Jackson's brothers on Larry King

How is that, could you break it down for me but I don't get it.

Most groups when they lose a member still keep the name, but the Jackson 5 has not been a group for a long time, since they went to CBS and became the Jackson's. I think if they want to be J5 then they need to be J5 even without Michael, it is wrong to be J4 (and I agree it is disrespectful) but in my opinion they should just be the Jackson's.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol I want them to do that 'reality' TV stuff... hey come on look into the other thread, they do need to pay all their share for their Dads living! ;)
I'll not watch it though... I'm just not that interested in other ppls private stuff or whatever... guess I have a nice life on my own?!

Still I'm sure there will be ppl watching maybe some episodes... so the sweet sons :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

MJ means Michael Jackson, who has three kids which some fans refer to as MJ3 or PPB, their careers wont take off and the only one I feel sorry for is Jackie

lol...nice explanation.

I do refer to them as MJ3...because all three have Michael Jackson in their full name.

Most groups when they lose a member still keep the name, but the Jackson 5 has not been a group for a long time, since they went to CBS and became the Jackson's. I think if they want to be J5 then they need to be J5 even without Michael, it is wrong to be J4 (and I agree it is disrespectful) but in my opinion they should just be the Jackson's.
I don't think they can use the name Jackson 5 anyway. If I remember correctly, Berry Gordy owns that name and the brothers can only use it if they get his permission. That is why they changed their name to "The Jacksons" in the 1st place.

i'm noticing lately some fans seem to get upset if they use the jackson 5 name and then some get upset if they call their self the jacksons and some get upset when the call their self the jackson 4.

I don't see what the heck disrespect this is having on michael which is an icon in his own right like someone is going to forget he was apart of the jackson 5.

Michael wanted to be a solo artist after leaving the group, some people need to chill out and stop taking little things so serious.

F.Y.I randy was apart of the jackson 5 also, I assume that is disrespectful to him and his still alive.:doh:

i'm noticing lately some fans seem to get upset if they use the jackson 5 name and then some get upset if they call their self the jacksons and some get upset when the call their self the jackson 4.

I don't see what the heck disrespect this is having on michael which is an icon in his own right like someone is going to forget he was apart of the jackson 5.

Michael wanted to be a solo artist after leaving the group, some people need to chill out and stop taking little things so serious.

F.Y.I randy was apart of the jackson 5 also, I assume that is disrespectful to him and his still alive.:doh:

I think we are misunderstanding, I was commenting on another post, but I think I misunderstood that anyway so my comment may not make sense.:doh: I was saying if they were going use a name that excludes Michael like J4, that would be disrespectful or maybe it would just be sad, but I think it would upset people, especially if they do old songs. I think they should just be the Jackson's and it sounds like that is what they are doing.

Really I don't care what they do. I'm not a fan of the Jackson's (with out Michael) and I really don't think they will have any real success without Michael, but they are talented so maybe it will be good for them to do something. I think they will be better off doing new material though.

FYI, Randy was not apart of the Jackson 5, he joined the group later. He was a part of the Jackson's.

Jackson's or The Jacksons...why does it matter. MJ was just one member of the group. Hell he didn't evem want to reunite with them. If they want to use the J5 or whatever, it is their perogative. I love the Jackson family regardless even without MJ. Groups just doesn't stop using a name they had forever just because a member died .

Jackson's or The Jacksons...why does it matter. MJ was just one member of the group. Hell he didn't evem want to reunite with them. If they want to use the J5 or whatever, it is their perogative. I love the Jackson family regardless even without MJ. Groups just doesn't stop using a name they had forever just because a member died .

Michael made the impact that he made, so his fans react accordingly. he deserves that. i don't see why some people have a problem with that. if he made less of an impact, there would be less of a reaction. that's common sense.

NO Michael wasnt just "one member of the group", Michael was THE FACE of the group, twist, turn, spin how you please, the reason they did NADA for 20 years, just shows that they were/are well aware of this fact. And now they trying to jump on the opportunity. Sick. whatever failure is just around the corner waiting for them, and in two years they wont be getting as much attention as now, guess thats why they decided to capitalize now.

Last edited:
In all honesty, without Michael, there would not have been a Jackson's, as far as groups and mainstream success is concerned.

Do you know that for sure? Yeah without Michael being the lead man, would MJ even had the solo success he had in the 80s? Anyways, there were plenty of fans who adored the other members more than MJ. That is a fact. I don't know why Jackson 5 or whatever people are bickering about the brothers anyways. If you don't care, don't watch or listen to them. I am sure they will have plenty of following.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol I want them to do that 'reality' TV stuff... hey come on look into the other thread, they do need to pay all their share for their Dads living! ;)
I'll not watch it though... I'm just not that interested in other ppls private stuff or whatever... guess I have a nice life on my own?!

