Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes Part 2 (May 2008 onwards)

^ when ur that sorry.. probably time stode still.. It was probably 30 seconds, but felt like forever.. ha ha!!
Yeah he must have been exxagerating but If I hung up on Mike I definately would be apologising for most of the convo lol. Just to make sure he KNEW for sure I werent taking the P out of him lol. Its Michael
(obv I'm exxagerating but you get it)
This guys phones him obv out of the blue personally youre gonna be apologising you dont want to offend someone who you admire that took the time to call you up lol

When MJ phoned up Will i am and Will didn't believe it was MJ, MJ said ''Awww noone ever belives that it's really me'' lol

updated with these...

Ne-yo talks to Digital Spy 4 August 2008
You know, he's never told me he didn't like something and not given me a reason as to why. I've been working on some songs for his new album and if he doesn't like something he'll explain to me why he doesn't like it. He'll say, 'I just think the melody could be better' or 'I think that a stronger lyric could go here'. We haven't actually gotten the opportunity to work in the studio yet. As of right now it's all phone calls and emails and mp3s and I'm not really allowed to say anything about it.

RedOne in National Ledger 6 August 2008
It's not like it's a secret, it's just that nobody knows (when the album is being released). When it comes to Michael, I'm not allowed to talk about the recording, but I can say he's unbelievable, honestly the best that music has ever known, the ultimate star, artist, musician. Every other star I work with, I tell them I'm working with Michael Jackson, and they're like 'Oh, my God!' And when I tell him, he's so humble and polite, he's like, 'Oh, thank you.'

:)

Neyo speaks about new album 13 August 2008
We talked about music, where he wanted to go direction-wise, how we'd get the records to one another. It was a very calm, regular meeting. We're trying to get people to ignore the rumours about his personal life and get back to the reason why we loved Michael Jackson in the first place, the entertainment value. We want to get the music right. He's still dancing, doing his thing; it should be good.

original updated:)

I can't wait for the day I come online in here and see "NEW Michael Jackson Album Release!!" CANNOT WAIT!!! Till then... I have lots to keep me busy and I wish him the most wonderful happy birthday. I hope it's his best year yet and I hope they just keep getting better and better.

So this album is going ahead I take it?

I really hope so. I also hope Michael writes like he used to; it will make people take notice.

I can't wait for the day I come online in here and see "NEW Michael Jackson Album Release!!" CANNOT WAIT!!! Till then... I have lots to keep me busy and I wish him the most wonderful happy birthday. I hope it's his best year yet and I hope they just keep getting better and better.
LOL! Me too! Just the thought of it makes me all excited. :lol::D

NEW QUOTES:

Producer RedOne talks to a Swedish newspaper about recording with Michael Jackson. Kindly translated by kenjansson from another MJ forum:

"Michael is such a perfectionist in everything he does, every detail is perfect. It's all ear candy. Me and Akon were watching him work in the studio, laughing like little children."

(...)

"He is a super nice and polite guy. I was shocked when I had dinner with him, he is so knowledgable about so many things, a real business man, and very intelligent."

(...)

About the new material:

"It's very melodic. Very pop. I have no idea when his album will be out. He works with a line of different producers."

Source:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesliv/article3117448.ab

NEW QUOTES:

Producer RedOne talks to a Swedish newspaper about recording with Michael Jackson. Kindly translated by kenjansson from another MJ forum:

"Michael is such a perfectionist in everything he does, every detail is perfect. It's all ear candy. Me and Akon were watching him work in the studio, laughing like little children."

(...)

"He is a super nice and polite guy. I was shocked when I had dinner with him, he is so knowledgable about so many things, a real business man, and very intelligent."

(...)

About the new material:

"It's very melodic. Very pop. I have no idea when his album will be out. He works with a line of different producers."

Source:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesliv/article3117448.ab
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. :wild: MELODIIIES.

Last edited:
:wild: wooo nice quotes. Thanks for posting. :clap: yay a pop album!:D

Last edited:
We are getting stuff pinch by pinch... and in the end its gonna be a MOSAIC! [size=-2]I spell dat right...[/size] . Thanks micky :happy:

This is probably the best thread on this entire forum! :D
Very cool and hot news around here!
A new pop album! that makes me smile! :D

Wait, you guys are surprised MJ is releasing a pop album? Uh...?

Wait, you guys are surprised MJ is releasing a pop album? Uh...?

i think ppl are just happy to know that michaels sticking to pop and not taking an r&b turn like many artists nowadays (given the fact that hes collaborating with r&b/hip hop artists and producers)

All of his albums are considered pop/r&b, lol...That doesn't mean it's going to sound like Britney Spears or N'Sync.

