August 15-17, 2008: Michael Spotted in Jay-Z's 40/40 club again (3rd time)

Re: 15 - 17 August This weekends news - Battle MJ on Facebook and Myspace and win awesome prizes!

But if you want to cry down Michael because he has not played the "game" as it is supposed to be played in the music industry, I take issue with that. Michael has chosen to conduct his career and image a certain way, as is his right. I, for one, am glad that he is not at every fashion show, posing on every red carpet, blogging left, right and centre and basically being famous for being famous sake.

On point. That is why I did the rating system to show the nonsense of this media and the perception. MJ doesn't care about what is "cool" about Hollywood. He is not even into that crap and that is one of the reasons why I am a fan. I like that in many ways, he is a regular dude. I think he is more regular than what the laughable media considers regular. MJ makes his music and moves on. He created an image, whether I like it or not (I think that he did not need to) so that the nosy ass media would butt out of his business. He did not want people to know his business. If I was famous, I am telling you, I would only let my loyal fans know my business and tell the media to shove it. Heck, I wouldn't waste my time doing interviews. For what? So they can hate? Please. So, I respect what MJ did. He made sure is art is the issue to discuss, not his personal life.

What’s currently in your CD player?
Janet Jackson and the best of Michael Jackson 1 & 2. They’re on heavy rotation in the car. People trip when they here Michael jamming out the car or when I’m just cruising down the street. I’ve had people start dancing at gas stations when I pull up.

Now, that is hot. People love some Michael. I do not know if people can say the same about Madonna's music.

Her brother too?

Ooooh, good one. I forgot about him. Madge might have had "good people" in her camp, but her brother was basically her right hand man and he had enough of her and wrote a book about her.

Last edited:
Re: 15 - 17 August This weekends news - Battle MJ on Facebook and Myspace and win awesome prizes!

Was watching 'E! News' and they had an interview with keri hilson talking about britney and had said she would love to write a song for lauryn hill and MJ.

Last edited:

Was watching 'E! News' and they had an interview with keri hilson talking about britney and had said she would love to write a song for lauryn hill and MJ.

Thanks for posting that. Keri Hilson wrote a lot of songs for a lot of artists. I would like MJ to work with her. She is talented and making that money.

Last edited:

well its true, Madonna has protected herself, surrounded herself with good people, while michael has made big mistakes. She deserves to be where she is.

Since 93 mikes career has taken a nose dive, and sometimes he only has himself to blame.

its your opinion ...to me MJ did two other excellent albums after 1993 : History and Invicible .

thanks for the news & mentionnings

Saturday's mentionings

100 albums you need to own

There are few popular music genres whose precise mood can be substantially captured within the grooves of a single album. Nirvana's Nevermind pulls the full weight of grungy angst, and Michael Jackson's Thriller said everything that ever needed to be said about dance pop. But perhaps no album ever served its genre so fully as the 1977 soundtrack to the film Saturday Night Fever served the short-lived phenomenon of disco.
For approximately a decade before its release, music had begun to take a more central role in film rather than just serving as soundtrack fodder (witness 1967's The Graduate, 1969's Easy Rider, and 1973's American Graffiti, to name a few). As rock musicals, rockumentaries, concert films, and musical biopics flooded the market in the early 1970s, an article in New York magazine on the Brooklyn disco craze prompted Bee Gees manager Robert Stigwood to produce a film that largely featured his band's music on the soundtrack. (Stigwood would later produce the smash film adaptation of Grease, and the less smashing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.)

Featuring unforgettable songs that would endure for decades as John Travolta's personal traveling music-- Stayin' Alive, More Than A Woman, If I Can't Have You, Jive Talkin' -- the soundtrack won a Grammy for Album of the Year and strode atop the charts for an amazing 24 weeks, giving every listener who fell under its spell a lifetime affliction of boogie shoes.
By Chris Smith, Vancouver author of 100 Albums That Changed Popular Music.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=12fb7ff5-243e-4d95-b920-6a5d4ae24c7b

A'thrilling' event planned in October

BENNINGTON — A local group hopes a new event added to the lineup for the annual Pumpkin Challenge weekend will provide a thrill for area residents.

