Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

The Tribute was great. The Kids were lovely and seeing them how nervous they were, makes them more sweet and likeable.

But that girly Carrie Underwood is getting on my nerve. She should stop giving interviews about the Tribute.
In one she says:
"Alright, lets change our plans and go to the Grammys" (it's like "even if I had better things to do" and my favourite phrase of her "blah blah... what ever")and other "I've never really listen to the words, 'till we were reherseling".
Since yesterday i'm asking myself why was she there. Celine, Usher, Smokey Robinson and Jennifer, is understandable why. They all had something to do with Michael or were big fans and inspired by him. The biggest talents were chosen, still i'm sure there were others who could do better and appreciate it, more then her.

Sorry i don't want to sound negative, but she's like "Well, they ask me to do that Michael Jackson THING, i did it.... And next sunday i'm doing the Superbowl...."
She's a woman, doesn't she know how to fake emotions, at least?

Last edited:
You know what I was just thinking. . . Paris, Prince and Blanket own 50% of the songs written by about 75% of the artists who were there last night including Jay-Z, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Ringo Starr, Akon, Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, Pink, etc. .. . LOL!

So yeah, I wonder if those artists realized that as they saw the kids onstage??? :)

They should also own 50% copyright of WATW. . . but of course all of that is going to be donated to charity.

These kids hold the music industry in their hands.

When I realized that, I think It is little scary. Michael owned sony catalog, and he was haunted all the time for so many bad people. What`s gonna happened then with his kids.
Like you have said, they hold music industry i their hands.
I hope, they are strong, and noone will hurt them.

You know what I was just thinking. . . Paris, Prince and Blanket own 50% of the songs written by about 75% of the artists who were there last night including Jay-Z, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Ringo Starr, Akon, Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, Pink, etc. .. . LOL!

So yeah, I wonder if those artists realized that as they saw the kids onstage??? :)

They should also own 50% copyright of WATW. . . but of course all of that is going to be donated to charity.

These kids hold the music industry in their hands
Judging by the look Ringo Starr was giving them, and some other folks who were at the Grammy's I believe they (musicians) are aware of this, thus the general ''hatred/dislike'' toward them from many folks.

Re: ET Source: Blanket Became Overwhelmed Before Grammy Moment

Well it turned out better than I thought. But I don't want this to be a habit of too much overexposure. I think this award and the memorial service have been emotional enough for these kids. Time to let them go back to their private lives.
=========================================================
http://www.etonline.com/awards/grammys/2010/2010/02/83552/index.html

ET Source: Blanket Became Overwhelmed Before Grammy Moment

Copyright 2010 Kevin Mazur / Getty Images
Sources close to Michael Jackson's family reveal details behind the King of Pop's children's acceptance speech of their late father's Grammy award on Sunday night.

The source says Blanket became overwhelmed moments before his brother Prince Michael and sister Paris took the stage.

Joined by their cousins, Prince accepted his father's Lifetime Achievement Award, saying of his dad, "Through all his songs, his message was simple -- love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world." ET's source says Prince wrote his own speech for the awards ceremony and had been practicing for a couple of weeks.

Paris also spoke to the audience, saying, "We love you daddy." Paris did not want to speak to the audience but her grandmother Katherine Jackson is said to have prompted her to say something.

Afterward, the children attended an awards dinner. Onlookers say Prince didn't let the Grammy award out of his sight.

400_pjackson_pjackson_pjacksonii_Jacksonkids_KMazur_020110_GettyImages_96309390.jpg

his eyes speaking for themselves ... but whatever he tried a smile.:angel:

These kids hold the music industry in their hands.

Wow, thinking about it like that...

SCARES me.

i mean normal for them, when mj was here they weren't paraded around in 'cute' matching outfits or up on stage in front of millions. that's what i mean by normal and stability.. they should just be doing the things they did when michael was here so they can feel 'normal'. but ok, i wont go on about it anymore, just airing my views. i hope they are happy and that is all...

I understand what your saying you don't have to feel bad about it.
We as MJ fans feel protective of his kids and want the best for them. We just all have different opinions on what that is. however I will caution that when MJ was here they called his parenting weird, abnormal etc., etc,
they will never have the kind of life they had when MJ was here.
But what I do hope is that these kids won't called upon to act as ratings boosters. If its something important ok because this is their life now. But people need to remember they are just kids.
I hope Katherine keeps making discerning decisions about what to include them in and what not.

I have to say though I didn't know Randy Phillips was Lionel's manager.
When did that happen? AEG has way too much involvement with all things concerning MJ. Any association should be done at this point. I don't understand the continued relationship.
The WATW stuff also speaks to that.

