Beijing 2008

Oh sorry I forgot to add, yes she was Chinese girl and this happened yesterday :)

I think I know Thomas Dailey, if he's the American? I don't rememebr his name but someone young boy I've heard of too..
thx for the info:) i will search now a video about it....actually already found it just it is not loading yet...:no:

no, Thomas is from the UK, he is so cute i think :D
a pic of him:
_44300583_thomas_daley2.jpg

^ Ok then I didn't know him, but isn't there a young boy (16-year-old or so?) in diving from USA too? Or then I just remember wrong and it's Thomas that I'm thinking...

In Canoe-2 1000 Meter Kozmand and Kiss just won bronze! It is unbeliveable, this means soooo much! Congrats to them! :)

the One: hm i dunno about the American guy,but i guess you are right and there is a young American too...i did not watch these actually because we do not get it on tv here :(

Last edited:
Ágnes said:
In Canoe-2 1000 Meter Kozmand and Kiss just won bronze! It is unbeliveable, this means soooo much! Congrats to them! :)

the One: hm i dunno about the American guy,but i guess you are right and there is a young American too...i did not watch these actually because we do not get it on tv here :sad:
I was just thinking that I thought I saw a young boy in the opening ceremony with team USA and he was athlete :D

So isn't it already 3rd medal for Hungary today?? Pretty good! :yes:
Congrats :clapping:

^^^Yeah, we have a gold, a silver and a bronze medal for today!!! :)

That bronze one is amazing, you know there is György Kozmann, whose mate (György Kolonics) died before the Olympics and he first thought that he won't go to the Games but he changed his mind and found Tamás Kiss with whom he was able to win that medal!!! It's more than great because they have been practising together for about 3 weeks!!! They said their aim was to get to the final! Kolonics's spirit helped them I'm quite sure. I'm really curious what would they say about this...

Ági! Have you heard what Attila screamed after he finished the final? It's sooo touching, he said: Köszi, Koló... (thanks, Koló!) :sad: He said Koló was with him during the race... he helped him from Heaven...:sad:

Attila Vajda on the podium with his gold medal

370893_70706f2b1a9b501ab8cdd5dddc2b40bd_m.jpg

Last edited:

See? :)
And you were saying you were all cursed... There you go! :cheeky:

Two more days to go people.I'm already starting to miss it! :(

That bronze one is amazing, you know there is György Kozmann, whose mate (György Kolonics) died before the Olympics and he first thought that he won't go to the Games but he changed his mind and found Tamás Kiss with whom he was able to win that medal!!! It's more than great because they have been practising together for about 3 weeks!!! They said their aim was to get to the final! Kolonics's spirit helped them I'm quite sure. I'm really curious what would they say about this...

Ági! Have you heard what Attila screamed after he finished the final? It's sooo touching, he said: Köszi, Koló... (thanks, Koló!) :sad: He said Koló was with him during the race... he helped him from Heaven...:sad:

Attila Vajda on the podium with his gold medal

370893_70706f2b1a9b501ab8cdd5dddc2b40bd_m.jpg

That really touched me. I believe his friend helped him to get that medal!
Belgium finally got a silver medal too. I was convinced that Belgium wouldn't get a medal this time. Our women got silver in the 4 X 100m.

Me too :cry: I don't want it to end.... it's funny how I feel this same after all big games.
But I'll cheer myself up thinking that this mean F1 continues again.. :D

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the former USSR countries -- they won 131 medals as of now, keeping the best ever achieved plank of sportsmen training effectiveness. Being half of USSR in quantity of population, Russia made proportionally almost half of those medals, which was poor and comes as long-time distanced result of sport "death" in the country in 1990s.

This is no surprise; significant Chinese sportsmen success was also expected, as well as excellent result for USA's team: correspondingly, they won 89 and 102 medals. China got overwhelming win with by far the best result in quantity of golden medals, 43, being absolute #1.

Great Britain sees significant burst of excellence, even topping Russia with quantity of golden medals. UK gets ready for London 2012 Olympics.

Last edited:
Wow relay races are always so dramatic... Jamaica dropped failed in women's 4x100m...
Powell was amazing in the last sprint, though. Jamaica rules :dancing:

That really touched me. I believe his friend helped him to get that medal!
Belgium finally got a silver medal too. I was convinced that Belgium wouldn't get a medal this time. Our women got silver in the 4 X 100m.

Congrats to them and thank you. I cried during this race... I cried when they interviewed their coach who said that it was really a miracle. The guys showed 3 with their hands which means that they were 3 (not 2) in that boat. :sad:

hehe yeah, it was so frustrating because usually we were doing very well at the Olympic Games but it seemed nothing comes to us. But from now on... shame that only 2 days and it's over...

I already miss the games, too...:D

Me too :cry: I don't want it to end.... it's funny how I feel this same after all big games.
But I'll cheer myself up thinking that this mean F1 continues again.. :D

me too, but it's not a surprise. We have so much in common. :)

I'll cheer for your guys in the javelin final tomorrow. Please, cheer for our kayak-canoe boys and girls. There are 5 finals (from the 6) where there are Hungarians! I want a medal rain tomorrow!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot to say that our waterpolo team won against Montenegro (it was a big big battle, sorry Ivana...:sad:), and they are in the final. That gold and silver medals will be the final medals at the Olympics on Sunday! Let's hope our Hungarian team's boys will get the gold ones!!! It would be the 3rd consecutive time... it would be so nice!

Last edited:
I missed the "medal rain" though we won a gold medal in kayak 2 - women - 500 m.

Big congrats to Katalin Kovács and Natasa Janics!!!!:cheers:

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

we got a gold in men's Pole Vault :swoon:

wow!!!!