Dancing to 'Thriller'
For the past several years, a group known as Thrill the World has hosted a global event, inviting volunteers from around the world to dance to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" at the same time. This year, Bennington will play host to one of many dancing sites around the world as the group tries to break the record listed in the Guinness Book of World Records on Oct. 25.
Lin Bootle, who is organizing the Better Bennington Corp. event, said she stumbled across the Thrill the World Web site after Googling "Thriller," and was "totally intrigued." She grew even more excited when she noticed it would be held right around the time of the BBC's annual downtown pumpkin event. "I looked at it and the time they set around the world was 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time," Bootle said.

So she got work, securing the parking lot of the Bennington Fire House as the dancing venue, and booking dancing lessons through the Recreation Center, where those interested can learn the "Thriller" moves.
WBTN radio personality Rich Ryder will serve as the MC, Bootle said. The rain site will be at the Southern Vermont College gymnasium. High school dance instructor Judy Estes and several BBC members have also learned the dance and will be helping to teach the moves.

"I've got a group of great teachers to teach the dance," Bootle said.
She said anyone in the community is invited to the free dance classes to learn the choreographed dance. Classes will be part of the Recreation Center program and a schedule will be available shortly. A training video will also be shown on CAT-TV in September, and the same video may be viewed on the Thrill the World Web site.

Many of the hosting sites around the world use the event as a fund-raiser, Bootle said, but the Bennington event will not. The event is free and open to anyone who registers, she said.
"You're so often asked for money one way or another, I thought it would just be cool to do something for fun," she said.
Bootle said she does not know what to expect in terms of turnout, but plans to enjoy the even in any case. "I have no idea," she said. "If two people show up, fine. We'll have a good time."
So far the reaction has been split, she said.
"When I tell people they either roll their eyes in horror ... or say, 'wow, that's great,'" Bootle said.
For more information visit the Thrill Bennington Web site at www.betterbennington.com/Default.aspx?pageId=157531 or the Thrill the World Web site at www.thrilltheworld.com. In 2007, more than 60 cities in 15 countries around the world participated in the event, according to a report on the Toronto dance session.

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_10221931

Weekend planner: Things to do today and Sunday

• Who’s Bad, Michael Jackson tribute, Saturday, The Orange Peel, 101 Biltmore Ave.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880814105

TV dance champion has local ties

Fort Worth man with Harrison County ties has been named America's favorite dancer for 2008.
Joshua Allen, 19, the great-nephew of Jake Hayward of Karnack and the grandson of former Karnack and Marshall natives, Margie Hayward Allen and Lorenza Allen, has whirled his way to the top in television competition.

Forth Worth is set to honor him for his achievement with a welcome-home parade Aug. 23.

"Joshua played Little League Football for Forest Hill Youth Association from the time he was four years old," Ms. Crawford said. "He was the fastest running back for his age group.
"The head coach noticed that Joshua always danced off the field after he ran a touchdown, so he and his wife decided to have Joshua perform at half time," Ms. Crawford said.

"This made Joshua dance with joy because he loved the applause and the attention," she added.

So, after playing an excellent first half in that particular football game, "Joshua ran off the field to change into a Michael Jackson costume his aunt had made for him," Ms. Crawford said.

Joshua danced to Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" and so delighted members of the audience that they "filled his black hat with money," she recalled.

Full story http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/081608_web_dance.html

Today is Saturday, August 16, 2008​

[SIZE=+2]
Today in[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson History​
[/SIZE]
1995 - Michael Jackson's "History: Past, Present & Future Book 1" was certified Gold and 5 times Platinum.

2004 - Michael Jackson, and five of his siblings, attended the first day of a hearing in which Jackson's attorney questioned Santa Barbara County District Attorney Tom Sneddon. The questions related to a November 2003 search warrant of the office of a private investigator that had been hired by Jackson's former attorney.

Last edited:

Wait...fortune estimated in billions?

its your opinion ...to me MJ did two other excellent albums after 1993 : History and Invicible .

I absolutely agree! :D

Well i think he did THREE :

History,
Blood On The Dancefloor AND Invincible...

Well done baby!

thanks for the new articles

that article is rubbish besides some of the ranking is not fair cuz MJ is almost not ahead in bad things ofcourse!! and the author is dying for an album from MJ!!
Completely clear!!

