Christina Aguilera's New Album Bionic *Update Post 68: War With Label Over Sales"

Invincible is NOT a flop, but it wasn't as successful as his previous records, ESPECIALLY thriller.

there is no 'but'. Invincible is successful. period. and like i said to you before...as long as the clock is ticking, one album isn't really more successful than the other, as long as they are all still selling. Thriller's monumental achievment is what it is. But nobody can go behind a secret wall, into everybody's home, and know whether or not, fans are still buying copies of 'Off THe Wall', for instance. if it's Michael, people are buying it, because it's Michael. nobody can claim that Off the Wall isn't still racking up incredible numbers. let alone, his other albums, including Invincible.

well, you have to remember this was the 2000's also the decade of low and average record sales unlike the 80's and 90's piracy really starting to kick in, i bet lots of artists would like to have the sales of invincle plus mj didn't have alot of promotion plus he didn't tour but every artist experience a time when an album doesn't sale as much as previous, but invincible did very well especially when britney spears, nsync, destiny's child, usher, and etc were at their peaks

there is no 'but'. Invincible is successful. period. and like i said to you before...as long as the clock is ticking, one album isn't really more successful than the other, as long as they are all still selling. Thriller's monumental achievment is what it is. But nobody can go behind a secret wall, into everybody's home, and know whether or not, fans are still buying copies of 'Off THe Wall', for instance. if it's Michael, people are buying it, because it's Michael. nobody can claim that Off the Wall isn't still racking up incredible numbers. let alone, his other albums, including Invincible.

Exactly, no buts. Thriller is more successful than Invincible. It's still selling MORE than Invincible till this day, Thriller was the height of MJ's career.

well, you have to remember this was the 2000's also the decade of low and average record sales unlike the 80's and 90's piracy really starting to kick in, i bet lots of artists would like to have the sales of invincle plus mj didn't have alot of promotion plus he didn't tour but every artist experience a time when an album doesn't sale as much as previous, but invincible did very well especially when britney spears, nsync, destiny's child, usher, and etc were at their peaks
I'm not arguing wether it's successful or not. Look, i'll say it ten times:

Invincible is a successful album.

I'll say this as well:

Thriller is MORE Successful. And it represented MJ's height.

Is it clear?

Exactly, no buts. Thriller is more successful than Invincible. It's still selling MORE than Invincible till this day, Thriller was the height of MJ's career.

yeah i know u wanna twist what i said. but that's not what i said. Invincible was released wayyy after Thriller, if we want to go on that logic. His whole career was, and is the height of his career.

if we wanna go relative, we can go like this. MJ was part of the first successful boy band. four big hits right out of the box. that's a height. Invincible was released against incredible adversity and did remarkably well. that's a height. Dangerous is the biggest selling New Jack Swing album, ever. that's a height. BODTF is the biggest selling remix album ever. that's a height. Bad was breathing down THriller's neck, because it was released AFTER thriller. that's a height.

yeah i know u wanna twist what i said. but that's not what i said. Invincible was released wayyy after Thriller, if we want to go on that logic. His whole career was, and is the height of his career.

if we wanna go relative, we can go like this. MJ was part of the first successful boy band. four big hits right out of the box. that's a height. Invincible was released against incredible adversity and did remarkably well. that's a height. Dangerous is the biggest selling New Jack Swing album, ever. that's a height. BODTF is the biggest selling remix album ever. that's a height. Bad was breathing down THriller's neck, because it was released AFTER thriller. that's a height.
No, you didn't understand me, Thriller is selling more than Invincible TODAY. Not thirty years ago.

No, you didn't understand me, Thriller is selling more than Invincible TODAY. Not thirty years ago.

no. i understood what you said, and i disagree. they both keep selling. and thriller has a thirty year head start. since the tendency is to go relative, that's what i'm doing.

no. i understood what you said, and i disagree. they both keep selling. and thriller has a thirty year head start.

Nope. Off the wall came before thriller, yet thriller is selling more TODAY. Bad came AFTER Thriller, yet thriller is selling more TODAY. When you're judging what's on today, it doesn't matter who had the head start. Thriller outsold the entire J5 catalogue from june 2009 till today. Invincible outsold BOTDF even if it came LATER. And thriller, MJ's height, outsold all the albums that weren't complications after his death.

Nope. Off the wall came before thriller, yet thriller is selling more TODAY. Bad came AFTER Thriller, yet thriller is selling more TODAY. When you're judging what's on today, it doesn't matter who had the head start. Thriller outsold the entire J5 catalogue from june 2009 till today. Invincible outsold BOTDF even if it came LATER. And thriller, MJ's height, outsold all the albums that weren't complications after his death.

none of that is true. you keep putting stuff in past tense. you keep saying it 'sold'. they all keep selling. so one cannot outsell the other. all his stuff is being bought. and time is a factor. MJ has sold 750 million records SO FAR. are you trying to tell me that 650 million of those, are THriller?

