European Football Championship

Yaay go Spain!
I didn't watch the game - I'm sure that if I would Italy would have won.. :smilerolleyes: :D

So is it.. Germany vs. Turkey next?

Alessia: little bit off but your siggy rocks!!! :punk:

I think Russia can win this championship. They played an excellent game against The Netherlands (they deserved the win) and I think the Oranje team was the best among these teams.

Last edited:
I don't really care anymore who wins.. All my favourites has drop out.
Because Russia has had pretty great year so far it would be cool if they continue winning but I would also like to see Spain or Germany winning.. but I don't care, really.

^^^My biggest favorites are out, too. :sad: I think I'll support Spain.

It's a pity Italy is out, unfortunatly all of their best players were out and Spain did have a lot of troubles anyway. Spain btw played better.

It's a pity Italy is out, unfortunatly all of their best players were out and Spain did have a lot of troubles anyway. Spain btw played better.

yeah, Spain was a little bit better.

I was wondering why Donadoni didn't want Del Piero to play more? :unsure: He could have scored goals IMO.

yeah, Spain was a little bit better.

I was wondering why Donadoni didn't want Del Piero to play more? :unsure: He could have scored goals IMO.

Yes Del Piero is really good and he is the player who scored the most goals in the seria A this year...
Donadoni is not a good coach, the only good thing is that he will no longer be the italian coach.

I dont see Turkey advancing unfortunately, they have a massive injury list to the point that they are contemplating fielding their reserve keeper as a proper player. I believe it will be a Germany v Spain final.

I don't really care anymore who wins.. All my favourites has drop out.
Because Russia has had pretty great year so far it would be cool if they continue winning but I would also like to see Spain or Germany winning.. but I don't care, really.
No, actually I would like to see Spain winning.. I just found out that they haven't played in semifinals since 1984 ( :eek: ) and I'm sure it would do good for them to win sometimes.. :yes:

Though I don't complain if someone else wins either. But I hope it's not Turkey :unsure: :D

Yes Del Piero is really good and he is the player who scored the most goals in the seria A this year...
Donadoni is not a good coach, the only good thing is that he will no longer be the italian coach.

yeah, he didn't choose the best players for a match.

Do you think that the missing of Pirlo and Gattuso was an issue for the team yesterday?

I'm really sorry for Toni that he couldn't score any goals. He tried very very hard but didn't succeed. :sad:

The one: you listed many victories Russia had this year, I have few to add -- basketball Eurocup among teams, cup among women athletes, women tennis #1 again, and other I do not know about (anyway, more practical Russians here care only about having growing GDP fast enough so the county to come #2 in economy after Germany later this year and about inflation which is huge here -- more than 10-12% expected by the end of the year).

So maybe Russia can indeed win, but it will be actually difficult, probably, since accuracy of shots on goal/percentage of successful attacks is rather low for this team. So lets see if the team will be able to compensate that with the energy and intense of play, or Arshavin and company will be blocked and will not be able to win. The strongest will prevail, may I hope.

Spain and Germany have stronger technically at average players, since accuracy of passes is higher. The same was for Holland, even in the match they lost to Russians. No question that Spain and Germany deserve to win, those are strong, solid teams.

Not sure why Mechi, being German, preferred Holland to win. Even being less sparky, German team is just amazingly strong.

Last edited:
The one: you listed many victories Russia had this year, I have few to add -- basketball Eurocup among teams, cup among women athletes, women tennis #1 again, and other I do not know about (anyway, more practical Russians here care only about having growing GDP fast enough so the county to come #2 in economy after Germany later this year and about inflation which is huge here -- more than 10-12% expected by the end of the year).
Ok, I didn't know about those :) They have really had amazing year on sports so far..

yeah, he didn't choose the best players for a match.

Do you think that the missing of Pirlo and Gattuso was an issue for the team yesterday?

I'm really sorry for Toni that he couldn't score any goals. He tried very very hard but didn't succeed. :sad:

Yes Pirlo, Gattuso, Cannavaro and Del piero, the best players were out and that really was a the worst thing for the italian team, but still they played good and actually they could have win if it wasn't for Toni who was completely out of shape.

Yes Pirlo, Gattuso, Cannavaro and Del piero, the best players were out and that really was a the worst thing for the italian team, but still they played good and actually they could have win if it wasn't for Toni who was completely out of shape.

I wouldn't say he was out of shape he just was not successful and lucky at all. He's a striker and still he run more than 10 kilometres during that match!

But, yeah, when Donadoni saw after the 2 matches that he couldn't score even one goal he could have sent in Del Piero instead of Toni (at least in the 2nd half of the matches and not only for 10 minutes. Del Piero is a great player but can't make miracle in 10 minutes - most of the time ;D).

what a steal by Germany. underdogs outplayed and out-willed them and deserved to be in the final.

Germany did well, I wanted Turkey to win I reckon they deserved it but despite that they have done really well, if they keep it they could win something some day :)

SPAIN TO WIN!!!

^^^Spain to win!!! :punk:

Turkey was great, I'm sad that they couldn't win that match.

Russia to win! :punk:

To be serious, if Spain will be stronger during the play (not only formally with quantity of goals), then it is perfectly fine if this team wins. What is the honour if Russia would win casually; the same is with Spain's win.

I would only wish there would not be "0:0" after the two times and both teams will try to play actual, "footbolish" football. We have good chances for that. ;)

In the first time Spain was definitely stronger, according to statistics. Also, Spain has absolutely best accuracy of passes among all teams in this championship. Thus, at average, Spain team has more classy players than Russia. However, the play is not done only through quality of passes, so lets see how the game will end. In the first time, Arshavin had very little chances to make actual play because Spain was sharper and more aggressive.

And the verdict: see the score, all questions answered for today. Congratulations to Spain!

SPAIN IS GONNA GO THE WHOLE WAY!!!! remember u heard it from me first!!!!

they pass really well and they are great at taking shots on goal!!

^mm..you are right, but I was for Russia :p damnn I was so mad, when they scored the 3rd goal, I thought they were ''repeating'' the 2nd goal!:lol:

I'm sure Germany is going to win sunday, they deserve it.:p

Germany won.yesssssssssssssssssssss

Spain did as well.

If i am not mistaken the final it will be Germany vs Spain?

I am hoping for Spain, i think the way they play is more attrachtive to look at and they seem to be very strong at this moment.

Germany has won championships in the recent years, Spain hasnt...it would be nice to see them win!

SPAIN IS GONNA GO THE WHOLE WAY!!!! remember u heard it from me first!!!!

they pass really well and they are great at taking shots on goal!!

GOooo Spain! :yes:

I am hoping for Spain, i think the way they play is more attrachtive to look at and they seem to be very strong at this moment.

Germany has won championships in the recent years, Spain hasnt...it would be nice to see them win!

yes, I would like them to win against Germany!:clapping:They would deserve it more IMO.

Back