Just touching on points that Bee made in her post. I was watching a news piece about Madonna at 50 today on the television. (Note: This is just about media reporting and not a diss on her) But I noticed where they were talking about her career/life, and they talked about her adoption of David Banda. They stated that Madonna overcame criticism and negativity surrounding the adoption. It was a positive piece. My sister and I had a discussion on it, and we were just saying that if that had been Michael or someone else, they wouldn't have said that they overcame it, they would have just left it at the negative. Basically how the media can report same kind of story with a different artist/celebrity and change the tone depending on the rating/cool factor, image, etc.

It will be interesting to see if they have any news piece on Michael Friday week and how they report on him being 50. As always it will be predictable as usual but never know might be pleasantly surprised. LOL!

even someone elses birthday is an excuse to take potshots at MJ. whats the betting it will be a good ole slag fest come the 29th or they will ignore it all together. that will probably be the better option anyway. nothing good to saythen dont say anything at all.

I do not normally obsess on a topic like this. I usually just suck my teeth and move on. But this is really sticking in my craw!!

In thinking about it the only way that Madonna comes out ahead of Michael is in (1) portrayal in the media and subsequently (2) the public's perception.

And those to fans who have been disappointed/angry with Michael for not playing the game, "reinventing" himself, releasing an album every couple of years and constantly touring - work through it, or let it go.

Sure Michael is not blameless in SOME things that have happened in his PERSONAL life (none of us are) but the WORK that he has created (and its QUALITY) speak to him being an ARTIST and not some mere POP STAR.

You can be disappointed with the music. Taste in music is subjective. So I can respect an opinion that says his music is not what it used to be IN THEIR OPINION. Personally, I have enjoyed every album for varying reasons and varying degrees.

But if you want to cry down Michael because he has not played the "game" as it is supposed to be played in the music industry, I take issue with that. Michael has chosen to conduct his career and image a certain way, as is his right. I, for one, am glad that he is not at every fashion show, posing on every red carpet, blogging left, right and centre and basically being famous for being famous sake.

If some fans are still looking for that from Michael, they will continue to be disappointed and angry.

I think I am done. But I am not sure. I might be back to vent some more.

well, that article is from a british paper and Madonna lives in London... I think that writer was just taking sides .. with a very closed mind.. who knows..

the article could have been written from one of Madonna's people...

ontop of it being a murdoch paper. the times have never said a kind word about MJ. prob the same reporter that did a lible feast article on mj back after LWMJ. we shouldnt even be giving these fools a platform. why even bother posting. ignore as if it doesnt even excist

Wait...fortune estimated in billions?

Oh yes, the media always uses the lowest and most dated figures when estimating his wealth. They use numbers from 2003 and 2005 which was before the Sony/ATV acquired Famous Music and several other key catalogues. In reality that catalogue is worth up to 5 billion dollars! I guarentee that if Sony ever bought Michael out...they would give him anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 billion dollars. This is one of the largest music publishing catalogues in the world. On top of that theres MIJAC music, Neverland, thousands of legendary awards, trophies, signed merchandise, famous art pieces, memorabilia, plus all the other expensive things Michael has bought over the years... A billion dollars is not out of the question!

Even after his debts of approximately 400 million, he would still have a value over 1 billion guaranteed. You will never hear the media say that though its the truth.

yeah the ATV cat even at lower estimates is worth a couple of billion. then mijac cat is worth around 100 mill

This much I know: Deepak Chopra

Guru, 61, Dublin

deepak460x276.jpg

Deepak Chopra tells the Observer what he knows.

In my life nothing goes wrong. When things seem to not meet my expectations, I let go of how I think things should be. It's a matter of not having any attachment to any fixed outcome.

Happiness is a function of fulfilment. When people are able to express their creativity, when they have meaning and purpose in life, when they have meaningful relationships and are able to make other people happy, in general they are happy then.

If you win the lottery you'll be very happy, but in a year you'll be as happy or unhappy as you were before.

Why am I so popular? Indian accent.

Some people are attracted to my celebrity connections, but it is off-putting for others. I have never consciously given attention to celebrities. But if they show up I don't refuse them.

Demi Moore and Michael Jackson are good friends. I keep in touch with Michael still, I speak to him once a week. He's a very close friend, a very sweet man.

