For those who are in Support of The Virtual Michael Concept and Perhaps The Future of Entertainment.

@WhoIsIt89 If they could improve this and do it better how would you like to see it used? I'm not entirely sure about a whole concert as I would imagine it would be very difficult to pull off. But maybe within a show, it would be nice for people who weren't able to see Michael in concert to see his illusion perform say, for example, Billie Jean, just how we know he would do it.

Michael was big on the "magic" aspect, and whenever he had the opportunity, incorporated that into his shows. What I would like to see, is pretty much similar to what Birchey said a while back, create an actual CGI image of Michael, use some of his mo-capped moves, or simply put together piece by piece a couple of steps from his past performances, actually based on past performances. It can be done, it's just a tedious process. But anyway, like I said, base the image off of recent Michael, and perhaps even digitally add one his Zaldy outfits from This Is It, which I doubt he would've wore all of them, but say, the Billie Jean outfit with the LED lights in the stripe, jacket and gloves. While he's performing Billie Jean, have him do a couple of steps and disappear for a few seconds in a puff of smoke, let the Cirque dancers do their thing for a couple of seconds, have a lighting bolt or something of that nature strike the "stage" and then the CGI Michael appears again out of the explosion from the lighting bolt and does the rest of the routine. When he moonwalks and then spins, have the same thing happen but have him appear on a different side of the stage. Repeat until the performance reaches it's climax.

That's just a basic idea and I'd incorporate more "magic" elements when it's all said and done. But I think something like that would be great.

^^^ I like your idea for Billie Jean, I would like them to do the body pop break Michael often did, but to keep the suspense going by him appearing at intervals would be very effective. The only part I'm not sure about personally would be an 'up to date' Michael, only because I think it might make me really sad to see how he could still be, If that makes sense. :)

I agree about your last sentence. Idk, I just have a fondness for This Is It Michael, I like the fact that we got to see him at that point in his life doing what he loved to and actually looked to be enjoying himself for the most part. Not only that, I'm just tired of the Estate always opting for a younger Michael, from either the late 80's or early 90's and nothing after. I understand why they do it, as it keeps the image of Michael in his prime fresh in people's minds and they don't want to use anything that would probably make people think of the various "scandal" the media created during Michael's life. But '08-'09 Michael was great in his own right. Especially if they use the curls.

Maybe the estate is mostly using that era Michael to appeal to the masses because that was when Michael really had his golden years, it's their job to make money so maybe as I said they go for what they believe will get the most back from. That's just a guess.

I don't know how detailed a CGI could get, unless it's very detailed there wouldn't be much difference,if they used the curls, between 90's Mike (History) and '08 Mike. But you got me thinking, maybe a possibility would be a show including Michael throughout his career, I think that might be really cool.

Japan Xscape Party. Dance contest Winner brings down the house with a surprising performance.
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by MJJFanclub Japan.

Looks like there's more interesting things to come MJFAM ! :victory:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/news/from-the-jackson-estate-were-just-getting-started

26 May 2014

Hello MJ Fam:

It has been a whirlwind few weeks and we wanted to share some more good news with you. In the six days since the video of the virtual MJ dancing to "Slave To The Rhythm" was uploaded to VEVO, it has been viewed more than 10 million times and that number is continuing to grow steadily. The performance gave the Billboard Music Awards its highest ratings in 13 years, and the response in the general public has been overwhelmingly positive – if you look at the VEVO post, you can see that the likes outweigh the dislikes 10 to 1!!!! This tells us it is a major success w/the general public which, after all, is what we all want – for the rest of the world to see and love Michael the way that we all do. The efforts of the last few weeks, and especially, the performance on the Billboard Awards is working!

While expectations might have been built up due to Alki David's frivolous lawsuit and inaccurate comments (he was not involved with the production at all), and ABC's efforts to promote the show, the Estate has tried hard to keep expectations in check. The Estate is proud of what has been achieved with the promotional activations over the last few weeks but recognizes, along with all of you, that no one/nothing can replace Michael. Fans all over the world are speaking out with their positive comments online and with their support for Xscape and now the general public is taking notice and joining in.