Still I'm sure there will be ppl watching maybe some episodes... so the sweet sons :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Do you know that for sure? Yeah without Michael being the lead man, would MJ even had the solo success he had in the 80s? Anyways, there were plenty of fans who adored the other members more than MJ. That is a fact. I don't know why Jackson 5 or whatever people are bickering about the brothers anyways. If you don't care, don't watch or listen to them. I am sure they will have plenty of following.

Where have those fans been for the past 30 years? I was a J5 fan because of the little man in the front. Oh yeah, the other brothers were good to look at. If they were so great, why did they constantly badger MJ to reunite with them? They needed him more than he needed them and I am not a hater of the Jacksons. I was proud to see a black family rise like that. Black kids idealized them but it was something different about Michael. It was more than music. Anyone can be musical but you can't win fans like he has with just song and dance. It was and is the connection people feel to Michael. We feel him. We get him and it AINT JUST THE MUSIC.

Do you honestly believe MJ was taking care of Marlon, Jackie, and Tito kids?
That is pure B.S. It was hard for MJ to give anyone money when he had so much debt in the hundred millions. Its pretty much known that MJ isolated himself away from his family for sometimes months or years at a time soo.....

Actually, Michael did support his brothers kids. He was paying for Jermaine and Randy's child and spousal support. He also paid for college for all the kids in the family. He also helped push T3 with their music career by writing songs and getting them connections. There are court documents of this.

Not to mention he was paying for everything in the family home where his mother, Randy, Jemaine, their kids and girlfriends, and Rebbie.

So even if Michael was not physically there most of time, he took care of his family. That is probably one of the reasons why he was in debt. Even so, he was still worth $500 million even with his suppose money trouble, which is more than that entire family's worth combine.

Where have those fans been for the past 30 years? I was a J5 fan because of the little man in the front. Oh yeah, the other brothers were good to look at. If they were so great, why did they constantly badger MJ to reunite with them? They needed him more than he needed them and I am not a hater of the Jacksons. I was proud to see a black family rise like that. Black kids idealized them but it was something different about Michael. It was more than music. Anyone can be musical but you can't win fans like he has with just song and dance. It was and is the connection people feel to Michael. We feel him. We get him and it AINT JUST THE MUSIC.

You didn't get my point. My point is that MJ wasn't the only one fans loved plain and simple. Just like many groups with a lead singer, the person becomes the identity of the group, and it hard to establish an image outside of that. Look at Destiny's Child and other major groups who broke up especially when the leader went solo. Everything changes. I love MJ, but I think fans need to stop pretending that the other Jackson's are nobody. There is no need to say they are nobody. Who is to say MJ would have had any success if he didn't have the benefit of being the front man?

You didn't get my point. My point is that MJ wasn't the only one fans loved plain and simple. Just like many groups with a lead singer, the person becomes the identity of the group, and it hard to establish an image outside of that. Look at Destiny's Child and other major groups who broke up especially when the leader went solo. Everything changes. I love MJ, but I think fans need to stop pretending that the other Jackson's are nobody. There is no need to say they are nobody. Who is to say MJ would have had any success if he didn't have the benefit of being the front man?

Call me weird but I actually like the other members more than Beyonce'. Sorry Beyonce' fans no offense. Personal preference here.

the J5 was a great group...but Michael made them who they were..without Michael they were nothing.....thats like if you watched them on Larry King when they showed the brothers in the studio they continued to use the name J5 but they had j5 instead of capitol J..I dont know how many people noticed that but I did..they brothers needed Michael even after the group broke up...he was their money bags...to bad it had to be that way....I dont doubt they loved Michael but they also saw him as a meal ticket.

Watching it on CNN now, i have to say that i find the brothers appearing very friendly, down to heart and sincere. I dig what Jermaine said as well, how can Murray practice already? How the hell can he be allowed to do that..he should be charged. How could i disagree with him.

The part where larry shows a bit from Janet, about how they tried to help Michael. And the brothers just said they did what they could. Really makes you wonder how all of this could have happened.

I do believe however thaqt they are covering their father here, which is understandable and their business. But i choose to believe Michael over what the brothers are saying. I really don't believe he was just 'rough' and Michael didn't get it worst? We heard different from Michael himself. But ah well.

Last edited:
the J5 was a great group...but Michael made them who they were..without Michael they were nothing.....thats like if you watched them on Larry King when they showed the brothers in the studio they continued to use the name J5 but they had j5 instead of capitol J..I dont know how many people noticed that but I did..they brothers needed Michael even after the group broke up...he was their money bags...to bad it had to be that way....I dont doubt they loved Michael but they also saw him as a meal ticket.

Is it wrong for the brothers to want to make a living using the formula that brought them success. I hate when people say that someone is nothing without the other. It just takes away the power of the talent of the person.

