A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw 3 songs off the DVD and it sure looks far better than the 30 sec clip from BAD that aired in Daybreak some time ago.

ps : oui, c'est bien moi, je confirme ;)

Ravi de faire ta connaissance :)

Where/when did you see the three songs and on what format/screen size? Is the quality as good as any DVD or slightly inferior?

screenshot would be great

mac-shot-with-gun.jpg

Great to hear quality is good.

Which songs did you see? Is the audio quality good? Is there a lot of noise from the fans/audience?

Can't wait to see it myself. How would you rate it from 1-10 (and 10 being DVD quality)

from what I saw the directing that was actually shown on the giant screen in the stadium shows MJ in action first. you can hear the audience but it is way different from bucarest that is (maybe) over edited.

the bad snippet shown in mpay/june was not good when it came to yellows and oranges and details. the three songs I saw have great close ups of MJ.

from what I saw the directing that was actually shown on the giant screen in the stadium shows MJ in action first. you can hear the audience but it is way different from bucarest that is (maybe) over edited.

the bad snippet shown in mpay/june was not good when it came to yellows and oranges and details. the three songs I saw have great close ups of MJ.

How much of the crowd do you see in the footage?

How much of the crowd do you see in the footage?

Did you recognize anyone in the crowd? :D

Is the quality better or worse than Vision quality? Will DVD have black bars like Vision or not? Please answer. Thanks.

what I saw is 4/3 and shoud be watched 4/3 as it was filmed back in the day (I hate those screens who spread the image for 16/9 sake).

Thank you so much or answering our questions :) Just wondering, is the quality better or worse then the Yokohama show thats available and what can you compare the quality to?

Is the quality better or worse than Vision quality? Will DVD have black bars like Vision or not? Please answer. Thanks.

Are black bars seriously something people keep talking about (here)?
Videos produced to 4:3 will always have the black "bars" on the side. The picture is centered on widescreen tv's.

you can't expect a 4/3 video to be a 16/9 unless you crop and alter it.
it has to be watched 4/3 with the black bars. in theatres when they show 4/3 films they adapt the size of the screen to fit.

^^^I was wondering, how did you see some of the footage anyway? What three songs you saw?

you can't expect a 4/3 video to be a 16/9 unless you crop and alter it.
it has to be watched 4/3 with the black bars. in theatres when they show 4/3 films they adapt the size of the screen to fit.

The quality in general is similar to the Yokahama '87 DVD?

The Yokohama DVD that was released as One Night In Japan combo CD + DVD is very crappy. What I saw is better.

It may be the opinion of a cynic, However after reading through your posts here Richard, you haven't revealed any new information that hasn't already been given by other sources!

Do you have any information whatsoever that hasn't already been posted!?

If it's revealed you have viewed portions of the DVD, I'll stand corrected, But anyone who's username is a double entendre for "D*ck Le C*ck" automatically tarnishes their credibility in my view.

Also, as a side note. After more than a decade of being active in online MJ fan communities, I have only really come across one member from recollection who had REAL inside info on MJ releases etc...and that is MJJC's own mkgenie!
Time and again Genie has revealed exclusive details over a long period.

Steve, calling people names is not good.

My apologies if in my post it came across as such. I was merely translating Richard's username for the less astute.

It certainly reads that way and from experience, If someone's username on an online message board has a strong sexual connotation to it, it's more often than not intentional and can hint towards the user's credibility in discussions like this.

Either way, I wasn't directly calling anybody anything in an attacking or mocking manner.

@richard
People are refering to the so called "yuichi" version, i think. That's the only good quality of yokohama.

My apologies if in my post it came across as such. I was merely translating Richard's username for the less astute.

It certainly reads that way and from experience, If someone's username on an online message board has a strong sexual connotation to it, it's more often than not intentional and can hint towards the user's credibility in discussions like this.

Either way, I wasn't directly calling anybody anything in an attacking or mocking manner.

Um, it's his real name and he's a journalist. Richard Lecocq even wrote a book. So I think before judging someone by the name (or even worse -- translating people's names) you'd better hold back accusations and prejudice in your post.

5513R.jpg

http://richardlecocq.fr/

Last edited:
It may be the opinion of a cynic, However after reading through your posts here Richard, you haven't revealed any new information that hasn't already been given by other sources!

Do you have any information whatsoever that hasn't already been posted!?

If it's revealed you have viewed portions of the DVD, I'll stand corrected,

That's his real name, and I can say with 99% certainty that he saw a portion of the DVD.

Um, it's his real name and he's a journalist. Richard Lecocq even wrote a book. So I think before judging someone by the name (or even worse -- translating people's names) you'd better hold back accusations and prejudice in your post.

5513R.jpg

http://richardlecocq.fr/

Fair enough.

It's clear I was misinformed. Sorry Richard.

Although, I still maintain that no new information has really been provided in those previous posts. :)

I prefer not comment on comments above, simply because some people say they stand by MJ's fan and just judge people before even talking to the right person.
Anyway, I am for real and even had the privilege to humbly work for Michael Jackson in the 00's.

anyway back to topic: the Wembley has deeper blacks compared to Yokohama and details are a bit sharper.
It is DVD, so please take this into account. Songs I saw are WBSS, APOM and HN.

Hope fans are excited to celebrate this release, this is a first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back