know how many more 5 disc sets you expect to come out. We'll be lucky if a Dangerous box set is similar (hopefully).

Or, whatever. We're all just killing time here.

tumblr_mn04n3iTD71qdl5f4o1_500.jpg

i said i came up with possible release dates for example dangerous 25: november 26th 2016.. etc... not that i'll write them on my list. and i havent included a lot of song's in each album, its split between previously released and few unreleased song's split into acapella album, demo's album, decade albums, lp box sets etc. please dont judge anything, nor anyone's ideas until this project begins.

Last edited:
dont give up hope, the petition for michael's greatest performance of all time worked, sure it aint the best quality, but fans campaign inspired the release.

If you are talking about Wembley, the release of a Bad tour show was planned since 2010 and the quality issues were already known back then, so I don't think the petition had much to do with it.

Because it is not to be a negative thing. It's is not about complaining or bashing over past issues. Certain fans will spam that thread with it and with insults and then arguments will abound and we all know that. (why would we create a platform for that??? )

People might actually be not as bad as you think of them. :) I haven't seen anyone on this board insulting the estate in a long time, and even if you go to the most controversial "Michael" thread were all people do for the last 3 years is hating on the Cascio songs released by the estate - even there nobody is attacking anyone. So why would they start doing that in a discussion about project ideas? Every topic goes offtopic every now and then, but it's nothing that can't be corrected by an ordinary moderation.

Another aspect of this, is that it would be a delicate situation for them to act on someone's direct requests. If they ever do something that was "submitted" to them, the person can claim that their idea was stolen, or other people whose ideas also were submitted will think that the estate gave a preference to one group of fans over the other, etc. But if they do something that was just discussed back and forth by people in a common discussion thread - it's a different situation ethically, they can always say that they just "attend to fans' wishes" without obvious credits and names.

Okay, I feel weird now trying to psychoanalyze an entity and people I know almost nothing about... Let me stop at this, I think I've expressed my opinion clearly enough.

Last edited:
me tooooooooooooooooooooo :) and as theyre digitising everything in the archive including the existing FILM REELS *.* for fulll BAD TOUR AND DANGEROUS TOUR SHOWS *.* i think it needs to be seen soon :') about october 2015, 4 disc package with 3 shows on Blu-Ray and a 4th disc with extensive rehearsals, moments with michael, behind the scenes and interviews?

Yes, just like I suggested above ! They could also have newsreels and stuff, similar to the opening of the Live at Wembley dvd :D

Yes, just like I suggested above ! They could also have newsreels and stuff, similar to the opening of the Live at Wembley dvd :D

i saw some footage of michael walking up steps onto the stage, which i believe to be 1988, not sure where it came from at this moment in time, and their is so much footage on film of them preparing the stadium, interviewing the fans before and after the show, fans arriving in the stadium, opening of the show, with the moonwalk in l.e.d lights on stage as the lights rise up slowly etc. they could make it into a blockbuster movie, it really could be something special :)

Qbee, why do you want yo hide the discussion and different fans' opinions on ideas from MJ online team and put a extra layer in between, that's what I don't get.

But whatever you say. I'll probably just email them some things myself.

It's all for L.O.V.E.!

This way we can prevent unorganized things going to the estate. From a business point of view it is important that an idea or presentation is straight to the point and most of it all, highly profitable.

This beautiful board is taking our hands and take us a little closer to the MJ estate, which is now basically a one way traffic.

It's all for L.O.V.E.!

This way we can prevent unorganized things going to the estate. From a business point of view it is important that an idea or presentation is straight to the point and most of it all, highly profitable.

This beautiful board is taking our hands and take us a little closer to the MJ estate, which is now basically a one way traffic.

very true indeed :) the most profitable area for business in my opinion will be theatrical releases with proper promotion, just look at this is it, that grossed like 263 million dollars, cos' of it being promoted worldwide for many months before it's showing, and still for the reason of people seeing the undeniable king of music on the big screen, as the light's go down, and the speakers booming with electric excitement, its as close you'll get to seeing him live, i for one am extremely happy theyre digitising everything including BAD, DANGEROUS, HIStory, Victory 35mm film reels, they deserve special releases, even if it's for their respective 40th anniversaries, earliest being the victory tour in 2024.. i'd still go and see them, because it would give me a glimpse into what it would feel like being at those memorable shows, as i simply was born in the wrong generation, praying we get those shows from the film masters :) ooh, and btw, watch bad tour unleashed, its made up of 16 & 35mm film footage shot by patrick kelley (credited in the ending credits) and will pechi (as we know who filmed the 87' footage) :) i have faith the estate will be on board, as michael said, ''their's nothing that can't be done, if we raise our voice as one'' L.O.V.E :heart: :)

lool
tumblr_mea9vjzHnr1rxh367.gif

I was pointing out that you don't want to over do it is all.

let's see who has better ideas, when the project is underway. and since dave powell has revealed that their are few film reels exist, including several song's from minneapolis and aintree 1988.. i have lowered the discs for bad tour anniversary release to two, first disc being either aintree or minneapolis. second disc, various rehearsals, moments with michael on tour, interactive photo gallery. including extras, bad tour vintage t-shirt, concert ticket, scarf, poster etc. it would be simple, but having just one show in full HD from the greatest tour ever performed would be magical.

proof that several song's from minneapolis are on film, look at the man in the mirror segment, equal camera angles to what was featured in moonwalker just not cropped. filmed with 16 & 35mm, edited on tape.

skip to 35 seconds to 16 & 35mm film footage of BAD performed in minneapolis 1988, and a short snippet from the european leg.

