Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Yes, that was so touching and so, so personal.
I don't know if this might sound silly, but ever since June these words of Prince have been the ones I have felt more personal, like those were especially to me, recognizing all the pain I (we) have also been through. Just the way Michael is: no matter what his pain, he would always think of us as individuals. That is really beutiful. I treasure Prince words in my heart as meant for me. For all of us. That was very comforting, yet heartbreaking.

OMG.... all emotions mixed up in a few minutes. All over again, proud, joy, sadness, cry, hapiness, lonelyness... I never thought I would live to see this day. Never.

I agree completely. Prince spoke directly to us from his heart. It was very touching and his words have been stuck in my head ever since. It was a great moment and he definitely spoke for Michael too. What he said I can hear Michael saying in his own voice. Very beautiful and unforgettable.
I've been reading all the great articles posted about them this morning and even just reading his words, I tear up.

And i mean this in the most friendly and innocent way of course, Paris looks like a lovely young lady, definitely very beautiful.

Absolutely.
She is really very beutiful and she looks very much after her mother.
I also thought of Debbie last night... I wonder what she felt.... She must be proud of her kids too. I mean, I am proud and I but a fan :)

When Prince said that they were gonna continue to care for the living, the world...it reminded me so much of what they did for that dog last year. The dog that had a accident or something similar, no wait..he was found somewhere, abandoned, they took care of him. So much like their father...so great.

There you are. It's the little things that can mean so much. YOu don't need to be on the spotlight to do good. In fact, Michael did it from the heart, not for the camaras :)

I agree completely. Prince spoke directly to us from his heart. It was very touching and his words have been stuck in my head ever since. It was a great moment and he definitely spoke for Michael too. What he said I can hear Michael saying in his own voice. Very beautiful and unforgettable.
I've been reading all the great articles posted about them this morning and even just reading his words, I tear up.

:hug:
So I am not that crazy, I felt the same.
Thanks so much. It's so good to feel we are not alone in this, but we are together all the way :)
Thank you so much!

Oh god. I cannot stop thinking about them.
It breaks my heart. Michael was SO close with his children. They were inseparable. I can't imagine how hard it is for them, he was in their lives everyday. Now they will never see him again? Oh .. it is not fair *crys* :weeping:
I don't understand!!! :cry:

Em_Mj we all can't understand why :cry: :yes:

i still dream the same dream over and over the dream past 12 years and it never endding tell i met him :cry: but it never happen anymore :(

i still hear his voice inside of me :yes:

Blanket looks so much like Michael, I just want to give them all a big hug. They did their daddy proud last night. Customers at my work were talking about this today and the one thing they all said was that it showed everyone what an amazing job Michael did in raising such wonderful children.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sj-yzRWMm1k&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sj-yzRWMm1k&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Absolutely.
She is really very beutiful and she looks very much after her mother.
I also thought of Debbie last night... I wonder what she felt.... She must be proud of her kids too. I mean, I am proud and I but a fan :)

There you are. It's the little things that can mean so much. YOu don't need to be on the spotlight to do good. In fact, Michael did it from the heart, not for the camaras :)

Exactly, completely from the heart. That is MJ, and his children, i love that, i can apreciate that so much. These kids will be doing great things for others with the money and love they can give.

I couldn’t stop crying over those poor kids being on stage without their wonderful father. It is so cruel. It shouldn’t be that way. Then I had nightmares the whole night and didn’t really get a good sleep. This morning I woke with a feeling that I just want Michael to come back and live a happy life with his kids and share his love with his fans again and everything would go back to normal. ….It was too soon for him to go. The simple fact that it never will happen just killed me once again.
Now everybody does tributes for Michael. Everybody looked so excited and cheerful at Grammy’s, everybody paid respect to Michael. I wonder where were all these celebs when the person needed help? I have read somewhere that celebs in Hollywood even tried to avoid being in contact with MJ because he had a reputation of being “weird” etc. This world is deeply sick.
I am proud of MJ kids too. Michael did a very good job.
God bless them.

Im so proud of both of them.

Both were obviously very shaken but they got through it.

Both look so much older than they are!

I loved that the children were there to take this award...it must have been really hard for them, but at the same time I honestly think they wanted to do it...you can really see this in their attitude. :D
I know some of you do not agree with them being on stage, but, like someone said before, to me they represent in a way the living legacy of Michael...sometimes in the way they behave, or their gestures or how they speak, you can see a little piece of Michael.:yes::yes::yes: And it gives you a tiny bit of comfort...

