Attendees @ MJs Funeral [ALL THREADS MERGED] - Keep all related Here

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Lisa Marie must have been in disguise or something - it's weird - I would have thought the media would have wanted a photo of her the most. I hope Lisa Marie is OK. Praying for her,

Miko Brando's blog on LKL preceding last night's funeral:

LKL WEB EXCLUSIVE: Miko Brando on Michael’s Funeral
Posted: 04:39 PM ET

Tonight my friend is laid to rest. For a lot of people this will bring closure, but not me. This is just another step. Michael is still a huge part of my life and I think of him every day. I don’t believe closure will come for me until the day I pass away.

To be honest, I’m not moving on and I don’t think I’m really progressing from Michael’s loss. I’m trying to take it one day at a time, but the thought of his death still leaves me numb.

Staying busy has been very helpful for me, but in a way it’s also keeping his death fresh in my mind. I’ve been working with the executors of his estate to preserve Michael’s assets for his children. This has been draining both emotionally and physically, but it’s also something I’m happy to do.

Keeping busy has also meant I haven’t been following the daily media drumbeat that’s followed Michael’s death. I don’t really watch the news or read the papers, but I know a lot has happened in the last few weeks. Reports have come out, rumors abound, and prosecutors are busy. I’m content to let the courts do their work, the lawyers do theirs, and let that side of things take care of itself, because none of it will bring back my friend.

Tonight will be very emotional for everybody, including me. In a way I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends, and Michael’s family. Forest Lawn is a beautiful place, and I think a good resting place for Michael. I’m glad the family chose it. It’s a place where I can go see him, and be with him. It will be a special place.

Miko :better:

I know that Miko and Dave Dave attended the funeral also. I saw Karen Faye there aswell.

One person I'm upset with is Deepak Chropa. The night Michael died, he was on Larry King, and he looked like he didn't give a crap that his friend of 30 years was dead. Miko was sitting right next to him, it it looked like he couldn't believe the crap that was coming out of Deepak's mouth. And then, instead of going to Michael's funeral, he decided he wanted his face on Larry King instead. He just doesn't sound like a true friend. I'm sad that Michael had to deal with people like that. He didn't even care.

Sorry about the rant guys, but I'm disappointed in Deepak. It's all about the 15 minutes of fame for him.

are u sure about that? i remember her being in the video and mentioning it before

Lisa Raye wasn't in any of MJ's videos.. She does kinda resemble Janet's old dancer name Josie.. she can be seen in "That's the Way Love Goes" and she was in Mike's video RTT... her trademark was the braids.. will post a pic as soon as i find it

Lisa Marie must have been in disguise or something - it's weird - I would have thought the media would have wanted a photo of her the most. I hope Lisa Marie is OK. Praying for her,

There is a picture of her getting out of a limo. It's in the funeral pictures thread.

There is a picture of her getting out of a limo. It's in the funeral pictures thread.

but the background of that photo is NOT Forest Lawn, plus her daughter is dressed casually (in the full shot version of that picture) I saw on ITN I think?

but the background of that photo is NOT Forest Lawn, plus her daughter is dressed casually (in the full shot version of that picture) I saw on ITN I think?

To me it looks like the picture could have been taken at their arrival at the repast. This is the article that accompanied the pic:

Lisa and Riley arriving at funeral.

Here is the first photo of Lisa Marie at Michael Jackson's funeral. It was reported that Lisa Marie was not photo- graphed or filmed at the service. But a reliable source sent this to us late today. It was first reported that Lisa arrived at the funeral with her current husband, Michael Lockwood. But from the image shown, she was accompanied by her eldest daughter, Danielle Riley Keough. The women reportedly sat in the back and Lisa Marie became very emotional as Michael Jackson's casket arrived at Forest Lawn. Lisa also was seen giving Michael's Mother Katherine ( who was extremely distraught) an embracing and comforting hug.

Source: Elvis Unlimited

http://www.elvisunlimited.com/news.asp?page_id=79&news_id=1618

To me it looks like the picture could have been taken at their arrival at the repast. This is the article that accompanied the pic:

Lisa and Riley arriving at funeral.

Here is the first photo of Lisa Marie at Michael Jackson's funeral. It was reported that Lisa Marie was not photo- graphed or filmed at the service. But a reliable source sent this to us late today. It was first reported that Lisa arrived at the funeral with her current husband, Michael Lockwood. But from the image shown, she was accompanied by her eldest daughter, Danielle Riley Keough. The women reportedly sat in the back and Lisa Marie became very emotional as Michael Jackson's casket arrived at Forest Lawn. Lisa also was seen giving Michael's Mother Katherine ( who was extremely distraught) an embracing and comforting hug.

Source: Elvis Unlimited

http://www.elvisunlimited.com/news.asp?page_id=79&news_id=1618

Yeah, that was a photo from the funeral (or dinner afterwards), but in the minutes when everyone is showing up, there is a part where all the grandkids (not MJ's but all the nephews) and the shot is from the back where you can see Mac and Mila, I think it's maybe one of two chairs over you can see the back of LMP and Riley's heads.

They said on CNN that Lisa stayed inside with Miko Brando until the live feed went off. She didn't want to be on camera. And after hearing how upset she was the entire time I can see why.

And like someone said there is a photo of her and Riley getting out of the limo.

To be honest, I’m not moving on and I don’t think I’m really progressing from Michael’s loss. I’m trying to take it one day at a time, but the thought of his death still leaves me numb.

This is exactly how I feel :(

Thanks for posting, it was a beautiful message from Miko.

Kenny Ortega looked quite tearful. He sat next to Randy Phillips.

May I ask why everyone is taken aback by Randy Phillips being there? I thought himself and Michael were friends since the eighties.

