Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Prince and Paris Jackson alongside Michael's voice and message were the BEST THING there,

the other stuff was superfitial, I was not watching the grammys lateley cause i knew "the surprise guest" they always make it sound like it was MJ, he NEVER WAS THERE :lol: , now Michael is gone, of course he wil never be there... NEVER WATCHING THESE SHOWS AGAIN ;D THANKS GOD, i cant tolerate them now... i mean i a Michael fan... :lol:

only the Oscars, cause I LOVE MOVIES :yes: and GOOD ACTOR and ACTRESSES, i mean good ones.

Those children are his true legacy. May he watch over them forever and I agree with people saying that Lionel is genuine, he really is, I'm glad it was him on that stage and I'm glad it were 3T accompanying them and not someone else.

Back again and I knew it. Someone had to report negatively about it. Stupid people. It's a german article saying it was embarassing, their outfits looked like carneval and so on. She wrote that because in the end of the article, she's claiming Joe forced them like he forced everyone of his children. Ignorant. God thanks you can leave a comment there, I'll definitely register.
If someone speaks german, here's the link http://www.welt.de/fernsehen/articl...ckson-Kinder.html?page=1#article_readcomments

This article is absolutely below the belt. The author continues the shattering coverage that was common practice for certain media when they wrote about MJ. It's a slap in the face of every objective coverage. Shame on this author! :mat:

Blanket2010Grammyawards-1.jpg
Awww :cry:

Oh they did so well. Its hard for me to watch though :( But they did really well. This was the first time Prince has ever spoken publicly isn't it? He did a very good job even though he was real nervous!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/02/01/arts/01grammy06/popup.jpg

From left, Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson, Usher and Carrie Underwood.

A touching high-tech tribute to Michael Jackson

Viewers at home and in the Staples Center see a 3-D film that was to be part of his 2009 comeback concerts. His children also make short speeches.

By Greg Braxton
February 1, 2010

In the first Grammy Awards since his death last June, Michael Jackson was saluted in an elaborate tribute that mixed 3-D technology, a rousing all-star chorus and a poignant appearance by two of his children.

After an introduction from Lionel Richie, television viewers and the Staples Center audience were instructed to put on 3-D glasses and view footage for a film originally produced for Jackson's comeback concerts. The film showed a little girl in an ecological paradise that is destroyed by bulldozers.

As images of the girl playing in lush forests unfolded, Jackson's voice was heard speaking about his awe for nature. After the opening lines of "Earth Song," Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson appeared one by one to accompany Jackson's voice.

Some in the star-studded crowd applauded politely, while others cheered with urgent enthusiasm. Beyoncé could barely stay in her seat, and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino vibrantly bobbed his head. Beyoncé's husband, Jay-Z, did not wear the 3-D glasses.

However, everyone seemed captivated by two of Jackson's children, Prince Michael and Paris, when they appeared on stage to accept their late father's lifetime achievement award. It was one of the first public glimpses of Jackson's children since their emotional appearance at his televised memorial service last year.

Prince Michael said his father's songs had a simple message -- love -- "and we will continue to spread that message." Paris said her father had planned to perform at this year's Grammys. Both children ended their short speeches with "I love you, Daddy."

greg.braxton@latimes.com

Times staff writer Geoff Boucher contributed to this report.

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/news/env-et-grammy-jackson1-2010feb01,0,65568.story

The Jackson Kids Channel Michael's Love

By Brian Orloff

Sunday January 31, 2010 10:30 PM EST

Michael Jackson's eldest children spread a simple – yet powerful – message at Sunday's Grammy Awards while accepting their late father's Lifetime Achievement Award midway through the live telecast.

"Through all his songs, [our father's] message was simple: love," Prince Michael, 12, said on stage at the Staples Center, surrounded by his cousins and sister Paris, 11. "We will continue to spread his message and help the world."

