For those who are in Support of The Virtual Michael Concept and Perhaps The Future of Entertainment.

I fully support the concept of Virtual Michael but only if it closely resembles Michael's facial features and physical structure, and its moves were based on actual Michael moves, if that's not yet technically feasible, I see no reason to waste efforts and disappoint, better get an impersonator instead.

Hello :) I agree with you ,this is what I felt when I first saw it too ,oh my gosh !!! it's not Michaels likeness or movement, but I've been thinking alot about all this actually it's been on my mind constantly , you think like if people go to a Michael party or tribute show ,its the music that draws you , but to have an amazing visual like this as well would be awesome, I feel worried that people are worried like this hologram is replacing Michael and I understand how upsetting this could be , but NOTHING and NO-ONE could ever replace our Michael :huggy:. To have a visual like this sometimes with new songs will add to the experience and could work well :) it obvs needs to be worked on and sorted but you can see how much they have tried to archive already :) but it does really needs improving .

That's an N64 by the way in that photo, btw. Not an XBOX.

Anyway, as I've said countless times, I supported this before it aired. And I'll continue to support it as long as it's executed better. If they can't do any better than what we got at the Billboard Awards, I just don't think they should even continue to bother.

Re: For those who are in Support of The Virtual Michael Concept and Prehaps The Future of Entertainm

;) Your wish is my command....

Thank you Spyce ! :D I appreciate that very much and all You do here at MJJC :flowers:
i support future VMJ (if that makes sense :lol: )
I think they did a nice try - they just promised too much imo, and that's why it's a bit disappointing to me. But as time passes and the techology advances, - then im sure VMJ will be amazing :)

:lol: Yes! Future VMJ !

Yes It makes perfect sense! I really agree Pimboli Reading your post excites me a lot!. Thank you for expressing your opinion here Sister :huggy:

I fully support the concept of Virtual Michael but only if it closely resembles Michael's facial features and physical structure, and its moves were based on actual Michael moves, if that's not yet technically feasible, I see no reason to waste efforts and disappoint, better get an impersonator instead.

Thank you so much Aaliyah2k :huggy: Details are absolutely important to this project. I would like to think the Estate would consider this in due time. As this fact is highly important to most fans.

if they were to do a world tour and it featured the tracks that Michael performed on the stage, then they'd have footage to cast his face from plus the movements also! just watch this... imagine it..

would be cool if they had full song's from this angle.. remember this was created by a fan..

I'm SO with you Zakk! Exactly, if a fan can do it and that video creation is amazing, then Possibilities are unlimited... :lol:

For those who mentioned the Super bowel..... Yes. Oh Yes Please!... I too, would love people to see something like that.I can only just Imagine how beautiful that would be to totally honour Michael's Legacy through the Power of technology .

Hello :) I agree with you ,this is what I felt when I first saw it too ,oh my gosh !!! it's not Michaels likeness or movement, but I've been thinking alot about all this actually it's been on my mind constantly , you think like if people go to a Michael party or tribute show ,its the music that draws you , but to have an amazing visual like this as well would be awesome, I feel worried that people are worried like this hologram is replacing Michael and I understand how upsetting this could be , but NOTHING and NO-ONE could ever replace our Michael :huggy:. To have a visual like this sometimes with new songs will add to the experience and could work well :) it obvs needs to be worked on and sorted but you can see how much they have tried to archive already :) but it does really needs improving .

Yes. I think it's important to remember that nothing will replace Michael. We still have the original performances and I hope that by keeping Michael relevant and moving forward (or alive if you prefer) that more and more people and future generations will be interested and refer back to all that Michael left behind.

i am all for it too! and as much as i want to see the classic MJ i also like the notion of seeing what couldve been. I think that is what we saw recently at billboard... 'a glimmer of what could have been' if Michael were here right now. New dance moves mixed with classic style and as for facial expression etc.. if im honest... i think it would be more dissapointing to see n a 1990s looking MJ when we really need a ThisIsIt and beyond look... it should feel current, it should feel new but it most definately should feel Michael. I felt this :)

This is Michael Jackson being a corporate puppet. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want with "him" and it'll make incredible amounts of money for them. He may have HATED this song! Releasing the music as a tribute, fine. But trying to resurrect the man and promote a product that isn't even his, hell no.

You know, I wasn't impressed at first, but the more I'm watching it, the more I'm starting to enjoy the whole performance. Now that I'm not paying as much attention to the obvious flaws in virtual MJ, I'm starting to see the rest of the performance and I'm starting to like it. The concept of having the image of MJ come alive from a painting and then go back inside the painting was pretty awesome. The scene was very beautiful and so was the overall choreography (virtual MJ just needs to learn to execute it correctly.) And I just love the way Michael was sitting on his throne, inspired from an actual picture. So if they just keep working on virtual MJ and if they can eventually make his face, his body and his dance moves accurate, I see a lot of potential there!

