Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

so when you were 12 years old you were not able to write a speech about someone you loved, someone you knew?????? and more so in a case like this???, i think you are underestimating children, kids are smart at the age of 10 years old and even younger... your point is pontless, sorry to say this, but is awefully pointless... WOW, i cant believe you said that....

im very sure i was able to write about someone i love and someone i knew. but not in the way he said it. sorry, that were the words of an adult and not of a child.

and thanks for being so disrespectful to me to tell me i am pointless. that was my personal opinion and i think i am free to say it. if u dont agree with me, fine. nobody is forcing you to share my opinion.

im very sure i was able to write about someone i love and someone i knew. but not in the way he said it. sorry, that were the words of an adult and not of a child.

and thanks for being so disrespectful to me to tell me i am pointless. that was my personal opinion and i think i am free to say it. if u dont agree with me, fine. nobody is forcing you to share my opinion.

really? I thought it was just proper & typical for someone his age who's been educated all over the world and has a dad with over thousands of books in his library.

It was age appropriate. He is 13...not 5.

Can you imagine ow EPIC it would have been if the kids came onstage wearing something of MJ's like the Beat It jacket (the real thing), Thriller Jacket, Fedora, or even the real glove.. I know I wld've fainted rt there on the spot.....

Saw this pic online and almost started crying..
24w5w7a.jpg

Wow! This is the way it should have been. :(

really? I thought it was just proper & typical for someone his age who's been educated all over the world and has a dad with over thousands of books in his library.

Exactly.

i know that. and i know a lot of kids from age 5 to 18 and my personal opinion is that this are not the words a 13 year old would have said. maybe he said about what he wants to speak but i am very sure that somebody else put the final speech together.

I thought the children did tremendously well. :clapping: I suffer from terrible performance anxiety myself so I know it must not have been easy to get up there in front of literally millions of people to accept an award on behalf of your dad, especially when your dad's Michael Jackson. Prince wasn't even using notes to remember his words which I thought showed good preparation and bravery. Whether the kids wrote their own speeches or not, or whether or not Paris got a bit tangled up with dates I and we all must be very proud of those three. I know for sure their dad is too. :)

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

With 31 Grammy Awards, Sir Georg Solti is the male artist with the most Grammy wins.[6] Alison Krauss is the biggest winner among female artists with 27 awards.[7] U2, with 22, holds the record among bands,[8] and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra holds the record for any musical group with 60 wins.[8]

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

Georg Solt 31
Quincy Jones 27
Alison Krauss 27

i know that. and i know a lot of kids from age 5 to 18 and my personal opinion is that this are not the words a 13 year old would have said. maybe he said about what he wants to speak but i am very sure that somebody else put the final speech together.

Prince used simple words in his speech. The only word that may not be simple is "humanity". But a child usually knows words their parents say. Michael cared about humanity and I am sure these things were discussed in his house. So Prince knows it. He's a smart kid.

Prince used simple words in his speech. The only word that may not be simple is "humanity". But a child usually knows words their parents say. Michael cared about humanity and I am sure these things were discussed in his house. So Prince knows it. He's a smart kid.

its not about WHICH words were used but how the sentences were formed and so on. but anyway. since it seems i cannot have my own opinion and that nobody should doubt what has been said about who wrote the speech or not, im going to stop now.

im tired of defending myself cuz of what i think. i wont bother you again. go ahead.

Maybe you know alot of dumb kids. That speech was totally age appropriate. I could certainly write like that at 13. A 13 year old would be in 8th grade. If an 8th grader can't put that together himself that's a sad testament to a horrible education.

They are intelligent, well educated, well traveled, and I'm sure well read children. I don't know where you're from or what kind of education you had but I'm shocked that you think a boy of nearly 13 can't put together a short speech about his dad. Just because you couldn't doesn't mean others can't.

What should a 13 year old write? My daddy was a singer. He liked to dance. He was nice. He said we should all be nice to each other. He was good. Thank you.

Maybe you know alot of dumb kids. That speech was totally age appropriate. I could certainly write like that at 13. A 13 year old would be in 8th grade. If an 8th grader can't put that together himself that's a sad testament to a horrible education.