I believe they worked on the LA Gear promotion then. BTW, whatever happened to LA Gear?

They said on CNN that Lisa stayed inside with Miko Brando until the live feed went off. She didn't want to be on camera. And after hearing how upset she was the entire time I can see why.

And like someone said there is a photo of her and Riley getting out of the limo.

Miko was already seated when the kids, Joe, Katherine, and LaToya arrived. He was seated on the left side of the aisle. He was video taped as the kids walked down the aisle to take their seats. Lisa and Riley took their seats when the sun was still up.

Miko :better:

I know that Miko and Dave Dave attended the funeral also. I saw Karen Faye there aswell.

One person I'm upset with is Deepak Chropa. The night Michael died, he was on Larry King, and he looked like he didn't give a crap that his friend of 30 years was dead. Miko was sitting right next to him, it it looked like he couldn't believe the crap that was coming out of Deepak's mouth. And then, instead of going to Michael's funeral, he decided he wanted his face on Larry King instead. He just doesn't sound like a true friend. I'm sad that Michael had to deal with people like that. He didn't even care.

Sorry about the rant guys, but I'm disappointed in Deepak. It's all about the 15 minutes of fame for him.

Deepak wasn't at Michael's funeral because he wasn't invited...

something tells me Michael cut Deepak and his family out of his life quite a while ago...

they have no recent or detailed memories of Michael...do you notice that?

something tells me Michael cut Deepak and his family out of his life quite a while ago...

Didn't Michael send that instrumental of a new song to Deepak a few weeks before he passed? Deepak said it was going to be an environmental song. It was beautiful music.

IDK what Michael's recent relationship with Deepak, but I don't like anything that Deepak's been saying about Michael since he died. Deepak seemed to be EVERYWHERE talking about Michael. Now that's not right to me.

does anyone know if that chick Glenda from the phone conversations went? or the girl he mentioned that he liked named Melissa in the conversation. Oh, and i'm pretty sure Mark lester didn't go, but just incase, did anyone see him? and sorry if any of this has been asked before, but there are 10 pages and i wasnt going to look through all of them lol

That is incorrect! Gotham stated that MJ called him 3 weeks before he died about the whole Korean reporters things.It was on CNN. I don't think the family knew who to invite to the funeral unless they knew of their relationship with Michael publicly.
The people Michael appeared to be close to at the end of his life were not there. Others who probably didn't speak to Michael in years were there.
Lisa Raye? Barry Bonds? Tatiana (no they never dated)?Leonard Rowe (hell no!)?

That is incorrect! Gotham stated that MJ called him 3 weeks before he died about the whole Korean reporters things.It was on CNN. I don't think the family knew who to invite to the funeral unless they knew of their relationship with Michael publicly.
The people Michael appeared to be close to at the end of his life were not there. Others who probably didn't speak to Michael in years were there.

ok so your saying just coz gotham said it we should believe it ? should we believe Uri or mark then too?
ok maybe he is saying the truth but the family didn't invite them coz of all the sh!t they were saying on TV not long after his death if they were really his "friends" they wouldn't do that to him
and even tho the family did invite some ppl that were not that close to him in the last years
they also did invite close friends like Liz,mac, Chris,Miko and others

Ok, I just want to say that AEG gang should NOT have been there. Poor Michael. Such a slap in the face. Diana and Cascios were not there? Grace? I'm glad Grace was not there though.

Re: Odd Attendies @ MJs Funeral

I thought Tatiana attending was a bit odd. I mean she was just a girl in a video, a long time ago. They could have invited Ola Ray or Sheryl Crow or Siedah Garret too then. Why Tatiana? Maybe Michael liked her more than we thought after all?

I'm sure this has been answered already but she wasn't in contact with Mike. She was a guest of Joe's. I'm guessing she got in contact with Joe after Michael's passing.

Not trying to be rude and I know you said we don't know all the facts, but how do you know this?

Interesting. I didn't know that. Somebody was saying on one of the threads (the TMZ one I think) that Corey said that he and MJ had reconciled (sp?) in his blog.

That was me I think. I went back and reread his blog. They did not reconcile, but it seemed that they simply had a falling out and stopped speaking. It happens.

I was most surprised and shocked that Diana Ross was not at it or the memorial service. Especially since MJ's was leaving his kids to her if Katherine was unable to.

Karen said on FB that Diana was indeed there, just not photographed.

I saw a report this morning saying she was there, she showed up with the family and was able to keep a low profile like Lisa. They were talking about how they found it surprising that Diana showed up with the family but not Elizabeth Taylor.

I wouldn't find that surprising. Diana's got a way longer history with Mike during his early years that Liz does, and that includes knowing Mike's family... not that Liz didn't, but you know what i mean...

Yes, she was the pretty braided dancer that they kept doing close ups.

NO that wasn't her.. The dancer with the braids is named Josie IIRC. She was in ALOT of videos in the early 90s. I believe she was also a dancer on In Living Color, for those who remember that show. To my knowledge Lisa Raye was NOT in the RTT video.. I honestly have NO idea why she was at the funeral, I know nothing of her and Mike speaking or being friends.

I was surprised Diana Ross didn't turn up. It's so odd that Michael mentioned her in his will and yet she didn't turn up... she must be quite distraught. It would have been nice to have seen her there though.

Lisa Raye wasn't in any of MJ's videos.. She does kinda resemble Janet's old dancer name Josie.. she can be seen in "That's the Way Love Goes" and she was in Mike's video RTT... her trademark was the braids.. will post a pic as soon as i find it

THANK YOU STAN!!! I didnt even see this before I posted what I posted! I should have known you'd know who Josie is/was.... :lol:

Back