American Idol Top 13: Michael Jackson Week!

Adam & Allison were my favorites, but damn they were the exceptions. Most weren't that good. NO ONE can do it like Michael and tonight just proved that to me. He really is a world class singer. He makes it look so easy. He is so talented.

Hope he was watching tonite!

And when Kara said "I hope Michael Jackson is watching this." Adam grinned and mouthed "Love Him" I think...

And Ryan just went "Hey Michael...if you're watching..."

Hmmmm.... Maybe a live phonecall??

All of them going "this just in, we have the King Of Pop on the line...!"

I know!!! he loves him...I thought he was the best...amazing...I so wish Michael would make an appearance!!!!!

Adam & Allison were my favorites, but damn they were the exceptions. Most weren't that good. NO ONE can do it like Michael and tonight just proved that to me. He really is a world class singer. He makes it look so easy. He is so talented.

Hope he was watching tonite!

Ok...nobody in Idol are trying to do it better than Michael.

That is why we didn't see a lot trying to be like Michael.

And we are not here to talk about michael as a singer.

here to talk about how they sang.

lol

I agree with many of you.
No one can do MJ like MJ..and some of his songs cannot/should not be touched.
I also think that you do have to change the arrangement to stand a chance. Like David Cook did last year with Billie Jean.
Tonight, I think Danny, Adam and the girl who sang Dirty Diana at the end were not bad.

So what were the songs that the idol contestant sang?

They didn't do one for last year?? - I watch American Idol all the time and I don't recall this. You might be thinking of a different country.

I liked Adam and Matt tonight ... everyone else sounded Karokee....

I love Kris too but he just wasn't that good this time. He shouldn't have used the guitar.

My Mistake:mello:...only David Cook did "Billie Jean"...And Randy Jackson's Amarican Best Dance Crew" did The 25 Year of Thriller! sorry!! Mixed it up 4 a min there...Tnx D.:D

im surprised the guy did keep the faith. Pyt was good. The rest sucked so far

They now have the videos up on Michaeljackson.com .

They have had the forums going too (In case one site crashes-we have another). lol.

About time we have official website and stuff with updates!

I have to say that my faves were Chris #06 "Remember The Time" and Matt #12 "Human Nature". Of coarse there were other highlights of the show such as the two rock girls "Give Into Me" and "Dirty Diana". Not as much for their particular performances, but for highlighting Michael often overlooked masculine, edgy, rock side. Plus I liked the judges compliments and praises of the man himself, Michael Jackson. For instance when they told Adam "Black or White" that in order to master MJ you basically have to come over the top and feel comfotable doing it (obviously they think he did that). I also noticed when one of the judges told him through praise that they hope Michael Jackson was watching his performance and the camera's focused on Adam's lips saying "I love him (Michael Jackson)".

HEY no one talking about Lil Rounds verison of The Way You Make Me Feel.... IT TIGHT!!!

Ok...nobody in Idol are trying to do it better than Michael.

That is why we didn't see a lot trying to be like Michael.

And we are not here to talk about michael as a singer.

here to talk about how they sang.

lol

Um, excuse me? What exactly is your problem?. What I said was relevant to the discussion. This is an MJ forum afterall. I'm allowed to praise him all I want. I talked about the contestants in this thread a while back. If you read my other posts you'd know that.

You really need to calm down with the attitude already. It's unecessary.

I'm glad they did this. Good PR for MJ. And such perfect timing. MJ should get a nice sales bump from this.

My favorites were Danny, Kris, Allison, Adam and Alexis.

I think it will help out his sales. I checked youtube and some video's like "Give In To Me" and "Dirty Diana" are getting more comments and most of the users mentioned tonight's show and how no one can do MJ's songs justice. He should see a nice little boost in sales for sure.

wow you guys watched this. lol

I was too busy trying to get ready for the pre-sale.

I was like, "ah bump this show I gotsah a lot of stuff to read. lol

*off for trial runs on tina turner dates*

Wow...personally, I thought there was alot of screaming and it was overall realllllllllly bad. There were one or two people who were Okay. Adam just screamed the entire time.....there was a ton of over singing and screaching and bad notes.....*Shrugs* I'm not an AI fan though so I guess those who follow it probably have people they like and want to win.

That was a lot of fun! Glad I watched!

And the winner iiiiiiiiiiiiss

*drum roll*

Black or White!!