I agree with you guys...Blanket's eyes are just like Michael's...such a cute boy. All three are adorable!!!:wub:

Michael did a wonderful job with his little Jacksons. I love what Prince said and I love the way he said it. Every time Michael's children speak, it's like wow...beautiful!

Thank you God for not allowing Gloria Allred to do what she was trying to do to Michael's children. She was trying to force her way into their lives to fix something that clearly was never broken.

for UK ppl it will be shown this wednesday on itv2 21.00-23-00

Updated February 01, 2010
Prince and Paris Choke Up: Will This Be End of Michael Jackson Tributes?

By Hollie McKay
- FOXNews.com

Jackson kids choke up talking about their dad, perhaps for the last time.

aaa-blue.jpg

Prince and Paris Jackson, children of perhaps the world's most famous man, stepped into unfamiliar territory at the 52nd Grammy Awards on Sunday night – the spotlight.
Michael Jackson’s eldest children, who he always protected from the public eye, accepted their dad’s posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award, and while their courage brought about a standing ovation, it was clear the two had trouble getting through their speech.
HOT/NOT: Best/worst of Grammy red carpet.
"We are proud to be here to accept this award on behalf of our father, Michael Jackson," 12-year-old Prince said, before getting choked up and stammering. "First of all, we'd like to thank God for watching over us for the past seven months. And our grandmother and grandfather for their love and support. We would also like to thank the fans. Our father loved you so much because you were always there for him. Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity. Through all his hard work and dedication, he's helped with many charities and donated to all of them.”
Eleven-year-old Paris closed the acceptance with a few more words; however she was clearly overcome by the moment.
POLL: How bad do Jackson kids have it?
"Daddy was supposed to be here, Daddy was gonna perform this year," she said quickly. "He couldn't perform last year. Thank you, we love you, Daddy."
The King of Pop also has a seven-year-old son, Blanket, who Pop Tarts is told was never slated to make an appearance.
KITCHEN SINK FASHION: Every outfit of note on the Grammy red carpet.
And if paying tribute to their late father wasn’t emotional enough, on top of that, Prince and Paris also had to return to the Staples Center, the site of Michael Jackson’s memorial last summer, and the very same stage on which their dad spent hours rehearsing just prior to his death.
“It was sad, they were very overwhelmed and seemed confused by it all,” a source close to the Jackson family told Pop Tarts. “It took right up to the 11th hour for everyone involved to agree, but the children did really want to it. They’ve had to grow up a lot – last year at the memorial they were just little kids and now they’ve really grown up.”
According to our insider, MJ’s children are being very well taken care of by their grandmother Katherine and are coping “pretty well,” but there is some concern that the constant string of Michael Jackson tributes that have taken place since his death could be having a negative impact on their healing process.
“They’re getting tired of all these tributes, it is not letting them move on,” said our source. “It’s not healthy.”
On the note of the highly-anticipated 3-D Michael Jackson “Earth” tribute that brought together Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Usher and Smokey Robinson, would it have been a lot more meaningful had Michael’s brothers done the honors instead?
“Remember, there was no Michael Jackson without the Jackson Five. It was a missed opportunity not getting them (the brothers) all together for this,” added our insider. “And Berry Gordy (Motown founder) was sitting in the audience and it was disappointing that he wasn’t a part of it either.”

http://ow.ly/16tnK5

Posted: Mon Feb 01 2010 1:17 pm Post subject: PICS Michael Jackson's Kids PARIS PRINCE Jackson THE GRAMMYS

In a truth telling show of what kind of father he was, Michael Jackson's children Prince and Paris Jackson were on stage at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. In a very sincere, and sweet way, Prince spoke about Michaels' love and philanthropic work for the environment. Accompanied by their cousins, formally of the boy band '3t', Paris also said a quick thank you, wearing her fathers signature high wader pants and white socks.

attach_pic.php

I was worried about them doing this, but I have to say I feel proud of them (is that strange?).

I don't mean to sound like I think the children should be used for this purpose (because that would be kinda exploting them) - but each time they speak about their dad they have made people realise (hopefully) that Michael was a person, a good father, not the media created caricature which is how some people view him - as not 'real'. So when people are making fun of, and writing crap about him they need to realise they are making fun and writing crap about the father of these young children, who they love. Not 'Michael Jackson' the character.. I can't explain properly..

I was worried about them doing this, but I have to say I feel proud of them (is that strange?).

