Join in if you want direct communication with the MJ estate

Not yet. Im going to submit it first to Gaz and the staff. Will be a day or two.

you can post in here untill then

Awesome!!!! That is a great idea!! United We Stand!

Should I create such a thread or will you guys do it? I'm asking this to prevent double threads.

wait untill I present the project to Gaz and staff. I will see if you can open the first thread though.
We may have to do it as official through members service account. If so I will credit you for the inspiration :)
I let you know .. Gaz is busy and may not respond right away.

of what is available in the archive, my ideas are based on raw films and audio that would be possible to digitise, as well as previously released material compiled from the original album masters, and newly sourced short film scans :)

wait untill I present the project to Gaz and staff. I will see if you can open the first thread though.
We may have to do it as official through members service account. If so I will credit you for the inspiration :)
I let you know .. Gaz is busy and may not respond right away.

did you read my quick draft of ideas? what did you think? :')

Yes, can we make this now so I place ideas out? :)

My ideas will be short, to the point, and realistic.
90207_o.gif
90207_o.gif
very important. worried people will demand 50 disc blu-ray box-sets.

How about this for a title ? Post your ideas, suggestions and requests to MJ Estate.
Please post any suggestions . I am mainly concerned about arguments derailing the thread. I know not all will agree. I feel this is important, So I suggest no debates in that thread and we could use use this thread to debate or discuss ideas to post in the request thread. I'm just pondering right now how we can make this work to the benefit of all. Lets hear some more feedback from those who are interested.

Yes, there probably should be a strict policy: only discuss ideas and future projects, but not the estate executors and no complaining about past projects. And it needs to be moderated, like some other more controversial threads on the board.

I think one thread would be enough. If mods pick and choose ideas, and clean them from all opinions, it will look unfair to some people. The estate can read whatever they want anyway, the purpose of this is to just bring it in one place for their convenience instead of scattered across the board.

There is no need for extra tools, imo, a person with brains will be able to understand the concerns and wishes just from the discussion. And maybe fish out some creative ideas too. Additionally ideas can be "voted" by number of "thank you"s below the post and just by the number of times they come up in a discussion - to indicate popularity.

Now, whether the Estate needs input from fans - that's another question. Maybe they have every release planned for 5 years ahead, for all we know... But we as fans would certainly like our ideas to be heard and considered :)

Last edited:
Yes, there probably should be a strict policy: only discuss ideas and future projects, but not the estate executors and no complaining about past projects. And it needs to be moderated, like some other more controversial threads on the board.

I think one thread would be enough. If mods pick and choose ideas, and clean them from all opinions, it will look unfair to some people. The estate can read whatever they want anyway, the purpose of this is to just bring it in one place for their convenience instead of scattered across the board.

There is no need for extra tools, imo, a person with brains will be able to understand the concerns and wishes just from the discussion. And maybe fish out some creative ideas too. Additionally ideas can be "voted" by number of "thank you"s below the post and just by the number of times they come up in a discussion - to indicate popularity.

Now, whether the Estate needs input from fans - that's another question. Maybe they have every release planned for 5 years ahead, for all we know... But we as fans would certainly like our ideas to be heard and considered :)

it is a fantastic idea, many fans have very defined and straight to the point ideas, raw footage and audio with minimal editing would be my personal preference, it would be a joy if fans could eventually be the driving force into the estate becoming hugely successful and keeping michael's legacy alive, the way it should be :)

of what is available in the archive, my ideas are based on raw films and audio that would be possible to digitise, as well as previously released material compiled from the original album masters, and newly sourced short film scans :)

I think I read somewhere that they have started to digitalise a lot of MJ's stuff as of a year or two ago :)

Edit: I also think it may be important to have a rule that posts have to be realistic (as others have mentioned above). Like asking for hundreds of anniversary releases isn't exactly realistic (I'm talking stuff like 'Bad 30', 'Bad 35' etc). I definitely have nothing against thinking outside of the box (in-fact I encourage it !) but I think we just have to be realistic, thats all :)

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that they have started to digitalise a lot of MJ's stuff as of a year or two ago :)

Edit: I also think it may be important to have a rule that posts have to be realistic (as others have mentioned above). Like asking for hundreds of anniversary releases isn't exactly realistic (I'm talking stuff like 'Bad 30', 'Bad 35' etc). I definitely have nothing against thinking outside of the box (in-fact I encourage it !) but I think we just have to be realistic, thats all :)

yes, they did start digitising the entire archive including film masters and multitrack masters on each seperate track and document to where they should be, the film reels are most challenging but im glad they have started digitising them too :) as for realisation, i believe the bad tour 30th anniversary would be a great time to release a 5 disc package with one show from 87' 88' & 89' (depends on what they have, but as david said they have liverpool in full on film, that is the blu-ray i would like to see most) as long as we get one perfect blu-ray, i wouldnt mind if the other two are dvd based, meaning they can preserve the higher resolution aspects of film in the archive for future generations :) but in my opinion, what is more likely to happen would be BAD Tour 40th, but like many, i'd prefer not to wait too long ;)

yes, they did start digitising the entire archive including film masters and multitrack masters on each seperate track and document to where they should be, the film reels are most challenging but im glad they have started digitising them too :)