BTW I think I know why Christina's album is tanking. She's not even the main freaking subject OF HER OWN THREAD :lol: that's just sad..

Its sad but true :lol:

none of that is true. you keep putting stuff in past tense. you keep saying it 'sold'. they all keep selling. so one cannot outsell the other. all his stuff is being bought. and time is a factor. MJ has sold 750 million records SO FAR. are you trying to tell me that 650 million of those, are THriller?

Wow talk about putting words in my mouth. I know all his other albums are successful, but Thriller is most successful. They keep selling, but Thriller is selling MORE.

Here's the breakdown of sales in 2009 (credit goes to smooth_criminal):

*US Figures: Jan 1st 2009 - December 31st 2009
*Global Figures: Jan 1st 2009 - December 31st 2009

OFF THE WALL
-500,000 (US)
-1,600,000 (Globally)

THRILLER
-1,300,000 (US)
-4,500,000 (Globally)

BAD
-550,000 (US)
-2,500,000 (Globally)

DANGEROUS
-390,000 (US)
-2,000,000 (Globally)

HISTORY
-150,000 (US)
-850,000 (Globally)

INVINCIBLE
-190,000 (US)
-1,100,000 (Globally)

ESSENTIAL
-1,100,000 (US)
-3,200,000 (Globally)

NUMBER ONES
-2,300,000 (US)
-3,900,000 (Globally)

KING OF POP
-2,300,000 (Globally)

THIS IS IT
-1,300,000 (US)
-3,600,000 (Globally)

JACKSON 5 ALBUMS
-500,000 (US)
-1,400,000 (Globally)

OTHER:
-500,000 (US)
-1,800,000 (Globally)

By your logic, if a record sells one copy a week, it's still successful. And that album can never be outsold by another that averages 1 million a week on the same period. That's farther from the truth.

Wow talk about putting words in my mouth. I know all his other albums are successful, but Thriller is most successful. They keep selling, but Thriller is selling MORE.

Here's the breakdown of sales in 2009 (credit goes to smooth_criminal):

*US Figures: Jan 1st 2009 - December 31st 2009
*Global Figures: Jan 1st 2009 - December 31st 2009

OFF THE WALL
-500,000 (US)
-1,600,000 (Globally)

THRILLER
-1,300,000 (US)
-4,500,000 (Globally)

BAD
-550,000 (US)
-2,500,000 (Globally)

DANGEROUS
-390,000 (US)
-2,000,000 (Globally)

HISTORY
-150,000 (US)
-850,000 (Globally)

INVINCIBLE
-190,000 (US)
-1,100,000 (Globally)

ESSENTIAL
-1,100,000 (US)
-3,200,000 (Globally)

NUMBER ONES
-2,300,000 (US)
-3,900,000 (Globally)

KING OF POP
-2,300,000 (Globally)

THIS IS IT
-1,300,000 (US)
-3,600,000 (Globally)

JACKSON 5 ALBUMS
-500,000 (US)
-1,400,000 (Globally)

OTHER:
-500,000 (US)
-1,800,000 (Globally)

By your logic, if a record sells one copy a week, it's still successful. And that album can never be outsold by another that averages 1 million a week on the same period. That's farther from the truth.

too many veriations from all kinds of people getting credit for supposed stats. what i said, is the truth. and one copy selling is a success.

and thriller is only part of his peak. his whole career is his peak. again, as long as the clock is ticking, the albums are selling. you keep freezing time, while time is still going.

Just wanted to say thiller was declared the best selling album of all time during the 80s and it still is!

It always be #1 no matter what.

Now can we go bck to talking bout christina aguliera :lol:

too many veriations from all kinds of people getting credit for supposed stats. what i said, is the truth. and one copy selling is a success.

and thriller is only part of his peak. his whole career is his peak. again, as long as the clock is ticking, the albums are selling. you keep freezing time, while time is still going.

What are the variations exactly?

What are the variations exactly?

ah.the word 'exactly'. that's the point. from person to person, the numbers vary. trouble is, while they're busy calculating, somebody else is buying. many somebodys. if we were to replace albums with babies, the way people freeze these figures, they come up with, it would be like saying babies aren't being born anymore. i didn't put words in anybody's mouth. i'm just sticking to my point on the debate.

Where's Christina Aguilera on itunes, right now? *trying to circle the thread topic* lol

Last edited:
ah.the word 'exactly'. that's the point. from person to person, the numbers vary. trouble is, while they're busy calculating, somebody else is buying. many somebodys. if we were to replace albums with babies, the way people freeze these figures, they come up with, it would be like saying babies aren't being born anymore. i didn't put words in anybody's mouth. i'm just sticking to my point on the debate.

Okay, let's talk babies. There are more indian babies than Saudi babies. And indians ARE producing babies than saudi arabian Babies. Where are we going with this again?

And yes, you put words in my mouth. You stated that I was implying that thriller sold 650 million units.

