European Football Championship

yeah can't wait for next season word also has it we are gonna get,

David Villa
Ronaldinho
Botswiga
Deco

Woohoo

wow, that's great! David Villa is in awesome condition right now. He's one of the best players in the championships IMO. I hope they (Spain) will be in the final.

OMG!!!! :eek: I just can't believe it!!!

After 120 minutes of playing Croatia scored a goal and only 2 minutes later (in the 120+2) Turkey scored one, too. I haven't seen such game before. Amazing! Now they have to go for the penalties... where the result is of course only depends on the luck or unluck. :scratch:

Khalid Boulahrouz and wife face a great loss and tragedy, presence at Saturdays match unsure…

19 June 2008

SWITZERLAND - The prematurely born daughter of Netherlands defender Khalid Boulahrouz has died, the Dutch football federation KNVB said on Thursday.

It was not known immediately whether Boulahrouz will continue playing at Euro 2008 - where the Dutch were scheduled to play a quarter-final against Russia on Saturday in Basle, Switzerland.

"Players and the staff of the Dutch team are upset by the death of Anissa, the daughter of Khalid Boulahrouz and his wife Sabia, who was born prematurely yesterday (Wednesday)," the KNVB said in a short statement.

Boulahrouz left Dutch training when his wife was hospitalised on Wednesday with pregnancy complications. She had been at the Euro tournament in Switzerland and Austria with the girlfriends and wives of other Dutch players.

Boulahrouz was a late call-up into Marco van Basten's team, but was a starter in all group stage games against Italy (3-0 win), France (4-1) and Romania (2-0).

OMG, I didn't expect THAT.

what a finish :wild: :wild:
huntxu3.jpg

that's what football is all about.
I love it. but still it would be crazy if Turkey beated Germany...

Last edited by a moderator:
from the ones who are expected to win because of their strong teams I reckon Spain and Holland will take it

I reckon that Turkey will win it from the underdogs though (and I have done so for a while lol)

Khalid Boulahrouz and wife face a great loss and tragedy, presence at Saturdays match unsure…

19 June 2008

SWITZERLAND - The prematurely born daughter of Netherlands defender Khalid Boulahrouz has died, the Dutch football federation KNVB said on Thursday.

It was not known immediately whether Boulahrouz will continue playing at Euro 2008 - where the Dutch were scheduled to play a quarter-final against Russia on Saturday in Basle, Switzerland.

"Players and the staff of the Dutch team are upset by the death of Anissa, the daughter of Khalid Boulahrouz and his wife Sabia, who was born prematurely yesterday (Wednesday)," the KNVB said in a short statement.

Boulahrouz left Dutch training when his wife was hospitalised on Wednesday with pregnancy complications. She had been at the Euro tournament in Switzerland and Austria with the girlfriends and wives of other Dutch players.

Boulahrouz was a late call-up into Marco van Basten's team, but was a starter in all group stage games against Italy (3-0 win), France (4-1) and Romania (2-0).

OMG! :eek: That's so sad... :sad:

I'm so sorry for Boulahrouz :( I wish him all the best and strenght to go on..

I didn't watch yesterday's game to the end, I went to sleep when it was still 0-0 but Turkey won!? Blah, of course they won, I was supporting Croatia :smilerolleyes:

Germany was AWESOME when they won Portugal WOOHOOOO! (sorry, Kinga)

I do now little :fortuneteller:
The results:
1.Holland
2.Germany
3.Spain
4.Turkey

The Croatia-Turkey game was beyond boring, both teams seem to have slept for 120 minutes, then they finally woke up and scored two goals in three minutes. Crazy! The panalty was crap, but in the end Turkey deserved to win because Croatia messed up three chances.

The city of Vienna was full of Croatian fans yesterday, they were singing, dancing and yelling in the streets, waving flags, on their way to the public viewing areas or stadium. That was before the game.

After the game was over, we had a sleepless night, because there are many many Turkish people living in Vienna and they were celebrating in the streets, you can hear car honks and yelling all night through. There was a little fighting and some people being arrested.

Next is Germany-Turkey, I hope it will be a more exciting game. Germany was really good in their last game. The game will be in Switzerland, but there certainly will be a lot of Turkish people romping the streets here in Vienna again.

19 June 2008

I read in the paper yesterday that Boulahrouz is determined to play the match tonight. I hope the team plays well as I can imagine they are all a bit shook up.

On a happier note, I'll be in front of the tv with food and drinks enjoying the match :D

I'm so sorry for Boulahrouz :( I wish him all the best and strenght to go on..

I didn't watch yesterday's game to the end, I went to sleep when it was still 0-0 but Turkey won!? Blah, of course they won, I was supporting Croatia :smilerolleyes:

Germany was AWESOME when they won Portugal WOOHOOOO! (sorry, Kinga)

I do now little :fortuneteller:
The results:
1.Holland
2.Germany
3.Spain
4.Turkey

^^Could be... :unsure:^

yeah, Germany was awesome :yes:

It's Netherlands-Russia tonight and Italy-Spain tomorrow, then we'll have the semi finals.

My tipp: Netherlands and Italy.

It's Netherlands-Russia tonight and Italy-Spain tomorrow, then we'll have the semi finals.

My tipp: Netherlands and Italy.

My goodness, I am biting my nails like crazy! The match is killing meee!!! Holland needs to winnn!!! :clapping::angel:

^^^They lost it..... OMG!!! Russia was way better I must admit. I wouldn't expected them to win against Holland (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Another surprise in the championship... :eek:

No surprise that Russia won for those who tracked Russian players in UEFA Cup.

Now that they won from us i hope they'll take the cup!

(at least their coach is from Holland....lol).

I am exited to see who is going to win tomorrow..my quess would be Spain.

It would be fun to see game between Spain and Russia since the latter was beaten badly in the first match of this championship tournament.

Spain team was fresher, and Russians were more shy and did not have their best player -- Andrey Arshavin. However, in-depth statistics like accuracy of kicks between players still shows, of course, that *at average* Spain and Holland have more classy players than Russia.

However, Italy may not let this ES-RU "re-match" happen; lets see.

Anyway, there is possibility that this year UEFA Cup winner Zenit (of Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation) may loose Arshavin, selling him to some legendary grand of the old Europe. He is no Ronaldihno, but proved to be always useful "inventor" of game.

Last edited:
:busted:I wanted the Netherlands to become Europian champion! :boohoo

Netherlands go home. I wonder what they do yesterday. I have think they was sleeping *lol* The last Matches they was realy good.

:shock:

I can not believe that Russia was better than Holland!
They have had pretty good year so far, first they won world championship in icehockey, then Eurovision, the UEFA Cup, what if now European championship in football?
It would be better than if Italy wins imo lol :D

So I guess I have to cheer for Italy tonight so Spain will win :smilerolleyes:

Aww I saw yesterday the end of Croatia-Turkey, it was so sad when Srna (what a name to spell there :scratch:) was crying like crazy :cry:

Marco van Basten is very handsome..

vanbasten1.jpg

especially with the short hair.

:giggle:

Wow Italy out!
Who would have thought that!
But it was a pretty boring game!

:busted:I wanted the Netherlands to become Europian champion! :boohoo

why not Germany? :unsure:

Wow Italy out!
Who would have thought that!
But it was a pretty boring game!

I like Italian football, but I have to say that the Italian team didn't play any good games in this championship. It would have been an injustice if they had been in the semi-finals. They did score only 3 goals altogether.

Back