Most wonderful :D
as for realisation, i believe the bad tour 30th anniversary would be a great time to release a 5 disc package with one show from 87' 88' & 89' (depends on what they have, but as david said they have liverpool in full on film, that is the blu-ray i would like to see most) as long as we get one perfect blu-ray, i wouldnt mind if the other two are dvd based, meaning they can preserve the higher resolution aspects of film in the archive for future generations :) but in my opinion, what is more likely to happen would be BAD Tour 40th, but like many, i'd prefer not to wait too long ;)
It'll be weird if they release a Bad 30 to be honest. They already celebrated the album and to celebrate it again a mere 5 years later just seems... idk off/unnecessary. Why wait for anniversaries though ? While I'd strongly prefer an album of new material this year, there's nothing stopping them from releasing a new show next year !! They could probably have a boxset of MJ's three (solo) tours.

The first three discs, of course, contain their respective tours. Disc 4 has multiple extras, such as rehearsals and maybe a documentary about the three tours (How each one came about, their impact etc etc). They did something like that for the Indiana Jones and Star Wars boxsets actually. Have the films on a disc each with no extra features on the disc, allowing them to have the best transfer possible then having Disc 4 jam-packed with features. Now I accept there would be more footage for an actual movie (behind the scenes, bloopers, deleted/alternative scenes etc etc), they could still put some extras on this Disc 4. Maybe along with the aforementioned documentary and rehearsals (not full rehearsals (as that would obviously take up way too much space) but perhaps highlights), we could have a photo gallery on there full of posters advertising the tour, photos of the tickets, multiple BADASS photos from the tour. While the amount of extra footage they have could vary, we all know there's no shortage of badass photos from these tours ;) (And yes, they could of course have a booklet too).

I can't wait to begin! This could be a great achievement from all of us. Hopefully with success!!

Two thumbs up!

yes, they did start digitising the entire archive including film masters and multitrack masters on each seperate track and document to where they should be, the film reels are most challenging but im glad they have started digitising them too :) as for realisation, i believe the bad tour 30th anniversary would be a great time to release a 5 disc package with one show from 87' 88' & 89' (depends on what they have, but as david said they have liverpool in full on film, that is the blu-ray i would like to see most) as long as we get one perfect blu-ray, i wouldnt mind if the other two are dvd based, meaning they can preserve the higher resolution aspects of film in the archive for future generations :) but in my opinion, what is more likely to happen would be BAD Tour 40th, but like many, i'd prefer not to wait too long ;)

I think concert releases can happen in any year. It doesn't have to be anniversary year because I don't want to wait 5 years. :D My dream release is any Bad Tour concert on Blu-Ray/DVD from the film reels.

I think concert releases can happen in any year. It doesn't have to be anniversary year because I don't want to wait 5 years. :D My dream release is any Bad Tour concert on Blu-Ray/DVD from the film reels.

me tooooooooooooooooooooo :) and as theyre digitising everything in the archive including the existing FILM REELS *.* for fulll BAD TOUR AND DANGEROUS TOUR SHOWS *.* i think it needs to be seen soon :') about october 2015, 4 disc package with 3 shows on Blu-Ray and a 4th disc with extensive rehearsals, moments with michael, behind the scenes and interviews?

me tooooooooooooooooooooo :) and as theyre digitising everything in the archive including the existing FILM REELS *.* for fulll BAD TOUR AND DANGEROUS TOUR SHOWS *.* i think it needs to be seen soon :') about october 2015, 4 disc package with 3 shows on Blu-Ray and a 4th disc with extensive rehearsals, moments with michael, behind the scenes and interviews?

I wouldn't expect more than one concert in one release. I would be very surprised if anybody would release two concert at the same time.

Last edited:
I think it would be a great idea, but I already know 90% of questions would be about the Cascio tracks. Not a bad thing of course, but if I had the time to talk to an estate executive, I would ask him about Michael's unreleased material, how much is left, what we can expect, what era is the most profitable for unreleased material, etc.

It's not about asking (they don't do Q&A) - it's about brainstorming ideas and expressing our dreams and desires :)

It's not about asking (they don't do Q&A) - it's about brainstorming ideas and expressing our dreams and desires :)

very true, ive had a wishlist of projects planned out up until 2023 :)

DANGEROUS 25: possible unreleased song's and demo's for disc 2.