Is it wrong for the brothers to want to make a living using the formula that brought them success. I hate when people say that someone is nothing without the other. It just takes away the power of the talent of the person.

Your more than welcome to watch and support them. Personal preference once again.

Watching it on CNN now, i have to say that i find the brothers appearing very friendly, down to heart and sincere. I dig what Jermaine said as well, how can Murray practice already? How the hell can he be allowed to do that..he should be charged. How could i disagree with him.

The part where larry shows a bit from Janet, about how they tried to help Michael. And the brothers just said they did what they could. Really makes you wonder how all of this could have happened.

I do believe however thaqt they are covering their father here, which is understandable and their business. But i choose to believe Michael over what the brothers are saying. I really don't believe he was just 'rough' and Michael didn't get it worst? We heard different from Michael himself. But ah well.

Its funny because on Bashir, MJ said he didn't get it as bad as Marlon or he would threaten his father by saying he wouldn't perform if he got a beating. Michael is the only family member who said he was abused. Even so, he still "forgave " his father and made peace with him, so I don't even know why its an issue on this board or with fans.

I think that the rest of the brothers could of been just as talented..Jermaine tried to go out as a solo artist himself..I thought he had a couple of good hits....I dont think they had enough confidence in THEMSELVES to continue making their own music....Michael had lots of confidence in himself when it came to his music I believe that is why he had such success....to bad Jermaine is trying to be the limelight now....he comes across to me as trying to step into Michael's shoes...IMHO....I dont see this happening.

Its funny because on Bashir, MJ said he didn't get it as bad as Marlon or he would threaten his father by saying he wouldn't perform if he got a beating. Michael is the only family member who said he was abused. Even so, he still "forgave " his father and made peace with him, so I don't even know why its an issue on this board or with fans.

IMHO...because I cannot speak for Michael himself but what I get from Michael's statements is this.....I believe Michael forgave Joe in his head...but I dont think he forgave Joe in his heart.

IMHO...because I cannot speak for Michael himself but what I get from Michael's statements is this.....I believe Michael forgave Joe in his head...but I dont think he forgave Joe in his heart.

In the end, that is between those two, not the fans. I personally think it is pretty petty for the family to get bashed about things that happened between them and Michael. Like fans bashing Latoya for stuff she said about MJ after the charges in 93. We don't know what really happened in the end.

In the end, that is between those two, not the fans. I personally think it is pretty petty for the family to get bashed about things that happened between them and Michael. Like fans bashing Latoya for stuff she said about MJ after the charges in 93. We don't know what really happened in the end.

What I CAN speak for is the fact that Michael stayed away from certain family members for reasons of his own....family members that made him very unhappy and truly hurt him.....in turn....this hurt me...If Michael was in physical pain or mental pain it affected me and I believe it hurt his fans all over the world.....I am not trying to bash his family or speak as though I know what his relationships were with members of his family...I am ONLY speaking on words that came out of Michael's own mouth about those that hurt him.......hm ..Now Latoya should of never said anything about her brother....she is his sister and her loyalty belongs with Michael..not trying to get in the media spotlight and betray him....LaToya needs to just hush and relax.....this is as nice as I can put it about her...:)

My thinking is this. Look at the teaser for the reality show and listen to how the brothers' sound like. Then, imagine them singing their classic songs in that way. Once you do that, think how Michael sounded, by himself, singing those same songs.

Unless you have a tin ear, an interesting musical preference, or just in denial, you will see that Michael never needed his brothers.

If the J5 was never formed, most likely Michael would of been a solo star like Stevie Wonder. Pure talent like he had would never been ignored.

That is my take, anyway.

What I CAN speak for is the fact that Michael stayed away from certain family members for reasons of his own....family members that made him very unhappy and truly hurt him.....in turn....this hurt me...If Michael was in physical pain or mental pain it affected me and I believe it hurt his fans all over the world.....I am not trying to bash his family or speak as though I know what his relationships were with members of his family...I am ONLY speaking on words that came out of Michael's own mouth about those that hurt him.......hm ..Now Latoya should of never said anything about her brother....she is his sister and her loyalty belongs with Michael..not trying to get in the media spotlight and betray him....LaToya needs to just hush and relax.....this is as nice as I can put it about her...:)

Honestly, outside Michael the artist, I really don't care that much. His personal life and family holds no interest. At the end of the day, I still have to work and make a living. MJ doesn't pay my tuition or bills. Hell he didn't go to sleep worrying about my fears or pain. He may have loved his fans for their support, but did he actually love us? Do we love him the same way we love our "real" family? Thats why family business is their business in the end. His family has to live with the aftermath of his death, not us. We probably live our lives the same way. I have no idea what happened between the Jackson family or will not speculate without facts. The only facts I know is that everyone was close with eachother except for with Michael.

Back