The general public, and more importantly the media, often takes cues from the fan community. The support of the fan community publicly will only augment the support of the general public for Michael Jackson.

The MJ fans have much to be proud of - HITS Magazine put Xscape in its number one spot based on it's tallies for US sales, the record is the #1 selling album worldwide for its first week and the #1 streamed record on Spotify for the first week of release! The illusion has put Michael back in the forefront of the entertainment world and helped promote Xscape.

The Estate hopes that the fans are as thrilled as they are to see so much positive press about Michael from every corner of the globe. It is heartwarming to see that the overwhelming reaction from the general public to the new music and to Michael. As we mentioned in one of our emails last week - we're just getting started. Keep watching for what's next.
MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

I agree about your last sentence. Idk, I just have a fondness for This Is It Michael, I like the fact that we got to see him at that point in his life doing what he loved to and actually looked to be enjoying himself for the most part. Not only that, I'm just tired of the Estate always opting for a younger Michael, from either the late 80's or early 90's and nothing after. I understand why they do it, as it keeps the image of Michael in his prime fresh in people's minds and they don't want to use anything that would probably make people think of the various "scandal" the media created during Michael's life. But '08-'09 Michael was great in his own right. Especially if they use the curls.

Yes to the bolded portion. TBH I never liked his straight hair style. It was not becoming imo. But his curls with his hair behind his ears- his whole face was transformed for the better. You can see it at some points in TII. The video where Michael is eating snacks sitting next to K Ortega. He looked great!

Minutes-long Michael Jackson hologram show cost “multiple millions”

"Digital humans, synthetic humans? We're struggling on what to call this."

by David Kravets - May 29 2014, 4:18pm CDT

Eyes popped at the staggering $500,000 cost to produce Michael Jackson's nearly 14-minute-long "Thriller" video in 1983. Fast forward to today, and a nearly 4-minute-long hologram performance at the recent Billboard Music Awards by a now-deceased Jackson cost "multiple millions" to make, according to Frank Patterson, the chairman of Pulse, the company that produced the show. Patterson said in a phone interview that he was still ringing up the cash register and had not yet finalized the tab.

Patent holders said they will prove Billboard Music Awards infringes their tech.
The Jackson estate, he said, had asked Pulse to do the job. Six months later, and after countless hours of coding and "reviewing thousands of videos of Michael's work," the King of Pop was brought back to life.

Simulating Jackson's moonwalking was nothing compared to making the hair look right. "Getting the hair to act and look like Michael's hair was a feat," Patterson said. Using custom coding and animation programs like Maya and Nuke, Patterson said that Pulse remade Jackson countless times.

"We had what we thought was perfect motion and animation, but it didn't feel like Michael Jackson," he said. So the company tried "instilling humanity into the visual object," he said. Along the way, "It started giving us chills." Even so, the May 18 show in Las Vegas almost didn't happen because the owners of technology famously employed to digitally produce deceased rapper Tupac Shakur tried to block the resurrection of Jackson.

Days before the Billboard Music Awards, a Las Vegas federal judge put the brakes on an emergency injunction demand from patent holders Hologram USA and Musion Das Hologram. The patent holders claimed that Jackson's 3-D dancing and singing image would infringe two of their patents, one being the "Pepper's Ghost Illusion" that paved the way for Tupac to appear at the Coachella music festival in 2012.

US District Judge Kent Dawson, however, ruled that Hologram USA and Musion could not immediately prove that their technology would be breached when the deceased Jackson belts his posthumously produced new tune "Slave to the Rhythm."

That the show went on brings with it new worries for celebrities. To be sure, where to dine and vacation are among the stars' usual concerns. But Pulse chairman John Textor said that the time has come for celebrities to increase the vanity volume to 11 and begin mulling over their "synthetic" or "digital" image, as he described it. "We think living celebrities should be concerned now about controlling their digital likeness," Textor said in a telephone call.

He's not even sure of the words to use to describe a hologram of a human. "Digital humans, synthetic humans?" he said. "We're struggling on what to call this."

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...jackson-hologram-show-cost-multiple-millions/

Back