Last edited:
I've seen all I need to see for the Bad tour, we have Yokohama, Wembley and quite a few other shows incomplete/bad quality. HIStory also has several shows, so the best thing would be Dangerous Tour. The 1992 shows were the best Michael Jackson ever was on stage, he was energetic and also had this slight aggression never done before/after, it really was the best tour. More Dangerous releases please!

the most profitable area for business in my opinion will be theatrical releases with proper promotion, just look at this is it, that grossed like 263 million dollars, cos' of it being promoted worldwide for many months before it's showing, and still for the reason of people seeing the undeniable king of music on the big screen

You seem to be forgetting that it was a few months after his death, so naturally some people would still be riding that 'Michael Jackson has died' wave. I'd definitely go see an MJ show in the theatres but because realistic, I highly doubt it'll be as successful as This Is It. It is, after all, the most successive documentary/concert film of all time.

I would like to see the unseen TII it rehearsals, although that is very unlikely to happen, due to all the horrible info coming out of the tria.l

I've seen all I need to see for the Bad tour, we have Yokohama, Wembley and quite a few other shows incomplete/bad quality. HIStory also has several shows, so the best thing would be Dangerous Tour. The 1992 shows were the best Michael Jackson ever was on stage, he was energetic and also had this slight aggression never done before/after, it really was the best tour. More Dangerous releases please!

the BAD World Tour is Michael's greatest tour of all time with most Song's being performed with live vocals, energetic and raw. we have two less than DVD quality shows and 2 worse than VHS quality shows. their are at least 5 shows from the tour recorded on 16 & 35mm film.. they are digitising the whole archive. Most fans would certainly go for a show with very little playback compared to the Dangerous tour in which is more playback than not. I hope they will listen and they will give us at least 1 show in HD in the next 5-7 years.

the BAD World Tour is Michael's greatest tour of all time with most Song's being performed with live vocals, energetic and raw. we have two less than DVD quality shows and 2 worse than VHS quality shows. their are at least 5 shows from the tour recorded on 16 & 35mm film.. they are digitising the whole archive. Most fans would certainly go for a show with very little playback compared to the Dangerous tour in which is more playback than not. I hope they will listen and they will give us at least 1 show in HD in the next 5-7 years.

I agree, I believe they must have HQ video of it.

You seem to be forgetting that it was a few months after his death, so naturally some people would still be riding that 'Michael Jackson has died' wave. I'd definitely go see an MJ show in the theatres but because realistic, I highly doubt it'll be as successful as This Is It. It is, after all, the most successive documentary/concert film of all time.

it's not any more.. we need Michael back on top! and the bad tour can 100% achieve that IMO.

it's not any more.. we need Michael back on top! and the bad tour can 100% achieve that IMO.

I do agree that it won't be as popular as TII, but I also agree, that with the right promotion it could make him much more popular.

Yes it still is - worldwide that is. Justin Bieber's Never Say Never topped it, but only in the United States market. However worldwide, This Is It reigns king.

With the right marketing, I believe the Bad tour could be successful, but I would actually be surprised if it surpassed This Is It's earnings.

let's see who has better ideas, when the project is underway. and since dave powell has revealed that their are few film reels exist, including several song's from minneapolis and aintree 1988.. i have lowered the discs for bad tour anniversary release to two, first disc being either aintree or minneapolis. second disc, various rehearsals, moments with michael on tour, interactive photo gallery. including extras, bad tour vintage t-shirt, concert ticket, scarf, poster etc. it would be simple, but having just one show in full HD from the greatest tour ever performed would be magical.

proof that several song's from minneapolis are on film, look at the man in the mirror segment, equal camera angles to what was featured in moonwalker just not cropped. filmed with 16 & 35mm, edited on tape.

skip to 35 seconds to 16 & 35mm film footage of BAD performed in minneapolis 1988, and a short snippet from the european leg.

Actually those are JumboTron footage. Film cameras were placed near to the normal cameras:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...n-film/page9?p=3728076&viewfull=1#post3728076

Camera angles are a little different. :)

Last edited:

I agree, I would like to see some more of the early '92 concerts in HQ. Not late '92 and not '93. He was on fire during early - mid first leg.

I do think we have enough of Bad tour. Unlikely we will see anything new any time soon from this tour. Although it would be nice having it in proper quality. I'd rather watch some great Dangerous gig where he was improved way more as dancer and was still on fire unlike History tour. And playback is well balanced sort of 50/50 although I always like it less.

I think there are probably 2 new concerts we ca expect to see in future, 1 for certain although nearly not as exciting.

1. Munich in HD 3D. (meh)
2. Possibly Dangerous gig for Dangerous 25.
3. Bad tour? I guess we can hope but I can't imagine it anytime soon.

Last edited:
Some of the clips in the first video labeled as Minneapolis is from Rome

In regards to the Minneapolis MTV clip thing, the shot of MJ dancing with kids from BAD (from a European show, obviously) appears to be film. It has a different look to it (and it looks like handheld camera on stage left).

I think thats what Zakk was referring to.

Back