Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Larry King will talk about the kids' grammy appearance after the break.

Larry King just said that Dame Elizabeth Taylor signed the Michael Jackson Opus that is being auctioned for Haiti.

To answer your questions: He just said the kids stole the show last night and replayed Prince's & Paris' speeches. At the very end, he mentioned the Opus being signed by ET.

I watched the entertainment shows today, and all of them covered the kids. Most of them had them as their first story. This is so scary because they are so young , yet, you can tell the press & the public cannot get enough of them.

Last edited:
Larry King will talk about the kids' grammy appearance after the break.

Thanks for the heads up but I missed it. Came in at the part where Paris was speaking and then Larry King mentioned Elizabeth Taylor just signed the Opus up for auction...Currently at $19,000. Did anyone catch what he said before that?

Thanks for the heads up but I missed it. Came in at the part where Paris was speaking and then Larry King mentioned Elizabeth Taylor just signed the Opus up for auction...Currently at $19,000. Did anyone catch what he said before that?

they just showed the clip of Prince and Paris speech. then said Dame signed Opus....

hmm, I know that I in the minority here - but I did not enjoy the tribute.

Perhaps I am being overly selfish - I mean they all sounded great - but I don't want to hear others sing his song as a tribute

I, and I stress I, personally would have preferred a 10 - 15 minutes tribute showing his past Grammy Appearances /Performances/Acceptances of his awards and various clips..

I do agree that Prince Michael and Paris looked lovely - and they did an exceptional job receiving the life time achievement award - which must have been overwhelming..

However, I find it interesting, that a man of Michaels enormous talent (and length of career) that he received the award posthumously.

After that I saw the kids leave the stage - I went straight away and watched the '88 Grammys' Performance - AMAZING still 22 years after!

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying here until the bolded part. Wasn't this his second and this was unprecedented? :scratch: I'm looking on Wikipedia now and I'm not seeing anything... :bugeyed

I thought both Prince and Paris looked so wonderful. And the way Prince spoke...oozed of Michael Jackson. I'm so proud of them.

How deep was Prince's words to us, the fans?

He could've stopped after saying

'we would also like to thank the fans'
:clapping:

OR stopped at

'we would also like to thank the fans, my Father loved you so much'
:clapping::clapping:

But he went even DEEPER and said

'BECAUSE you're always there for him'

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

That's what really grabbed me. Everytime the brothers would go on stage, they never really thanked the fans. But Michael's son (who wrote the speech himself and memorized it) took that moment to thank the people who loved his father so much: his fans.

That says a lot about his character. Michael was a great father. Even the women of The View this morning (including Barbara) were glowing at how wonderful Michael raised his kids.

Last edited:
hmm, I know that I in the minority here - but I did not enjoy the tribute.

Perhaps I am being overly selfish - I mean they all sounded great - but I don't want to hear others sing his song as a tribute

I, and I stress I, personally would have preferred a 10 - 15 minutes tribute showing his past Grammy Appearances /Performances/Acceptances of his awards and various clips..

I do agree that Prince Michael and Paris looked lovely - and they did an exceptional job receiving the life time achievement award - which must have been overwhelming..

However, I find it interesting, that a man of Michaels enormous talent (and length of career) that he received the award posthumously.

After that I saw the kids leave the stage - I went straight away and watched the '88 Grammys' Performance - AMAZING still 22 years after!

I've always thought that the Michael Jackson tribute + Award was just another attempt to gain more viewers to another dull awards ceremony. Lets be honest, the Grammy People have never liked Michael to start of with. I mean how does Beyonce get 6 Awards when Michael's Bad album only got 2. And don't get me started with all the other times when Michael should of won the awards.............

And they (the Grammy people) still refuse to give Michael the "MusiCares Person Of The Year" award, which is basically the award for the artist who has done the most for charity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusiCares_Person_of_the_Year

But then again.....even Bob Geldof has never won that award either!!!!!!!!

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

Well I hope the Grammy folks enjoyed it, because they won't ever see those numbers again. LOL!

First of all, please excuse my poor understanding of this Grammy things. I am really ignorant in this matter, so this is why I will ask this... please do not make fun... well... here is my question:

If they ever release any NEW album with UNRELEASED/UNKNOWN songs of Michael, songs properly mixed and done as good as possible.... could that work be nominated for any Grammy/Awards?

I think I have heard of some awards for late works of people like Elvis or others, but I never paid any attention to that info.

