A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright alright. I'm eating humble pie. There are extras and I was wrong. At least it wasn't the other way around with me saying there would be some and then there weren't so I don't mind too much!

Alright alright. I'm eating humble pie. There are extras and I was wrong. At least it wasn't the other way around with me saying there would be some and then there weren't so I don't mind too much!

:) well let's say that because of you telling people not to expect any extras now everyone is more satisfied to see the extras. so you actually did everyone a service :)

:) well let's say that because of you telling people not to expect any extras now everyone is more satisfied to see the extras. so you actually did everyone a service :)

Great post!

What are Amazon UK like for sending stuff out on time/prior to release? I've ordered things on hmv before and had them on my doorstep up to 5 days before the official release date. I've ordered Bad 25 through them in the hope it may arrive early as my other pre-orders with them have however the Amazon price is far more competitive now.

They had already said they have u-matic tapes from other shows, but no other multi-tracks from those shows.
The audio is listenable, but in their eyes, they'd rather use audio they can fine tune each channel.

And they should have thrown the songs that got cut from the 2nd leg from the Yokohama show, rather than a very similar performance of IJCSLY and Bad (which were basically the same, just different stage and outfits).

Which means they should have released July 15 Umatic dubbed with July 15 multitrack! Go Flying did both concerts and they must have both recordings.

Can't really say I prefer 2nd leg Bad (the song) over 1st leg because he sings it fully live in 1st leg but in 2nd leg he dances more.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Which means they should have released July 15 Umatic dubbed with July 15 multitrack! Go Flying did both concerts and they must have both recordings.

do we know where the Estate sourced the multitrack audio from July 16th ?
Has it been given/sold by Go Flying ?

If that is so, then they should have effectively released July 15th using good video quality from U-matic and multitrack audio that Go Flying confirmed he has.
But maybe one or the other was simply missing. Maybe TWYMMF is also sourced from a VHS.
We never know and according to Go Flying MJ was apparently OUTSTANDING on July 16th. I hope this drived the Estate's choice and not the royal presence in the audience because I do not really care about it. Only the vocals and dancing performance counts.

@ Go Flying :

Now that July 16th is gonna be released, will you ever be able to release audio from July 15th ? A lossless stereo track would be awesome :angel:

I think you can do it as long as you share it for free.
Well maybe the Estate will disagree if you share it too close from Bad25 release though...

I'm hoping the full Rome promo tape Lounis or whoever has comes out (and Tokyo 88) without the Lounis logo.

So the extras on the DVD are from U-matics?

Well, what we know is that the Estate has the master tape from Yokohama. So it's gonna be very good quality for sure (like snippets seen in The One DVD).
For the TWYMMF, we know the Estate have their hands on some Bad Tour U-matic. So I guess we all hope TWYMMF will be sourced from one of these. But we cannot be sure. May be from another VHS also...

But definitely I will watch the concert first and the extras second, just to avoid any disappointment because of quality.

And thanks from me zakk.

I had already pre-ordered this from Zavvi at £24.95 but i've cancelled that order and now ordered from Amazon. This is an absolute bargain at £19.97!

Even if the audio CD of the show has to edit certain songs or cut certain intros for songs, we will still be able to rip the audio of the full DVD and be able to insert the way you make me feel into the running order. I'm not too worried about the audio cd it will still be amazing to listen to. Basically we will be getting 2 live CDs if you think about it. and these HOPEFULLY won't have added audience noise like Bucharest or MITM from Moonwalker.

If they release MJ`s Wembley 16th now...they will release 15th for sure in the future. Even Queen fans got the 'Friday' concert.... which was prior to the outstanding saturday concert which got released first.

If they release MJ`s Wembley 16th now...they will release 15th for sure in the future. Even Queen fans got the 'Friday' concert.... which was prior to the outstanding saturday concert which got released first.

Friday was much better concert concert performance wise. Still Wembey shows are Queen commercial peak, but I'd choose Leiden 1st night cuz it's one of best Magic tour gigs. It's beggining of tour. Freddies voice is in great shape.

(offtopic)

Even if the audio CD of the show has to edit certain songs or cut certain intros for songs, we will still be able to rip the audio of the full DVD and be able to insert the way you make me feel into the running order. I'm not too worried about the audio cd it will still be amazing to listen to. Basically we will be getting 2 live CDs if you think about it. and these HOPEFULLY won't have added audience noise like Bucharest or MITM from Moonwalker.

Yeah, I really wanted to hear the opening of the show, but we will see when it's out. I wanna be satisfied with it.

I'd prefer (if another show were to get released) a U.S. arena show (MSG with Tatiana and the studio guitarist for Dirty Diana).

They were both at the same NY show(s), right?

The old MJJC member by nick "Bisley", youtube nick "BadTourBisley", he's Bad Tour live audio concerts expert.
He's a friend of Go Flying also. So, Bisley said that the best live concert, emotionally and the MJ perfect Voice was the date 15 July Wembely (1988)

It all depends on taste anyway. Also unless he has very valuable rare stuff he couldnt know if july 16 is even better concert cuz no amateur of it is leaked. Just few pro snippets.

The old MJJC member by nick "Bisley", youtube nick "BadTourBisley", he's Bad Tour live audio concerts expert.
He's a friend of Go Flying also. So, Bisley said that the best live concert, emotionally and the MJ perfect Voice was the date 15 July Wembely (1988)
Wtf???
i never said this
/goes back to snoozing on a sunny afternoon

It's so nice to see you here, Go Flying. You're my hero!

I've been waiting for the 16th concert for a long time. It's sad to hear that The Way You Make Me Feel wasn't performed that night, because I think releasing a complete show is the best choice.

Do you know what they are going to use as video footage for TWYMMF on 15th?

VHS? Umatic tape? Amateur video (not likely)? Footages from other shows? I hope someone can give a certain answer for that.

I'm deeply looking forward to the 16th Wembley DVD, since you said that "Mike stepped it up to a whole new level for the 16th". Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back