Documentary Being Aired About Events Surrounding Michael Jackson's Death! - NOW CANCELLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Documentary Being Aired About Events Surrounding Michael Jackson's Death!

its aint owned by oprah.. haha @ that..

but yea imma watch this..

cant help it..

-Dal

It does not surprise me that some "fans" would watch it. No comments :doh:

It does not surprise me that some "fans" would watch it. No comments :doh:

Please do not call them fans, It's an insult to the rest of us.

Oprah owns "Discovery Investigative Network". This is different than the actual discovery channel.

And again, my question was, "Is there any other way to sign the petition besides being on Facebook?" I don't care how easy it is to open an account.

If you don't know the answer, or don't care to answer it properly, then please ignore it.

Thank you.

There's a few petitions going round on Petition.net but I think the Facebook one is the biggest one.

Thanks Sophie! :wub: I'll look around there.

Ok I found this on twitter. Maybe somebody will find it helpful to understand the situation:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact..._l7_FeG-d-vFtNTfmKnZScbyQsRFIb_er3UbqD6VKvJg=

Compel Discovery Communications to Cancel This Program

As many Michael Jackson advocates already know, the Discovery Channel is planning to air a program, on a Discovery channel to be determined, that uses the Los Angeles County Coroner's Report to recreate Michael's autopsy on an anatomically correct synthetic cadaver. We don't know if the synthetic cadaver will be altered to resemble Michael.

This program is scheduled to air on January 13 and three dates thereafter in the United Kingdom. Inquiries directed to Discovery Communications indicate there are no plans at this time to air the program in the United States. This doesn't mean it won't eventually be aired in the U.S.; only that it's not currently scheduled to be aired in the U.S.

It's been announced within Michael Jackson's online community of advocates that the Discovery Channel is actually OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.

This is not true.

OWN, acronym for Oprah Winfrey Network, is a future U.S. specialty channel, set to launch on January 1, 2011, owned jointly by Discovery Communications and Harpo Productions. Winfrey's network will replace only the Discovery Health Channel, which has fallen victim to low viewer ratings, on cable and satellite feeds. The use of the word "network" to describe Winfrey's new endeavor is a misnomer. She's taking over the Discovery Health Channel only with programming of her own choosing.

The Oprah Winfrey Network is only one of 28 separate brands--NOT the owner of the Discovery Channel or Discovery Communications. At these links are several press releases that explain the breadth of OWN's program choices.

http://tinyurl.com/healthchannel
http://press.discovery.com/us/own/press-releases

Now that we're clear on who owns what, Michael Jackson advocates are encouraged to inform Discovery Communications that it's unacceptable to exploit the popularity of the world's most well known entertainer merely to draw eyeballs to one of Discovery's programs. The best person to write to is:

David Zaslav
President and CEO
Discovery Communications
1 Discovery Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910

According to Discovery Communications' website, Zaslav "sets the strategy and oversees all operations of the world's number one nonfiction media company."

http://tinyurl.com/263znmh

You're encouraged to also write to the forensic pathologist who will host the program.

Michael D. Hunter, M.D.
3737 Frankford Avenue
Panama City, Florida 32405
theforensicdoc@gmail.com

The Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson have been informed of this development. Word is they're exploring ways to compel Discovery Communications to cancel this program. Perhaps they'll succeed by appealing to David Zaslav's sense of basic human decency. Perhaps there are legal bases on which to proceed.

In the meantime, please take out a sheet of paper and write a snail mail letter (we don't have an email address) to David Zaslav. Time is of the essence. Please do it today. Thank you.

Tips for Writing Effective Protest Letters

· Use a professional and respectful tone. Remain diplomatic and courteous at all times. Avoid emotional rants and stick to the point.
· Keep in mind what it is you hope to accomplish with your letter.
· Keep your letter short and concise. Write short paragraphs and limit your letter to one page.
· Provide your real name and contact information.
· Type your letter if possible. Use a spellchecker, or have someone proofread your letter. If it's handwritten, make sure it's neat and easy to read.

There's a few petitions going round on Petition.net but I think the Facebook one is the biggest one.

If you know the link to another petition why did not you post it yet?

Last edited:

Oprah is never gonna stop doing things Michael Jackson-related until the day she dies.

:(I agree for them to show the Documentary but not the Autopsy. I still have the image of Michael lying on that strecher,first being taken to the Hospital and then the medical examiner's office via Ambulence and Helicopter.I can see that pic of The EMT's working on him and then when they transported Him covered with a White Sheet covering his whole body. All we want is Justice. TMZ is now reporting of another Doctor might be involved.Well, If Conrad the Murderer Murray( or whatever his name is:doh:) is now starting to Sing I didn't completely do it all by myself but I know who is really responsible,then This Documentary should show the people responisible for Michael's Death so we all can see these Killers upclose. His death shouldn't have been this way.He should have died of natural causes,That I can live with but for him to die at the hands of Greedy, Jealous, Hateful people,They should all be in Jail serving a life sentence NOW and Never comeout until they reach the ripe old age of 100,No parole until they reach 90 !!!!! Because while These people are collecting money from him and his songs and pics and writings and living their lives and Mind you Laughing to friends what they did to this wonderful kind man making him sad and miserable,Michael is 18 or more feet rolling over 300x in his Grave in disgust..:no: Justice will be coing soon peeps,Pray on it to come faster than you think.

