A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Hmm.....ITC image of MJ, seems I was right to think of Naomi Campbell when I saw those earlier images. Would be nice to actually see some never before seen footage of Michael from that shoot.

And your wish is granted. :D

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Okay so I have a twitter account but how do I log on to see the video? Pls. help

@OnirMJ Wow, ok no need to release the attack dogs, geez. I admitted that it was my opinion earlier. OMG.

My original post was only meant to say that it is awesome that this stuff is happening, but folks on here grabbed one sentence and just turned it into a 'prove her wrong' match for some odd reason. Believe what you would like to believe about what he would think. Its really okay. I think that of all the stuff that he's said over the years, that it is logical to conclude that in all of his perfectionist ways - he probably wouldn't like the stuff coming out by other people. I already said that it is my opinion based on the many times he's expressed that he is a perfectionist. So of course, nothing that these folks are putting out now is going to be up to MJ's standards because they are not in his head. So yes that is why i said its a fact that he wouldn't approve because they are not in his head and they have no idea what he would have wanted for those songs or for these promotions. But it is not a horrible thing, as I said in my post that I'm fine with it and I support it.

"And that those songs remained in the vault for a reason." - He NEVER EVER said anything like that. That would be like saying: my songs suck and I'm creating them for more than 10 years just for myself and not for the world and my fans. STUPID. He wanted to release that music. That's why he recorded it, that's why he worked on some songs for more than 10 years (APWNN), Scared of the Moon, Cheater. He recorded vocals for Slave 24 times!!! Hollywood Tonight...

And no, thats not what it would be saying. It would be saying what HE already said about songs in his vault which is that he writes/records up to 100 songs at least and only a select few are 'good' enough, to HIS standards, to make the cut of an album. The rest are often reworked or evolved into another song to be either included on other albums or sometimes never finished. Wow. No where in what I said even insinuated that I thought MJ thought his songs sucked. WOW. Also not EVERYTHING he makes are necessarily for his fans. Not EVERYTHING he made was even ready for his fans. He wrote and recorded because it was in his blood to do that as an artist. Sometimes artists create because they need to create, not because they're waiting to bring it out into the world all the time. Also, if it didn't make the cut to be released, it was because MJ wasn't completely happy with it. Hence my initial comment.

And no I'm not saying that MJ hated to record and share his art. >< I'm saying that I'm SURE there are times where MJ wrote something and wasn't thinking 'i wonder what my fans would think' - he wrote it cuz it was there to be created.

I'm just astonished how quickly my post was twisted into this debate. JFC

Last edited:

Okay so I have a twitter account but how do I log on to see the video? Pls. help

ooh gurl, simmer down.

When they post the video, it will be embedded/linked on the Mj twitter page.

You didn't actually have to make a twitter account.

respect77;4035545 said:
Some of the videos Samuel Bayer directed:

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Metallica - Until It Sleeps
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around&#8230;Comes Around
Blind Melon - No Rain
The Cranberries - Zombie
Rolling Stones - Anybody Seen My Baby?
Robbie Williams - Angels

So I don't think it will be just a tribute type of video.

I'll doubt ill sleep tonight thinking of what's to come... to be honest! I LOVED No Rain ..Bind melon.oh my dayz.....:heart:
Nirvana...Metalli.......................omg if it goes this vibe then .:wild:.. nope no sleeping tonight haha
oh wo w 0_0
tumblr_ls95omfHT21r415q5o1_500.gif

Last edited:

They will post an embedded video on their twitter feed and you watch there. At least, that's how they did it for another band I like.

Oh. I thought Michael was to be the first to premiere a video on Twitter.

Last year, a band I liked did a live stream of a concert sponsored by American Express. The stream video was embedded in a tweet, or alternatively you could click the link and it would take you to the website to watch the stream.

I'm sure this will be the same situation.

Michael put some unfinished songs on TUC and he had a will where he could have written that all his unreleased demos should be destroyed, he could have chosen some should be destroyed, some not.
In his will he made his mother a guardian for his children, but I don´t think he thought that would happen.I think he expected to raise his children himself.

I´m looking forward to the shortfilm, Michael was a master on shortfilm, but I think there are other great directors too.

&#8220;SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE&#8221; TO FEATURE EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW OF MICHAEL JACKSON&#8217;S NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MUSIC VIDEO
11. August 2014 um 15:27
/www.facebook.com/notes/so-you-think-you-can-dance/so-you-think-you-can-dance-to-feature-exclusive-preview-of-michael-jacksons-neve/10152575682790256

FOR HIS NEW SINGLE, &#8220;A PLACE WITH NO NAME&#8221; WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, ON FOX

TOP EIGHT TO COMPETE THIS WEEK WITH NEW ALL-STAR PARTNERS TO THE MUSIC OF MICHAEL JACKSON IN A SPECIAL EPISODE

This week on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, Wednesday, Aug. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), Michael Jackson&#8217;s new single, &#8220;A Place With No Name,&#8221; from this year&#8217;s critically acclaimed, chart-topping album &#8220;XScape,&#8221; will be featured in the Top Eight group performance, as will a preview of the song&#8217;s never-before-seen music video. In addition, each of the Top Eight performances will feature a Michael Jackson song, either one of his classics or from his current album, &#8220;Xscape.&#8221;

Returning guest judge, actress and dancer Jenna Dewan-Tatum will join judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy, as the Top Eight finalists &#8211; Rudy Abreu, Casey Askew, Tanisha Belnap, Zack Everhart, Jacque LeWarne, Jessica Richens, Valerie Rockey and Ricky Ubeda &#8211; will be paired up with All-Star partners to perform for America&#8217;s votes. The All-Stars include Stephen &#8220;tWitch&#8221; Boss (Season Four), Ryan Di Lello (Season Six), Makenzie Dustman (Season 10), Comfort Fedoke (Season Four), Jaimie Goodwin (Season Three), Allison Holker (Season Two), Nick Lazzarini (Season One) and William Wingfield (Season Four). Also on the show, the third of the four featured dance crews, Control Freakz, will perform live.

