Beijing 2008

I think the judging in most of the fighting disciplines was pretty bad this year.
There was poor calls in the boxing and the Tae Kwon Do too

Actually last night in the women's all round rhythmic gymnastics there was a lot of contesting and carrying on in regards to some of the routines. The world champion from Ukraine was given a terrible score for an amazing performance with the clubs and she was trying not to cry when she saw the results come up on the board.
They re-watched and re-judged the performance and moved her back into medal contention.

Just a shame that it was happening so much at an Olympic level.

Last edited:
no I like that they are only 16 days every 4 years, makes it special :)

I wish the Olympic Spirit would last forever though :flowers:

Congratulations to the athletes and to China :flowers:

Bring on the Paralympics now!!! :wild:

Last edited:
From my last statistics overview, Russia's team went up to #3, but the rest of conclusions are still effective. Congratulations to every team!

So the 4 years of waiting begins today again :D

I can wait to London :wild: It seems so far away now, I'll be 21 when they start then :bugeyed

But the closing ceremony was beautiful. It was melancholic moment when they showed the best parts of every day :cry:
And I have to admit I was expecting a bit more of the extinguishing of the Olympic fire.. :mello:
Otherwise it was good. I liked watching the athletes come to the stage once again, they were like school boys and girls who are excited to be on TV :D

The ceremony was fantastic, completely mind-blowing! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Congratulations, China!!!! :wild: :flowers: :heart:

hey olympic fans, just so you know when they showed the crowd scenes from London at Buckingham Palace, I was there!! That was where the free concert took place that I had spare tickets for and no one was interested in!! It was an amazing day, 40,000 people outside Buckingham Palace, with performances by IL DEVO, Katherine Jenkins, Will Young, the cast of the West End show WE WILL ROCK YOU and many others. Michael Phelps was also there and as me and my friend had a brillant spot at the front barrier we were able to shake his hand as he walked past on the way to the interview area. There was also a flyover by The Red Arrows, who are the dispaly squad of the Royal Air Force.

All you Uk fans who watched it on tv, you could have been there if you had bothered to read and reply to my thread!!!

photo of the party showing the flyover by the Red Arrows

0146591350085.jpg

0146591450085.jpg

Last edited:
Aaawn! I didn't get to see the closing ceremony. :(

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to London 2012!!! :D

Last edited:
Closing ceremony is underway :eek:

who is the guy carrying the flag for hungary? he's alright looking :naughty:

His name is Zoltán Kammerer. He's a 3 time Olympic champion in kayak.

kammererzoltan2.jpg

kammererzoltan3.jpg

He's handsome and really masculine. :wub:

Last edited:
I think the judging in most of the fighting disciplines was pretty bad this year.
There was poor calls in the boxing and the Tae Kwon Do too

Not just in the fighting disciplines but in team sports also. Hungary suffered from bad referee decisions this time also. That's why we lost the bronze medal in waterpolo and handball! The referees gave advantages to the bigger countries like Australia or Korea! Not that we are narrow-minded, that's a fact... :sad: I think they had to give the bronze medal to Korea in handball because there was that incident at the end of the Norvegia vs. Korea match. Plus the referees shouldn't have given a double advantage to Australia at the end of the Australia vs. Hungary waterpolo match because one of the Hungarian girls didn't do such big mistake... (LJ, I know you won't agree with me in this...)

Not just in the fighting disciplines but in team sports also. Hungary suffered from bad referee decisions this time also. That's why we lost the bronze medal in waterpolo and handball! The referees gave advantages to the bigger countries like Australia or Korea! Not that we are narrow-minded, that's a fact... :sad: I think they had to give the bronze medal to Korea in handball because there was that incident at the end of the Norvegia vs. Korea match. Plus the referees shouldn't have given a double advantage to Australia at the end of the Australia vs. Hungary waterpolo match because one of the Hungarian girls didn't do such big mistake... (LJ, I know you won't agree with me in this...)
it was quite interesting at the water polo match, how the judge seemed happy when i guess Australia throw the ball in and in the very last seconds they made the standing equal 9-9.

i was so happy at the men water polo final that we were leading with 4 or 5 score at the end in the last minutes, because i thought if we will lead only with 1 score at the very end, the judges will find again some way and give the chance to make it equal etc. But now it was impossible for them :pth:

Last edited:
^^^Exactly!!! They would give advantage to the USA against the little Hungary, that's sure.