So... would this be possible?

Or I am just too silly to believe so? :mello:

First of all, please excuse my poor understanding of this Grammy things. I am really ignorant in this matter, so this is why I will ask this... please do not make fun... well... here is my question:

If they ever release any NEW album with UNRELEASED/UNKNOWN songs of Michael, songs properly mixed and done as good as possible.... could that work be nominated for any Grammy/Awards?

I think I have heard of some awards for late works of people like Elvis or others, but I never paid any attention to that info.

So... would this be possible?

Or I am just too silly to believe so? :mello:

Yes it can get nominations. So you guys, stop saying you will drop the grammys forever...because MJ might be nominated in 2 years.

I was never interested in these awards shows. I watched the past several years because of MJ. I'll never watch it ever again.

You know what I was just thinking. . . Paris, Prince and Blanket own 50% of the songs written by about 75% of the artists who were there last night including Jay-Z, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Ringo Starr, Akon, Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, Pink, etc. .. . LOL!

So yeah, I wonder if those artists realized that as they saw the kids onstage??? :)

They should also own 50% copyright of WATW. . . but of course all of that is going to be donated to charity.

These kids hold the music industry in their hands.

Last edited:
these kids know the world was unfair to their father. they want to do something positive to honor their father.

This reminds me of what debbie Rowe said on the MJ program 'that the kids will stick up for their dad.....she said something like.....just wait and see'

and now we have......and to think I thought she meant when they're older ie adults.....not as a mere 11 and 12 year old!

Well done Prince and Paris.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

GRAMMY Ratings Hit High Note
The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards posted the highest ratings for Music's Biggest Night since 2004 with an average audience of 25.8 million viewers, up 35 percent from last year's telecast, and marked increases across key demographics, according to preliminary ratings results from Nielsen. Compared to last year's telecast, the GRAMMYs posted a 36 percent increase in adults 25–54, and a 32 percent increase in both adults 18–34 and 18–49. (2/1)
http://www.grammy.com/blogs/grammy-ratings-hit-high-note

Can u imagine....25.8 million viewers watched the bravery of Prince and Paris and not to mention the excellent Earth Song!!! PLUS all of the LIVESTREAM watchers...plus more viewers from Youtube.

I wonder if the 35% increase was due to th MICHAEL JACKSON FANS!

I wouldn't doubt it at all!

Prince and Paris were just great...they made me cry...Michael was such a special father...he was special in everything he did...I miss you so much Mickey...
and yes, we support Michael and we will always love and defend him.and if the children will need our help someday we will be there for them too!

of course Michael and his wonderfull kids still the show!

I only watched it for the tribute.......Grammys was otherwise boring. i did my housework when the other artists were on and when I figured the Earth song should be on soon. I stopped to watch.

My jaw dropped when l saw Beyonce doing the drill l was like wtf? Men this is the last time am watching Grammys. They humiliated Michael for the awards he should have won for BAD album.

So B has won 16 til now. Am tired of her faces.

I checked out Beyonce's performance on youtube because you said she copied MJ. She definitely did! How lame!

and u know he will sweep the board so they can get big ratings by getting the kids there again. it will all be so obvious

Lady Gaga was good, Pink was great but the Michael Jackson tribute was incredible! The power of Michael's recorded vocals booming was awesome! I loved the WOOOO's near the end of the "what about..." part :)

I think the only thing that was truly WOOOOW about the earth song performance was Michael's own voice and his cute images on the screens!

no-one can ever sing like Michael..or make a song like him.. R.I.P Music.

Only Michael can bring in ratings like that. I usually don't watch the Grammy's but I tuned in this year just for him!

I will not watch again-ever.

My jaw dropped when l saw Beyonce doing the drill l was like wtf? Men this is the last time am watching Grammys.

I checked out Beyonce's performance on youtube because you said she copied MJ. She definitely did! How lame!

I think the use of the Drill outfits was done on purpose.

Now I feel bad again about the kids at the Grammys. I spoke to my cousin about it and he said they shouldn't be exploited for obsessed fans - ie. he meant us.

Last edited:

Earth Song surged to #44 on US I-Tunes Music Charts and THIS IS IT remains in the #1 spot on I-Tunes Movie Charts (it's 6th day in this position).

BTW I guess Janet said before, that she wasn't going to make it to the grammys this year???

Thanks Smooth, and what about This Is It DVD chart positions in the US, UK ....?

Back