American Idol Top 13: Michael Jackson Week!

"Black or White" & Human Nature were pretty darn good (o;

I hope everyone votes a bunch of times tonight to show interest :)

You cant expect the songs to sound like Michael or the way michael would sing them.
I think its a good thing when the singers change up the arrangement a bit. You dont wanna sound exactly like the record. As long as you can sing. You know?

Well its almost over anyway. Dirty Diana. :punk: Lets see how she does.

Really liked Alexis's Dirty Diana cover - the ONLY good one.

As expected, nothing from Off the Wall or HIStory( can't they handle a little anger and adversity!?) or Invincible :no: :rolleyes:

Really liked Alexis's Dirty Diana cover - the ONLY good one.

As expected, nothing from Off the Wall or HIStory( can't they handle a little anger and adversity!?) or Invincible :no: :rolleyes:

somebody did You are not alone

how long ago was this? are there going to be videos coming out? i want to see how they did!

^^

ahhahaha us aussies lol

So Is American Idol gonna do "MJ week" Every year? cuz they did one last year....I wish they did, til they finish all the songs in EVERY Album...lol its gonna be a looonnngggg time...til then but it would be nice!!!!

They didn't do one for last year?? - I watch American Idol all the time and I don't recall this. You might be thinking of a different country.

I liked Adam and Matt tonight ... everyone else sounded Karokee....

I love Kris too but he just wasn't that good this time. He shouldn't have used the guitar.

So Is American Idol gonna do "MJ week" Every year? cuz they did one last year....I wish they did, til they finish all the songs in EVERY Album...lol its gonna be a looonnngggg time...til then but it would be nice!!!!

Did they do one last year? Really?
Hmm musta been equal torture.

There was some good performances tonight..... But Beat it, Give In to me, and Dirty Diana, and Rockin Robin were not among them.

i think we do expect to much from these people but for the most part it was good and hard to watch in some parts. I think that some of them should have picked better songs something in their range but yea all in all hard to watch but good in some parts.

Whew, I just watched and then came on here, lol

Danny is singing "PYT"

I liked it. Danny did a good job and how cool was it that he sang the PYT demo at the beginning?

Ooooooh, the demoooooo:wub: I liked his energy and how he had fun!

That's 'cause Michael's voice is just so brilliant and unique. The way he phrases things and his tone is just one of a kind. It's almost impossible for anyone to do an MJ song justice. Most of the MJ covers i've heard have been horrendous. They almost always come across as comical. Danny did a good job tho.
:yes:

I wonder what Paula would say if someone sang "Torture". :p
Muah ha ha haaaaaaaa!!!!! LOL

I just wanna send my deepest apologies to all members for having to bear witness to that atrocious rendition of RTT. :sleep: Thank you.
LOL!

Yes it was! Adam did his thing
yep, it was cool. I love the feel of human nature :yes: I hope MJ does it live cause it's amaaaazing live like at the Victory tour and the bad tour *sigh*

Matt did ok... quite honestly after some of these perfomances, it was one of the better ones...
yeah...wait, this is the one who sang BOW right??? I quoted so much stuff I can't remember....but he did good

Alexis..."Dirty Diana"...

Simon: "not as good as you thought it was" ....hmmm
I think that girl is SO cute!!! lol I love her. I didn't think this was her best performace at all, but I hope she stays :yes:

AI has never had an MJ theme before tonight, although artists frequently cover his songs. X-Factor did an MJ night last year.

Back