A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could organize a contest where the winner would be the one posting the video footage that will best match the quality of wembley DVD ? ;-)

Just a way to kill time...

The available quality options in YouTube mean nothing really. Even if YouTube has encoded the video at 720p, the video quality is not 720p - VHS never had that level of detail when it was new so it certainly doesn't have it now. A VHS rip will never be high def no matter how you encode it, even if you chose 1080!
Did the estate confirm that those people who did the NASA videos are doing BAD? I don't think so. Even if they were, they can't add detail where it never existed. There is no reason to think BAD will be much better than this really.

I understand that, I just felt that it should have been noted. But I have seen various VHS tape with great detail, even from a far distance. If you re-read the very first post on this page, you'll see that they spoke of an unnamed company. And I'm just saying that the BAD concert could be THIS quality, or even better. I'm trying to provide hope for people who are worried about the quality, and you're just shooting down my sensible claims. This thread doesn't need any more negativity.

Remember mikes copy would of been a direct transfer from the umatics, and vhs is very good, vhs`s only usually look bad when its a copy of a copy of a copy etc..and also it will look great on the tv it was made for...the old 4:3 style, i cant wait to try it on mine, dont think i`ll be watching it on a hd tv, that wont look so good i dont think...

CRT_TV.9.Floor.jpg

No one else think that the 'Bad' snippet was awfully good quality for a 24 y/o VHS? I was actually pretty pleased when I saw it, it surprised me. Oh, and when I read the announcement I wasn't that bothered about a VHS tape, I was more interested in brand new demo's, and a full concert! It was everything I wished for and more.

No one else think that the 'Bad' snippet was awfully good quality for a 24 y/o VHS? I was actually pretty pleased when I saw it, it surprised me. Oh, and when I read the announcement I wasn't that bothered about a VHS tape, I was more interested in brand new demo's, and a full concert! It was everything I wished for and more.

This is what I'm talking about! Certain fans who don't whine over what they want, and rather are pleased with what we're getting.

Less than 3 weeks left....hope some trailer will be shown during VMA's on Sep 6th

I just thought about something now...The Bad tour crew watched the concert last week on a giant screen; if the DVD quality was that bad it would have been really noticeable because the bigger the screen is the more details you can see...
So I guess the quality will be good/watchable...

I am not an expert in the HD/TV stuff but that's just my opinion

Any thoughts here??

Less than 3 weeks left....hope some trailer will be shown during VMA's on Sep 6th

I hope they put the trailer up for it, I'll be watching for it. If they don't show it, then I'm watching the entire VMA's for nothing it'll be like Grammy's 50 all over again.

Mike's birthday is not on Monday....It's on Wednesday...Unless you meant his birthday 'week' :D

Mike's birthday is not on Monday....It's on Wednesday...Unless you meant his birthday 'week' :D

That's what I meant ;) But they usually do press stuff on Mondays (I think :p) and it's MJ's birthday week so maybe?

unless they want multiple things happening at the same time, they would wait on the trailer

Looking again at this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jG63v1nVE and i have come to the conclusion that the quality will be fine, mainly due to three things:

#1. The clip is cropped, zoomed and upscaled, unlike the dvd version. There is evidence of this if you compare the above teaser to the original one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALT7dvKmop8
#2. It is compressed by youtube, unlike the dvd version.
#3. This is before it has been remastered, unlike the dvd version.

These things and the fact that various people who have seen the concert all say good things about the quality (and saw it on a large theatre screen) lead me to believe the quality will be fine. Not HD but very watchable. And just think, the audio is going to be top notch fantastic. I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
Looking again at this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jG63v1nVE and i have come to the conclusion that the quality will be fine, mainly due to three things:

#1. The clip is cropped, zoomed and upscaled, unlike the dvd version. There is evidence of this if you compare the above teaser to the original one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALT7dvKmop8

These things and the fact that various people who have seen the concert all say good things about the quality (and saw it on a large theatre screen) lead me to believe the quality will be fine. Not HD but very watchable. And just think, the audio is going to be top notch fantastic. I can't wait!!!

Thank you.
I also have faith the quality of this concert will be fine :)

Have you tried to watch the snippet in full screen on your laptop from the very link you provided?

The BAD snippet that aired a few months ago has nothing to do with the final renderding, believe me.

Richard Lecocq;3697205 said:
The BAD snippet that aired a few months ago has nothing to do with the final renderding, believe me.

Have you seen the final rendering?

p.s. Tu utilises le nom de l'auteur ou c'est vraiment toi qui a écrit un livre sur MJ? :)

I saw 3 songs off the DVD and it sure looks far better than the 30 sec clip from BAD that aired in Daybreak some time ago.

ps : oui, c'est bien moi, je confirme ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back