Amercian Music Awards 2009 (Live TV Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter what Michael Jackson is and will always be THE KING of (i cannot say pop, cause he's not just pop, so, i said the KING)

Michael as his song says won a place in HISTORY

LONG LIVE THE KING

People always praise her song-writing skills but it's really not that hard to write about teenage heartbreak and love....

I agree. But it IS hard to write a hit song about a woman accusing you of having her child, cause they "danced on the floor in the round" together.

Now that's songwriting.

Taylor is sweet, but c'mon, Michael should be in a category of his own without any competition, hands down. He had a new album, he had the movie, he had phenomenal sales. It was his last chance, they honored Ledger at the Oscars, why couldn't they give this last one to him??? Taylor has her whole life ahead to win awards. Its not right.

(Hi. :ciao:) You literally just said everything I've been saying all night. Had this been last year or even next year, this award would totally belong to Taylor because she's done a lot that deserves merit - but it doesn't even come close to what Michael did this year. That award had his name engraved on it. And sadly, it was his last chance to get it. :( Taylor's career is just starting. I can accept him losing, if someone had truly put out a better record in the male category or the R&B category, but...this category was more like a popularity contest - and MJ is the most popular artist this year, for sure. Plus he achieved more than anyone else this year and wasn't even here to do it. :( This just wasn't fair. :no: *Sigh* I'm moving on now. =/

whatever

ilkh1j.jpg

I am angry :angry:

I agree. But it IS hard to write a hit song about a woman accusing you of having her child, cause they "danced on the floor in the round" together.

Now that's songwriting.

:lol: I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or you're being sarcastic...

Sorry, I'm slow... -_-

MJ sold over 10million copies of album this year. What are you on?
Sold out shows, HIGHEST GROSSING DOC!!

It's really weird that she won MTV best music video and then this. Probably her record company buy the award. It happens in some Asian award shows.
ok YOU need to learn how to speak to people with a little more respect. I aint on shit thank you very much.

It was probably a sympathy vote because of the Kanye fiasco, but that's ok she seems like a nice person. As long as Feminem didn't win it was ok.

Probably Taylor Swift is really popular with teenagers right now and just got more votes. I am not insulting teenagers here because I know a lot of Michaels fans are teenagers which I absolutely love! His fans span such an age range. Anyway, to some people it isn't about the best artist or who deserves it, but about who you like right now or who is the current fad artist. He should have won artist of the year. But I am happy he got the awards that he did.

People get a grip :mello: Michael won 4 awards for basically doing nothing this year (meaning he didn't release anything), has set a new record for most AMAs won by a single artist, if he didn't win the last category, that's because the AMAs are fan voted and obviously Michael's fans didn't outvote Taylor's fans this time around. It's really not a big deal and nothing to lose sleep over or cry about :mello:

I am honestly happy that MJ didn't win again. I realy didn't want to see Jermaine up there accepting the award. Nothing against Jermaine, but it feels weird for MJ to win and he is gone..:(

People get a grip :mello: Michael won 4 awards for basically doing nothing this year (meaning he didn't release anything), has set a new record for most AMAs won by a single artist, if he didn't win the last category, that's because the AMAs are fan voted and obviously Michael's fans didn't outvote Taylor's fans this time around. It's really not a big deal and nothing to lose sleep over or cry about :mello:

Right! I agree.

Michael has the record for the most AMA's... I'm happy and content.

So this is the last ama awards i am gonna watch. It was pleasant, entertaining and really fun with you guys. Thanks alot. Theres no one else to watch for. How that breaks my heart. Never thought music would die, but it did on June 25th. Good night all.

I had fun commenting with your guys. See y'all at the Grammy's ;)

I am happy for MJ winning all those awards tonight and breaking AMA records. Its sucks that Taylor will get all the media accolades but I am rather neutral on her win. Yes MJ should have gotten the win but wutever, Taylor and all the others have a long way to go before ever achieving even half of what he has done. Did she thank Kanye West for putting her on the map?

Who's bad? MY BEAUTIFUL KING of Pop. I love you forever Michael.

2d1lqww.jpg

I don't get all the drama. Of course it would've been nice to get that last award, but oh well, 4 out of 5 awards is pretty damn good.

This is why Michael left the US

You say this as if MJ has forever won every single award he has been nominated for overseas. Has he even been nominated at any of the overseas award shows this year?

Now that's songwriting.

This is what I always am saying about Michael taking risks. It probably seems like nothing now, but at the time Michael wrote Billie Jean, writing a song about a paternity dispute resulting from a one night stand, was really risky. Especially for a black man trying to get his song played on MTV!

So TS got 5 finally, Michael won 4 out of 5. What about Lady Gaga? She received the most nominations lol.

I want to remind everyone how many times while MJ was here with us that he lost out on awards like this and we were like, "WTF????! He lost to him/her/them??! What's this world coming to?!" But most of those winners are probably barely known these days and MJ is still the KING OF POP and will be FOREVER. And he did win 4 awards tonight :) And broke another record... most AMAs ever won by one artist. I don't think we have to feel soooo bad about the one. It's crazy, but hey.

True. Now I feel better.

i'm sure MJ's Estate paid for Jermaine clothes.

lol why do you think so?

I don't get all the drama. Of course it would've been nice to get that last award, but oh well, 4 out of 5 awards is pretty damn good.

You say this as if MJ has forever won every single award he has been nominated for overseas. Has he even been nominated at any of the overseas award shows this year?

No but overseas they do love him more!! I know that, cause I live in the US and when I go overseas I see the difference. That was actually meant to be directed to Dr M's thread, not here.

pretty much sums it up

"There can always be another Taylor Swift, but there will never be another Michael Jackson. "

I can't imagine how fans must of felt during the 88 grammys

This is what I always am saying about Michael taking risks. It probably seems like nothing now, but at the time Michael wrote Billie Jean, writing a song about a paternity dispute resulting from a one night stand, was really risky. Especially for a black man trying to get his song played on MTV!

Sure it was! And he was always several steps ahead of time and trends.
Michael is, in fact, a trend setter.
I am so proud of him. Yes, I am proud, one or two more prizes won't change a thing, he is the best and I am proud of him. His music makes me happy, gives me shivers, inspires me. He is the best. And I am proud of him!!!

emoticon-1.jpg

I forgot to mention, did anyone see that guy at the very beginning dressed exactly as Michael Jackson? With the glasses, glitter glove, and white sparkly military jacket with the strap across?

I was dissapointed the camera only caught it once.

No but overseas they do love him more!! I know that, cause I live in the US and when I go overseas I see the difference. That was actually meant to be directed to Dr M's thread, not here.

I feel the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back