Exactly. :flowers: Not to say there was anything wrong with N'Sync. I own some of their material. They weren't too shabby for that time period, imo. :fear:

i think ppl are just happy to know that michaels sticking to pop and not taking an r&b turn like many artists nowadays (given the fact that hes collaborating with r&b/hip hop artists and producers)

The term "pop" can be used loosely. Considering the producers he's working with, I'm expecting the most "urban" album he's ever done.

MJ has been and always will be R&B...where have you been? lol

His music has always been POPular. But he is R and B from his soul. And he has a very smart way of making whatever he sings....POPular. I guess that is why he is the......

KING OF POP!

His music has always been POPular. But he is R and B from his soul. And he has a very smart way of making whatever he sings....POPular. I guess that is why he is the......

KING OF POP!

Right...
Michael has always sung "popular" music no matter what kind of genre he was trying to experiment with in his music. "Popular" simply means: music for mass appeal, its not necessarily a "genre". Typical mainstream period BUT unlike the mainstream of today, Michael was innovative and original despite his popularity. He stayed true to his art, hopefully his next album will be the same as well. Most artists who are popular are no where near the hype the media gives them or the achievements they win, simply because their just making music to be "popular". Michael was the most successful artist in mainstream that was original and innovative. He stayed true to his art and earned all his successes with that came a price. His one of a kind. Innovation and originality are the main things that lack in todays mainstream music.

Last edited:
MJ has been and always will be R&B...where have you been? lol

michaels music is POP and has always been POP meaning that it appeals to everyone.
hes done rock, soul, r&b songs and they're all considered to be POP cuz they are POPular.
they have mass appeal. if u say that michaels always been r&b is no different than saying his music has the same sound as chris browns, ushers etc sounds which it doesnt.
michaels music has always had popular sound no matter if it was r&b, rock, soul, pop or whatever. michael can transform every genre into a popular one. michael can release a gospel or a country or even an opera (figure of speech lol) album and he will be able to make it popular meaning that everyone no matter what taste they have in music will be able to enjoy listening to it.
for instance "u rock my world" which is considered to be an r&b song has a very pop sound and even ppl who are not into r&b can love that song.

K well MJ's R&B sound has been appealing to POP culture which makes him popular. Not all R&B sounds like Usher LOLOLOLOL. Rhythm and Blues...thats what it is. Not all R&B sounds the same and not all Pop sounds the same. I mean if u wanna put MJ in a box, u can say all his stuff sounds like N'sync if u wanna categorize him in "generic" pop...just like R&B sounds like "usher" lol. MJ has been in R&B for a loooooooooooooooooong time. What is most of the Thriller album? R&B : Billie Jean...Thriller...Lady In My life...WBss..baby be mine.......all R&B that became popular...which made it pop too. MJ's always have been rooted in R&B, and he hasn't steered away from it. Even his more rockish songs have some R&B center in it. Give Into Me, Beat It, and Dirty Diana...prime examples. Yes he's made it more appealing to many...like Hip Hop has become....there are hip hop songs that are pop, but that doesn't mean they aren't hip hop lol

Last edited:
K well MJ's R&B sound has been appealing to POP culture which makes him popular. Not all R&B sounds like Usher LOLOLOLOL. Rhythm and Blues...thats what it is. Not all R&B sounds the same and not all Pop sounds the same. I mean if u wanna put MJ in a box, u can say all his stuff sounds like N'sync if u wanna categorize him in "generic" pop...just like R&B sounds like "usher" lol. MJ has been in R&B for a loooooooooooooooooong time. What is most of the Thriller album? R&B : Billie Jean...Thriller...Lady In My life...WBss..baby be mine.......all R&B that became popular...which made it pop too. MJ's always have been rooted in R&B, and he hasn't steered away from it. Even his more rockish songs have some R&B center in it. Give Into Me, Beat It, and Dirty Diana...prime examples. Yes he's made it more appealing to many...like Hip Hop has become....there are hip hop songs that are pop, but that doesn't mean they aren't hip hop lol

lulz. The truth many people fail to understand. Prolly the best post in this topic.

J5, you're making way too much sense, lol.
I think some fans just feel like they can sleep better at night if they know Michael is singing "pop" music. When you, me, and anybody who's been a Michael Jackson fan for more than 5 years can tell you unequivocately that dude's been rooted in R&B his whole life. Apparently, some fans think you have to look like Usher to sing R&B music. Why Michael looks like music royalty. He's too good to be fitted in the same category as a bunch of young black guys who have baggy jeans, tatoos, pierced ears, and bad attitudes. Right?
Pardon my sarcasm.

Hollaback.

Back