Hold my hand is available on US Itunes

Sony really needs to start promoting the single if they want this and the album to be a success.
I have yet to hear this on the radio... :S

Is there going to be any promotion for this song? I have heard nothing on the radio yet I keep hearing new songs by other artists. I did get it on itunes and let my friends hear it because they knew nothing about it.

reminder : this is a thread about Hold my hand and it's availability at itunes

for other discussions please use the appropriate threads.

thread cleaned

bad ...it's now 51 on Itunes USA...(-5 places)

That's sad. I hope SONY will start promoting this project. I have seen litterally NO promotion. No billboards, no TV-ads, no banner ads, NOTHING !

Maybe HMH will do better when the music video is released. - I hope it contains a lot of studio footage of MJ singing his heart out.

That's sad. I hope SONY will start promoting this project. I have seen litterally NO promotion. No billboards, no TV-ads, no banner ads, NOTHING !

Maybe HMH will do better when the music video is released. - I hope it contains a lot of studio footage of MJ singing his heart out.

51 is not bad at all, considering there has been no promotion. It's only been out for a couple of days on iTunes. It makes sense, IMO, to hold off on major promotion until the video comes out and then have a big boost. That is also only approx. 2 weeks before the album release date, so it's good promotion for both the single and the album. I'm sure we will see a LOT more about this song coming out when the video drops.

That's sad. I hope SONY will start promoting this project. I have seen litterally I hope it contains a lot of studio footage of MJ singing his heart out.

given the fact that he only sings few words...it will be short lol...

but don't dream too much...

the only studio sessions that have been filmed for sure are the invincible sessions !

that's why i don't understand why they didn't release escape or other tracks recorded during these sessions. We know that Jerkins still has fantastic tracks from that period.

given the fact that he only sings few words...it will be short lol...

but don't dream too much...

the only studio sessions that have been filmed for sure are the invincible sessions !

that's why i don't understand why they didn't release escape or other tracks recorded during these sessions. We know that Jerkins still has fantastic tracks from that period.

i'm sure those tracks are being saved for a future release -- according to Harvey Levin, his source told him they have enough tracks for 3 "unreleased" albums.

Any other song would have fared similarly. Trust. With no big promo right now the general public don't know the song is out. And in the US radio just doesn't support anyone who is over 40, this is a fact. No matter how great their song may be. However, keep in mind that the song is going for adds OFFICIALLY on Nov.23 -- so there is still time. Hopefully it will get decent airplay.

Since MJ can't rely much on radio, the only real chance he has for a hit single is through sales. That's why Sony needs to step up the promo on iTunes.

I wonder if they can get Akon to perform the song somewhere? I know it's gonna be a bit awkward without MJ, but live performances are usually a pretty good promotion. They could've used Oprah for that.

Maybe they could have the video premiere on Oprah? That would be nice promo as well.

What is going on the 23rd? It needs attention because nobody I know knew about it unless I mentioned it. I find that sad.

wait....its on there?! wow I need to go get it now lol

Is it known when the single will be released on Japanese iTunes? Michael has a huge fanbase over there, so I'm curious how the single will perfrom in Japan.

Is it known when the single will be released on Japanese iTunes? Michael has a huge fanbase over there, so I'm curious how the single will perfrom in Japan.

Yes, I think in Japan any new release by Michael has the biggest chance to top the charts.

Also, I'm hoping that some promo will start soon for HMH and it will do well in the US. Hopefully it will reach the top 10.

MICHAEL the album is at #164 in Canadian i-tunes. I remember THIS IS IT last year went to #1 in Canadian i-tunes album charts the day it was released. I'm sure MICHAEL will do the same. I was told that Sony is preparing an entire page dedicated to the new album for i-tunes which will debut as a huge advertisement on the front page of the i-tunes store the day before MICHAEL is released.

Also, Hold My Hand is up 3 positions in Canada to #26 :)

MICHAEL the album is at #164 in Canadian i-tunes. I remember THIS IS IT last year went to #1 in Canadian i-tunes album charts the day it was released. I'm sure MICHAEL will do the same. I was told that Sony is preparing an entire page dedicated to the new album for i-tunes which will debut as a huge advertisement on the front page of the i-tunes store the day before MICHAEL is released.

Also, Hold My Hand is up 3 positions in Canada to #26 :)

Are they planning any kind of promotion for the Hold My Hand single?

I listen to all french radio stations for a week for several hours a day, and I've never heard this song, yet it is a big failure !!

Back