If they do a tour, they should only do the This Is It tour exactly as Michael had planned it, with the same songs he had chosen and the same choreography he had created. That would be interesting to see, just to see what could have been, but they need to correct virtual MJ's flaws first, he is not ready yet. I don't want to see him missing his dance steps and I need his face and his body to look like the real thing! Or maybe they could recreate one of his old tours from footage they have if that's possible. But I wouldn't want to see a brand new tour using their ideas instead of MJ's.

If they want to get original and create new staging and choreography like they just did, I think they should keep that for one-time events, like award shows, the superbowl, music videos, etc.

One last thing. They need to study and work on his facial expressions just as much as his dance moves. Michael's face was a whole choreography just by itself!

15q58i0.jpg

The idea is great but I'm not sure if I want to watch some impersonator. They need to use real footage of Michael. Camera angle around 0:45 would be great for hologram:

I don't understand why the holograms face didn't look like Michael. They did 3D scan of Michael's face in 1996:

Michael-Jackson-3D-Scan.jpg

Last edited:
This is Michael Jackson being a corporate puppet. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want with "him" and it'll make incredible amounts of money for them. He may have HATED this song! Releasing the music as a tribute, fine. But trying to resurrect the man and promote a product that isn't even his, hell no.

But if you think about it they could make him a corporate puppet with or without this technology, if that was on the agenda. Also I would like to think that if he hated the song then he would have thrown it away.

You know, I wasn't impressed at first, but the more I'm watching it, the more I'm starting to enjoy the whole performance. Now that I'm not paying as much attention to the obvious flaws in virtual MJ, I'm starting to see the rest of the performance and I'm starting to like it. The concept of having the image of MJ come alive from a painting and then go back inside the painting was pretty awesome. The scene was very beautiful and so was the overall choreography (virtual MJ just needs to learn to execute it correctly.) And I just love the way Michael was sitting on his throne, inspired from an actual picture. So if they just keep working on virtual MJ and if they can eventually make his face, his body and his dance moves accurate, I see a lot of potential there!

If they do a tour, they should only do the This Is It tour exactly as Michael had planned it, with the same songs he had chosen and the same choreography he had created. That would be interesting to see, just to see what could have been, but they need to correct virtual MJ's flaws first, he is not ready yet. I don't want to see him missing his dance steps and I need his face and his body to look like the real thing! Or maybe they could recreate one of his old tours from footage they have if that's possible. But I wouldn't want to see a brand new tour using their ideas instead of MJ's.

If they want to get original and create new staging and choreography like they just did, I think they should keep that for one-time events, like award shows, the superbowl, music videos, etc.

One last thing. They need to study and work on his facial expressions just as much as his dance moves. Michael's face was a whole choreography just by itself!

15q58i0.jpg

Exactly. I hope in the future they concentrate on the animations, as I believe even with the CGI head they are using now, with the correct animations (and possibly a few tweaks to nose and eyes) they could really make something special.

15q58i0.jpg

Hiya etoile :) yes I totally agree with you , and to do exactly what Michael had planned his ideas like you say ! This Is It would be good to see as what his ideas were his choice of songs and choreography were etc

15q58i0.jpg
This is such a great post! I had missed the part about MJ emerging from the painting and then returning to it. There is just so much to see.
I absolutely love the idea of VMJ doing TII exactly like Michael dreamed it. Just work out some of the kinks first. I think it would be a wonderful tribute to Michael to let the world see the show he wanted to give his fans so very badly *goose bumps*

I fully support VMJ. I was amazed at the technology. My parents thought it had to be a real impersonator, it looked so real to them. I knew it was a hologram but it really looks very real. I think Michael would have loved it. He was so into innovation and the latest in technology. I just thought how amazing this performance was. The whole production, the sets, the dancers, the pyros. There had never been a complete production like this before. So Michael made history again. Great stuff. A fellow teacher thought it was "awesome" her own words.

Thank you wendijane for starting this thread. :D

But if you think about it they could make him a corporate puppet with or without this technology, if that was on the agenda. Also I would like to think that if he hated the song then he would have thrown it away.

You aren't serious? Michael Jackson never even heard the thing! How could he throw away something he never even heard, being made 5 years after he died? I know he was good but f*** me, that is impressive. It is on the agenda, as they've done it.

you know dam2040 you could have gotten your point across a lot more kinder. you come across like a bully here...