Oprah is never gonna stop doing things Michael Jackson-related until the day she dies.

Oprah is nothing to do with Discovery. Read a quote in post # 67. It explains everything.

Oprah is nothing to do with Discovery. Read a quote in post # 67. It explains everything.

With all do respect:

In January 2008

Discovery Communications announces joint venture with Oprah Winfrey and Harpo, Inc., to create OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, a multi-platform venture combining Discovery Health Channel and Oprah.com.

Source: Discovery Channel - http://corporate.discovery.com/our-company/company-timeline/

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E

God Bless Always :angel:~~~

:rollingpeace: :rollingpeace:

This was posted on Twitter by @777MJJ:

IMPORTANT info regarding Discovery MJ autopsy re-enactment program. I have received the following in a comment on my blog about this issue:

"I've just received a response from Jeff, the General Manager of the MJ Online Team, which oversees the Estate’s online presence. He states that the Estate team of lawyers did get in touch with UK attorneys concerning the Discovery U.K. broadcast, but legally, they regret to say, there is no grounds for them to have the show cancelled. Also, he said that they will monitor the show when it airs
to check for any potential violations."

Sadly we can implore them to look into their hearts and get this off the air but the Estate has already tried and were refused. The point was also made as to why this is airing in the UK and not the US and its due to the fact that the US has much stricter laws about what is allowed to broadcast. But sign all the petitions we can and make as much noise as possible.

Sickening... Inhumane.

I go this information from Garden who received it from revBarbara.

Michael Messages
More action needed
Discovery Update: Michael Jackson

Autopsy Re-enactment scheduled Discovery UK January 13, 14, 16, 17, 2011.

Michael Jackson's Estate has recently advised that their team of lawyers after discussions with UK lawyers regarding the autopsy programs, were told there were insufficient legal grounds to stop Discovery from airing the planned mock autopsy of Michael Jackson.

The situation is still being monitored. In light of the above, the global effort to accelerate emails, calls and letter writing to Discovery is now critical.

A word of caution:

Please stop talking about the Discovery shows on public sites such as TMZ, CNN, Huffington Post, Yahoo -- wherever. Posting even pro-MJ / anti-Discovery comments in public achieves only one thing...

It simply does Discovery's advertising and promotional work for them and give them the kind of publicity PR professionals charge thousands for.

Here is what you can do instead... Write one letter, and simply change the name you address it to.. send it to every person on this list.

1: Write a letter to:

Nicolas Bonard,

Senior Vice President
Discovery Enterprises International Discovery Networks Europe /Oprah Winfrey Network
Chiswick Park Building 2
566 Chiswick High Road
London,

W4 5YB
UK

and:

David Zaslav

President and CEO
Discovery Communications
1 Discovery Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910

and:

Dr. Hunter who will perform the mock MJ autopsy

Michael D. Hunter, M.D.
3737 Frankford Avenue
Panama City, Florida 32405

2: Email

david_zaslav@discovery.com Absolute head of Discovery. President and CEO

Nicolas_Bonard@discovery-europe.com
Senior Vice President of Discovery Europe

Lucy_Radcliffe@discovery-europe.com Radcliffe is the assistant to Nicolas Bonard.

mark_hollinger@discovery.com
Hollinger is president of Discovery Networks International.

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations Discovery's Viewer Relation in-house complaints area.

theforensicdoc@gmail.com
This is Doctor Hunter's email. He will performing the mock-autopsy.

mjj@innocent.com
You may copy emails to MJJJustice project here.

3: Calls

Mr. Bonard's assistant Lucy Radcliffe has a direct phone line.

From US call : 011 44 208 811 3033

From UK call : 0208 811 3033

Finally:

Please do not use abusive language in any of your communications. write non-emotionally and simply but firmly explain why these proposed programs on Michael Jackson are not only morally and ethically reprehensible -- but are also a potential source of serious anguish and emotional distress for Mr. Jackson's surviving children and family.

Would a program of this kind even be contemplated on River Phoenix, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, Tim Russert or Elizabeth Edwards? This disgrace is happening because years of dehumanizing Michael Jackson in the media has led to the belief that this is acceptable.

It isn't.

Resources:

A minister and metaphysician takes a look at Michael Jackson

Inner Michael
www.innermichael.com

A wordsmith who writes to simply change the world

One Wordsmith
www.onewordsmith.com

Questions and Comments:

Email...
RevB@innermichael.com

Voices 'Words and Violence Curriculum Librarian:
Jenna
www.vwc@yahoo.com

Voices Education Project
www.voiceseducation.org

521 N. Kensington Dr. #1, Appleton, WI 54915, USA

this makes me sick to the stomach. the world is definitely a crazy,wrong place to live...

