Documentary Being Aired About Events Surrounding Michael Jackson's Death! - NOW CANCELLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Documentary Being Aired About Events Surrounding Michael Jackson's Death!

Jesus, I saw that ad and it's beyond disgusting, Discovery should be ashamed of themselves. From the letter disgust from the Estate's side is obvious, it's a shame that the Twitter loving folks remain mum on the other hand. Someone send the letter to Taj, as he was the one asking fans to tell the estate as 'they're the ones with the lawyers'
I don't like that this cannot be stopped from a legal point of view though :(

chanel05 I would like to say a few things about Dr. G Medical Examiner as I have watched that show a few times.

Firstly, things are shown with the permission of the family members. You think she can get on TV and show pictures of the people and how they looked when they were alive if the family members did not give it to them? Or publicly tell confidential information about a person without a family member giving consent? That is just one issue. They are not having the permission of MJ's family, it is being re-enacted by a person who did not do the actual autopsy, therefore we are not seeing or hearing wholely what the examiner's thoughts and feelings are but rather an interpretation of black and white findings. On the show Dr G will often tell her struggles with coming to a certain conclusion, what she finds inconsistent, and how she comes to her conclusions. Not having this information changes the show dramatically.

Secondly, Dr G does not show autopsies of cases that have legal proceedings pending. Imagine the damage that would do if she aired such things.

Thirdly, Dr G treats the patients as human beings. She at least considers their life and the fact that they have a worth. From the poster advertising this show, it is very evident that the ones responsible for this show are not having the same delicacy with MJ's life. I mean, a corpse with a white sheet over it and a sparkly glove. Are you kidding me?

Dr G is a professional woman examining autopsies she has done herself. Showing how a person's life experiences lead to their death. It is her own struggles, reasonings and experience leading to her determination of death.

What they are advertising to air is 3rd and 4th party observation and tabloid stories based on feelingless findings about a person they do not consider human to start with.

I think the comparison to Dr G is an oversimplification of the underlying motives here. And I find the show disgusting.

Sdeidjs;3162504 said:
Although I am not a fan of TMZ: Mr.Branca & Mr. McClain...Thank You..!*

MJ Estate: Discovery Channel Is 'Debased, Sick'

Michael Jackson 's estate is unleashing its fury on Discovery Channel for advertising an upcoming TV special set to run in the UK featuring a reenactment…

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E

God Bless Always :angel:~~~

:rollingpeace: :rollingpeace::

your welcome

blankyluvdoodoo;3162509 said:
one think i don't understand why uk fans are banning the sponsors of that show or channel ,if start boycotting the sponsors they will be mortified because their money comes from them and if consumer boycott sponsor then sponsors will put pressure on them ,so stop sending letter to discovery and start sending letter to sponsor .
if uk fan can find out who is sponsoring this show we all can sent letter to them .

are they banning the sponsors or arent they???? but i think i know what you are saying and i think the sponsors need to be notified also.

twinklEE;3162732 said:
Jesus, I saw that ad and it's beyond disgusting, Discovery should be ashamed of themselves. From the letter disgust from the Estate's side is obvious, it's a shame that the Twitter loving folks remain mum on the other hand. Someone send the letter to Taj, as he was the one asking fans to tell the estate as 'they're the ones with the lawyers'
I don't like that this cannot be stopped from a legal point of view though :(

it is very disgusting. legally it cant be stopped which sucks but maybe they have a heart and wont show it, but then again if they had one, it would have not been filmed from the start. the idea should have been shot down as soon as it was brought up.

ginvid;3162793 said:
chanel05 I would like to say a few things about Dr. G Medical Examiner as I have watched that show a few times.

Firstly, things are shown with the permission of the family members. You think she can get on TV and show pictures of the people and how they looked when they were alive if the family members did not give it to them? Or publicly tell confidential information about a person without a family member giving consent? That is just one issue. They are not having the permission of MJ's family, it is being re-enacted by a person who did not do the actual autopsy, therefore we are not seeing or hearing wholely what the examiner's thoughts and feelings are but rather an interpretation of black and white findings. On the show Dr G will often tell her struggles with coming to a certain conclusion, what she finds inconsistent, and how she comes to her conclusions. Not having this information changes the show dramatically.

Secondly, Dr G does not show autopsies of cases that have legal proceedings pending. Imagine the damage that would do if she aired such things.

Thirdly, Dr G treats the patients as human beings. She at least considers their life and the fact that they have a worth. From the poster advertising this show, it is very evident that the ones responsible for this show are not having the same delicacy with MJ's life. I mean, a corpse with a white sheet over it and a sparkly glove. Are you kidding me?