1. Alright Now
2. Bottle Of Smoke
3. Men In Black
4. California Grass - Completed in 1993 (failed to make the Dangerous Album)
5. (12 O' Clock) Do you know where your children Are?
6. Fever
7. Heaven Is Here
8. If You Don't Love Me
9. Joy
10. Michael McKellar
11. Pressure
12. Serious Effect
13. Seven Bright New Stars? (crediting: Bryan Loren & D. Black)
14. Seven Digits (Crediting: Bryan Loren)
15. She Got It
16. Mind Is The Magic A.K.A Sigfreid & Roy (not sure if i spelt sigfreid right, hehe)
17. To Satisfy You (solo version known to exist)
18. Verdicts (not sure if complete)
19. Work That Body

Source: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/node/1236407 :) hope we get at least 7-8 of these in the package along with a few other gifts :)

I think it would be a great idea, but I already know 90% of questions would be about the Cascio tracks. Not a bad thing of course, but if I had the time to talk to an estate executive, I would ask him about Michael's unreleased material, how much is left, what we can expect, what era is the most profitable for unreleased material, etc.

Posts will not be about past issues, Cascio tracks etc. and insults will not be allowed. ( We all know estate is fully aware of all that) The idea for this project was inspired by fans in this thread who wanted to respectfully express as you would like, wishes for future release, their ideas and hopes for future projects by the Estate. etc. This project also wont be a Q & A .. so need to ask questions (there are no answers)

This is not about talking to an estate executive, or even receiving any replies,from the mjonlineteam or anyone. But we are discussing possibly sending a link to MJonline team to view a thread and if they wish give feedback to estate on whatever ??. We know they don't report or give feedback to estate on everything they come across. Its really not that much different than twitter except Mjonline team will be sent a direct link to the thread on our board to view and fans can express their wishes concerns and ideas in more detail.

To make this work Posts will be submitted in seperate thread for review and discussion before they are even moved to the MJonline team thread. The best, most popular and any respectful requests ideas. concerns etc. posts will be considered.

But Before we even decide to create such a project. I want everyone to be aware of what it is and especially what is Isn't ... We don't want it to crumble .. If we decide to do this I want it to be a positive place for our members to express their wishes, concerns and ideas ect.. (we already have enough negative to contend with)

This is not about talking to an estate executive, or even receiving any replies,from the mjonlineteam or anyone. But we are discussiong possibly sending a link to MJonline team to view a thread and if they wish give feedback to estate on whatever ??. We know they report or give feedback to estate on everything they come across. Its really not that much different that twitter except Mjonline team will be sent a direct link to the thread on our board to view and fans can discuss their wishes in more detail.

Posts will not be about past issues, Casico tracks etc. and insults will not be allowed. ( We all know estate is fully aware of all that)
The idea for this project was inspired by fans in this thread who wanted to respectfully make known as you would like, wishes for future release, their ideas and hopes for future projects by the Estate. etc. This project also wont be a Q & A .. so need to ask questions (there are no answers)

Before we even decide to create such a project I want everyone to be aware of what it is and especially what is Isn't
We don't want it to crumble .. I we decide to do this I want it to be a positive thing for our members. (we already have enough negative)

words of truthful wisdom, their is no promise any of our ideas will be completed for release, but it would be fantastic to get something along the line's of what we would desire from them :')

To make this work Posts will be submitted in seperate thread for review and discussion before they are even moved to the MJonline team thread. The best, most popular and any respectful requests ideas. concerns etc. posts will be considered.

Why make it so complicated for everyone involved? Discussion is the most valuable part of it for all sides... Why not just make a thread where people can post as usual, and offtopic would be deleted, as usual?

Why make it so complicated for everyone involved? Discussion is the most valuable part of it for all sides... Why not just make a thread where people can post as usual, and offtopic would be deleted, as usual?

everyone's biased against me so i know mine wont be considered but, ah well..... :(

Morinen, its not complicated. And this is a specific project for specific purpose so of course there will be rules and guidelines to follow to insure that. The submission thread will be open for some discussion. (I agree discussion is valuable) BUt the topic is to submit posts for inclusion on the MJonline team thread. you can discuss posts in there all want as usual and as long as you don't insult anyone, express your ideas respectfully and stay on topic of the purpose of that thread. Any respectful request ideas will be allowed to be posted on The Main thread. Even Zaak :) I'm not sure what you are concerned about. I hope this helps.

my one post will be each of my ideas, in a huge list, with release dates, special features and bonus' :) hope y'all like :)

Qbee, why do you want yo hide the discussion and different fans' opinions on ideas from MJ online team and put a extra layer in between, that's what I don't get.

But whatever you say. I'll probably just email them some things myself.

If you do that it may be overlooked. I recommend a more specific posts to a 1 idea or theme would get more attention. Some may not like all the ideas so they won't click *thank you* under it to show it is a popular request or idea with the fans. Best to keep it short and sweet IMO. I suggest to Make post several specific request rather than write a book.

Back