Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

Well this is def, an article i need to save.

has anyone seen the ohur by hour ratings of the grammy's? After the MJ tribute aobut a milion ppl stopped watching the show,lol

Who's the ratings master? Michael is of course. now the Grammy's can go back to their no ratins-aint nobody care shows.

I watched the tribute again this morning for the hundredth time...cant stop watching it!!

I haven't bothered with the Grammys for years and probably won't ever again. It's quite sad really. :(

I just watched it again, when Prince gets the award off Lionel he's so professional! They really are mature for their age. Just wonderful. Michael would be sooo proud. :cry:

I read the article because someone here (don't remember who it was, sorry, there are just too many pages) copied it before it was deleted. It is a shocking article, unbelievable. And this is a paper with a good reputation. Well, I hope Nora chokes on her own spit for that! She got only bad comments for her article. Even tabloids like "Bild" (equivalent to the "Sun") had nice words for Prince and Paris. (..)
i was the one' :cheeky:

Good reputation? Perhaps a few years ago :smilerolleyes:

Now this newspaper belongs to the publisher group of 'Springer Verlag', which also produces 'Bild', no doubt the worst of all german tabloids.
So you can put 'Die Welt' and 'Bild' all in one sack ..
I don't have and will never buy this garbage, never. I would rather cut off my hand!

My 3D glasses didnt work on my TV, but on these pics do work perfectly!
And yours?

So, could somebody upload this video via mediafire?
14y9yfm.png

Isn't that weird? My 3D glasses didn't work on my TV either but they work on my computer with these images and watching 3D videos and images on youtube. I would love to see the Earth Song video in true 3D.

All those music ratings makers do not know what to do now with millions of MJ fans and how to force them to pay attention to Grammys and other music evens etc. After watching Grammys I afraid that music industry bosses will try to use MJ kids and the first time was yesterday.

I was worried about them doing this, but I have to say I feel proud of them (is that strange?).

I don't mean to sound like I think the children should be used for this purpose (because that would be kinda exploting them) - but each time they speak about their dad they have made people realise (hopefully) that Michael was a person, a good father, not the media created caricature which is how some people view him - as not 'real'. So when people are making fun of, and writing crap about him they need to realise they are making fun and writing crap about the father of these young children, who they love. Not 'Michael Jackson' the character.. I can't explain properly..

You make perfect sense here. I totally agree - it shows are more human side to Michael - the side we fans have always seen but the general masses out there don't see. I have never seen such well brought up children. He was a fantastic father and that can't be denied!

I watched the tribute again this morning for the hundredth time...cant stop watching it!!

Me too!! lol

Has anyone else heard that Prince and Paris are basically confirmed to do Michael's parts in the remake of We Are The World? I hope that's true! I want to hear them sing!

.......................God bless this tribute,esp. this sweet,loving strong amazing kids!!!!!:D:yes::wub:

I'm really speechless,they did such a' amazing job and 'm so proud of them!:wub::yes::wub:

Prince was very nervous you could tell when he spoke. lol. I'm so proud of them both; they did wonderful.

I had a quick question: what did Paris mean? She said 'daddy was supposed to perform this year, but he couldn't perform last year' ??? I was just a little confused what she meant lol

I thought I heard right! Lol!
I havent watched my recording back yet. I want to replay that part to check.

The rumors would have started eventually about MJ making a Grammy apprearance.
But how, when he would have been in concert.

ET Source: Blanket Became Overwhelmed Before Grammy Moment

Well it turned out better than I thought. But I don't want this to be a habit of too much overexposure. I think this award and the memorial service have been emotional enough for these kids. Time to let them go back to their private lives.
=========================================================
http://www.etonline.com/awards/grammys/2010/2010/02/83552/index.html

Copyright 2010 Kevin Mazur / Getty Images
Sources close to Michael Jackson's family reveal details behind the King of Pop's children's acceptance speech of their late father's Grammy award on Sunday night.

The source says Blanket became overwhelmed moments before his brother Prince Michael and sister Paris took the stage.

Joined by their cousins, Prince accepted his father's Lifetime Achievement Award, saying of his dad, "Through all his songs, his message was simple -- love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world." ET's source says Prince wrote his own speech for the awards ceremony and had been practicing for a couple of weeks.

Paris also spoke to the audience, saying, "We love you daddy." Paris did not want to speak to the audience but her grandmother Katherine Jackson is said to have prompted her to say something.

Afterward, the children attended an awards dinner. Onlookers say Prince didn't let the Grammy award out of his sight.

The entertainment shows just reported that Katherine was backstage with the kids.

I thought it was so cute that Prince memorized his speech.

I was in high school and had problem memorizing my presentations...Couldn't do it without a cheat sheet in front of my face.

God bless Prince for thanking US, the fans. That was so amazing of him to do. Just like Michael, always thinking of others. How sweet was that?
"we would also like to thank the fans, my Father loved you so much, because you're always there for him" :weeping:
beautiful children :cry:

How deep was Prince's words to us, the fans?