I still can't believe how much they sensationalize this man even in death. This wasn't done to Heath Ledger, this wasn't done to Anna Nicole, this wasn't done to DJ Am, or Brittany Murphy, why is it being done to Michael Jackson? This is a sick world we live in, populated by sick people, people who have an obsession with dissecting a human being as if he was a science project. This brings tears to my eyes, the nerve of these fucking people.

Sorry guys, I just had to vent.

I still can't believe how much they sensationalize this man even in death. This wasn't done to Heath Ledger, this wasn't done to Anna Nicole, this wasn't done to DJ Am, or Brittany Murphy, why is it being done to Michael Jackson? This is a sick world we live in, populated by sick people, people who have an obsession with dissecting a human being as if he was a science project. This brings tears to my eyes, the nerve of these fucking people.

Sorry guys, I just had to vent.

I agree with you. I just don't understand why they can't leave Michael alone.

This program I am still very upset and totally sicken that they would show something like this. Why can't they just leave him alone for once? I so hope this show does not get aired.

i would just like to add that discovery does things like this all the time. i used to watch a show called dr.g the medical examiner and its about autopisies. they only show the real peoples pictures and the body in the morgue looks like them. they also show a dramatization of the events that led up to death. i think this could be done in good tatse like they do that show. then again its mj so they may or probablt will try to sensationalize it

i would just like to add that discovery does things like this all the time. i used to watch a show called dr.g the medical examiner and its about autopisies. they only show the real peoples pictures and the body in the morgue looks like them. they also show a dramatization of the events that led up to death. i think this could be done in good tatse like they do that show. then again its mj so they may or probablt will try to sensationalize it

I used to L.O.V.E. that show and had found it very interesting to watch it. But I can no longer watch it. Because I just couldn't handle watching a show about what was done to Michael. I did try and go back to watch it. But I just couldn't continue on watching it. It was just too much of a painful reminder. :sad:

I have just signed. I'm disgusted at this. What is the matter with people, Michael deserves respect and peace - I wonder if the estate has said anything about this?

We fans are disgusted...yet the Jacksons have kept silent.

This is beyond disgusting. I hate this world we live in, I really do.
I know I would NEVER watch something like that. omg
Did anyone think about his children ???????
And why, why isn"t family doing something ??!!!!

i dnt think they should do it but as i said earlier they do things like this all of the time. n they dnt show anything but they body lying on the table. i would ask everyone 2 youtube dr.g: the medical examiner. im still against the show though.

I used to L.O.V.E. that show and had found it very interesting to watch it. But I can no longer watch it. Because I just couldn't handle watching a show about what was done to Michael. I did try and go back to watch it. But I just couldn't continue on watching it. It was just too much of a painful reminder. :sad:

yea i loved it 2, but i havent watched it in a very long time either. i would like 2 see if they stick too facts for mikes case or try to sensationlize it. thats the only thing i want to find out

We fans are disgusted...yet the Jacksons have kept silent.

dnt you think the family knew about it well before we did. cause im sure the estate told them abt it. n im sure if the estate told them that they couldnt stop it also

This is also definitely pushing the envelope of resistance, with Christmas coming up and all the values associated with it. They succeeded in severing people into separate camps with "Michael", posthumously, and more such things, like Klein and Lester and many other so-called friends showing their true colors, now this, that you can't help but be grossed and enraged about. Trying not to give them what they're after...

Sophielo;3147665 said:
This was posted on Twitter by @777MJJ:

IMPORTANT info regarding Discovery MJ autopsy re-enactment program. I have received the following in a comment on my blog about this issue:

"I've just received a response from Jeff, the General Manager of the MJ Online Team, which oversees the Estate’s online presence. He states that the Estate team of lawyers did get in touch with UK attorneys concerning the Discovery U.K. broadcast, but legally, they regret to say, there is no grounds for them to have the show cancelled. Also, he said that they will monitor the show when it airs
to check for any potential violations."
:bugeyed

:no:

They say they wanna show what "really" happened. Ok, what? Are they gonna follow what the autopsy said, or make their own agenda? And if that "personal" physician is Klein (which I thought he was just Mike's cosmetic surgeon) then imma be even more disappointed in this program.

I don't really understand the need to have this doc. He's been gone a little over a year and this already? They're treating him like a science experiment! A frigging frog in Bio class! I can't imagine what his family thinks if they know about this show coming up. This really is like a "last nail in the coffin" for me kinda thing. I'm just fed up with people's fascination over how he lived his private life and death...and on top of that, wanting to broadcast it globally so everyone can "ok" his issues.

I'm done...

Same here... They're sure to make it creepy too, to depict him like a monster. A self-injecting killer of self too, by Murray's defense. I'm trying to fathom how all this can be possible.. this much use, abuse, disrespect and sick obsession over a human being, much less one as special as Michael. How distorted and twisted fabrications and lies are in his case. I fail every time. The devil is far worse than imagined.

Those poor 3 children of his, hopefully, won't know about this. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back