A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 13)

I don't wanna be mean, but if you're interested only in news and information then there is an Thread especially for news about APWNN without Discussion on the Xscape-Section........just sayin. :hiya:

She should not have to be selective about which threads she chooses to visit, this thread does include news as well. The constant bickering is just stupid and needs to stop.

If you guys keep responding to those that constantly derail threads then they won't stop, just IGNORE THEM.

With that said, bring on the video.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 13)

10 hours more to go for SYTYCD, if my calculations are correct. :dancin: :timer:

p.s. anybody has a streaming link for Fox channel??

Tonight, Michael Jackson Will Become the First Person to Premiere a Music Video on Twitter
Comment Now Follow Comments

Though he’s been gone for several years now, new material from Michael Jackson just keeps on coming.

On Monday, the Jackson Estate and Epic Records (the label that owns much of his material and continues to release posthumous songs and albums) announced that a new video was coming from the King of Pop, and it is set to be released in a unique way.

At 10 PM EST tonight, the music video for new single “A Place With No Name” is set to be released via Jackson’s Twitter account, marking the first such premiere for the social media site. While artists have always used Twitter TWTR 0% to alert fans about new clips on YouTube and the like, viewing videos within tweets is a fairly new feature, and Jackson will be the first to actually debut a new video within a single tweet.

Thriller-1983
Michael Jackson in the video for “Thriller”, a fan favorite (Epic)

Before premiering in full on Twitter, a preview of the video will air on a special Michael Jackson-themed episode of FOX’s So You Think You Can Dance. The episode begins at 8 PM EST with a performance by all top eight performers on the show choreographed by the Emmy award-winning Travis Payne, who worked as both back-up dancer and choreographer for Michael Jackson. Every performance during tonight’s broadcast will be a rendition of a famous Michael Jackson song, all leading up to the new video.

On top of the television and Twitter showings, “A Place With No Name” will be shown on a massive screen in Times Square in New York City at the same time.

“A Place With No Name” is Jackson’s reinvisioning of America’s hit single “A Horse With No Name” and was originally recorded back in 1998. It is one of many previously unreleased tracks on Jackson’s Xscape album that takes what the King of Pop originally fashioned and finishes it off with one of today’s top producers. To complete “A Place…”, Epic hired superproducer StarGate, the team behind big hits for the likes of Rihanna (“What’s My Name”, “S&M”, “Diamonds”), Katy Perry (“Firework”) and Beyonce (“Irreplaceable”).

Crafted by award-winning director Samuel Bayer —who has previously worked on videos with rock groups like Nirvana and the Rolling Stones—created the video by attempting to follow Michael’s typical vision for music films, which usually tell the song’s story in some way. The short film also includes outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage of Jackson shot during the production for “In The Closet” back in 1992.

While it is certainly no Thriller, Jackson’s Xscape is already a critical and commercial success, debuting at number two in the US and topping charts around the world. Lead single “Love Never Felt So Good”, a duet with Justin Timberlake, became his first top ten hit in the US on the Hot 100 since 2001’s “You Rock My World”.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci...-person-to-premiere-a-music-video-on-twitter/

"Tonight, Michael Jackson Will Become the First Person to Premiere a Music Video on Twitter"

So cool that they still find a ways to do something first, and even better when Michael's name is attached to it:sarmoti::sarmoti:

Go Michael! Gives me goosebumps lol.

Are they using the original or the new produced version of this song ? Sorry if it has been answered already.

I think it is pretty obvious that they choosed the new version.

I think it is pretty obvious that they choosed the new version.

Let's hope they didn't make a 'Billie Jean mix' for the video like they did to Hollywood Tonight video. :mello:

I have the local ABC news on now and they just announced the video and gave the Twitter address. Said Michael was making history once again.

I've never been to Times Square. Will there be audio playing all around or just from the screen?

You are welcome. that is standard though so don't rely on my guessing - Here is another time convertor for You and everyone who needs to know
it is more in depth. actual city's etc

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20140813T22&p1=179&p2=264

Indeed this is the right time. I live in Belgium so it's 4 AM for me too. I plan to get up early to watch (assuming I will be able to sleep in the first place). So excited for this video!

hey another Belgian :D

Presumably, the single will be released right after the video? Like LNFSG after the ihma's. Hopefully.

What bugs me, is that there are over 100 articles on this recycled Wade Robson shit and yet only 26 articles on something positive and actually amazing, a new video by Michael Jackson that is a world first. It just don't make sense?! - "Money is the root of all evil".

Presumably, the single will be released right after the video? Like LNFSG after the ihma's. Hopefully.

What bugs me, is that there are over 100 articles on this recycled Wade Robson shit and yet only 26 articles on something positive and actually amazing, a new video by Michael Jackson that is a world first. It just don't make sense?! - "Money is the root of all evil".

Hopefully, the ratio will begin to change after tonight

USA TODAY @USATODAY · 2 Std.

Tonight, Michael Jackson becomes the first person to premiere a video on Twitter. #DontStop http://usat.ly/1sZtH27

Bu8AwVAIYAA687g.png:large

There is a way how we as fans can change that. When there is a positive article or link that promotes Michael music, we need to go there and give millions of clicks to that site. That is the only way that media sees what interests us, thus they might change what they publish next time. Today I've been clicking away all the sites that promotes this video release and that dancing program :clapping:

OMG I CANT ****ING WAIT!!!! 5.5 HOURS TO GO!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Preparing for the video, by listening to the song again ;) So XCITED!!!

Rumored MJ songs that will be on tonights SYTYCD

A Place with no name
Slave to the rhythm
Xscape
Smile
The way you make me feel
Dirty Diana
Earth Song
Wanna be starting something

Rumored MJ songs that will be on tonights SYTYCD

A Place with no name
Slave to the rhythm
Xscape
Smile
The way you make me feel
Dirty Diana
Earth Song
Wanna be starting something

A bit surprised that Smile is on the list. I wonder how they are going to dance on that song.

And i wonder what they are going to dance to Dirty Diana and Earth Song. Maybe they will dance something similar to the Billboard-Awards STTR Choreography.

A bit surprised that Smile is on the list. I wonder how they are going to dance on that song.

And i wonder what they are going to dance to Dirty Diana and Earth Song. Maybe they will dance something similar to the Billboard-Awards STTR Choreography.

It could be anything. They do anything and everything from contemporary to ballroom to hiphop.

Getting closer..

Back