He could've stopped after saying

'we would also like to thank the fans'
:clapping:

OR stopped at

'we would also like to thank the fans, my Father loved you so much'
:clapping::clapping:

But he went even DEEPER and said

'BECAUSE you're always there for him'

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

i mean normal for them, when mj was here they weren't paraded around in 'cute' matching outfits or up on stage in front of millions. that's what i mean by normal and stability.. they should just be doing the things they did when michael was here so they can feel 'normal'. but ok, i wont go on about it anymore, just airing my views. i hope they are happy and that is all...

Yes, Michael protected them but he knew that wouldn't last forever. I don''t agree that the kids were paraded around as you say. I think they wanted to honor their father. THey are proud of him. Michael raised his kids to be discerning and strong. I don't think anyone made them wear "cute" matching outfits. I think they wore what they wanted to wear. Paris is still wearing Michaels glasses. She is so cute. They both are. Anyway, we all want the same thing, for them to be happy. I understand that we all have different opinions about these things. It's all in love!

hmm, I know that I in the minority here - but I did not enjoy the tribute.

Perhaps I am being overly selfish - I mean they all sounded great - but I don't want to hear others sing his song as a tribute

I, and I stress I, personally would have preferred a 10 - 15 minutes tribute showing his past Grammy Appearances /Performances/Acceptances of his awards and various clips..

I do agree that Prince Michael and Paris looked lovely - and they did an exceptional job receiving the life time achievement award - which must have been overwhelming..

However, I find it interesting, that a man of Michaels enormous talent (and length of career) that he received the award posthumously.

After that I saw the kids leave the stage - I went straight away and watched the '88 Grammys' Performance - AMAZING still 22 years after!

hmm, I know that I in the minority here - but I did not enjoy the tribute.

Perhaps I am being overly selfish - I mean they all sounded great - but I don't want to hear others sing his song as a tribute

I, and I stress I, personally would have preferred a 10 - 15 minutes tribute showing his pass Grammy Appearances /Performances/Acceptances of his awards and various clips..

I do agree that Prince Michael and Paris looked lovely - and they did an exceptional job receiving the life time achievement award - which must have been overwhelming..

However, I find it interesting, that a man of Michaels enormous talent (and length of career) that he received the award posthumously.

After that I saw the kids leave the stage - I went straight away and watched the '88 Grammys' Performance - AMAZING still 22 years after!

I actually did enjoy the tribute...However, nothing beats Michael's powerful performance of Earth Song....NOTHING....

But, I thought they did a great job because it came from the heart....I love how they finally, finally, tried to send out Mike's message.....

The kids did incredible though..it was hard to watch.....

But, I agree, they should have done A LOT more with the tribute....And, yes, 1988, Grammy's.....no words....

I feel awful after watching all of that. :boohoo:It is really emotional, Michael should be here, and I'll never forget that. The children made me cry. God bless them, they are truly Michael's legacy. They did wonderfully, I know Michael is proud, and I'm proud of them too. They are brave. Their father instilled strength and character into those kids. Michael was brave as well. He faced a constant onslaught of ridicule and negativity, and he did it with dignity, courage, and strength. These kids are a living testimonial of what a great father, no make that a great man, he was. It's said music is his legacy. I disagree. Those kids are his true legacy, and they'll be a force to reckoned with in the years to come because of the L.O.V.E. message their father instilled in them from birth.

And, Lionel's reaction to those kids is very touching as well. His embrace was genuine, supportive, and loving even, and IMO, it shows how much he cares for them. Michael would've been so happy to see the love others are showing for those that were the most precious to him. I am so glad they were received so warmly by the audience. I think Paris paved the road into everyone's hearts with her emotional speech at the memorial service for all of three of them.

That is a wonderful post Billie Jean. You are right on.

Stars talk about Michael in this interview:

[youtube]FtDk5mOYwxk[/youtube]

I watched this over and over since last night and was reminded how much I LOVE Earth Song. That was always one of my favorite Michael Jackson songs. And it was very fitting song to sing in light of recent events. I'm glad the usual road to Billie Jean and Beat It wasn't taken. Michael always said that the favorite songs of his were related to environment and children and brotherhood. Earth Song was perfect. Michael's voice and seeing his pictures just moved me.

Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Usher, Carrie Underwood and Smokey Robinson were excellent. Just hearing Michael's voice booming and the singers bringing in their voices in worked very well. They did the song justice. By the way, does Smokey Robinson EVER age? He's STILL fiiine after all these decades.

When Prince and Paris came out hand in hand in Michaeleque outfits, my heart just melt. Lovely surprise seeing and hearing Prince talk. His voice is surprisingly deeper than I thought it would be...but he is about to enter into his teens so his voice is starting to take a new direction. He's such a handsome and eloquent kid...and I can see Michael in him...especially in the eyes. He still got that little baby face. And Miss Paris is such a beautiful and poised young lady. Beautiful eyes. And was she wearing little heels and lip gloss? These kids are getting so big!!

When they spoke l was almost saying the words with them. I could tell they had a mixture of nerves and emotion. But they pulled through. They did well. It was good for Taj, Tarrell and TJ to be on stage to give them support; and I loved that Lionel presented the award. Lionel Richie and the Jackson family go waaay back---back to when the Commodores used to open up for the Jackson 5. Little Blanket was backstage. It was probably too much for a 7 year old. I saw a picture of him--such a cute and precious little thing..looking like Michael's twin.