Okay, let's talk babies. There are more indian babies than Saudi babies. And indians ARE producing babies than saudi arabian Babies. Where are we going with this again?

And yes, you put words in my mouth. You stated that I was implying that thriller sold 650 million units.

i didn't know we were putting tracking chips on babies' ears. lol. but it all helps make my point about relativity and freezing figures. and no i didn't put words in your mouth. i made the point that it's simply illogical to talk about outselling, when you're still selling all your units, and you factor in time. and that's the point i made all along.

and the grand general point being made here, all along, is, if a person was actually capable of seeing a 'low point', in MJ's career, it's worthy of being argued right into eternity. if a person can see a low point in his career, then, that is digging really deep to find a negative. really deep. and you still haven't really found one. now, since then, perhaps, the term 'low point' has been watered down. but then again, perhaps not. but there is no low point to discuss in this kind of a career. comparing albums in this kind of a career seems like such a painstaking attempt to search for negatives.

i didn't know we were putting tracking chips on babies' ears. lol. but it all helps make my point about relativity and freezing figures. and no i didn't put words in your mouth. i made the point that it's simply illogical to talk about outselling, when you're still selling all your units. and that's the point i made all along.
Tracking chips? uhh... what?

Outselling is true. Okay, lets talk another metaphor. General Motors is a car company, It's sales were poor but it was STILL selling units. It filed for bankruptcy last year even though it was still selling cars... Does that mean it's successful?

Tracking chips? uhh... what?

Outselling is true. Okay, lets talk another metaphor. General Motors is a car company, It's sales were poor but it was STILL selling units. It filed for bankruptcy last year even though it was still selling cars... Does that mean it's successful?

outselling is not true. and MJ never filed for bankruptcy so he can't be compared to GM.

and Aguilera never filed, either. just thought i'd make an official mention so i can be regarded as staying on the thread topic.

outselling is not true. and MJ never filed for bankruptcy so he can't be compared to GM.

Can you please just answer the question? Do you consider GM to be a successful company since it was selling units?

Can you please just answer the question? Do you consider GM to be a successful company since it was selling units?

i consider GM to be a company that filed for bankruptcy. that doesn't equate with success, unless you call Donald Trump, who has filed for bankruptcy in the past. i'm known for being blunt, so i'll just ask. how far are you willing to go, to try to program me, to think that MJ had a low point in his career? cus it's not going to happen. and that's what started this debate.

i consider GM to be a company that filed for bankruptcy. that doesn't equate with success, unless you call Donald Trump, who has filed for bankruptcy in the past.

My question didn't involve bankruptcy, please answer it. Do you consider GM to be a successful company since it was selling units?

My question didn't involve bankruptcy, please answer it. Do you consider GM to be a successful company since it was selling units?

you are the one who mentioned bankruptcy. how did you not involve it? i didn't put words in your mouth, just in case.

do you consider Trump to be a failure? that's my answer. i will add, that the moment they come out and declare that they are a failure, and they truly believe it, then i will say they are a failure.

you are the one who mentioned bankruptcy. how did you not involve it? i didn't put words in your mouth, just in case.

do you consider Trump to be a failure? that's my answer. i will add, that the moment they come out and declare that they are a failure, and they truly believe it, then i will say they are a failure.

Yes, he was failing during that time, now please answer my question with a yes or no. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: Oh and BTW Donald's never filed for bankruptcy over himself, he filed bankruptcy for some of his companies.

Yes, he was failing during that time, now please answer my question with a yes or no. It's as simple as that.

that's your opinion.

and, sometimes a question does not require a simple yes or no. some need explaining. the summary of all this is, that the correct person to be asking if they are a failure or not, is the person or business who is the subject of these such discussions. what outside people think, really doesn't matter.

businesswise, Trump's companies are him.

that's your opinion.

and, sometimes a question does not require a simple yes or no. some need explaining. the summary of all this is, that the correct person to be asking if they are a failure or not, is the person or business who is the subject of these such discussions. what outside people think, really doesn't matter.

businesswise, Trump's companies are him.
You do know Trump wanted to resign from the board right? That's really successful.

And yes, I know that's my opinion, I'm asking for your opinion. Is GM a successful company?

You do know Trump wanted to resign from the board right? That's really successful.

And yes, I know that's my opinion, I'm asking for your opinion. Is GM a successful company?

Trump can get a temper. we've seen that. the question is, DID he resign? i'm not looking for the smoke, here. i'm looking for the fire.

do you know why it's moot to ask my opinion of someone other than me? because a person's success depends on their own attitude. you can't really ask person A if person B is successful. that doesn't make any sense. you can only legitimately ask person A if person A is successful. person A's answer is the real answer. if you find Donald Trump, ask him if he thinks he's a failure. and i'm not asking for knee jerk. i'm asking for his general assessment of himself.

so i have to hear from GM, to answer your question.

i am able to answer about Michael, because i have heard his own quotes. his most poignant one, to me, is..

'believe in yourself, even if the whole world is against you'.

Back