It's immoral to suppress a natural desire, whatever it is, because why would God give it to you otherwise? If God gives you a pleasurable experience, and then says it's wrong, then he or she or whoever it is, is a totally dysfunctional person.

Taking LSD was fantastic. If I had not had that experience, I would not be where I am today.

I arrived in the US from India aged 22 with $8. I'm 61 now, and obviously I've achieved a lot. But people overestimate my so-called wealth. I've never accumulated it in the traditional sense. But I consider myself extremely wealthy because it is a state of consciousness; the confidence that you can create abundance whenever you need to. You don't need to grasp. If you have billions of dollars but you're always thinking about money then you're not a wealthy man.

In America, one never apologises for being successful.
I maintain an inner serenity always. I never get involved with what my body and mind are doing. That's just my body and mind doing what it needs to do, I am just a witness to that.

I don't believe in love at first sight. Infatuation at first sight is another matter. Those that we are attracted by, those that we are repelled by, are both mirrors of ourselves. And the secret of a long-term relationship? Allowing your partner to be who they are.

We would be doomed to eternal senility in the absence of death. What's real? Anything that dies. A plastic flower is not real because it does not die.

I have experienced levitation. It's totally effortless; you're surprised. But after a while the surprise wears off and then it is not so interesting any more.

Paradigms change one funeral at a time.
I wake up to meditate every half-hour during the night. I started doing it 10 years ago and found that I was more rested in the morning. I get up early, about five o'clock. I meditate for about an hour and a half and then go to the gym. The rest of the day I do what I am told to do.

The way people - including me - take themselves too seriously makes me laugh.

This is a prayer I taught to my children: 'God, make today more uncertain than yesterday.' Then life is an adventure.

I am like a person who is singing in the bathroom and I am enjoying myself, and some people are hearing the song and they like it.

· Why is God Laughing? by Deepak Chopra (Rider Books) £12.99

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/aug/17/healthandwellbeing.familyandrelationships

Last edited:

Demi Moore and Michael Jackson are good friends. I keep in touch with Michael still, I speak to him once a week. He's a very close friend, a very sweet man.

That's cool to know that they talk once a week. Nice words from Deepak on Michael there.

thanks for the news

excellent...glad to hear Deepak is still very much apart of Michael's life. spirituality can be uplifting.

who is deepak chopra?

thanks for news :D that competition looks fun :)

who is deepak chopra?
... and one name that will be familiar to most desis, lifestyle guru of movie stars and celebrities -- Deepak Chopra.

Chopra has been a spiritual advisor to Jackson for several years. The king of pop is reportedly a vegetarian and a follower of the Ayurvedic tradition of food and medicine. Jackson thanked Chopra in his 1992 book of poems -- Dancing the Dream .

http://imsports.rediff.com/movies/2005/feb/18mj.htm

Sunday's Mentionings

Training camp log: Day 25

What happened:The Browns lent a party atmosphere to the final public practice, blasting music over the loudspeakers for the players and fans. "It was fun," said quarterback Derek Anderson. "Sometimes camp can be a little bit of a drag, so it picked things up."

Some of the players watching drills tried some Michael Jackson-like moves during his hit "Thriller." One was fullback Charles Ali, who admitted he wasn't even born when the song came out. The final tally of fans at camp was about 60,000 -- up from the 42,000 that turned out last year, a camp dampened by six rainouts. This year, there was only one.
"We say 'thank you' to the fans who have come out and supported us for this training camp," said head coach Romeo Crennel. "It's been a really good turn out. The weather has been good for them and they've really enjoyed it."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/08/training_camp_log_day_25.html

Jesse McCartney to play Nokia Theatre Times Square

After all, the Manhattan native was best known as a teen actor, from "All My Children" and "Summerland," and as a tween-pop star with his sweet and innocent hit "Beautiful Soul." No one expected him to prove himself as a songwriter, co-writing one of the year's biggest hits, or as an R&B-oriented singer with another major hit of his own. Well, no one except McCartney himself.