You aren't serious? Michael Jackson never even heard the thing! How could he throw away something he never even heard, being made 5 years after he died? I know he was good but f*** me, that is impressive. It is on the agenda, as they've done it.

First of all mine was a polite response to your post, I expect the same curtesy in return.

Of course he never heard the 'finished' version, but he did work on it and I believe if he thought so little of it he would have destroyed it. If you think different then that's fair enough, neither of us were there.

I would also probably be a bit more appreciative of this, if the Estate didn't try to insult my intelligence and try to tell me that the body is computer generated and not the body of an impersonator. Especially when it clearly does the exact same dance steps as Earnest Valentino.

As the future of entertainment, I have my doubts. If a performer is alive, there's no need for a virtual artist. I want the real thing. If he's dead, then it's an option, since you cannot bring someone back to perform live.

I'll support it as long as they promise to get his face right next time :)
If i wanted to watch an impersonator, id look one up right now. I wanna see an actual MJ doing new stuff for the first time in so many years! Well, atleast an illusion of it :)

I enjoyed it personally. I thought it was well done, the dance break wasn't the best you could tell it was a impersonator, until then it was quite good ,but again having said that I don't think any artist will ever get this much attention alive, let alone dead ! Plus great promotion for the album, great idea but it could have been done better.

I've dissected this "performance" (that's just what im going to call it) endlessly since it happened and for quite awhile I did not know how I felt about it. I was not disgusted by it, I wasn't overly amazed, but yet I still kept coming back time and time again. I've come to the conclusion that this piece of technology is amazing and I was amazed and I respect what they were able to come up with. Was it flawless to us diehards out here, absolutely not and there is no reason to get into that here. Heck, even my mother who does not follow MJ at all stated, "That looks like an impersonator" and that is when I knew it didn't look good.

Still, to the naked eye it was amazing. I got so many texts and messages from friends saying things like "omg do you see Michael!!" yeah, we all know its not REALLY him but it just spoke volumes to me how excited they were, and they don't even care to the level that I do. So upon thinking about it....why can't I be that happy as well? The mix was great and the performance did have quite a few nice spots. Sure it needs cleaned up quite a bit, but that can be done. I'm sure they hear the feedback loud and clear and if they decide to continue this I know they will correct this. The estate has done a phenomenal job with feedback. No, decisions have not been flawless, but when we respond they respond and that is most important.

I'll never forget when news broke about "This Is It", and how upset I was that I could not afford to fly from America over to see the shows. My dream was to always see a MJ show and sadly that day never happened. If this is the closest I can get to the real thing, so be it. I know its not the same but it would be like a band aid over a womb. I've seen impersonators and that too is just a way to deal. If I have the choice to see an impersonator, why shouldn't I have a choice to see a piece of technology which if done right can surely outdue the impersonators themselves.

I can only imagine what they could further do with this technology to recreate what would come off as a world tour. The possibilities are endless and I think as the core of Michael's fandom, we should certainly expect and demand the very best...but respect the efforts to keep his spirit alive. Yes, I too felt a bit off seeing the performance but as I said I kept watching it and the more that I did the more that I've accepted it and I actually enjoy it very much. And seeing the reactions of those who care far less than I made me realize just how silly it would be for me of all people to frown upon it.

For the movie that was filming called, Fast & Furious 7, a terrible accident happened and the main actor, Paul Walker was killed in a car crash.

Universal Studios is going to handle finishing the film and still include Paul like this:

'Fast & Furious 7' will shoot scenes with doubles and replace Paul Walker with CGI to keep him in the film

Hit franchise's seventh installment, starring Vin Diesel, is keeping his late co-star by using CGI and voice effects

BY MARIANNE GARVEY, BRIAN NIEMIETZ AND LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT/

Friday, March 21, 2014, 2:30 AM
Shooting has now resumed for “Fast & Furious 7,” and sources close to the production have revealed exactly how Paul Walker will remain in the film. “They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul’s physique and they will be used for movement and as a base,” one source close to production tells us. “Paul’s face and voice will be used on top using CGI.”

Our insider adds that this is option number one producers and Universal Pictures have decided on, and that the studio feels confident fans of the franchise will feel satisfied with the result.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...e-time-walker-article-1.1728704#ixzz32ItvOCcN

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. This will always be a controversial move whenever they try things like this.

Anyway, I think this technique is pretty much what they did with Michael on the awards show, it's just that the body double they used was not nearly good enough (dancing and physique), and the facial CGI was off and not accurate enough.