In an emotional moment during a performance-heavy telecast, the late King of Pop's children thanked fans for their support after Jackson's death on June 25. "We are proud to accept this award on behalf of our father," Prince Michael said. "We'd like to thank God for watching over us for these past seven months and our grandma and grandpa for their love and support. We would also like to thank the fans; our father loved you so much because you were always there for him."

His sister, Paris, who gave a touching tribute to her father at his memorial service over the summer, told the crowd, "Daddy was going to perform this here [last year]," then said, "Thank you. We love you, Daddy."

Moments earlier, Lionel Richie introduced the segment, which began with a powerhouse collaboration, featuring Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Celine Dion and Smokey Robinson, who sang Jackson's "Earth Song" backed by images of nature and featuring vocals recorded by Jackson. The segment was also filmed in 3-D, with glasses available for viewers to pick up from Target before the show.

"In the song we're about to hear, Michael beautifully expresses the need for our humanity to be in greater harmony with Mother Earth," Richie said.

"Earth Song" was scheduled to be included in Jackson's July 2009 comeback concerts in London, and part of the video clip was included in the recent documentary, This Is It. It also marks the first time an awards show featured a 3-D performance.

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20332903_20340512,00.html

Michael Jackson 'Earth Song' Grammy Tribute Focuses On His Love Of The Planet

The Michael Jackson Grammy tribute focused on his love of the planet. Jennifer Hudson, Usher, Carrie Underwood and more singers took part in the 3-D tribute.

So much emotion came from the Michael Jackson tribute during the Grammy Awards on Sunday night (January 31). Lionel Richie — Jackson's longtime friend and "We Are The World" collaborator — introduced the set, saying Michael "dared to believe that he could make the world a better place."

As the performance began, we heard the timeless icon's voice talk about the how he hated pollution and destruction of the earth. "That stuff really bothers me," Jackson said in the recording. "That's why I write these kinda songs, to give some kind of awareness and awakening and hope to people. I love the planet. I love trees. When the colors are changing in the leaves, I love it." The recording led into Jackson's "Earth Song."

Usher followed up MJ's vocals, walking onstage singing, "Did you ever stop to notice/ All the blood we've shed before?/ Did you ever stop to notice/ The crying Earth, the weeping shores?"

"What have we done to the world?" Jackson's voice came back in. Behind the performers was a mini-movie, which was featured in the concert film "Michael Jackson's This Is It," playing on huge screens. The film was in 3-D, and you could see celebrities in the audience such as Beyoncé and Rihanna wearing 3-D glasses.

"What about flowering fields?" Carrie Underwood came out singing. "Is there a time?/ What about all the dreams/ That you said was yours and mine?" Jennifer Hudson then joined in, and Smokey Robinson came next.

As the song ended, they all turned, with their backs facing the audience, to look at photos of the late Jackson on screens that hung above the stage.

Jackson's children, Prince Michael and Paris, accepted a Grammy lifetime-achievement award for their father after the performance.

"Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity," Prince said. "Through all his hard work and dedication, he has helped many charities and donated to all of them. Throughout his songs, his message was simple: love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world. Thank you. We love you, Daddy."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/16..._michael.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

Someone called Target to complain about the 3D glasses!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHRYAEx-KA

"Other people saw whales swimming on their carpet.. they saw Usher jumpin in their face.. you know, they said Smokey Robinson was walking in their living room.. and meanwhile back in the ranch i didn't see any of that"

- hah!

On the call she sounds like she's seriously complaining.. this must be a joke right? The call is funny!

How was the 3D stuff though? Did it work?

Last edited:
Oh Gosh :cry: They are so beautiful! Michael would be so proud of them, I love them very much. Prince and Paris spoke very well and there's no doubt they will carry on Michael's legacy. Such amazing children.

Thanks for posting all the pics and stuff.

