Hold my hand is available on US Itunes

Save all of your money and stop buying HMH until the week of December 6!

^

Wow cool! Thx Smooth _Crim05. I love all your updates. I honestly think Michael might sell really well in Japan. MJ's Vision DVD is #1 there right now plus This Is It sold over 500, 000 albums and it's just a compilation album.

Thanks so much Smooth.

Can't wait for promotion to start in BIG ways.

HMH is at #36 in US... not the best considering there are two advertisements on i-tunes front page plugging the single.

MICHAEL is currently sitting at #47

With the scandal toward this album... Obviously this album would kinda flop. I was expecting this.

Sincerely I've become getting more pessimistic toward future too... future albums would also become source of doubting and protests... So it's kinda over with 'new works' from Michael Jackson.

^ and people will still complain about re-releases.

They get new songs, they protest...they get old ones, they protest.

Never ending story.

Agreed guys.

If this album flops, there will be no more albums with 'unheard/new' tracks. Just GH's and 'remastered' old songs.

The same fans will be moaning about 'Sony rip-off' as well.

It could be all over for MJ if this fails - in terms of him being 'relevant' to current and future music markets.

#27 US Itunes (top 30...finally)

#30 CA Itunes

For once it is charting higher in the US than Canada.

Great news, guys! :) Thanks for keeping us updated. I thinkl we have to try so early to not be pessimistic. We have to be realistic, but let's not get down in the dumps yet. :)

Sony is not expecting a #1 hit in any global markets with Hold My Hand. Top 10 in several markets (8) and Top 20 in up to 18 different music markets.

Sony is not expecting a #1 hit in any global markets with Hold My Hand. Top 10 in several markets (8) and Top 20 in up to 18 different music markets.

Michael has always been an 'albums artist' for Sony - that's where the money is.

We need a number 1 album in the first week - 'worldwide sales' at least.

Despite all the negativity on here, I can not wait to get my hands on the new album!

^ There are no planned big releases on Dec 13th/14th globally which means MICHAEL will hit #1 in many countries around the world. (Sony is expecting a top debut in 15 countries) It should perform very well, debuting in the Top 10 in an additional 18 countries.

^ There are no planned big releases on Dec 13th/14th globally which means MICHAEL will hit #1 in many countries around the world. (Sony is expecting a top debut in 15 countries) It should perform very well, debuting in the Top 10 in an additional 18 countries.

What about Susan Boyle then smooth. I see figures of 500,000+ a week (in the US) from now until the New Year. Can MJ beat that and get to number 1 in the US?

What about Susan Boyle then smooth. I see figures of 500,000+ a week (in the US) from now until the New Year. Can MJ beat that and get to number 1 in the US?

Susan Boyle's The Gift debuted last week. The first week sales of her album was in the low 300,000's in the US. Her album is not going to move 500,000+ a week.

Actually, the sales of Susan Boyle's second album is substantially lower than her first album, which is not a surprise to me at all. Many recent releases have performed below expectations, except Taylor Swift's Speak Now.

Michael will do well! No doubt about it.

Boyle will not be selling 500,000 a week. (This album is less popular then her one last year) The first week sales were 318,000 (#1).... second week 335,0000 (#1) and projections for next week are around 350,000 (#3). By Dec 14th, her album will probably shift 250,000 copies I'm told while MJ is expecting sales of over 400,000.

Just for an update, this is the big Thanksgiving week in the US. The top three should look something like this:

1) Kanye West (520,000)
2) Nicki Minaj (400,000)
3) Susan Boyle (350,000)

Boyle will not be selling 500,000 a week. (This album is less popular then her one last year) The first week sales were 318,000 (#1).... second week 335,0000 (#1) and projections for next week are around 350,000 (#3). By Dec 14th, her album will probably shift 250,000 copies I'm told while MJ is expecting sales of over 400,000.

Just for an update, this is the big Thanksgiving week in the US. The top three should look something like this:

1) Kanye West (520,000)
2) Nicki Minaj (400,000)
3) Susan Boyle (350,000)

But Boyle's album is specifically a 'Christmas' album. It's sales will surely increase as we get closer to Christmas?

I hope they are wrong, but that is what people are saying.

^ I wouldn't worry about it. This album is not as big as her one last year. At best, the album will sell 300,000 to 350,000 each week until Christmas. If MJ hits the 400,000 projected sales then he will beat her.

But Boyle's album is specifically a 'Christmas' album. It's sales will surely increase as we get closer to Christmas?

I hope they are wrong, but that is what people are saying.

Whoever estimated the 500,000+ figure overestimated Susan Boyle's appeal. In this day of age, a sales of half a million copies is considered huge. I don't think a "Chrismas album" can sell that many copies. Think about the nature of Susan Boyle's album. It consists of covers. Her last album sold really well because she's fresh from the reality show. She was a global youtube sensation. By now, people's curiosity on her has diminished.

Anyway, back on topic, I think Sony's estimates are quite reasonable. So far, the single Hold My Hand performs well. Given the fact that promotion is practically not started, the single charts well on iTune and Billboard.

The name Michael Jackson draws people's attention like a magnet. I know people (myself included) have mixed feelings on the album. I know it's a posthumous release. But still, it's Michael Jackson. Susan Boyle will never be in the same league as Michael Jackson. I don't dislike Susan Boyle though.

Whoever estimated the 500,000+ figure overestimated Susan Boyle's appeal. In this day of age, a sales of half a million copies is considered huge. I don't think a "Chrismas album" can sell that many copies. Think about the nature of Susan Boyle's album. It consists of covers. Her last album sold really well because she's fresh from the reality show. She was a global youtube sensation. By now, people's curiosity on her has diminished.

Anyway, back on topic, I think Sony's estimates are quite reasonable. So far, the single Hold My Hand performs well. Given the fact that promotion is practically not started, the single charts well on iTune and Billboard.

The name Michael Jackson draws people's attention like a magnet. I know people (myself included) have mixed feelings on the album. I know it's a posthumous release. But still, it's Michael Jackson. Susan Boyle will never be in the same league as Michael Jackson. I don't dislike Susan Boyle though.

Well said

Listen, don't get me wrong, Susan Boyle is just an overhyped karaoke singer to me - however 'nice' her voice may be. The figures just come from people who claim to know the American 'Christmas market', and they do love their Christmas albums those Yanks! LOL!

I would love MJ to get to number one!

Update on Canadian i-tunes:

NUMBER ONES: #144

MICHAEL: #101

HOLD MY HAND: #35

All with no advertisements whatsoever.

^^I would be very happy i it makes top 10 this week.
I have bought hold my hand 14 times since it debuted on US Itunes.I dont know if I should stop buying it and wait till the Dec 6 release date when the video debuts to push the sales,I really want MJ to have a hit and I dont know what to do next.Confused

^^I would be very happy i it makes top 10 this week.
I have bought hold my hand 14 times since it debuted on US Itunes.I dont know if I should stop buying it and wait till the Dec 6 release date when the video debuts to push the sales,I really want MJ to have a hit and I dont know what to do next.Confused

Does that work?! If they're from the same account, do multiple purchases count towards chart sales? If someone can answer yes to this then I will get to buying!

I don't understand that. Don't they want to have a #1 song from the album? I am getting annoyed I don't hear it on the radio or anything. I hear the same songs by others all day long. I think it would really great if one song could be #1 for Michael if that is possible.

Back