They are intelligent, well educated, well traveled, and I'm sure well read children. I don't know where you're from or what kind of education you had but I'm shocked that you think a boy of nearly 13 can't put together a short speech about his dad. Just because you couldn't doesn't mean others can't.

What should a 13 year old write? My daddy was a singer. He liked to dance. He was nice. He said we should all be nice to each other. He was good. Thank you.
LMAO!! Exactly and everyone who has met the children stated how highly intelligent they are my sister is 13 and she could have easily written that speech there was nothing extraordinary about the speech itself, what made him look like a tiny adult, was his poise, posture and the way he carried himself during that speech.

im telling you one thing now: i didnt insult anybody and so you also shouldnt insult anybody! watch your words, cuz that was my opinion, you dont have to agree with it!!! im saying it again!

I don't really agree. I could imagine he has written the words himself but maybe just discussing with a tutor. When I remember that right it was just the age we had to do something like that in school also... although that's maybe not comparable we just had to talk in front of our parents or better families and teachers and we were supposed to talk about our favorite topic. Now guess lol yep I've talked about Michael Jackson :cheeky: did you all get that rigth. Well ok it was more his charities than about music. I simply loved that even my Dad sitting in the audience would have to listen finally!!!!!!!!!

I guess Prince Michael just rehearsed his speech pretty often... I mean he didn't read them from a paper and about that I must say WOW really, very well done Prince!
I am talking often in front of many ppl... but several billion that's crazy, I can't even imagine how that must be lol... and then to deal with the anxiousty to might forget your words... tremendous respect to Prince Michael! I mean I am an adult but I would be NOTHING WITHOUT A SCRIPT. Sheeeeeesh! He did amazing. And so did Paris.

I know Michael is so proud! He's probably all the time :D in heaven.

Reactions: Bee
Guys, Please stop with the bickering in here. No one knows for sure if price wrote the speech or not so we can't judge. The words spoke were meant and they came from the heart and that's all that matters.

I mean he didn't read them from a paper and about that I must say WOW really, very well done Prince!
I am talking often in front of many ppl... but several billion that's crazy, I can't even imagine how that must be lol... and then to deal with the anxiousty to might forget your words... tremendous respect to Prince Michael! I mean I am an adult but I would be NOTHING WITHOUT A SCRIPT. Sheeeeeesh! He did amazing. And so did Paris.

I totally agree with you!
It takes a HUGE amount of courage and strength to do what Prince and Paris did. They did an amazing job!!
All my love and respect to them! :give_heart: :heart:

Paris wrote more to say more but she forgot it :( I hope shes not upset or embarrassed.

^^^ Me too. If she's anything like her dad (in the way of perfectionism) that could have been tremendously embarrassing and upsetting for her. :( Obviously, we all understand and think no less of her or her capabilities, but I definitely know how it can feel from her end. I'm a highly perfectionistic person (and performer) and I know that when I "mess up" (however trivial it may be) I am not okay afterwards - and when I "mess up" in front of thousands, I totally fall apart once I get backstage. It's especially hard if it's a one-off thing that you really care about. And I've been like this since I was little.

But who knows, maybe she's okay and it didn't really phase her much. I sure hope so. She certainly doesn't need any added stress or worries. :(

The kids done there Daddy proud, he raised them so beautifully.. Another cry fest for me thou.. God bless them they are amazing children... Miss u MJ xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You got that right. Anybody who has a heart had to be all choked up about those precious kids. It was soooo heartbreaking to see them coming up on stage hand in hand in their little outfit like their daddy. And then, they spoke.....

Re: Grammy awards tonight at 9:00

Thanks, do we know how far in the tribute is? My other half is hogging the remote and watching the footy

the first part i DID NOT bolded, is cause i DO think you are wrong, but it is your oinion...

the second part I DID bolded is to say i wasnt trying to be disrespectful, at all, but to say that a kid of 12 or 13 years is not able to say an speech (that was disrespectful of your part and to those children...)

those kids and many kids are very smart... and they are in front of a camera, they are the Michael Jackson kids, they learned from Michael, Prince articulates just like Michael used to, i mean education is the key.
Kids are smart...they are... i mean i think we are from the same planet. Dont be angry at me for pointing out a fact

Back