I'm am so proud of Prince and Paris last night. I know prince was alittle nervous but he got through the speech ok and Paris was steady and strong. I'm also glad the Tito's boys was on stage with their little cousins too for support. The Grammys was something else with The 3d trib. The B lady was too something else but I'm happy she set a record 6 grammys.I'm also glad Kanye wasn't there.Pink was astounding.MS.Mary B. I cried but I cried more with Michael's tribute. I love Smokey and Celine and Jennifer when they were singing the song with Michael ,nice mix.The other woman tried her best. Roberta and Stevie Nicks was off key alittle,It was those ear plugs.. I feel his song "This Is It" should have gotten a mention and An Acknowledgement in the who's no longer with us section.Anyhoo, The show was cool.I taped it and will watch it again. And yes, Prince has a nice voice for his age. Deep like his dad. AW Our Kids are really growing up ,huh.... I know their father would be so proud of them for what they did for their father. Next The Oscars folks. Pray he gets the oscar for This Is It ......

bless their hearts :cry:
Prince is growing up so fast
and Paris is such a stunning young lady
Blanket is just so adorable :cry:
it's not fair..

I still think of these kids (Prince & Paris) as being little. Time flew.

Seriously, I feel like a proud mom right now. :p Even tough my heart broke into a tiny million pieces again, I am so proud of those precious little children. They are so brave.

Prince, I just couldn't believe that was a 12 year old kid talking!
When I was 16 my grandma passed away and my family asked me to speak at the funeral. I was nervous as hell and I only had to speak in front of 150 people. When I was around that age, I wouldn't even dare to think to speak for so many people.

This was a little KID speaking in front of thousands of people without any hesitation. He realized who the award was for, instead of Jermaine always using the ''we did bladiebladie'', and also thanked the fans. I really appreciated that and I thank Prince for his kind words to us.

Speeching with the idea that the whole world is watching you, must be tough, but he did it with such maturity. I am sure Michael is so proud!!

And Paris, she looked like a little angel again. ''Daddy should have been here tonight'', made me bawl my eyes out again. Such a strong girl, she really is turning into a lady.

I just can't express how proud I am of these kids. And the thing I love is, that you can really see that they have such a strong bond together. Always holding hands together, I am sure they will take care of each other and Blanket. I actually feel ashamed that I didn't trust this in the first place and that I didn't want them to come up on stage. I should have known better. Michael did a wonderful job with raising these kids, they are so different than other kids their age, and for me to say that they shouldn't be up there feels just wrong after watching the award show. I am so happy that they were able to honour their lovely dad.

I cannot wait, what the future brings for these kids. I am sure that they will do anything they can to keep what Michael was about alive...love.

thank you so much. that article is disgusting. im asking myself if those journalists are allowed to write and post everything they want or if there is a second one who is controlling what they wrote. that is unbelievable

There will always be people out there who's only talent is to ridicule others who are out in the world doing something. They have no courage, drive or desire to do anything themselves, so out of their jealousy and guillt they criticize and tear down those who are making the world a better place and using their gifts and talents.

We can defeat them by making our voices stronger and revealing them as the hateful, jealous people they are.

Our voices far outnumber theirs. Our love can overcome their hate.

"Other people saw whales swimming on their carpet.. they saw Usher jumpin in their face.. you know, they said Smokey Robinson was walking in their living room.. and meanwhile back in the ranch i didn't see any of that"

- hah!

On the call she sounds like she's seriously complaining.. this must be a joke right? The call is funny!

lmfao! She had me crackin' up :lmao:

I am sorry, but that pic you mad of the kids AND Michael... it's too much for me to see. It really hit me so hard to see it, so, so hard.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys - Update pg 13 (All discussion here)

I love that they performed Earth Song!! Not only is it one of my favorite songs, but it's such a powerful song and has a strong message. Michael's voice definitely outshined all the rest, too. I shed some tears, it made me miss Michael more. :( Is it just me or did Prince sound a lot like Michael (the sound of his voice)? I love that he addressed the fans! Just like Michael would have done.

God bless those children.

Man, I still can't believe what happened last night, that they were there and spoke to us, God, it's still so unreal.

I just watched Prince and Paris speech again. I thought I would be able to handle it but it made me well up with tears each time they said 'We Love you, daddy." Those children are amazing.

- hah!

:lmao:

Back