Everyone I met who saw the show on Sunday loved the hologram. Of course, those people are not hardcore fans. I find it quite innovative, and I expect experts will be working to make it even better. Since seeing that performance, I keep listening to the song because I can attach a performance to it. I wish I could buy the performance and look at it on my ipod. After spending so much money to make the hologram and the whole performance, I hope they don't simply chuck it away and forget about it. I will like to see it over and over again.

The main reasons I am not offended by the hologram or its performance are: in my head I know it is not Michael; it is not a figure to replace Michael; and it is not a Michael clone. I see it just as a representation in the same way I have statues or images of Jesus and know very well he looks nothing like that.

I think this is a great idea to bring Michael to the younger generation who are entertained by such images. Michael was always thinking of new ideas, and I know he would be excited by the idea of a hologram.

From a statement just released by the Estate tonight:

"Our other goal is to use new and innovative ways to create entertainment on a grand scale that allows the world to experience Michael’s magic – something that reflects Michael’s love of spectacle and grandeur and his own desire to be a step ahead of others. The best entertainment is that which evokes “suspended disbelief”; it’s about entertainment, not reality. When David Copperfield makes an airplane disappear, the illusion is no less compelling because it is not real. No one will ever replace Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. And certainly no one can dance like the greatest entertainer who ever lived – not even an illusion. Michael’s music and spirit are immortal, and that has been proven again these last few weeks. In bringing Michael’s spirit to the stage, the entire world was reminded of Michael’s genius as a singer, a dancer, and an innovator who pushed the envelope."

You can read the rest of the article here- http://www.mjjcommunity.com/news/statement-from-the-michael-jackson-estate- but I felt that bit was worth sharing.

Spyce;4010646 said:
From a statement just released by the Estate tonight:

"Our other goal is to use new and innovative ways to create entertainment on a grand scale that allows the world to experience Michael’s magic – something that reflects Michael’s love of spectacle and grandeur and his own desire to be a step ahead of others. The best entertainment is that which evokes “suspended disbelief”; it’s about entertainment, not reality. When David Copperfield makes an airplane disappear, the illusion is no less compelling because it is not real. No one will ever replace Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. And certainly no one can dance like the greatest entertainer who ever lived – not even an illusion. Michael’s music and spirit are immortal, and that has been proven again these last few weeks. In bringing Michael’s spirit to the stage, the entire world was reminded of Michael’s genius as a singer, a dancer, and an innovator who pushed the envelope."

You can read the rest of the article here- http://www.mjjcommunity.com/news/statement-from-the-michael-jackson-estate- but I felt that bit was worth sharing.

Thanks for sharing spyce ....oh my that was quite emotional for me to read xxx thankyou :huggy: edit ...... I just tried to access full statement but I can't ? Xx

Thanks for sharing spyce ....oh my that was quite emotional for me to read xxx thankyou :huggy: edit ...... I just tried to access full statement but I can't ? Xx

You're welcome. I think it is an important factor to remember through all of this "virtual MJ" debacle. Even for me that hit quite hard because I was not a fan of the performance myself. Not initially anyway.

I have been on the fence about this whole thing ever since it was announced, but I never doubted the technology aspect of it all. In fact, dare I say it, I was more excited to see "how" this would be executed and how it would turn out than I was about "Michael" himself, because I knew all along that it wasn't going to be him.

Now, like others, I am warming to the idea. I'm still not a fan of the "avatar" they used (that's just what I'll be calling him), and never will be, but I can understand, appreciate and respect what it was they were trying to achieve. I think, with some work (a lot, lol) this really and truly could be something incredible. The bones are there... now just to fine tune it :)

You're welcome. I think it is an important factor to remember through all of this "virtual MJ" debacle. Even for me that hit quite hard because I was not a fan of the performance myself. Not initially anyway.

I have been on the fence about this whole thing ever since it was announced, but I never doubted the technology aspect of it all. In fact, dare I say it, I was more excited to see "how" this would be executed and how it would turn out than I was about "Michael" himself, because I knew all along that it wasn't going to be him.

Now, like others, I am warming to the idea. I'm still not a fan of the "avatar" they used (that's just what I'll be calling him), and never will be, but I can understand, appreciate and respect what it was they were trying to achieve. I think, with some work (a lot, lol) this really and truly could be something incredible. The bones are there... now just to fine tune it :)

Hello :hiya: when you read from your original post how they are talking about Michael oh it made me feel emotional where its saying Michael is a genius as a singer and dancer :) and an innovator this is so very very true :) and they said No one could ever replace him ......I totally agree with that :).......I think yes totally the hologram Defo needs big time working on .....but it's all there your right

Last edited:
Back