A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

I don't get why they show footage of In The Closet, am i the only one who doesn't understand the connection between APWNN and ITC?

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

I don't get why they show footage of In The Closet, am i the only one who doesn't understand the connection between APWNN and ITC?

No one has a clue where the hell the "place" was shot.

Great promo! Dang, wish I was in NY to see it on the big screen!!

Damn, I don't have a twitter account. :(

THEY LISTENED! We asked for unreleased footage, they gave us that gift! We should be happeh

Here comes that happy-feeling again :) :D

Although I've never seen this dance show and do not own a twitter account, I am so thrilled that they are trying some different ways to promote this album. This album is really special in my opinion and I hope others will get a chance to hear it in full. These are exciting times for Michael Jackson fans

omg I cant wait fo wens :wild:

The Michael Jackson twitter account doesn't have loads of followers? Hopefully it gets released on Vivo too.

^^

I think they are releasing it on twitter combined with "so you think you can dance" because they will try to get it trending and go viral.

They should NOT call this a Michael Jackson SHORT FILM!!!!!!!! that disgusts me a lot, this looks incredibly unprofessional, cheesy & badly written! This shoddy video won't be watched by me, ever. The original song is enough.

Well, too bad you won't see the unreleased footage now.. :naughty: :naughty:

And in some minutes Zakk will be jumping all over the place and promising to watch the twitter video launch in a KFC lol

wednesday cant come soon enough :wild:

Im wishing the days away inow its cray cray :wild: :wild:

Last edited:

^^

I think they are releasing it on twitter combined with "so you think you can dance" because they will try to get it trending and go viral.

Great point Ivy!

Fans - We can also help with this by heavily requesting the song on radio that day. It only takes a few minutes and it is super easy to do. There is a link for all of the US radio stations in the first post of the "Have you requested Michael on Radio Today" thread. If the song isn't listed on a particular playlist, you can add it at the bottom. The only information that is required is your name and the code which appears at the bottom of the page. You do not have to enter any other details. During the past 24 hrs, I have requested the song on ALL of the listed stations in the link. Let's help make this song a success!

Trust the estate to come up with such an excellent marketing plan.. releasing it on twitter will get MJ trending BIG time.. we need to spread the word.. let's get everyone talking and discovering this song and kill all the bad news that had started creeping in :)

The beautifully shot short film, directed by iconic award-winning director Samuel Bayer, whose credits include seminal videos from Nirvana and The Rolling Stones, has been created by following Michael's overall vision for short films which tell the song's story, in this case, of a man enticed into a magical "place" by a mysterious woman. The short film also includes outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage of Michael shot during the production for "In The Closet" short film, which have been kept in the vault since 1992.

Is Naomi going to be the leading lady on the video?

That behind the scene footage from ITC brought my mind this
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ppening-here?p=4031921&viewfull=1#post4031921

:D

Exited about the video:wild:

Btw, I'm curious to see whether MJ's twitter followers goes up because of this?
At the moment, he has 1.45mil followers and I'll check again a few days later.

So looking forward to this!!:clapping: Don't know about Twitter but his Facebook page sure will. It's almost at 78,000,000 now.

the short film also includes outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage of michael shot during the production for “in the closet” short film, which have been kept in the vault since 1992.
omg!!!

Btw, I'm curious to see whether MJ's twitter followers goes up because of this?
At the moment, he has 1.45mil followers and I'll check again a few days later.

Oh it will... by how much is the real question. Thing is, the MJ Twitter account isn't really that great tbh... in the sense that just about everything posted there is also posted to MJ's Facebook.

Now if MJ was alive and actually tweeted, that would be an entirely different matter ;)

3am UK time premiere but excited isn't even the word! Still shocked at the new footage! My belief in these people is hopefully going to pay off once again - what a project XSCAPE has been/continues to be!

and kill all the bad news that had started creeping in :)

We will run over it with our jeeeeep :D

MJ-In-the-closet-in-the-closet-video-24985075-449-500.jpg

Last edited:

Will there be an actual single release? Instead of an album version? Because if there isn't there is no way we can possibly buy the single as we've already bought it!

Has anyone else ever done this kind of single release before or is this first time?

Will there be an actual single release? Instead of an album version? Because if there isn't there is no way we can possibly buy the single as we've already bought it!

Yeah, good point. However, we don't know yet. The fact there is a special artwork for the single makes it possible at least.

^ That's a good question@.bubs. Anyone?

^ That's a good question@.bubs. Anyone?

I got too exited to read properly the full pr release. It actually says there that it is first time:
Throughout his entire career, Michael has always stood on the cutting edge of groundbreaking technological advancements. With "A Place With No Name" as the very first music video to launch through Twitter, he continues to set the pace of pop culture and music yet again. Follow @MichaelJackson to watch the historical moment from the "King of Pop" unfold.

Lucky people who can see it on NY Times Square:eek:

a video launched through twitter? how? a youtube video posted on twitter?

And the award for the best single artwork for 2014 goes to...
Buwn14NIUAEKotI.jpg

This artwork is stupendous and really eye-catching, agree?!

Back