I don't mean to sound like I think the children should be used for this purpose (because that would be kinda exploting them) - but each time they speak about their dad they have made people realise (hopefully) that Michael was a person, a good father, not the media created caricature which is how some people view him - as not 'real'. So when people are making fun of, and writing crap about him they need to realise they are making fun and writing crap about the father of these young children, who they love. Not 'Michael Jackson' the character.. I can't explain properly..

spot on:clapping:

Here's another good review of the tribute. (worth commenting on)

http://tinyurl.com/yctm476

[It was one of the most beautiful and soul-stirring moments of the evening when an emotional Prince Michael spoke:]

I know exactly what you mean :angel:

im kind of up set now that they think the brothers should have been there... This wasnt about the brothers. This was about MICHAEL, this was FOR MICHAEL not his brothers. Michael went SOLO to get away from his brothers.

omg! ok lol calmness! yesh!

They are so beautiful. I cry every time when I watch this video.
I love Michael and his children :angel:

Great post. I know exactly what you're saying. I've thought about it this way also.

Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

Averages 26.6 million viewers, up 40 percent

By Toni Fitzgerald
Feb 1, 2010

Buoyed by multiple tributes to the late pop star Michael Jackson, last night's Grammy Awards on CBS soared to their best viewership in nearly a decade.

The three-hour show averaged 26.6 million total viewers from 8 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up 40 percent over the 19 million who watched last year's show.

As a reminder, overnights measure timeslot data and not actual program data, and they do not account for time zone differences. Thus final numbers could adjust.

That was the best tune-in since 2001, when the show averaged 26.65 million viewers. The show drew a 10.0 rating among 18-49s, 35 percent better than last year and its best in six years.

The boost is no doubt largely due to the tributes to Jackson, which included a lifetime achievement award, accepted by two of his children, and a 3D video that he'd planned to play at the concert tour he'd been rehearsing for when he died last summer. A number of singers lent vocals to the video last night.

CBS led the night among 18-49s with an 8.1 average overnight rating and a 20 share. ABC was second at 2.7/6, Fox third at 2.0/5, NBC fourth at 1.0/2 and Univision fifth at 0.8/2.

As a reminder, all ratings are based on live-plus-same-day DVR playback. Seven-day DVR data won’t be available for several weeks. Thirty-four percent of Nielsen households have DVRs.

At 7 p.m. ABC was first with a 2.4 for “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” followed by CBS with a 2.2 for “60 Minutes.” NBC was third with a 0.9 for “Dateline,” Fox fourth with a 0.8 for an hour of “'Til Death” and Univision fifth with a 0.7 for the end of a Mexican league soccer game and the first half hour of “Premios Oye: La Alfombra Azul.”

CBS took the lead at 8 p.m. with a 9.7 for the first hour of the Grammys, while Fox moved to second with a 2.3 for “The Simpsons” (2.4) and “The Cleveland Show” (2.2). ABC was third with a 2.2 for “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” and NBC and Univision tied for fourth at 0.8, NBC for another hour of “Dateline” and Univision for the end of “La Alfombra Azul” and the start of “Premios Oye.”

At 9 p.m. CBS was first with a 10.4 for the Grammys, followed by ABC with a series-low 3.7 for “Desperate Housewives.” Fox was third with a 2.8 for “Family Guy” (3.2) and “American Dad” (2.5), NBC fourth with a 1.1 for the first hour of “SNL Presents: Spots All-Stars” and Univision fifth with a 0.8 for “Premios Oye.”

CBS was first again at 10 p.m. with a 9.9 for more Grammys, while ABC remained second with a series-low 2.4 for “Brothers & Sisters.” NBC was third with a 1.3 for the second half of its “SNL” special and Univision fourth with a 0.7 for the final hour of “Premios Oye.”

Among households, CBS led the night with a 12.9 average overnight rating and a 20 share. ABC was second at 5.5/9, NBC and Fox tied for third at 2.5/4 and Univision fifth at 1.1/2.

Media Life Magazine - Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

im kind of up set now that they think the brothers should have been there... This wasnt about the brothers. This was about MICHAEL, this was FOR MICHAEL not his brothers. Michael went SOLO to get away from his brothers.

omg! ok lol calmness! yesh!

ah don't be upset about it. it was just one article quoting a source in the family. while reading it I wondered who that source might have been. Randy? or probably Jermaine? with all due respect can you imagine the brothers singing Earth song? they don't have voices for that.

Re: Big surge for Grammys over Jackson

of course. and it looks like Conan was right about nbc. always in fourth place.

and, of course, 2001 was the last time grammys were big..that was the year MJ was promoting Invincible and fans hoped he'd get grammys for that.

Back