Oh. I thought Michael was to be the first to premiere a video on Twitter.

Well, yes, to premiere a video he is the first.

Also, if it didn't make the cut to be released, it was because MJ wasn't completely happy with it.

FALSE.

Hollywood Tonight - he was killed
Hold My Hand - he was killed
The list in his home with The Way You Love Me, Cheater, Scared Of The Moon... - he was killed
Another Day - rock sound of the record didn't fit with the rest of the album
Behind The Mask - MJ and Quincy wanted it on Thriller but didn't get the permission from the original writers
A Place With No Name - reworked in 2004 and 2008 - so again he was killed
Xscape - was among his favourite songs from Invincible sessions but he saved it for another project
Wanna Be Startin' Something, Earth Song, Come Together, Superfly Sister, Ghosts, BOTDF - not much evolving from the demo, just finished the production in some cases.

Ok OnirMJ, You are right. lol

Ok OnirMJ, You are right. lol

I'm just saying that no one knows for a fact anything. Not me, not you, not the Estate and not his family.

And I've already admitted this twice and yet you keep going on about it. My opinion still stands that MJ wouldn't approve of any of this though, so I don't get why you are set on proving me wrong when my post had nothing to do with any of this.

And I've already admitted this twice and yet you keep going on about it. My opinion still stands that MJ wouldn't approve of any of this though, so I don't get why you are set on proving me wrong when my post had nothing to do with any of this.

About the bolded part, prepare for argument when you post that kind of statement like it is a fact:cheeky:

The only fact is that nobody knows what MJ would or wouldn't approve.

fiiiiiiineeee ok ok ! lol I've already admitted that it was my opinion twice. But I'm STILL saying that considering MJ's past, it is my opinion that it is virtually a fact that Mj would not 100% approve of anything going out right now because he's not HERE to put his stamp on it. But if you don't agree, its FINE. Again, I don't get why people keep quoting me as if to prove something still, like I said over and over - my post is not even about any of this but about how I'm happy about the single and the video and everything else.

Here you can say your opinion as many times you like if you feel like, but others are entitled say their opinion of your opinion and argue about your opinion, am I right:cheeky:

Once again you're right. Have fun with that :p

....though technically the argument was about it being fact or opinion, and said argument should have been squashed when I said it was my opinion. But if it makes you guys feel better to keep beating a dead horse, you can continue.

Well, yes, to premiere a video he is the first.

Yes, Atlas Air explained what a band did previously via Twitter.

AP Planner @AP_Planner · 3 Std.

Tomorrow:mad:michaeljackson&#8217;s &#8220;A Place With No Name&#8221; music video premieres on Twitter #MJXSCAPE

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 13)

Thanks for the post but I do not see the song when I click the link for some reason

That was yesterday, but all the same, Xscape is trending up and down in that list.

Some information about Estate's "first video to premiere on twitter" claim.

Normally what happens is that you post a link to a video (such as youtube link) and twitter embed that into the tweet.

Today Twitter announced its new video adds feature.

Twitter Is Rolling Out Video Ads In Its App

Twitter is adding another advertising product to its arsenal, this time rolling out videos in promoted Tweets as part of a beta program for advertisers.

Twitter&#8217;s video ad product does not play automatically in a Twitter user&#8217;s feed, however. The company will charge for the ad when a user taps on the video and watches it, which in theory would mean that the user is already interested in whatever is being advertised when he or she taps the ad. That means the ad could be even higher value to brands looking to promote something on Twitter.

twitter source: https://blog.twitter.com/2014/introducing-promoted-video-on-twitter

they call it a "native video" and it doesn't look like a link or embed. so perhaps APWNN would be the first music video that would be uploaded to twitter.

ivy;4035842 said:
Some information about Estate's "first video to premiere on twitter" claim.

Normally what happens is that you post a link to a video (such as youtube link) and twitter embed that into the tweet.

Today Twitter announced its new video adds feature.

Twitter Is Rolling Out Video Ads In Its App

Twitter is adding another advertising product to its arsenal, this time rolling out videos in promoted Tweets as part of a beta program for advertisers.

Twitter&#8217;s video ad product does not play automatically in a Twitter user&#8217;s feed, however. The company will charge for the ad when a user taps on the video and watches it, which in theory would mean that the user is already interested in whatever is being advertised when he or she taps the ad. That means the ad could be even higher value to brands looking to promote something on Twitter.

twitter source: https://blog.twitter.com/2014/introducing-promoted-video-on-twitter

they call it a "native video" and it doesn't look like a link or embed. so perhaps APWNN would be the first music video that would be uploaded to twitter.

Thanks for the information Ivy but honestly I am a bit confused regarding what we have to do in order to watch the video tomorrow. Can someone please explain for us non twitter users? I have to admit that I am a bit behind the times when it comes to social media

Back