Plus there was a referee from Montenegro... OMG! When I saw him first I thought he would not help us since we beat their team in the semifinal match...

^^^Exactly!!! They would give advantage to the USA against the little Hungary, that's sure.

Plus there was a referee from Montenegro... OMG! When I saw him first I thought he would not help us since we beat their team in the semifinal match...

ah yeah! that was my thought too!
first i heard one of the referee is from Canada, i thought that is ok..but when i heard Montenegro :huh:

But our amazing water polo boys made sure with their 4 score lead that they will be the champion :happy_dance:

It was also interesting, when our couches could not take the unfair decision against Hungary anymore and immediately they started to say something the referee they got the "yellow card". That happened for example when during the Australia-Hungary woman water polo one of the girls clipped a Hungarians ears.....and the game just could continue:doh:

Last edited:
ooooh :D

thanks for that :D

Oh, sorry L.J., I made a mistake. Zoltán Kammerer was the guy who held Hungary's flag during the opening ceremony, but at the closing ceremony - which I didn't see, so I thought that the same guy would hold the flag - I've just read that Attila Vajda (who got gold medal in canoe at this Olympic Games) held our flag.

20080823pekingvaj2.jpg

^ yes! that looks more like him! I thought he had blonder hair :D

They're both alright looking... and so was the women's handball team :unsure:

*packs bags and moves to Hungary*

:wild:

Aww yes Attila is very sweet :yes:

That British man who was in the closing ceremony (helding the olympic flag etc.) seemed very easy-going for me :D

Ah, I can't wait to next Olympics!

^ yes! that looks more like him! I thought he had blonder hair :D

They're both alright looking... and so was the women's handball team :unsure:

*packs bags and moves to Hungary*

:wild:

hehe They say that Hungarian girls are one of the most beautiful ones in the whole world (except me...:lol:). A lot of boys are also very very handsome here in Hungary. :yes:

hehe They say that Hungarian girls are one of the most beautiful ones in the whole world (except me...:lol:). A lot of boys are also very very handsome here in Hungary. :yes:

They say the same thing about Brazilian girls. I wonder if they say that to everybody.
hmm.gif

Whoever 'they' is!
lol.gif

Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but I can't believe how fast people 'move on' from the Olympics! I'm still enjoying my hang over, missing it already. But it seems like everyone around me is already living their normal lives, as if nothing happened. :blink:

They say the same thing about Brazilian girls. I wonder if they say that to everybody.
hmm.gif

Whoever 'they' is!
lol.gif

Hey! They sai that about Finnish people too :bugeyed
tinker*bell said:
Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but I can't believe how fast people 'move on' from the Olympics! I'm still enjoying my hang over, missing it already. But it seems like everyone around me is already living their normal lives, as if nothing happened. :blink:
Yes, that happends to me too :( Today when I came home from school I almost checked if there are any new results for Finnish athletes :lol:

But I guess it will go away soon.. on Thursday there will be a gp in Zurich and weekend is all about Finland-Sweden match :yes:

:lol: then I think "they" are polite to everybody... :lol:

:lol:
Yeah, I guess we are all beautiful. ;)

Or maybe 'they' are just men, who likes women of any kind.
lol.gif

But if you have a lot of beautiful Hungarian boys there, i might as well go visit your country! :happy:

Last edited:
hmm.gif

Whoever 'they' is!
lol.gif

I keep hearing the same thing about romanian girls :bugeyed Seriously, whenever I tell someone where I come from, I get the "Oh, there are many beautiful girls there!" reply :bugeyed

Men are so screwed :rofl:

Back