C'mon Aussies!!!

Rank NOC Name Men Women Open/Mixed Total Rank by Total G S B T G S B T G S B T G S B T 1 CHN - China 21 7 7 35 27 10 19 56

1 1 48 17 27 92 2 2 USA - United States 17 12 20 49 13 22 15 50 1 2 1 4 31 36 36 103 1 3 RUS - Russian Fed. 10 8 17 35 9 12 6 27

19 20 23 62 3 4 GBR - Great Britain 10 8 7 25 7 5 5 17 1
2 3 18 13 14 45 4 5 GER - Germany 6 7 6 19 6 2 7 15 3 1 2 6 15 10 15 40 6 6 AUS - Australia 5 6 8 19 8 6 8 22
2 13 14 16 43 5 7 KOR - Korea 6 6 4 16 4 4 4 12 1

1 11 10 8 29 8 8 JPN - Japan 4 4 5 13 5 2 5 12

9 6 10 25 10 9 ITA - Italy 3 6 6 15 4 3 4 11

7 9 10 26 9 10 NED - Netherlands 1
2 3 5 4 2 11 1 1
2 7 5 4 16 15

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

we got a gold in men's Pole Vault :swoon:

wow!!!!

C'mon Aussies!!!
It was Steve Hooker, right? I watched it and he was amazing, I was hoping him to win!! :)

We got bronze in javelin... it's OK though I maybe was expecting a bit more but Thorkildsen was unbeatable :eek:

Kinga I was cheering for the Hungarians in kayaking and you got your medals!! :clapping:

I watched the javelin throw final but the F1 qualifying started so I turned to another station. I saw that Pitkamaki was quite good but Thorkildsen was better :sad: What are the results finally? Did Pitkamaki get a silver medal or bronze?

Thanks, for the cheering. It could have been better but that's life...

n19.jpg

Last edited:
I searched for it and have read that Tero Pitkamaki won the bronze medal. Congrats!:yes:

I searched for it and have read that Tero Pitkamaki won the bronze medal. Congrats!:yes:
Thank you :cheers:
We would have get silver AND bronze but Latvia's Vasilevskis throwed with his last try so long that he dropped Tero Järvenpää out of top 3 :(

I :heart: Jeremy Wariner. :yes:

Last edited:
Thank you :cheers:
We would have get silver AND bronze but Latvia's Vasilevskis throwed with his last try so long that he dropped Tero Järvenpää out of top 3 :(

aww that's a shame... :sad:

That Pitkamaki guy isn't a typical Finnish guy with his dark hair and quite dark skin. He's handsome I have to admit. :wub:

There was your Independence Day last year where Kimi was a guest also and I downloaded an interview with him from that event, and next to him stood a very very long guy, he was much taller than Kimi... I didn't know who he was and now when I saw the javelin final, it turned out for me that it was Tero Pitkamaki! :doh:

Last edited:
Far OUT!! how can so many shots bounce OFF the damn ring and NOT drop!
and Lauren Jackson fouled out :eek:

Good on the Opals for getting Silver though :kickass2:

WOAH!!!

did anyone see the Cuban Tae Kwon Do fighter?

he got kicked in the foot and complained of injury and grabbed his foot with 7 seconds to go in the round and his coach didn't watch the time instead watched his fighter.... anyway it was deemed that he had forfited to the Kazakastan fighter... and the Cuban dude got up and kicked the referee!!! and the coach went off at the referee too!

and then they were marched out of the stadium all the while carrying on...

The guy has been banned from competiting for Life!! :eek:

^ Really?? :eek: I did not see that!! :eek: :eek:

That Pitkamaki guy isn't a typical Finnish guy with his dark hair and quite dark skin. He's handsome I have to admit. :wub:

There was your Independence Day last year where Kimi was a guest also and I downloaded an interview with him from that event, and next to him stood a very very long guy, he was much taller than Kimi... I didn't know who he was and now when I saw the javelin final, it turned out for me that it was Tero Pitkamaki! :doh:
:D
Yes, he's pretty handsome, he reminds me a bit of my sister's husband though everyone else thinks there's nothing same in them :lol:

Yeah I couldn't believe it. I think he was angry because he was actually winning the fight until he got kicked in the foot. It was up to his coach to watch the clock... and instead they got involved in arguing with the referee. He refused to shake his opponents hand and everything

such bad sportsmanship :no:

Yeah I couldn't believe it. I think he was angry because he was actually winning the fight until he got kicked in the foot. It was up to his coach to watch the clock... and instead they got involved in arguing with the referee. He refused to shake his opponents hand and everything

such bad sportsmanship :no:

I've read about this incident... Too bad... :sad: these things can happen. I think it was a right decision to ban him from competition for life!

Yay!
We got that gold today! :happy:

And I've heard about that Cuban guy! :eek:
Not cool, man! :no:

Our waterpolo men team is the Olympic champion!!! They won the match against the USA. The result is 14-10!!!

Hungary is the only country in the history of the Olympic Games that have 3 consecutive gold medals in this sport (we have 10 out of the 17!)!!!! Yay!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

have just read that they took back his (Ara Abrahamian) bronze medal because of his behaviour, this means minus 1 bronze for Sweden ...i believe Sweden is pretty pissed at him

Sorry, but most people in sweden stand by him and think that his protest where correct (Ok most think that he should'nt have come to the ceremony at all)
And just the other day CAS gave Ara right and are now criticizing FILA (International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles) and request them to change their rules. Everyone says that the Wrestling world is corrupt and are in danger to be thrown out of OG. So Ara said that he won in the end.

But sweden made it's worst OG in 100 years and THAT we are pissed about. :)

Back