"Departure," he says, simply reflected a lot of changes in both his personal and musical life. "I don't think I was prepared to do something like this until now," says McCartney, who turned 21 in April. "The content is a little more mature. I've grown up and my fans have grown up with me over the years. My first two records were written on nothing but a guitar, while this was written on a keyboard. I wanted it to reflect the records I listened to growing up, those '80s records like Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' or Madonna's 'Like a Virgin.' It was a stretch."

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-jess...-theatre-times-square-/2008/08/17/3605181.htm

Pop it, drop it, and view art

The overriding message from Saturday's Black Arts Festival in Mill Race Park was clear: Move something.

Whether it was the Little Carmencitas shimmying to reggae, the fraternal duo Brotherly Love popping to slow-jams, or the brave participants sweating through step aerobics and calisthenics, it was difficult for passers-by to stand still.
The mix of exercise and fun was no coincidence. The Urban League of Battle Creek's Young Professionals, who sponsored the third annual festival, made it their goal to shine a spotlight on congestive heart disorders. "We wanted to highlight (heart disease), to bring it to the forefront and really make it the focus," Damon Stallworth, president of the Young Professionals, said.

The Sheltons, performing a cross between a mime act and a dance act, count Michael Jackson, James Brown and Chris Brown as their sources of inspiration.
"We're just tryin' to do something positive for the community and let everybody know that there is an opportunity out there instead of gettin' in trouble all the time," James Shelton Jr., 25, said. "What we do is out of love and out of our hearts."

Full story http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/NEWS01/808170309/1002/NEWS01

Femi; Multi-Cultural Talent

Emiola’s Five Favorite Entertainers: “I’m all over the place with music so it’s hard to pick my five favorite! I used to be really into 80s R&B for a long while – so I was loving New Edition, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Babyface – all that. Then I got into British pop for a bit. But right now, I’m back in love with Stanley Clarke’s stuff, and an old song of his, ‘East River Drive’ is in permanent rotation on my iPod. Sexy jazz is simply fabulous. Sade is another favorite, and every song she’s done – I’m down with. But then I go full tilt in the other direction, and I enjoy a little hard rock, so I’ve got to rank Tool up there next to mellow Sade – their song from the 10,000 days album Right in Two’ speaks volumes about the human race and war and our collective lack of true regard for the gift of life – with an awesome beat. I picked a Seal song for my first dance with my husband at our wedding – I love his voice and his lyrics. We danced to ‘Love’s Divine,’ which was terrifically difficult to choreograph, but we managed it.”

Full story http://blackstarnews.com/?c=127&a=4770

Eligible for AARP, and still rocking

BY EDNA GUNDERSEN • USA TODAY • August 17, 2008

Over the past 25 years, they have received Grammys, platinum records, critical accolades and fat royalty checks. This summer, they got invitations to join AARP

Prince turned 50 on June 7, Madonna's birthday was Saturday and Michael Jackson follows suit Aug. 29.
Madge is still causing a commotion. His Purple Highness kept the funk-soul party going after 1999. And nobody's sure the dormant Gloved One wants to be starting something.
All three exploded in the early '80s as ambitious trailblazers who sang, danced, wrote songs and transformed the music video from a promotional spot into a creative and provocative art form. Their careers, though beset by controversy and setbacks, proved lucrative and durable as they reached beyond music into film, fashion and publishing, deploying a canny sense for marketing, self-promotion and branding.

They were cultural thunderbolts. The harmonic convergence of Jackson, Madonna and Prince made a profound impression. MTV celebrated its ratings trifecta, moral watchdogs recoiled at the unholy trinity, media gawked at the three-ring circus and pop fans reveled in a rare triple whammy of tantalizing talent.

Their songs remain potent supplements in the musical diet.
"A reality of pop culture now is the disposability of talent," says Janice Min, Us Weekly editor in chief. "That they have permeated several generations is incredible. Any 20-year-old in a car is going to sing along with "1999," "Let's Go Crazy," "Beat It" or "Borderline." These songs are at gyms, parties, weddings. And it's not the "Macarena."

"All three are such larger-than-life figures that they've become otherworldly," she says. "It's not like Pete Wentz or Gym Class Heroes. They're still enigmatic and inaccessible and on pedestals, which is the essence of iconic status. Madonna, her whole life, has been called the flavor of the month. It's been a really long month."
Variations in star power, sales patterns and stylistic ploys don't change the fact that "all three defined the '80s and a good part of the '90s," says Joe Levy, editor in chief of Blender. "Their greatest work revolved around crossing boundaries and uniting audiences. They made music for white and black, gay and straight, male and female, and blurred the lines in their personal identities."
And don't misconstrue their fashion-forward, video-geared pop confections as transitory diversions.