Dr G is a professional woman examining autopsies she has done herself. Showing how a person's life experiences lead to their death. It is her own struggles, reasonings and experience leading to her determination of death.

What they are advertising to air is 3rd and 4th party observation and tabloid stories based on feelingless findings about a person they do not consider human to start with.

I think the comparison to Dr G is an oversimplification of the underlying motives here. And I find the show disgusting.

i had a feeling that she had to have the families permission but i wasnt sure. then at first i thought the show was gonna be a dramatization and not a reinactment. thats why i said they have a show like this already and that there was hope it wouldnt be sensationalized, but i reread what the show was about and changed my mind. i didnt think they would cut up someone on tv, i thought they would do it like they do her show, and still be respectful because mike was human also. now i know different.

this is what i was hoping it would be about:
"Dr G is a professional woman examining autopsies she has done herself. Showing how a person's life experiences lead to their death. It is her own struggles, reasonings and experience leading to her determination of death."

not this:

someone pointed out to me in another thread that it was different. i had also acknowledged that it would be weird cause im sure none of the corners who preformed his autopsy was gonna be on the show.

once again, I aplaud the Estate.

At least it's on the Discovery channel where no-one will watch it.

And I have a feeling it will be pulled at the last minute.

Ugh! They treat Michael like any other dead farao or chupacabra. Discovery Channel: stick to history, choppers and nonsense please!

At least it's on the Discovery channel where no-one will watch it.

And I have a feeling it will be pulled at the last minute.

yea hopefully

The Estate's involved has caused it to break into mainstream news. This was on the BBC News website earlier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12092196

Executors of Michael Jackson's estate have asked the Discovery Channel to cancel plans for a programme claiming to re-enact the late singer's autopsy.
John Branca and John McClain said the show was "in shockingly bad taste".
In a letter, the pair accused the company of being motivated by "blind desire" to exploit the singer's death.
The show - entitled Michael Jackson's Autopsy: What Really Killed Michael Jackson - is scheduled to be broadcast in Europe in January.
"Your decision to even schedule this programme is in shockingly bad taste and insensitive to Michael's family," the co-executors wrote.
"On behalf of Michael's family, fans, common sense and decency, we urge you to reconsider and cancel this programme," they added.
An advertisement used to promote the show reportedly depicts a body covered by a sheet with one hand wearing the singer's trademark sequined glove visible.
"Discovery obviously views this as clever advertising and creative 'branding' for its programme," Branca and McClain continued.
"In fact, the ad is debased, sick and insensitive."
Dr Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter
Discovery Communications declined to comment on the letter, the Reuters news agency reported.
Meanwhile, lawyers for the doctor facing trial for involuntary manslaughter over Jackson's death may suggest the singer killed himself, a prosecutor has claimed.
In a court session to discuss evidence in the case against Dr Conrad Murray, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said he believed defence lawyers were looking into the theory.
"They don't want to say it but that's the direction in which they are going," he said on Wednesday.
Outside the Los Angeles courtroom, defence lawyer J Michael Flanagan declined to comment and said lawyers were still investigating the case.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled to begin on 4 January where it will be decided if there is sufficient evidence to hold Dr Murray for trial.
Dr Murray has repeatedly denied causing Jackson's death

:clapping: to TheEstate, I really hope this works *crossed fingers*

http://corporate.discovery.com/leadership/

Leadership

Discovery's leadership is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct, and to fulfilling the original mission spelled out by Chairman and Founder John Hendricks in 1982:
"To satisfy curiosity and make a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality content, services and products that entertain, engage and enlighten."

I don't think the documentary is a Discovery highest quality product that is to entertain and enlighten.

Shame on them !

I am glad the estate respond. so weird his "family" kept silence or don't care.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/images/MJ_Estate_LetterToDiscovery.pdf

MJ_Estate_LetterToDiscovery.gif

The family hasn't said anything? I don't understand why someone would want to do this. No one ever thinks about his children.

L.A. County Coroner to Discovery: Go Pound Sand
12/30/2010 12:40 AM PST by TMZ Staff

The L.A. County Coroner has joined the chorus of those who are scoffing at the Discovery Network for an upcoming show reenacting Michael Jackson's autopsy.

Sources tell TMZ ... producers from Discovery -- who plan to air the show in Europe -- went to Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter earlier this year, asking if he'd sit for an interview, describing MJ's autopsy and the investigation into his death.