Dude did pretty good. He picked the right song to sing, he was animated, and he didn't dig himself a hole with it like he's a human excavator. :lol:

Gotta be careful with an MJ song. You can do yourself some real harm trying to cover his tunes. Those other contestants will be in ICU for a few days. Guess it's time to call the florist.

Get down with your bad self, Mike! LOL

. :lol:

Gotta be careful with an MJ song. You can do yourself some real harm trying to cover his tunes. Those other contestants will be in ICU for a few days. Guess it's time to call the florist.

Get down with your bad self, Mike! LOL

so true, all for mj! NOBODY really made an impact. well, at least to me. NOBODY gave justice to any mj song sung that night. those struggling babes have soooooo much more to learn *sigh*

on a brighter side, having an MJ night is very laudable. Let the younger generation and american idol viewers know that the The King of Pop is so back! eat dust,everyone!!!

http://mjjr.net/news-i395-6.html

Jackson's Albums Soar High After American Idol Special!

20090311Essential.jpg

As predicted, Michael Jackson's albums have quickly soared in sales following the two-hour special Michael Jackson themed American Idol on Tuesday. The sales figures are expected to climb even higher during the next 24-48 hours as more details trickle in. On Amazon, a variety of Michael Jackson's albums have already jumped to the top movers and shakers list. Less than five hours after the broadcast, "The Essential Michael Jackson" has increased its sales by 2,377% and went from rank 8,001 to 323 of all music sold on Amazon. "Thriller 25" has seen an increase of 411% (ranked 171), "Number Ones" increased by 384%, and "Off the Wall" by 260%. Each of the previously mentioned albums are already within the top 25 largest increased music sales on Amazon. Since Amazon's figures are calculated based on 24-hour trends, the total impact of sales may not be realized for another day or so. Sales on iTunes are also increasing, with "The Essential Michael Jackson" showcased at the top of the home page, on a special sale in connection to American Idol. Other Jackson albums are climbing the iTunes Pop charts as well.

All 13 of the Michael Jackson covers performed on American Idol, in their extended studio versions, can be purchased and downloaded from iTunes by clicking HERE.

"The Essential Michael Jackson" can be purchased and downloaded from iTunes by clicking HERE.

Source: MJJR.net

Can someone post the differente performances ? i want to post them on a french forum ..

Is it American Idol the programm viewing by more than 30 million people in the USA ?

So far, Adam is my favorite, and I did enjoy watching him sing Black or White last night. No one can sing like Michael, but it was fun to watch and so great to see and know that once again people are giving him the respect he so very much deserves. He has devoted his life to his music and dance, and has given so much to so many people in need.

http://mjjr.net/news-i395-6.html

Jackson's Albums Soar High After American Idol Special!

20090311Essential.jpg

As predicted, Michael Jackson's albums have quickly soared in sales following the two-hour special Michael Jackson themed American Idol on Tuesday. The sales figures are expected to climb even higher during the next 24-48 hours as more details trickle in. On Amazon, a variety of Michael Jackson's albums have already jumped to the top movers and shakers list. Less than five hours after the broadcast, "The Essential Michael Jackson" has increased its sales by 2,377% and went from rank 8,001 to 323 of all music sold on Amazon. "Thriller 25" has seen an increase of 411% (ranked 171), "Number Ones" increased by 384%, and "Off the Wall" by 260%. Each of the previously mentioned albums are already within the top 25 largest increased music sales on Amazon. Since Amazon's figures are calculated based on 24-hour trends, the total impact of sales may not be realized for another day or so. Sales on iTunes are also increasing, with "The Essential Michael Jackson" showcased at the top of the home page, on a special sale in connection to American Idol. Other Jackson albums are climbing the iTunes Pop charts as well.

All 13 of the Michael Jackson covers performed on American Idol, in their extended studio versions, can be purchased and downloaded from iTunes by clicking HERE.

"The Essential Michael Jackson" can be purchased and downloaded from iTunes by clicking HERE.

Source: MJJR.net

Thanks this is fantastic news :flowers:

Checked out almost all of the performances. It was good overall. Esp. liked PYT, Human Nature, Black or White, Never Can Say Goodbye. If I was one of the judges, I'd be more of Paula Abdul type:D Of course, no one did an amazing, mind-blowing job, but it didn't suck.

Thanx for posting the article TSCM:flowers: I believe young generation like '90s babies had a chance to hear MJ classics in a row at the show and some of them did buy the albums. Even though they can watch and listen to his material on youtube, the title "Michael Jackson Week" along with the actual performances on a TV show must have been a huge impact on them.

Back