Madonna and Jackson in particular "had titanic impact roughly equivalent to that of the Beatles and Bob Dylan," Levy says. "They set the model for what people afterward aspired to do culturally, musically and even artistically. Young performers today work in their shadow."
Though the three shared similar ambitions and success, one notable orbit wobbled off course.
"No pop star has a more rabid fan base than Jackson, but he has so many strikes against him, scandalwise," says Doug Brod, editor of Spin. "So many people distrust him, don't like him and don't want to hear his music. He made the biggest cultural impact with 'Thriller' and 'Bad,' but the wacky behavior and allegations overtook him. He lost focus."
And yet Jackson may stand tallest in history "because, much like Elvis, he went the craziest, and that's a story that gets remembered," Levy says. "We don't know how much the ghost of Elvis would haunt us if his end had not been so ugly and spectacular.
"The ghost of Michael haunts us while he still walks among us."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/ENT04/808170313

So the last comment he went over the edge, but overall, not a bad article. The wacky comment is not what we like to read in the same sentence as Michael Jackson, but moving on, I love his wicked ways.

Maybe Michael will or do haunt us. I wouldn't mind his ghost coming to my room at night!!!

Today is Sunday, August 17, 2008​

[SIZE=+2]Today in[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson History​
[/SIZE]
1993 - The Los Angeles Police Department began investigating charges brought by the father of a 13-year-old boy that Jackson had allegedly abused earlier in the year.

1995 - Michael Jackson gave his first Internet chat.

2004 - Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville ruled that police did have "probable cause" that Michael Jackson had committed a crime when they searched his Neverland ranch in November 2003. (But he was wrong, yo)

Last edited:
Re: 15 - 17 August This weekends news - Battle MJ on Facebook and Myspace - Update on page 4

chopra seems to be a very wise man

Re: 15 - 17 August This weekends news - Battle MJ on Facebook and Myspace - Update on page 4

FANS START BATTLE ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES

Michael Jackson has launched a new online game which can be played on social networking sites Facebook, MySpace and Bebo, whch involves players mimicking Jackson’s dance moves.

Fans can add the game as an application on the sites, then compete to win prizes including iPod Nanos. The top prize is a pair of round-the-world plane tickets or a plasma TV and Sony Playstation 3.

The Michael Jackson applications will be available from August 22, and will allow users from the rival networks to compete against each other.

------------------------------------------------
TRIPLE DELUXE ALBUM RELEASE

As previously promised, we can now give you details of the special deluxe triple album set due to be released by SonyBMG on September 22nd.

Included on Disc 3 of the release are many unusual tracks including: ‘Can’t Get Outta The Rain’, ‘On The Line’ and ‘Someone Put Your Hand Out’. The disc also includes a number of extended remixes; ‘Another Part of Me’, ‘Bad’, ‘Smooth Criminal’, ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’, ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’, a C&C mix of ‘Black or White’ and the ‘Thriller’ Megamix.

The full tracklisting of this triple deluxe set is as follows:

DISC 1
1. BILLIE JEAN
2. BAD
3. SMOOTH CRIMINAL
4. THRILLER
5. BLACK OR WHITE
6. BEAT IT
7. WANNA BE STARTIN’ SOMETHIN’
8. DON’T STOP ‘TIL YOU GET ENOUGH
9. THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL
10. ROCK WITH YOU
11. YOU ARE NOT ALONE
12. MAN IN THE MIRROR
13. REMEMBER THE TIME
14. SCREAM
15. YOU ROCK MY WORLD
16. THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US
17. EARTH SONG

DISC 2
1. DIRTY DIANA
2. SAY SAY SAY
3. OFF THE WALL
4. HUMAN NATURE
5. I JUST CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU
6. HEAL THE WORLD
7. WILL YOU BE THERE
8. STRANGER IN MOSCOW
9. SPEECHLESS
10. SHE’S OUT OF MY LIFE
11. THE GIRL IS MINE
12. BUTTERFLIES
13. WHO IS IT
14. GHOST
15. BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR
16. WORKIN’ DAY AND NIGHT
17. HISTORY
18. GIVE IN TO ME