I am not sure how Michael would have felt getting a Lifetime Achievement Award when he was alive. It kind of implies that your greatest achievements are behind you. Michael would have never stopped achieving.

Like you guys said that is the last time i am going to watch the Grammys too. They better do something about giving him the awards he should have gotten for BAD or do something spectacular to get me to watch again. I have not watched for years and I have not missed anything. They know now which KING and FANS are the masters now!!! (MJ and Us)

The entertainment shows just reported that Katherine was backstage with the kids.

I thought it was so cute that Prince memorized his speech.

I was in high school and had problem memorizing my presentations...Couldn't do it without a cheat sheet in front of my face.
So Mrs. Jackson was there what was her son b/tching about on twitter then?

How deep was Prince's words to us, the fans?

He could've stopped after saying

'we would also like to thank the fans'
:clapping:

OR stopped at

'we would also like to thank the fans, my Father loved you so much'
:clapping::clapping:

But he went even DEEPER and said

'BECAUSE you're always there for him'

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
I agree with you, just shows you what the kids were aware and what Mike discussed with them. They seem to understand why Michael loved/appreciated us. You know how must ''icons'' or ''stars'' in general like to single out their fans... or think fans aren't that important.. but Michael was never like this, and his kids know it.

these kids know the world was unfair to their father. they want to do something positive to honor their father. they are brave kids. btw: didn't Paris wear her own glass?

I was so happy i went to bed crying my eyes out Them kids are meant to be here I'm so proud of their father and them. I'm proud they stood up there and represented their daddy letting the world know once again that their daddy is a legend and he loved his fans. God bless them they are his blessing. Paris so beautiful Prince did his thing sounding like a young MICHEAL

I thought I heard right! Lol!
I havent watched my recording back yet. I want to replay that part to check.

The rumors would have started eventually about MJ making a Grammy apprearance.
But how, when he would have been in concert.

I think when Grammy talks began last year, the London dates weren't set yet. Remember, those 2010 dates were only added after the first 10-31 shows (scheduled for 2009) started selling out. It's also very possible that he could have appreared via satellite in some way. Either way, I think the main point Paris was trying to make is that her father's intention was to be ALIVE and present in some form or fashion for this year's Grammys. :(

Well it turned out better than I thought. But I don't want this to be a habit of too much overexposure. I think this award and the memorial service have been emotional enough for these kids. Time to let them go back to their private lives.
=========================================================
http://www.etonline.com/awards/grammys/2010/2010/02/83552/index.html

Copyright 2010 Kevin Mazur / Getty Images
Sources close to Michael Jackson's family reveal details behind the King of Pop's children's acceptance speech of their late father's Grammy award on Sunday night.

The source says Blanket became overwhelmed moments before his brother Prince Michael and sister Paris took the stage.

Joined by their cousins, Prince accepted his father's Lifetime Achievement Award, saying of his dad, "Through all his songs, his message was simple -- love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world." ET's source says Prince wrote his own speech for the awards ceremony and had been practicing for a couple of weeks.

Paris also spoke to the audience, saying, "We love you daddy." Paris did not want to speak to the audience but her grandmother Katherine Jackson is said to have prompted her to say something.

Afterward, the children attended an awards dinner. Onlookers say Prince didn't let the Grammy award out of his sight.

1. Totally understandable about Blanket. Poor baby. :(

2. I personally doubt Mrs. Jackson had to prompt Paris too much, if true. Based on a few ppl who have visited the kids, she doesn't miss a chance to speak about her father or wear t-shirts with him on them. Media and haters better watch out when she gets older. Juuuust a feeling I get. :)

3. Good to know someone is keeping an eye out for Michael's things. If only Prince were 18 or 21 right now I know a lot of us would feel a lot more confident about the state of his father's affairs. However, it's good to know one of his babies is ALREADY lookin' out...and he's only almost 13.

Yes, Michael protected them but he knew that wouldn't last forever. I don''t agree that the kids were paraded around as you say. I think they wanted to honor their father. THey are proud of him. Michael raised his kids to be discerning and strong. I don't think anyone made them wear "cute" matching outfits. I think they wore what they wanted to wear. Paris is still wearing Michaels glasses. She is so cute. They both are. Anyway, we all want the same thing, for them to be happy. I understand that we all have different opinions about these things. It's all in love!

Well said. Totally agree. :flowers:

I think Prince did a beautiful job with his speech. He covered so much in so few words. The kids looked beautiful and composed. Their little outfits made me smile a mile wide, especially Paris' with the ruffles and white socks. :give_heart: They even found a way to pay tribute to their father's love of sparkle and shine with their little sparkly jackets. :wub: I think Michael would've been proud all around. They are a true testament to his abilities as a good father and person. Okay, Imma stop here cuz I can't type anymore. Too much. And the pix of Blanket...omg. :cry: Mini-Mike all over!

In short, I think they're going to be okay.

All we need now is JUSTICE!

Back