Winter tells TMZ, "I told them no, we had no interest in doing it and it was a pending case."

Winter adds, "I think it's unprofessional and I wouldn't do it out of respect for the family."

We're told producers did get a copy of the Coroner's report, which is public record.

L.A. County Coroner to Discovery: Go Pound Sand
12/30/2010 12:40 AM PST by TMZ Staff

The L.A. County Coroner has joined the chorus of those who are scoffing at the Discovery Network for an upcoming show reenacting Michael Jackson's autopsy.

Sources tell TMZ ... producers from Discovery -- who plan to air the show in Europe -- went to Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter earlier this year, asking if he'd sit for an interview, describing MJ's autopsy and the investigation into his death.

Winter tells TMZ, "I told them no, we had no interest in doing it and it was a pending case."

Winter adds, "I think it's unprofessional and I wouldn't do it out of respect for the family."

We're told producers did get a copy of the Coroner's report, which is public record.

Hat off to both the Estate and Mr.Winter.

I am glad the estate respond. so weird his "family" kept silence or don't care.

'Weird' is'nt it? the things they should be concerned about are the things they so often choose to ignore, but bring up interventions and money and fake tracks and they are all over the media. You would think something like this would have struck a nerve for them to react to this publically, but then again they have their own lives to live as one kept saying.

Its damn time people stop portraying Michael as something other than a human being!

BTW....appreciative to both the reps. for The Estate and Mr. Wynter for their stance on this!

Last edited:

'Weird' is'nt it? the things they should be concerned about are the things the so often choose to ignore, but bring up interventions and money and they are all over the media. You would think something like this would have struck a nerve for them to react to this publically, but then again they have their own lives to live as one kept saying.

Its damn time people stop portraying Michael as something other than a human being!

I agree. I wish people would see Michael as a person not some ATM or object of some kind. If he was my brother I would be outraged and wish they would leave him alone. Why can't people leave Michael alone?

'Weird' is'nt it? the things they should be concerned about are the things they so often choose to ignore, but bring up interventions and money and fake tracks and they are all over the media. You would think something like this would have struck a nerve for them to react to this publically, but then again they have their own lives to live as one kept saying.

BTW....appreciative to both the reps. for The Estate and Mr. Wynter for their stance on this!
first of all great post!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:....and yes it IS about damn time. and you def earned rep points...:)

Mr Winter deserves props for doing the right thing here and telling them how sick it was and how he was having no part of it. Thank you Mr Winter.

at least his family needs to treat him like human being but no this time again they proved he was cash cow for them .they have time to tweet about every damn thing from estate ,cascios,new yr party but no time for this .
those who are still wondering why he kept distance ,get a cue.

at least his family needs to treat him like human being but no this time again they proved he was cash cow for them .they have time to tweet about every damn thing from estate ,cascios,new yr party but no time for this .
those who are still wondering why he kept distance ,get a cue.

Yes, this is very sad.:no:

Agree with ya

In all fairness Taj did tweet something about it a few days ago but that was all we heard about it. He responded after a lot of fans tweeted him and asked why the family hadn't commented. I haven't agreed with everything the Estate has done but at least they have tried with this to get it off the air.

I saw the ad while scrolling down the home page of TMZ. I can't believe this, how can they bring themselves to air something so tasteless? Discovery can go F' themselves.

In all fairness Taj did tweet something about it a few days ago but that was all we heard about it. He responded after a lot of fans tweeted him and asked why the family hadn't commented. I haven't agreed with everything the Estate has done but at least they have tried with this to get it off the air.

Yes...it took over 3 weeks to get a reaction.

He tweeted about this asking fans to contact the estate about Discovery because the estate has lawyers working for it.....right after he asked if fans wanted to meet him at a mall in brazil

He too can go F' himself.

I suspect the only reason he even mentioned the discovery show was because he knew it would look tacky to invite fans to a meeting in a mall without first acknowledging our tweets asking for a comment on Discovery . 3 damn weeks late....clueless Jacksons.

The petition exceeded 10000 signatures! Good job MJ Fans!

Something struck me as odd about the timing of the letter from branca and mcclain. If they were so upset about this, why did they not send a letter in the very beginning when this news first came out?

Now I hear they are trying to fight it. If it's that much of a problem, why did they not speak up at the very beginning like the rest of the fans???

If I remember correctly, they actually saw footage from the documentary, and that is when they decided to fight against it.

Whoever says the family is not doing anything about this...

His family is demanding that the show be yanked. AP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back