DISC 3
1. CAN’T GET OUTTA THE RAIN (SINGLE VERSION)
2. ON THE LINE
3. SOMEONE PUT YOUR HAND OUT
4. IS IT SCARY (SINGLE RADIO EDIT)
5. SMILE (SHORT VERSION)
6. BILLIE JEAN (ORIGINAL 12′ VERSION)
7. WANNA BE STARTIN’ SOMETHIN’ (EXTENDED 12″ MIX)
8. BAD (DANCE EXTENDED MIX INCLUDES ‘FALSE FADE’)
9. THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL (DANCE EXTENDED MIX)
10. ANOTHER PART OF ME (EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
11. SMOOTH CRIMINAL (EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
12. BLACK OR WHITE (THE CLIVILLES & COLE HOUSE/CLUB MIX)
13. THRILLER MEGAMIX (RADIO EDIT)

--------------------------------------------
NE-YO TALKS ABOUT MEETING AND WORKING WITH MICHAEL

In a recent interview, singer/songwriter Ne-Yo, talked about his first meeting with the King of Pop and about working on the King's upcoming album.

“It was very exciting. Michael Jackson is one of the reasons why I sing. When we met, he was really cool people. He was really regular people. Everyone expects Michael Jackson to be this weird guy and he's not. He had a regular suit on. There was nothing weird about him. We talked about music, where he wanted to go direction-wise, how we'd get the records to one another. It was a very calm, regular meeting."

Ne-Yo says that, with this new album, he and Michael are trying to shift the focus away from all the rumors in order to remind people why we loved Michael's music in the first place.

"We're trying to get people to ignore the rumors about his personal life and get back to the reason why we loved Michael Jackson in the first place, the entertainment value. We want to get the music right. He's still dancing, doing his thing; it should be good."

----------------------------------------
OLYMPIAN LISTENS TO MICHAEL

What are the Olympic athletes listening to?

In a recent interview, US Olympic weightlifter Natalie Woolfork indicated that she listened to Michael Jackson’s 'Don’t Stop ‘Till You Get Enough' before competing in Beijing on August 12, 2008.

Natalie Woolfork finished 11th while North Korean Pak Hyon Suk took home the gold medal in weightlifting.

On wellness's watch
Insurer care-management programs bring new level of oversight into health of at-risk patients

bilde.jpg

Vital intervention: Michael Jackson, 52, Anderson, is a Medicaid enrollee under the watch of care managers, who offer reminders to keep him on a path to the best health possible. - James Yee / The Star

A middle-aged woman receives a postcard reminding her to get a mammogram. A mother chats with a nurse about how to help her child avoid asthma attacks. An overweight smoker gets an unsolicited call from a nurse saying he's at risk for heart disease.

Welcome to the high-tech world of care management.

Frustrated with the skyrocketing cost of health care, employers and government agencies increasingly are turning to new programs designed to help their sickest or most vulnerable beneficiaries ward off dangerous -- and costly -- health complications.

The goal is early intervention -- to change the behavior of those struggling with common but dangerous health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, heart failure and coronary artery disease.

Postcards remind patients they're due for a blood test or checkup. Nurses or other medical professionals, usually affiliated with health insurers, call to help ensure patients are following recommended treatments.

It's part friendly reminder, part Big Brother.

And for Michael Jackson, who's part of the Care Select program that the state offers Medicaid recipients, it's working.

Jackson, 52, has a litany of woes: diabetes, anemia, sleep apnea, bad hips, migraines, an enlarged heart. He has been on Medicaid for four years because of his disabilities.

But in recent months, he has spoken at least twice a week with a care manager. The regular phone calls have helped him keep his blood sugar in check and take about 40 pounds off of his 360-pound frame. His care manager also persuaded him to have bariatric surgery later this month and has helped smooth the way.

"Everything that I needed, they were there," the Anderson resident said.

Such programs are expensive to operate -- although with private insurance, they often are built into the premiums -- but they hold the promise of eventual savings by keeping people healthier for longer. However, as with much in health care, it's difficult to determine the financial or health payoff of such interventions.