Whenever I see Blanket's eyes I can't help but see Michael. I see Michael in all his beautiful kids not just physically but in their personalities. The world could do with more kids like Prince, Paris and Blanket.

I understand what your saying you don't have to feel bad about it.
We as MJ fans feel protective of his kids and want the best for them. We just all have different opinions on what that is. however I will caution that when MJ was here they called his parenting weird, abnormal etc., etc,
they will never have the kind of life they had when MJ was here.
But what I do hope is that these kids won't called upon to act as ratings boosters. If its something important ok because this is their life now. But people need to remember they are just kids.
I hope Katherine keeps making discerning decisions about what to include them in and what not.

I have to say though I didn't know Randy Phillips was Lionel's manager.
When did that happen? AEG has way too much involvement with all things concerning MJ. Any association should be done at this point. I don't understand the continued relationship.
The WATW stuff also speaks to that.

i thought the kids looked lovely and the only reason i put cute in speech marks is because cute sells, like you said about the rating above. also i have not once disprespected michael's mother, like someone suggested. i was only trying to convey that i hope this is a one off, and not a path that leads to other things of this nature. they are just too young, and shouldn't be faced with such responsibilities.

Oh wow. I've just seen this for the first time, I honestly didn't really think they would say anything.

I keep thinking that they're still only 6/7 but my goodness, how mature they acted and how adorable they both are. They are so grown up and Prince's voice is very low for how old he is!

His speech was too cute and so was Paris's, they both must have been very nervous.

I love to watch these kids on TV but I can't help feeling they really shouldn't be there.

Right now I am so proud to be a Michael Jackson, and I am just bubbling over with emotion. I can't believe he was also going to perform this year.. such a shame, words can't explain..

This is what concerns me too.

Whenever I see Blanket's eyes I can't help but see Michael. I see Michael in all his beautiful kids not just physically but in their personalities. The world could do with more kids like Prince, Paris and Blanket.

I agree and feel the same way. You see Michael in all of them.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying here until the bolded part. Wasn't this his second and this was unprecedented? :scratch: I'm looking on Wikipedia now and I'm not seeing anything... :bugeyed

Yes, that is what I thought too! I was so tickled that he was getting a second until I saw that he never had gotten one - but he does have the living legend award given to him in 1993

I've always thought that the Michael Jackson tribute + Award was just another attempt to gain more viewers to another dull awards ceremony. Lets be honest, the Grammy People have never liked Michael to start of with. I mean how does Beyonce get 6 Awards when Michael's Bad album only got 2. And don't get me started with all the other times when Michael should of won the awards.............

And they (the Grammy people) still refuse to give Michael the "MusiCares Person Of The Year" award, which is basically the award for the artist who has done the most for charity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusiCares_Person_of_the_Year

But then again.....even Bob Geldof has never won that award either!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree 100% with you there. How else do you explain OFW only winning one?

I am not sure how Michael would have felt getting a Lifetime Achievement Award when he was alive. It kind of implies that your greatest achievements are behind you. Michael would have never stopped achieving.

In one way yes... but I think that Michael achieved enough for more than one life time. I just find the timing interesting... the entertainment worlds loves to do that one someone passes away - IMO of course.

I feel the same. There such beautiful kids ,but how could they not be raised my Michael. :heart:

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

Rockin. - I dont think that Prince and Paris were put on that stage for our benefit. But I do agree that as fans we do have to careful about what we expect and want to demand from Michael's children.

The article was good, btw.

Earth Song surged to #44 on US I-Tunes Music Charts and THIS IS IT remains in the #1 spot on I-Tunes Movie Charts (it's 6th day in this position).

Yeah Feb. 1st I saw on YouTube that VEVO favored Earth Song..The views went up fast.

Rockin. - I dont think that Prince and Paris were put on that stage for our benefit.
exactly lol u can tell a non fan made such a stupid comment

Grammy idiots seem to have forgotten long ago the power of the king. Idiots, if they honored Michael they way he deserved they would have enjoyed attention for years. Every time he puts out an album, he shatters everybody. He is simply the most accomplished ever. Yet, he won 18 Grammys and Beyonce won 16!!!!! Nothing against B, but Michael is in an entirely different realm of talent. They always feared MJ would dominate the world, and despite their attempts, he did. Taylor Swift who is absolute rubbish wins Grammys for god's sake. By these standards, MJ should have won a hundred Grammys.

Agree!!!

yea Michael's voice was awesome the best part of the Grammys, the tribute.

Bye Bye Grammys I want be tuning in every again.

I think the drill routine from b was a tribute to Mike, it better had been.

Back