Indianapolis-based health-benefits giant WellPoint said its ConditionCare program has been shown to produce health-cost savings of $2.80 for every $1 invested.

Old National Bancorp, an Evansville- based bank that provides health insurance to more than 3,000 workers and dependents, has seen a decrease in major claims since it started using a care-management program offered through WellPoint's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

"We're trying to create a culture of wellness at Old National Bank," said Cy Morris, senior vice president of Total Rewards and Performance Management at Old National.

The state of Indiana is investing about $27 million a year in its care-management programs, run by MDwise and Advantage. The state's Care Select program targets about 70,000 Medicaid recipients who tend to have multiple physical and mental illnesses requiring extensive and expensive care.

When Mitch Roob took over the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration about 31/2 years ago, spending on Medicaid was growing at about 10 percent a year, much of it because of this unhealthy population.

Care management offered an appealing way to intervene -- and perhaps make a critical difference.

But Roob said he is not expecting rapid returns on the program, which began last November. It could take years to realize a benefit.

"The individuals that we're talking about are going to be on our insurance product until they either go onto Medicare or pass away, so increasing the quality of their lives if we make an investment today will have a payback for us down the line," Roob said. "Of all the changes that we've made at FSSA since the governor was elected, in the long run this will be the most important."

ConditionCare, a care-management program used by Old National and other large WellPoint customers, employs nurse-care managers and others to coordinate care for members with specific risks or chronic conditions.

"We are trying to predict when people will become ill," said Dijuana Lewis, chief executive of WellPoint's Comprehensive Health Solutions Business Unit. "We are trying to reach out to them when they are well."

At-risk patients may be flagged to receive calls based on information they provide in health-risk assessments or from their prescription-drug orders and medical claims.

With Old National's program, Morris said, an employee deemed to be at risk of a heart attack would receive a letter or call with recommendations for behavioral changes. He added that employees don't have to take part: "You always have the option to decline it."

But Old National plans to expand its use of ConditionCare next year to include cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and chronic kidney disease. Now the program focuses on diabetes, asthma and pulmonary and heart-related diseases.

Care-management programs may be winning fans among doctors and their staffs, who have been shouldering all of the burden.

Dr. Cheryle Southern, who sees a large Medicaid population in her Near- Northside private practice, often has to handle her patients' nonmedical problems, such as transportation. Turning these problems over to care-management staff gives her the opportunity to concentrate on patients' medical needs.

"If nothing else, it should provide better physician satisfaction in that you don't have as much that you have to do," Southern said.

Whether care-management programs actually save money or improve outcomes, however, is open to debate.

A study last year in the American Journal of Managed Care found spending on such programs is increasing, from $1.2 billion in 2005 to a projected $1.8 billion in 2008. The study also found that while care-management programs seemed to improve the quality of care, their effect on the cost was uncertain.

Researchers at the Regenstrief Institute and Purdue and Indiana universities recently published a study looking at whether care management had an impact on 857 people on Medicaid with congestive heart failure or diabetes.

The study found that the intensified care lowered costs for all patients with congestive heart failure. However, the interventions had a minimal effect on the cost of claims from low- or high-risk patients with diabetes; instead the amount of claims paid actually increased.

Even so, the study's authors were reluctant to dismiss the potential of such health programs.

"There's something about going directly to patients with education and motivational services that may have had an effect on patients' behavior and activities," said Regenstrief president Dr. Thomas Inui, one of the study's authors.

FSSA officials are banking on the fact that the Care Select program will change people's health-related behaviors for the better. But they also recognize that there's only so much they can do.

"At the end of the day, we will do everything we can to provide tools and education for individuals, but it's upon those individuals to take control and responsibility to manage their own health-care conditions," said Dr. Jeffrey Wells, director of Medicaid for FSSA.

Still, said Jackson, for the patient taking part in the Care Select program, having someone there to help can be a prime motivator to improve one's health. Not only does his care manager call him regularly, Jackson said, but he knows he can give her a call if he's struggling with something or has a question.

"They've got so much caring, I can't point out one thing," he said. "When somebody cares about your health as much as you care about your health, it makes a difference."

here is website: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/BUSINESS/808170339

Back